Razer has been around for quite a while now and most people probably know them for their high end gaming peripherals. The company has released various keyboards and input devices, both for gamers and Apple users. The Lycosa is once again a Razer exclusive part, which has not been co-developed with another company like Everglide or Microsoft. It is a pure gaming keyboard, with compact dimensions and a specific button surface.
The Lycosa is currently available with a US and German Layout.
- Keytop with non-slip rubber finish
- Backlight illumination with WASD cluster lighting option
- Fully-programmable keys with macro capability
- Gaming cluster with anti-ghosting capability
- Slim keycap structure with Hyperesponse™ technology
- TouchPanel™ easy access media keys
- Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key
- 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
- Earphone-out and microphone-in jacks
- Detachable wrist rest
- One integrated USB extension port
- Approximate size: 469mm (length) x 168mm (width) x 15mm (height) – without wrist rest & 469mm (length) x 221mm (width) x 15mm (height) – with wrist rest
Packaging & Contents
Looking at the package, it is apparent that you are looking at a Razer product. The large, bright green Razer symbol along with the black backdrop should make it easy to find. And even if you are not in the store for a new gaming keyboard or have not heard of the Lycosa before, the large image of the input device on the front should give you a good idea what is inside the box. Simply turn over the package for further detail. The text on the back is in English, as the device itself has a US layout.
Once the package is opened, the first thing you will notice is the manuals and CD. These have been placed in the center of the package and Razer also includes a few stickers for your personal use.
The Lycosa is placed inside a foam bag to protect it further against light bumps and scratches. The overall packaging is very good, but nothing out of the ordinary.