Friday, March 6th 2009
Cisco today announced the Linksys by Cisco Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge with Dual-Band (WET610N), Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (WRT400N), and the Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router (WRT320N). These new offerings extend the Award-Winning Linksys by Cisco Wireless-N family of products to further advance the Media-Enabled home. The WET610N Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge can add high-speed Wireless-N connectivity to Ethernet-enabled devices such as Set-Top Boxes, game consoles, and Televisions for On-Demand broadcast, online gaming, or media streaming throughout the home. Both the WRT400N and WRT320N Dual-Band routers help consumers realize the benefits of using the 5GHz wireless spectrum to connect their devices to the network with a lower price of entry. The WRT400N offers connectivity in both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz spectrums at the same time, while the more value-priced WRT320N allows the user to select which band they prefer to use.
- Connect Ethernet-Enabled Devices Wirelessly Consumers can get better range and speed for streaming video and gaming applications by using the WET610N to connect Ethernet-enabled devices to their high-speed Wireless-N home network without running new cables.
- Dual-Band Wireless Capabilities The WET610N is ideal for home theater and gaming applications because entertainment content can be sent over the less crowded 5GHz spectrum, separating it from other network traffic that transmits in the 2.4GHz spectrum.
- Optimized for streaming video, home theater and gaming applications By using enhanced Quality of Service functionality, the WET610N helps reduce video glitches to provide faster and more reliable video streaming and network performance.
- Simultaneous Wireless-N Bands As a simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N router, the WRT400N can operate in both the 2.4GHz wireless band and the wider 5GHz band, essentially providing two full wireless networks for the price of one.
- WiFi Protected Setup To simplify the process of adding to the home network, the WRT320N includes WiFi Protected Setup--a push button feature that simplifies the process of setting up and configuring security for new network devices.
- Selectable Wireless-N Bands Configurable to operate in either the 2.4GHz wireless band or the wider 5GHz band, the WRT320N offers consumers more options for configuring their home network.
- Gigabit Connectivity The WRT320N includes four Gigabit ports for quicker transmission of data when using a wired connection to a device within the home.