Sunday, June 5th 2016

Zalman Unveils the Humongous X7 Chassis

Zalman unveiled the X7, a humongous ATX full-tower chassis that makes some of the biggest ATX motherboards look like micro-ATX board installed in a mid-tower. Supporting EATX, SSI-EEB, XL-ATX, and HPTX form-factors, besides common ATX ones, the X7 features a horizontally dual-compartment layout, with room for a graphics cards in excess of 50 cm in length. With the drive bays relegated to the bottom compartment and behind the motherboard tray (and with detachable 3.5-inch bays if you need additional storage), you have vast amounts of room for your DIY liquid cooling gear. This includes support for a 520 mm x 140 mm radiators on the top and front. Other features include rotary knobs for a multi-channel fan controller, and controls for the LED lighting.
Add your own comment

19 Comments on Zalman Unveils the Humongous X7 Chassis

#1
TheLostSwede
8Pack disapproves, it's not big enough :D
Posted on Reply
#2
Chaitanya
That side 5.25" drive bay perfect for fan controllers. Waiting to final release version of this case.
Posted on Reply
#3
romeg
About 8 years ago I helped a friend build a rig using an Antec case. It was not a pleasant experience so I hope their quality and materials have greatly improved because I rather like that chassis. I'm planning another new rig for Sept and I'd really like something larger than my two Phanteks Primos. Intrigued with their propose Elite, too. Good job, Antec.
Posted on Reply
#4
AsRock
TPU addict
Yet another case i would not even touch never mind buy.
Posted on Reply
#5
djisas
Looks cool and all but it wouldnt fit all my hardware...
Posted on Reply
#6
crazyeyesreaper
Chief Broken Rig
looks meh, nice ideas but the entire side panel being a window just bugs the shit out of me. I like seeing SOME of my hardware but the last thing i want to see is HDDS SSDS etc.
Posted on Reply
#7
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
AsRock said:
Yet another case i would not even touch never mind buy.
boring to say the least, Aerocool had the tenacity to launch an XPredator 2 series...
Posted on Reply
#8
kylee
But is it 900D big?
Posted on Reply
#9
thesmokingman
I like the aesthetics better than the LianLi glass cases, but in this class rad placement seems to be an after thought. And its's not that big. You can already stuff dual 480 rads and dual psu into a Primo.
Posted on Reply
#10
Jack1n
romeg said:
About 8 years ago I helped a friend build a rig using an Antec case. It was not a pleasant experience so I hope their quality and materials have greatly improved because I rather like that chassis. I'm planning another new rig for Sept and I'd really like something larger than my two Phanteks Primos. Intrigued with their propose Elite, too. Good job, Antec.
Antec?
Posted on Reply
#11
romeg
Jack1n said:
Antec?
I think so, but since you ask, now I'm not sure. I'll have to email him and see if he remembers better than I.
Posted on Reply
#12
Jack1n
romeg said:
I think so, but since you ask, now I'm not sure. I'll have to email him and see if he remembers better than I.
I was just wondering what does Antec have to do with a news article about a Zalman case.
Posted on Reply
#13
romeg
Jack1n said:
I was just wondering what does Antec have to do with a news article about a Zalman case.
Not a darned thing! I could have sworn I read Antec. Man, am I bad! I hope he egg washes off my face easily.
Posted on Reply
#14
Yensteel
This will be my next pc case if they implement dust filtration for the front. Its a big deciding factor.
Posted on Reply
#15
Dreadze
AsRock said:
Yet another case i would not even touch never mind buy.
Your name explains exactly why too.
Posted on Reply
#16
Dreadze
Its in alpha stage you knuckle heads, the design is not final or anything, all they know for now is that is going to be big and roomy. Stop acting like this is the final deign and case, Zalman clearly and and concisely stated otherwise.
Posted on Reply
#17
AsRock
TPU addict
Dreadze said:
Your name explains exactly why too.
Huh ?, if your getting at what i think yout trying to get at, well that's shows how much you don't know.
Posted on Reply
#18
remixedcat
The issue I have with my Antec 302 is the USB ports on the front go bad quick and are ruined easy. I had a headset plugged into one of them and one of my office chairs broke and just shifted it... i dunno a few mm and the port is loose as hell and still works, however I just keep the G700S's wireless receiver in it rather than the back. Just a little jostling shouldn't muck the port up THAT much. The rest of this case is pretty good for a lower priced one.

Other people said the USB ports are too flimsy as well
Posted on Reply
#19
micropage7
remixedcat said:
The issue I have with my Antec 302 is the USB ports on the front go bad quick and are ruined easy. I had a headset plugged into one of them and one of my office chairs broke and just shifted it... i dunno a few mm and the port is loose as hell and still works, however I just keep the G700S's wireless receiver in it rather than the back. Just a little jostling shouldn't muck the port up THAT much. The rest of this case is pretty good for a lower priced one.

Other people said the USB ports are too flimsy as well
yea, looks like many cases have the same problem, sometimes the mouting, sometimes the ports. i never use my front usb ports.
btw the case looks pretty big but i dunno does it rigid enough coz many empty area without structure support.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment