I would like to thank Matrox for supplying the review sample.
To give you a little backgound on the company, their overwiew is a perfect fit:
Over the years, Matrox has earned its reputation as industry leader and innovator in today's most state-of-the-art technologies, designing software and hardware solutions in the fields of Graphics, Video editing and Image processing.Most companies have an "About Us" page, but Matrox also has a website called "Matrox Culture" and it contains the following:
Founded in 1976, Matrox has over 30 years of experience building award-winning products and solutions designed to meet our clients' diverse needs in the high-technology industry. Privately held, the company employs over 900 people worldwide at its headquarters in Montreal, as well as in international offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and China.
Matrox operates three successful divisions: Matrox Graphics, Matrox Imaging and Matrox Video, each providing an extensive array of real-world relevant OEM and end-user solutions to businesses and individuals across a diverse range of industry sectors.
At Matrox, our culture is defined by our insatiable willingness to continue to prosper and initiate innovation within the high-technology sector. We're a company that strives to maintain the highest regard of corporate responsibility and adhere to respectable business practices and standards.[...]We have the pleasure of reviewing a very unique product from Matrox called the TripleHead2Go. It is available in two versions, one with analog and one with digital output. This is a step up from the DualHead2Go Digital we had the pleasure of reviewing here.
Key Features of the Matrox TripleHead2Go Analog
- Run three independent displays from your workstation, gaming system or laptop, even if that system only supports a single display output.
- Achieve an incredible 45" of total diagonal (or more), running your Windows desktop at up to 3840 x 1024 resolution stretched across three displays (1280 x 1024 per display).
- Upgrade existing certified, mission-critical workstations to TripleHead displays to enable a Surround Design experience without opening the PC tower case or installing a new graphics solution.
- Experience Surround Gaming by expanding supported 3D games across three displays; achieve a much wider in-game field of view.
- Harness the full graphics rendering power of your existing desktop or laptop graphics solution. This includes the full video and 3D capabilities of your embedded graphics solution.
- Very small device that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
We will be using the TripleHead2Go Analog with two Acer AL1721 and one Samsung 720N LCD Monitor. All of these have a VGA port and can handle a resolution of 1280 x 1024 each. This is the the highest resolution the TripleHead2Go can handle (3840 x 1024). A Santa Rosa based 2.4 GHz Macbook Pro with a GeForce 8600 GT will act as input to the Matrox device.