Friday, March 10th 2017

MSI Announces the Z270 Gaming M6 AC Motherboard

MSI is proud to announce a brand new Enthusiast GAMING motherboard, the Z270 GAMING M6 AC. Inspired from a futuristic armored spaceship, the Z270 GAMING M6 AC design with multilayer plating, wings and armaments emphasize an ultramodern style.

The complete motherboard and heatsink design offers a strong look and feel and uses heavy quality components to deliver the best performance and stability as the base of any gaming rig. Added features such as Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic 2, Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield, VR Boost, Killer LAN & Intel WIFI AC, and the option to fully customize the RGB LEDs to any color using Mystic light, makes the Z270 GAMING M6 AC one of the most high-end and desirable Z270 motherboards to build a gaming rig with.
Through fully isolating the memory circuit design, the DDR4 Boost ensures maximum performance and stability. The technical enhancements of DDR4 Boost allow for more stability at higher memory speeds compared to other brands.

Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely quick loading of applications and games with MSI motherboards. Twin Turbo M.2 delivers PCI-E Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 64 Gb/s for the latest SSDs. It also supports the all-new Intel Optane technology. M.2 Shield (patent pending) is a thermal solution, which keeps the M.2 or Optane device safe and cool to prevent damage and thermal throttling. M.2 GENIE makes setting up RAID easy by taking less steps, using any M.2 or PCI-E SSD (even when used in a mixed configuration). The Z270 GAMING M6 AC supports the latest storage interface, U.2 as well.

With Audio Boost, powered by Nahimic, MSI motherboards deliver the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality audio components and an isolated audio PCB. An added audio cover and golden audio connectors ensure the purest audio signal.

Optimize your gaming rig to deliver game networking traffic over LAN for the best possible online gaming experience, while using WiFi for other online applications. This next-generation Intel Wi-Fi / Bluetooth solution uses smart MU-MIMO technology, delivering AC speeds up to 867Mbps. Perfect for streaming and gaming at the same time.

Includes free Phanteks RGB LED strip
This RGB LED strip helps to transform and synchronize colors in your case to any liking. Simply connect the plug & play strip to the Mystic Light Extension pin header located on MSI motherboards, without the need of external power, and set a color and choose an LED effect to match it with your motherboard and other peripherals RGB LEDs. Use the included double sided 3M tape to place the strip firmly wherever you want inside (or even outside) your chassis.
Add your own comment

27 Comments on MSI Announces the Z270 Gaming M6 AC Motherboard

#1
TheLostSwede
Another motherboard designed for 13 year olds? *sigh* o_O
Posted on Reply
#2
lZKoce
TheLostSwede said:
Another motherboard designed for 13 year olds? *sigh* o_O
Come on man, don't you get a hard on from that chunky-ass VRM/ I/O heatshinks, reinforced PCIe slots to prevent huge-ass GPU sagging, M2- shield dude!, reinforced RAM slots, because RAM is SO heavy these days?Ohh..oh and your southbridge is better lit than most streets in "third-world" countries. Did I mention the TURBO u.2 slot, because regular U.2 is too slow ? Are you not entertained? ;)
Posted on Reply
#3
TheLostSwede
lZKoce said:
Come on man, don't you get a hard on from that chunky-ass VRM/ I/O heatshinks, reinforced PCIe slots to prevent huge-ass GPU sagging, M2- shield dude!, reinforced RAM slots, because RAM is SO heavy these days?Ohh..oh and your southbridge is better lit than most streets in "third-world" countries. Did I mention the TURBO u.2 slot, because regular U.2 is too slow ? Are you not entertained? ;)
No, I'm waiting for the pink urban camouflage version...
Posted on Reply
#4
fullinfusion
1.21 Gigawatts
Nice rip off, well....

I just got the ROG Maximus IX Code today and its full of armor... The msi has cut it short..

And yeah I'm 46 so does that make me a child????

lol I love a full armor kit covering the components as it hides everything o_O :toast::rockout:
Posted on Reply
#5
Dj-ElectriC
I like how MSI gives 0 F**ks about how their M.2 was found as a fad.
Posted on Reply
#6
bonehead123
Well I agree that the armor looks kinda childish and all, but what gets me is that there are 2x m2 slots, but only 1 shield.... WTF is up with that ? Do they really cost so much that msi couldn't make room in their margins for the 2nd one..... geesh...

Oh, but wait... I know... you have BUY the 2nd one, for some ungodly price like $29.99 or more, just so everything matches.....

