Friday, July 3rd 2009

Thermaltake Unveils ProWater PW880i Water Cooling System

Thermaltake, leading provider of computer cooling solutions, is introducing their latest addition in their wide range of liquid cooling products, the PW880i gets your PC in gear for the coming summer heat. In addition to this big size water cooling system, Thermaltake also offers water cooling solutions for VGA cards (WB400) and for the motherboard North Bridge (WB200), tailored for your individual cooling needs.

The PW880i is a powerful liquid cooling solution for the core of your PC the CPU. With a 24cm radiator equipped with two 14cm fans this is the ideal device for efficient heat dissipation. The solid CPU water block is made of pure copper with delicate brazing technology. Supporting most mainstream CPU sockets such as Intel LGA1366 and AMD AM3, the PW880i sports excellent cooling performance for demanding users and overclockers alike. As the tank and pump can be placed outside the chassis it offers two practical advantages: you gain more space within the case itself and maintenance is made easier and more convenient.
If you are looking for more specialized water cooling, Thermaltake is also offering interesting solutions. The WB400 VGA water block is equipped with an LED fan and supports mainstream high-end VGA cards, such as the nVIDIA GTX 285 or the ATi HD 4890. With the WB200 Northbridge water block you have a pure copper base with ideal thermal characteristics. The M-connector is a one-to-three connector. Its rotational hose connector provides users more flexibility to arrange their liquid cooling system. With parallel connection, the water blocks can be well-arranged and receives cool coolant from the radiator.

For more information, please visit this page.Source: Thermaltake
Add your own comment

43 Comments on Thermaltake Unveils ProWater PW880i Water Cooling System

#1
PP Mguire
I think people diss this because its thermaltake. It looks like a rather good system put together all on the outside of a substandard case put together poorly. I mean, thats the biggest rad ive seen them use.....ever. Its more than what im using now and im even using the cheap ass stock block and my cpu idles at 18c.
Posted on Reply
#2
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
HellasVagabond said:
I am talking about NEW prices, not used....Last time i checked this costs around 120-130$.

And no you cant fit memories beneath it. I couldnt fit the OCZ Blade, the Patriot Viper, CSX Diablo, Chaintech Apogee GT, Kingston T-Series. I mean they would fit but they heatsink would press on them and i dont consider that as a good thing.
vipers are the same size as the DHX corsiars and they fit fine just cause they press they aren't going to explode
Posted on Reply
#3
HellasVagabond
When the heatsink lands on the modules most likely the heat from the CPU will be transfered to them or vice versa, depending which gets hotter. That Cant be good in any case.
Posted on Reply
#4
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
HellasVagabond said:
When the heatsink lands on the modules most likely the heat from the CPU will be transfered to them or vice versa, depending which gets hotter. That Cant be good in any case.
those fins don't even get warm with a 250W load on them :p
Posted on Reply
#5
MRCL
PP Mguire said:
I think people diss this because its thermaltake.
And that has its reasons. I mean look at it. It doesn't look like fully planned out.
Posted on Reply
#6
HellasVagabond
Cdawall in any case when something lands on something else then i cant consider it good.
Plus the V10 takes so much space inside the case its too much.
Not to mention that the installation is not the easiest one around...
Posted on Reply
#7
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
HellasVagabond said:
Cdawall in any case when something lands on something else then i cant consider it good.
Plus the V10 takes so much space inside the case its too much.
Not to mention that the installation is not the easiest one around...
i guess since mine was not in a case at all i skip installation for the most part and its not any larger than the gemini II i used to run back in the day so i have nothing to really compare it to
Posted on Reply
#8
Wile E
Power User
PP Mguire said:
I think people diss this because its thermaltake. It looks like a rather good system put together all on the outside of a substandard case put together poorly. I mean, thats the biggest rad ive seen them use.....ever. Its more than what im using now and im even using the cheap ass stock block and my cpu idles at 18c.
No, I diss it because it clearly looks like cheap crap. The blocks are crap, the rad is aluminum, and crap, the distribution block looks like restrictive crap, and looking at the pics, they are still using the same pump, verified to be a complete POS.

And Thermaltake has had kits with 240mm rads for ages, even a kit with a 240mm + another 120mm rad. Even those were complete junk, and performed like total shit.

HellasVagabond said:
Cdawall in any case when something lands on something else then i cant consider it good.
Plus the V10 takes so much space inside the case its too much.
Not to mention that the installation is not the easiest one around...
Installation and case fitment of the V10 is still better than a water kit in 90% of the cases out there.
Posted on Reply
#9
tigger
I'm the only one
Thermaltake kits are crap,i agree with Wile e,go onto XS froum and say you have/are getting a thermaltake setup,and watch the flaming begin.

Aluminium rad plus copper blocks? has no one learnt by now its not a good idea to have mixed metals in your loop.I'd rather throw a bucket of water in my case to cool it,than put this in my case.
Posted on Reply
#10
HellasVagabond
Lets wait on the price tag first guys and then we can talk.

As for the V10, the fact that you cant even change the memories is way too bad for me :)
Posted on Reply
#11
WarEagleAU
Bird of Prey
was thinking the same thing Easo, but it has been clarified. Looks big and clunky but it seems to do alright. Not better than my put together water cooling rig though.
Posted on Reply
#12
PP Mguire
Wile E said:
No, I diss it because it clearly looks like cheap crap. The blocks are crap, the rad is aluminum, and crap, the distribution block looks like restrictive crap, and looking at the pics, they are still using the same pump, verified to be a complete POS.

And Thermaltake has had kits with 240mm rads for ages, even a kit with a 240mm + another 120mm rad. Even those were complete junk, and performed like total shit.



Installation and case fitment of the V10 is still better than a water kit in 90% of the cases out there.
Idc if something "looks" like crap. Thats like judging a book by its cover. My Corsair Natulus looks like shit and it has a cheap ass block, single 120 rad, pos pump and i had to redo the water flow but it keeps my 720 @ 3.8ghz at 18c idle 24c load. Im sure this could provide better cooling despite the name being TT. And i bet this still outperforms air cooling by a margin. The only problem with aluminum rads is oxidation. Pure copper rads are expensive.
Posted on Reply
#13
Wile E
Power User
PP Mguire said:
Idc if something "looks" like crap. Thats like judging a book by its cover. My Corsair Natulus looks like shit and it has a cheap ass block, single 120 rad, pos pump and i had to redo the water flow but it keeps my 720 @ 3.8ghz at 18c idle 24c load. Im sure this could provide better cooling despite the name being TT. And i bet this still outperforms air cooling by a margin. The only problem with aluminum rads is oxidation. Pure copper rads are expensive.
The point isn't whether it's better than air or not. The point is it is crappy water cooling.

And sometimes it only takes looking at something to know it's crap, especially when flow dynamics are involved. If it makes sharp bends, it's detrimental to flow, and is therefore crap.

As for the rest, they are carryovers from other kits in their line up. All previously verified to be crap, especially (and I stress this point) the pump.
Posted on Reply
#14
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
HellasVagabond said:
Lets wait on the price tag first guys and then we can talk.

As for the V10, the fact that you cant even change the memories is way too bad for me :)
i have yet to have an issue changing the ram
Posted on Reply
#15
Icejon
I like the fact that Thermaltake Uses 140mm fans. What I don't like is how they install it on the v9 case, it doesn't look like a complete unit, if a cat jumps on it all the coolant lines will break when the reservoir falls!
Posted on Reply
#16
HellasVagabond
cdawall said:
i have yet to have an issue changing the ram
You dont have an issue ? How do you change ram with a large profile heatsink on it when the V10 lands on it ? How exactly can you manage that ? Even if you unclip them you need to raise them in order to remove them. So what do you do ? Bend the heatsink of the V10 ?
I really have no idea how you can accomplish that. Unless you are talking about normal profile memories which most people dont have since the V10 is primarily at least targeted towards the enthusiast/gamer and chances are that these people use high profile ram modules.
Posted on Reply
#17
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
HellasVagabond said:
You dont have an issue ? How do you change ram with a large profile heatsink on it when the V10 lands on it ? How exactly can you manage that ? Even if you unclip them you need to raise them in order to remove them. So what do you do ? Bend the heatsink of the V10 ?
I really have no idea how you can accomplish that. Unless you are talking about normal profile memories which most people dont have since the V10 is primarily at least targeted towards the enthusiast/gamer and chances are that these people use high profile ram modules.
do i need to youtube video how to take them out my D9JNLM's pop out and you pull them out
Posted on Reply
#18
HellasVagabond
The memories you have in your screenshot are LOW PROFILE memory modules without large heatsinks. I thought i was clear when i said that you can't pull out High Profile memory modules.



Better now ? Or perhaps you can beam them out of there...
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment