Tuesday, December 15th 2009

Corsair Launches 24GB Dominator DDR3 Memory Kit for HPC Applications

Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced a 24GB Dominator triple-channel DDR3 memory kit designed for high-performance desktop and workstation computing applications.

Corsair’s 24GB Dominator DDR3 memory kit has been rigorously tested in high-performance platforms based on the Intel X58 motherboard chipset for Intel Core i7 [Bloomfield] processors. It comprises six 4GB DDR3 DIMMs that operate at a frequency of 1333MHz, at latency timings of 9-9-9-27, with 1.65V VDIMM. The 24GB Dominator memory kit also features Corsair’s patented DHX+ heatsink technology for optimal cooling and reliability. The modules, equipped with signature American Racing Blue heatsink fins, are found on select Corsair Dominator DDR3 memory for Intel Core i5 and Core i7 platforms in 8GB and 12GB kits.
“Corsair’s 24GB Dominator memory kit is perfect for high-performance computing applications, including computational research, HD digital content creation, working with multiple virtual machines, and other data-intensive applications,” said John Beekley, VP of Technical Marketing at Corsair. “The latest multi-core Intel and AMD CPUs, combined with sophisticated graphics processors from Nvidia and AMD, are capable of performing incredible workloads. Corsair’s 24GB Dominator memory kit enables the large number of concurrent threads and substantial datasets required by these applications.”

The Corsair 24GB Dominator DDR3 memory kit (part number CMD24GX3M6A1333C9) is available immediately from the Corsair Store.

51 Comments on Corsair Launches 24GB Dominator DDR3 Memory Kit for HPC Applications

TheMailMan78
Big Member
W1zzard said:
thanks
One word response?! My god am I going to catch a beating later!
t77snapshot
pantherx12 said:
I use up 3 gigs of ram just in firefox sometimes : ]
No way?...:rolleyes: when multi-tasking on Firefox I barely max 1GB of ram. Lets see some numbers?:p
pantherx12
t77snapshot said:
I open a lot of tabs :laugh:

Like several screens worth, maybe 80-90 tabs :laugh:
erocker
DirectorC said:
There's nothing pointless about RamDisks!!!
The difference of waiting a few seconds? I can wait for an application to load.
suraswami
TheMailMan78 said:
If my board supported it I would have 24gigs of RAM. Photoshop loves RAM.
LOL my ECS board supports 32GB ram, if I can find 8GB sticks :p
t77snapshot
pantherx12 said:
I open a lot of tabs :laugh:

Like several screens worth, maybe 80-90 tabs :laugh:
HAH! nobody would ever need 80-90 tabs opened at once:laugh: I think your doing that just for benchmarking and trying to top out your memory via internet usage.
Hunt3r
Nobody needs all this to work with editing videos .. only for servers
;)
Jizzler
t77snapshot said:
I do quite often...

Save Images -> Open all selected images in tabs

:D
pantherx12
t77snapshot said:
It's when I'm shopping man :laugh:

I'll have specialtech up, ebuyer, novatech, overclockers, aquatuning etc all with 8 tabs open on each shop so I can compare prices, then i'll also leave all the photos of the products open.

On top of that I normally open all unread threads in new tabs <_< then I have hotmail.com/gmail.com and facebook up.

Then I've quite often got a film running somewhere <_< heh.
Lionheart
ZOMG I want that:toast: hmmmm wish they at least 1600MHZ:D
Hunt3r
What is the model of motherboard?

Polarman
Ouch! $1349.99

I could buy a whole system for that price.
DaedalusHelios
TheMailMan78 said:
Sorry Wiz but thats only for CS. I use CS4

Photoshop Version Windows Version Manximum amount of RAM that Photoshop can use
32-bit 32-bit 1.7 GB
32-bit 64-bit 3.2 GB
64-bit 64-bit as much RAM as you can fit into your computer.

Please dont beat me for correcting you...:cry:
Yeah all the computers at my work I set up for the artists have 8GB's of RAM. It uses it thanks to the latest version of photoshop in 64bit but unless your computer has way too much open at once you would never need 24GB. That would be rediculous.
Binge
Overclocking Surrealism
TheMailMan78 said:
Man it must be good Ham!
Someone's gotta bring home the bacon. :cool:
TheMailMan78
Big Member
DaedalusHelios said:
I open two or three 1gig files at a time. Sometimes 8 gigs isnt enough to be honest with you. But then these are full on illustrations. Not normal Photoshop work.
Hunt3r
Binge said:
DFI Lan Party UT x58 T3eH8
thanks
;)
RuskiSnajper
pantherx12 said:
I use up 3 gigs of ram just in firefox sometimes : ]
You can say that again , it's really hungry yeah , either tabs too , eats memory really fast.
Mussels
Moderprator
RuskiSnajper said:
it only affects those of us that never reboot, and never close firefox :)
OnBoard
Mussels said:
it only affects those of us that never reboot, and never close firefox :)
That it does and more memory you have, the more it hogs. A friend of mine never gets firefox to 1GB usage (with 2GB) and I go over 1GB all the time (with 4GB). I can only assume that Mussels with 8GB hits 2GB+?

But I'd have no use for 24GB of mem, didn't even think about getting 8GB, but would have got 6GB if I'd gone i7.
Mussels
Moderprator
OnBoard said:

i go without rebooting for months at a time, i only shut down for windows updates, drivers, and LAN's.

LAN events being the most common :)

Firefox with 7 tabs
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Mussels said:

LAN events being the most common :)

Firefox with 7 tabs
65 processes! :eek: Holy horny joey shut some of them damn things down!
Mussels
Moderprator
TheMailMan78 said:
65 processes! :eek: Holy horny joey shut some of them damn things down!
why? she runs fine.