Monday, November 26th 2007

Eidos Announces Deus Ex 3

Eidos Interactive, known for such classic games as Tomb Raider, Hitman, Lego Star Wars, and the Deus Ex series, recently announced that they plan on adding a new member to the Deus Ex family: Deus Ex 3. The Deus Ex series, for those of us who have not heard of it before, pioneers mixing elements of a first-person-shooter with a role-playing game. Similar to the 2K Games hit BioShock, you can manipulate the behavior of the character and plot of the game by making ground-shaking choices at critical points in the game. You can check out files.neoseeker.com for a Deus Ex 3 teaser trailer. Source: Neoseeker
Add your own comment

25 Comments on Eidos Announces Deus Ex 3

#1
TheGuruStud
I'm still waiting on a good version of Deus Ex 2. How about you guys remake it, so it doesn't suck, then I'll get 3.

I swear, how do you follow up to one of THE BEST games ever with deus ex 2? Seriously.
Posted on Reply
#2
TUngsten
I agree 1000% with that thought, Guru
Posted on Reply
#3
F-22
Deus Ex 3 Woooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna Be Awesoeme~!~

I thougght D2 was awesoem. it reminds me of tokyo
Posted on Reply
#4
Fuse-Wire
i prefered Deues Ex: Invisible War, Spud107 put me off the original. too complex having to remember all the codes!
Posted on Reply
#5
JC316
Knows what makes you tick
SWEET!!!! I can't wait for this, I hold Deus Ex Invisible War in my top 5 games of all time list, so I am really looking forward to this.
Posted on Reply
#6
jocksteeluk
i have to say i find all of Eidos's FPS games quite poor, lets hope since they were taken over they have improved development of these games because Deues eX 2 was crap.
Posted on Reply
#7
happita
Ehh, Deus Ex 2 was definitely better than 1, but just by a hair. Definitely not a deserving sequel. Lets hope they give DX3 a good polish and a better storyline with some new innovative features!
Posted on Reply
#8
TheGuruStud
"happita said:
Ehh, Deus Ex 2 was definitely better than 1, but just by a hair. Definitely not a deserving sequel. Lets hope they give DX3 a good polish and a better storyline with some new innovative features!
What?!?! Are we even on the same planet? I think we played different Dues Ex 1s and 2s haha. :p
Posted on Reply
#9
happita
"TheGuruStud said:
What?!?! Are we even on the same planet? I think we played different Dues Ex 1s and 2s haha. :p
We all have different tastes it seems :twitch:
Posted on Reply
#10
JC316
Knows what makes you tick
Yeah, it's that way, there seems to be two groups of people with Dues Ex Invisible war . The "It was ok" group and the "One of the best games ever made" group. I am really looking forward to this one.
Posted on Reply
#11
XooM
DX2 was great fun, but glitchy as hell. I remember looting a chain gun off of a sentry once that fired for like 3 minutes with one shot and used virtually no ammo. I also recall jumping out of one of the levels... still lotsa fun though :)
Posted on Reply
#12
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
did Ion Storm Integrate into Eidos?
Posted on Reply
#13
15th Warlock
Just watched the trailer and it gave me the chills to listen to the old Deus EX theme after so many years.

Deus EX 2 didn't captivate my attention half as much as the first game did, but that doesn't mean it was a bad game, its just that the first game was such a hard act to follow!!

I'm really happy to see one of my favorite franchise of all time resurrect after so many years, I hope we get to see JC Denton again on the new sequel. :toast:
Posted on Reply
#14
Tatty_One
Senior Moderator & Combat Squirrel
Never played the 2nd, only the first, one of the best games I have ever played......just remember to write the codes down as you go along! :p
Posted on Reply
#15
Ketxxx
Heedless Psychic
Ditto. DeusX2 was craptacular.
Posted on Reply
#16
AsRock
TPU addict
"TheGuruStud said:
I'm still waiting on a good version of Deus Ex 2. How about you guys remake it, so it doesn't suck, then I'll get 3.

I swear, how do you follow up to one of THE BEST games ever with deus ex 2? Seriously.
Yeah Deus Ex 1 owned but dam that second one was just as bad as SOF 2 to me maybe even worse either way both were rubbish compared to the 1st one..
Posted on Reply
#17
Fuse-Wire
"AsRock said:
Yeah Deus Ex 1 owned but dam that second one was just as bad as SOF 2 to me maybe even worse either way both were rubbish compared to the 1st one..
:eek: how dare you insult SOF 2. Deus Ex 1 was crap. SOF 1 was crap. Deus Ex 2 was great, Soldier of Fortune 2 was Great. Soldier of Fortune 3 was crap so will Deus 3 be?
Posted on Reply
#18
spud107
"Fuse-Wire said:
i prefered Deues Ex: Invisible War, Spud107 put me off the original. too complex having to remember all the codes!
no, its cos you got PWN3D!!!111





repeatedly . .
Posted on Reply
#19
Fuse-Wire
You bloody well cheated at MP. invisible cloaks and all and this walk silent crap aaarrrgghhh i hate you, never again!!
Posted on Reply
#20
JC316
Knows what makes you tick
"15th Warlock said:
Just watched the trailer and it gave me the chills to listen to the old Deus EX theme after so many years.

Deus EX 2 didn't captivate my attention half as much as the first game did, but that doesn't mean it was a bad game, its just that the first game was such a hard act to follow!!

I'm really happy to see one of my favorite franchise of all time resurrect after so many years, I hope we get to see JC Denton again on the new sequel. :toast:
Well, there was a bunch a different endings in Invisible war, and not many of them turned out well for JC Denton..... In fact, only ONE turned out good for JC.
Posted on Reply
#21
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
just remember JC had his mind taken over by the Core when he fused with it.
Posted on Reply
#22
erocker
*
I remember buying that 3dfx 5500 to play Deus Ex. Great game!
Posted on Reply
#23
JC316
Knows what makes you tick
"eidairaman1 said:
just remember JC had his mind taken over by the Core when he fused with it.
Exactly, he and the Helios core merged and he went into a coma. Then Tracer Tong and Apostlecorp were working to perfect the biomods to bring him out of the coma.
Posted on Reply
#24
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
well JCs ending i say was somewhat messed up. in DX2 that is
Posted on Reply
#25
JC316
Knows what makes you tick
"eidairaman1 said:
well JCs ending i say was somewhat messed up. in DX2 that is
Yeah, I agree and it would be damn hard to make a sequel off from that ending, so I will assume that they will go off from the Illuminati ending with JC and Paul being dead. Where Alex and the other Tarsus kids will come in is my question.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment