Thursday, November 26th 2009
Just over a day after releasing it in the beta form, NVIDIA released the WHQL-signed version of its GeForce 195.62 driver package. The package provides drivers and related software for GeForce GPUs and the ION chipset. Usually, a WHQL-signed driver that trails a beta release has a different version number and includes some minor changes. With this release however, there are no changes whatsoever, except of course the WHQL certification. As a quick recap, this is what is new with GeForce 195.62:
- Added GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta.
- Added support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Added support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements
- Added SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Borderlands, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, FIFA Soccer 10, and more
- Includes numerous bug fixes