IntroductionFrom the Manufacturer OCZ Technology:
- 400MHz DDR
- CL 2-3-3-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
- Also available in a 1024MB module
- Gold Layered XTC Heatspreader*
- Lifetime Warranty
- 2.8 Volts
- 184 Pin DIMM
- Ultra Low Noise Technology - uses various printed circuit board (PCB) techniques to reduce the amount of electrical noise that is present in all high-speed ICs. This results in faster and more stable memory.
- EVP - OCZ's unique Extended Voltage Protection feature that allows performance enthusiasts to use a VDIMM of 2.9V ± 5% without invalidating their OCZ Lifetime Warranty.
A real innovation is the new heatspreaders OCZ uses:
XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders optimize the thermal management of memory modules by promoting greater airflow by means of micro-convection throughout what is usually the dead air space inside conventional heatspreader designs. In this manner, build-up of heat is avoided and thermal dissipation of the memory components is offloaded more efficiently through the honeycomb design. At the same time, mechanical stability is maintained.
Are you ready for 2 GB?Do you want to play the latest and greatest games without lag? How about using Photoshop without problems? Do you use memory intensive applications like video editing? Or do you need total system boost and the security of not having to upgrade? Or do you need 4 GB of ram? If so then you are a perfect candidate! The 2 gig alternative is great for everyone because we all have to admit 1 GB has become standard. For new games and to run at the highest settings we need to have free resources and many applications won't run smoothly without tons of free resources. The 2 GB kit is also a great choice for overclockers, because two sticks of memory are much easier on the memory controller than four sticks. However, if you are an overclocker and can live with only 1 GB, 2 x 512 MB will usually overclock better than 2 x 1024 MB.
This is OCZ's standard memory package. It can be opened without a knife and unlike many other packages it will not be destroyed by opening it.
The first you will notice when looking at the memory is the sexy looking heatspreaders.