I would like to thank Matrox for supplying the review sample.
To give you a little backgound on the company, their overwiew is a perfect fit:
Over the years, Matrox has earned its reputation as industry leader and innovator in today's most state-of-the-art technologies, designing software and hardware solutions in the fields of Graphics, Video editing and Image processing.Most companies have an "About Us" page, but Matrox also has a website called "Matrox Culture" and it contains the following:
Founded in 1976, Matrox has over 30 years of experience building award-winning products and solutions designed to meet our clients' diverse needs in the high-technology industry. Privately held, the company employs over 900 people worldwide at its headquarters in Montreal, as well as in international offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and China.
Matrox operates three successful divisions: Matrox Graphics, Matrox Imaging and Matrox Video, each providing an extensive array of real-world relevant OEM and end-user solutions to businesses and individuals across a diverse range of industry sectors.
At Matrox, our culture is defined by our insatiable willingness to continue to prosper and initiate innovation within the high-technology sector. We're a company that strives to maintain the highest regard of corporate responsibility and adhere to respectable business practices and standards.[...]We have the pleasure of reviewing the largest of the four GXM modules - the TripleHead2Go Digital. It can support up to three displays and offers the largest resolution for such a setup. If you would like to get to know the other two units, here are the links to the reviews:
- Run three independent monitors from your notebook or desktop computer even if that system only supports a single monitor output.
- A triple monitor setup lets you organize your workspace more efficiently, multi-task more comfortably and make fewer errors
- Open a different application on each monitor or stretch one application across three monitors for the ultimate in Surround Graphics
- Experience Surround Gaming by expanding supported 3D games across three monitors; achieve a much wider in-game field of view
- Uses your system's existing graphics card to deliver a stable platform for office, 3D design, and multimedia applications
- Quick and easy to install; there's no need to open the computer case or insert components
- External device that won't void your system warranty
- Includes Matrox PowerDesk software for Windows to manage message pop-ups and window positioning
- Includes GXM Control Panel for Mac
- PC and Mac compatible
We will be using the TripleHead2Go Digital with three BenQ 22 inch LCD monitors. Each is capable of 1680 x 1050. This is also the maximum the TripleHead2Go can support, resulting in a display area with the pixel size of 5040 x 1050. Such a setup requires a dual-link DVI capable system and Windows XP or Vista. We will be using Windows Vista for our review.