FYI, several places have nice, although non-armor-looking, m2 heatsinks for just $10....just sayin :D
Posted on Reply
#7
lZKoce
Dj-ElectriC said:
I like how MSI gives 0 F**ks about how their M.2 was found as a fad.
What is a fad? I really don't get your post. Fad = something not working properly?
Posted on Reply
#8
Joss
I'll wait for the flowery rose version :rolleyes:
Posted on Reply
#9
Dimi
bonehead123 said:
Well I agree that the armor looks kinda childish and all, but what gets me is that there are 2x m2 slots, but only 1 shield.... WTF is up with that ? Do they really cost so much that msi couldn't make room in their margins for the 2nd one..... geesh...

Oh, but wait... I know... you have BUY the 2nd one, for some ungodly price like $29.99 or more, just so everything matches.....

FYI, several places have nice, although non-armor-looking, m2 heatsinks for just $10....just sayin :D
~
Those things don't work anyway, in fact, it adds heat to the ssd.
Posted on Reply
#10
EarthDog
Dimi said:
~
Those things don't work anyway, in fact, it adds heat to the ssd.
It helps and does NOT add heat to the ssd.
Posted on Reply
#11
Atnevon
fullinfusion said:
Nice rip off, well....

I just got the ROG Maximus IX Code today and its full of armor... The msi has cut it short..

And yeah I'm 46 so does that make me a child????

lol I love a full armor kit covering the components as it hides everything o_O :toast::rockout:
Better than the Biostar boards. In my case the coverings are hidden and there are no signs of text or logos lit up. Its better looking than MANY others and has a great UI as well. I actually am really happy with my M7. (those PCi slot lights too look pretty awesome)

The MSi boards are great At least there is an option to turn lights OFF if they get annoying. Didn't used to be that way a few years back.
Posted on Reply
#12
bonehead123
EarthDog said:
It helps and does NOT add heat to the ssd.
Well, given that I have 2x m2's in my rig and neither one of them has ever exceeded 25c, even during very heavy multitasking, I am skeptical of the so called "need" for these heatsinks, even on the one that's right under my GPU...

BUT, I have gobs of airflow throughout my case...so there's that to consider also
Posted on Reply
#13
EarthDog
Google it man. This can be a problem.
Posted on Reply
#14
XiGMAKiD
It would sell much better if it's called MSI Z270 Gaming 50 Shades Darker
Posted on Reply
#16
EarthDog
It didn't do that in my testing...It dropped about 4C on idle and 6C on load.

The bottom side...I couldn't measure. But where the sensor is, it lowered my temps and prevented some throttling.
Posted on Reply
#17
cadaveca
My name is Dave
EarthDog said:
It didn't do that in my testing...It dropped about 4C on idle and 6C on load.

The bottom side...I couldn't measure. But where the sensor is, it lowered my temps and prevented some throttling.
me as well. It really depends on what drive and what VGAS you use though.
Posted on Reply
#18
Tsukiyomi91
MSI's M.2 Shield is a damn gimmick of a product. Cool down your M.2 SSD my ass when it's so close to a GPU that makes tons of heat under load.
Posted on Reply
#20
tigger
I'm the only one
Well if it has LEDs I'm sold
Posted on Reply
#21
dorsetknob
"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
"Armour"
where is the ballistics impact Resistance report ???

we will need that before purchase :) to make an informed choice :)
Posted on Reply
#22
purplekaycee
TheLostSwede said:
Another motherboard designed for 13 year olds? *sigh* o_O
What's wrong with it?
Posted on Reply
#23
jaggerwild
TheLostSwede said:
Another motherboard designed for 13 year olds? *sigh* o_O
:roll::roll: hit the NAIL on its head!!
Posted on Reply
#24
tigger
I'm the only one
TheLostSwede said:
Another motherboard designed for 13 year olds? *sigh* o_O
I agree, the manufacturers seem to think gamers are all pubescent 13 year olds that have nerdgasms if everything has shitty flashing LEDs on it.
Posted on Reply
#25
TheLostSwede
purplekaycee said:
What's wrong with it?
I just don't need pointless, flashy, gimmicky crap on my motherboard.
Why are there random bits of plastic on the board? Why does the heatsinks have to have RGB LEDs? Why would I want a "free" RGB LED strip? All of this crap just adds cost, but no real value to the product, nor any practical functionality. My PC is a functional machine that sits under my desk, I never take it out of the house, i only look at it when I power it one or plug something in/out, otherwise I don't see the machine. Admittedly this isn't as bad as their latest stuff with camouflage patters all over them, but it's clear that these boards have been designed more by the marketing department than the engineering department.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment