Thursday, June 2nd 2016

In Win Signature S-Series 1065W PSU Pictured

In Win designed one of the classiest looking PSUs on the Computex showfloor, with the Signature S-Series 1065W. This 80 Plus Platinum rated PSU features a unique product design, with a chunky aluminium grill plate covering amber colored 165 mm fan on the SIII, a golden copper grill in the SII, and a red brushed aluminium grill in the SI. A strip of amber (almost whiskey-colored) LEDs light up the unit's innards, which can be viewed from the tempered glass side panels. The large capacitors make the PSU look like a retro audio amp. You have enough juice and straws for a machine with up to three high-end video cards. The PSU also allows 3 steps of manual overrides to let you increase its Wattage (at the expense of reduced switching efficiency).
Add your own comment

36 Comments on In Win Signature S-Series 1065W PSU Pictured

#1
ZeppMan217
1065 seems like such a weird number.
Posted on Reply
#2
Joe Public
Yeah, I also thought it was a kinda random number, but I guess if it's good for that, that's what they can put.
Posted on Reply
#3
Vayra86
Next year: inlaid diamond versions
Posted on Reply
#4
jsfitz54
I am a big fan of the "old school" tube amp look. Class A.
Posted on Reply
#5
Caring1
They're almost too nice to hide in a case.
Posted on Reply
#6
Jetster
You could polish that aluminum casting
Posted on Reply
#7
shilka
The 165mm fan in case no one noticed is even more odd.
Never seen a fan in that size before.
Posted on Reply
#8
jabbadap
Hmm, If I remember correctly, In Win is making their own psus. Kind of curious to see how it performs...
Posted on Reply
#9
gdallsk
is that a frickin window on a power supply? :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#10
Sasqui
gdallsk said:
is that a frickin window on a power supply? :laugh:
Sure looks that way. In a certain build/color scheme, this would probably look great.

What got me shaking my head is the modular connectors labeled "extra power" ...is that similar to having a volume knob that goes to 11? lol
Posted on Reply
#11
natr0n
Reminds me of Kamen Rider.
Posted on Reply
#12
Tannhäuser
Holy sh*t, this thing at least does look good! What can you people tell me about In Win-PSUs? Where do their parts come from?
Posted on Reply
#13
shilka
Tannhäuser said:
Holy sh*t, this thing at least does look good! What can you people tell me about In Win-PSUs? Where do their parts come from?
Dont know about this new one but In Win used to make their own PSU´s from their own factory.
Posted on Reply
#14
Caring1
I want one of these mounted on the top of my case so I can see it.
Posted on Reply
#15
Tannhäuser
shilka said:
Dont know about this new one but In-Win used to make their own PSU´s from their own factory.
I guess that's a bad thing, as this is more or less a new field for them. :/ When it comes to PSUs I only trust established brands. For safety reasons.
Posted on Reply
#16
shilka
Tannhäuser said:
I guess that's a bad thing, as this is more or less a new field for them. :/ When it comes to PSUs I only trust established brands. For safety reasons.
What? did you even read what i said before? they had their own factory (not 100% sure they still do or not?) and made their own stuff and they did that for years so this is not new for them quite the opposite.

Seasonic and Super Flower just to name two others does exactly the same and have also done for years.

Does that make Seasonic and Super Flower bad all of a sudden? no
Posted on Reply
#17
Tannhäuser
Sure. But personally I think that In Win is relatively new on the market in comparism with Seasonic or Super Flower. Since 2013? Don't know.
Posted on Reply
#18
shilka
Tannhäuser said:
Sure. But personally I think that In Win is relatively new on the market in comparism with Seasonic or Super Flower. Since 2013? Don't know.
In Win has been around on the PSU market since at least 2008.
Super Flower started out around 2006 so they are not much older.
Posted on Reply
#19
jaggerwild
Based off what they are doing with the computer case's they produce, and from what I can see inside the unit might have a winner. Love the lite up inside, see though window and huge fan on the heat sinks. I'd guess pricing won't be cheap but again they seem to want to be leaders not followers in anything they touch.
Again they almost have broken the egg like they did with boxy computer case's, hell some of the other companies would sell you a cardboard box if they could get away with it(slap an awesome name on it) boom, new, exciting BOXES!!!!!
Posted on Reply
#20
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
I just hope they aren't built cheap like the expensive cases inwin has been selling...
Posted on Reply
#21
shilka
Some of the past In Win PSU´s have been really good and high quality while others where just average.
Cant recall they have ever had any bad ones or not?

Anyway i am really looking forward to this new PSU as its been way too long since they made anything.
Posted on Reply
#22
nickbaldwin86
cdawall said:
I just hope they aren't built cheap like the expensive cases inwin has been selling...
What case are you referring to? I have first hand experience with their high end expensive cases and NO they aren't built cheap at all.

Even their "cheaper" cases are far from "cheaply built" they just don't use as high end material so they are able to sell them for "cheaper".

It is all relative but I wouldn't even compare them to very many cases on the market because they build them at a much higher level!

I am pretty picky when it comes to cases and the In Win 904 is the best quality built case I have built in and I have a large number of builds under my belt.
Posted on Reply
#23
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
nickbaldwin86 said:
What case are you referring to? I have first hand experience with their high end expensive cases and NO they aren't built cheap at all.

Even their "cheaper" cases are far from "cheaply built" they just don't use as high end material so they are able to sell them for "cheaper".

It is all relative but I wouldn't even compare them to very many cases on the market because they build them at a much higher level!

I am pretty picky when it comes to cases and the In Win 904 is the best quality built case I have built in and I have a large number of builds under my belt.
I have played with quite a few of their high end cases never been a fan. It is a poorly attempted lian li knock on every single one I have played with, but they add a glass side panel. Materials were plenty thick I guess, but just design makes them feel cheap to me.
Posted on Reply
#24
Antykain
Wow.. those are pretty impressive to look at! Will definitely look forward to seeing a review on this.
Posted on Reply
#25
nickbaldwin86
cdawall said:
I have played with quite a few of their high end cases never been a fan. It is a poorly attempted lian li knock on every single one I have played with, but they add a glass side panel. Materials were plenty thick I guess, but just design makes them feel cheap to me.
what does a design have anything to do with material used? if you don't like the design, fine. but you can say the materials are junk because the design is junk. Quality metal is quality metal! Just say you don't like the design! different isn't for everyone.

Lian Li knock? most ignorant thing I will read today surely. what is Lian Li about any In Win case? they aren't even close in design. Oh they both use high grade aluminum... yup must be a knock off.... BAHA this guy!

Judging by your cases in your sig line you are a Lian Li fan boi? and all others are NOT worth your time? I have had Lian Li cases, I think they are great, but in no way are either Lian Li or In Win comparable to each other.

sorry but I am just going to take your post as a joke and move on.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment