Friday, June 15th 2012

EA Starts Medal of Honor Charity for Fallen Soldiers

EA has started a new program to generate awareness and charitable contributions to fallen Special Operations soldiers, titled "Project Honor." The program is a marketing tie-in with the upcoming Medal of Honor Warfighter, but it's also planning some smart ways to benefit military charities. Various weapon and gear manufacturers will donate to the Navy SEAL Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Their products will be featured in Warfighter, and they'll also be selling Medal of Honor merchandise with 100% of the proceeds going to one of the listed charities. In addition, EA and Danger Close will be selling a "Military Edition" of the game made exclusively for active, reserve, and former US military. It includes the Limited Edition with some exclusive unlocks. If you fit that bill, you can check out the GovX site for ordering details.

"This partnership with EA and Medal of Honor will raise awareness on the work we do to help the families of fallen Special Operations warriors and facilitate contributions that help provide college scholarships for surviving children and financial assistance to families of severely wounded special operations warriors," said Special Operations Warrior Foundation president John T. Carney, Jr., in the announcement. "This is a great way to give back to some of our country’s greatest warriors."
Add your own comment

68 Comments on EA Starts Medal of Honor Charity for Fallen Soldiers

#1
Kreij
Senior Monkey Moderator
I apologize, Ikaragu, if I took your words wrong. Text on forums in not a very good medium for conveying real meaning.

In any event, even if EA is doing this for pure PR and trying to fend off critisism, if it help even one returning soldier, of any country ... it's worth the effort. IMO.
Posted on Reply
#2
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Ikaruga said:
Its not about good vs bad. If you suggesting that I was flaming, I did not. It just made me sad and I found it a little disgusting.

If they really want to do this, they could just send a money silently, and perhaps put a little note into their site that they tried to help those who truly deserve it.. that would make me respect them a lot, and I would become their fan right away.
Who do you think deserves the money more? Corrupt politician? wellfare drugggies? drug dealers? or the people that fought to make this country safe and free? Also we can give back to soldiers but not make it public?
Posted on Reply
#3
Ikaruga
Kreij said:
I apologize, Ikaragu, if I took your words wrong. Text on forums in not a very good medium for conveying real meaning.

In any event, even if EA is doing this for pure PR and trying to fend off critisism, if it help even one returning soldier, of any country ... it's worth the effort. IMO.
No apology is needed, and perhaps I was the one who said some unwanted words, which wasn't my intention:[ It's an open forum where opinions clash and meet, so if none of us go mental, I think it's OK to have a mature argument.

I agree that we don't have the time to write a sociologist/philosophical PHD here. The subject is too deep to jump into, but I'm pretty sure they just targeting the right audience with their marketing. It's a PR strategy and it would not work if they would state that they will donate the money to live-donor transplant organization or whatever else. I would never say that it's not a nice move, and I feel for every family affected by the war (I'm not just saying this, I honestly do), but I still think that it's blasphemy to "ride" a cultural phenomenon for PR purposes in such a sensitive subject, even if they are doing it with good intentions, it's just too much for me.
Posted on Reply
#4
erixx
Stop prosecuting Assange & Manning you losers and liars of "democracy WOW we fucking RULE orgasms" (just in case, I can understand spec ops as a evil necesity, but never publicly support them, as Nazi Germany would have, the world is just wrong wrong wrong and should die now)
Posted on Reply
#5
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
erixx said:
Stop prosecuting Assange & Manning you losers and liars of "democracy WOW we fucking RULE orgasms" (just in case, I can understand spec ops as a evil necesity, but never publicly support them, as Nazi Germany would have, the world is just wrong wrong wrong and should die now)
This is why I asked for the thread to be closed but no you just delete my post..
Posted on Reply
#6
reverze
Cheeseball said:
Should've not gone to that wedding then LOL
how about not working at the world trade center LOL

not so funny suddenly is it?
Posted on Reply
#7
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Stop please stop


This is not needed this thread SHOULD have already been locked or deleted.
Posted on Reply
#8
TheMailMan78
Big Member
brandonwh64 said:
Stop please stop


This is not needed this thread SHOULD have already been locked or deleted.
No no. Don't close it. I love to hear the America bashers. All I can ever hear is "WAAAAAA MY COUNTRY SUCKS COMPARED TO AMERICA THEREFORE I MUST HATE ON THEM!" lol Everytime I hear someone bash the US I feel a little more pride in my nation. HATERS GONNA HATE! So PLEASE keep it up guys. The more you cry the higher the Eagle flys.
Posted on Reply
#9
acerace
reverze said:
how about not working at the world trade center LOL

not so funny suddenly is it?
It's tickling my humor sensor.
Posted on Reply
#10
MxPhenom 216
Corsair Fanboy
come on EA isn't all evil if they are doing this :)

brandonwh64 said:
Stop please stop


This is not needed this thread SHOULD have already been locked or deleted.
Dude calm the f*ck down.

erixx said:
Stop prosecuting Assange & Manning you losers and liars of "democracy WOW we fucking RULE orgasms" (just in case, I can understand spec ops as a evil necesity, but never publicly support them, as Nazi Germany would have, the world is just wrong wrong wrong and should die now)
With remarks like this from people like you is what makes the world shitty.

No one in this thread was even giving a hint at "democracy WOW we fucking RULE orgasms"
Posted on Reply
#11
erixx
No???? We, the non-americans HAVE TO play -if we wanna play- as american marines ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Try to understand, PLEASE, how boring that is, but that would be antiamerican, of course.

Nothing personal, or national, but just fed up.
Posted on Reply
#12
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
erixx said:
No???? We, the non-americans HAVE TO play -if we wanna play- as american marines ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Try to understand, PLEASE, how boring that is, but that would be antiamerican, of course.

Nothing personal, or national, but just fed up.
Yea and a game about your country would be very fun :rolleyes: all you are is a hypocrite that would probably play the game anyways even if they give money to dwarfs of christmas wearing thongs.
Posted on Reply
#13
erixx
you have no clue, and maybe no age to be here... Why USA needs so much to be loved is a mistery. The British empire didn't need that. Ah, it is because you spend whole day in front of a mirror. lol
Posted on Reply
#14
acerace
USA and their war campaign.

Sorry if its hurt anybody. ;)
Posted on Reply
#15
Tatty_One
Senior Moderator
This thread is about a games developer and it's support to US Forces Charities, it is not about Political ambitions, the rights and wrongs of war or US Foreign policy so could we keep on topic please.
Posted on Reply
#16
hat
Enthusiast
Why do I feel like I'm on 4chan?
Posted on Reply
#17
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Is because haters.
Posted on Reply
#19
MxPhenom 216
Corsair Fanboy
erixx said:
you have no clue, and maybe no age to be here... Why USA needs so much to be loved is a mistery. The British empire didn't need that. Ah, it is because you spend whole day in front of a mirror. lol
I sure as hell don't spend a whole day in front of a mirror. :rolleyes:
Posted on Reply
#20
Major_A
erixx said:
you have no clue, and maybe no age to be here... Why USA needs so much to be loved is a mistery. The British empire didn't need that. Ah, it is because you spend whole day in front of a mirror. lol
You're right. They just went into a resource rich country and declared it a colony of the British Empire. Killed all who opposed and forced their culture onto the nation (see India). We might go into a country to kick some ass but at the end of the day it's still your country.
Posted on Reply
#21
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
Hrm, I'm not sure if this PR move is enough for me to buy what will surely be a POS game. I think I will just send $50 to my local VFW and support them directly rather than support lame EA.
Posted on Reply
#22
MxPhenom 216
Corsair Fanboy
Easy Rhino said:
Hrm, I'm not sure if this PR move is enough for me to buy what will surely be a POS game. I think I will just send $50 to my local VFW and support them directly rather than support lame EA.
Wait how do you know its going to be a shitty game? Have you played it yet? :rolleyes:
Posted on Reply
#23
brandonwh64
Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
acerace said:
And the troll feeders.
acerace said:
USA and their war campaign.

Sorry if its hurt anybody. ;)
erixx said:
you have no clue, and maybe no age to be here... Why USA needs so much to be loved is a mistery. The British empire didn't need that. Ah, it is because you spend whole day in front of a mirror. lol
You HAVE NO CLUE. We do not sit around and bitch about your countries now do we although I see many of these "OTHER COUNTRIES" talking how america is "SO BAD" then when something happens to your country you come calling for help. Whatever bring the hate bitches
Posted on Reply
#24
reverze
brandonwh64 said:
You HAVE NO CLUE. We do not sit around and bitch about your countries now do we although I see many of these "OTHER COUNTRIES" talking how america is "SO BAD" then when something happens to your country you come calling for help. Whatever bring the hate bitches
no other country killed as many people as the USA did since WW2, and i dont see anyone callf or help.

bring it uneducated internet noob
Posted on Reply
#25
erixx
I'll be at the pub waiting for you, THAT would be fun. Really. Just come. Hate and love are just transformations and variations of barbecue and booze, we can manage.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment