V-MODA differs from most in-ear-monitor companies because they focus on producing good looking earphones. Besides being good looking the Vibes which I will be taking a look at today have a much warmer sound signature than most in-ear-monitors (IEMs). This is largely because V-MODA doesn't aim to produce a pair of headphones with a natural response curve. Instead V-MODA has tried to imitate the response curve of a clubbing environment.
The thing that makes the V-MODA Vibe earphones stand out from the crowd is the fact that they feature an aluminum enclosure which not only looks good, but also makes them very durably compared to other in-ear-monitors.
The V-MODA Vibes come with three different sized ear tips right from small through medium to large. These tips are made out of silicon which produces an air tight seal between ear and monitor.
- Compatibility: all iPod, Zune, MP3, DVD, computer, and CD players
- Included Accessories: black leather pouch, modawrap, six pairs of silicone ear fittings (S,M,L) in clear and black
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz – 22 kHz
- Speaker Driver: V-MASQUE dynamic technology, 9mm neodymium rare-earth magnet
- Cable length: 32” plug to y-connector, 13.5” even-length earphone cables
- Cable diameter: 2.2mm optimal for sport
- Plug: 24k gold-plated, straight 3.5mm (1/8”) stereo plug
- Weight: 12 grams (0.42 ounces)
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Sensitivity: 92 dB (at 1kHz 1mW)
- Rated Input Power: 2mW