Unigine 'Heaven' Benchmark 3.0 for Mac OS X
|File size:||250.3 MB|
|Downloads:||16,883 (4.0 TB)|
|Posted:||Mar 6, 2012|
|Updated:||Mar 7th, 2012|
Heaven Benchmark is a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on advanced Unigine™ engine from Unigine Corp. It reveals the enchanting magic of floating islands with a tiny village hidden in the cloudy skies.
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Simulation of changing light conditions
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
The distinguishing feature of the benchmark is hardware tessellation, a scalable technology aimed for automatic subdivision of polygons into smaller and finer pieces, so that games gain drastically detailed and more elaborated look almost free of charge in terms of performance.
There are three tessellation modes available in this version of the benchmark:
This mode is targeted to provide reasonable performance on a wide range of DX11 hardware.
Default mode available in the benchmark shows optimal quality-to-performance ratio. That's the way to achieve prominent visual difference with hardware tessellation technology.
It is designed to meet the perspectives of the next series of DX11-capable hardware pushing up the tessellation level to the extreme in the next 1-2 years.
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 2xxx and higher or NVIDIA GeForce 7xxx and higher.
Tessellation feature REQUIRES both video card with DirectX 11 support and MS Windows Vista / 7!
Changes in version 3.0
- Added Mac OS X version compatible with 10.7+ (no tessellation).
- Added support for Intel HD 3000 GPU (no tessellation).
- Improved support for multi-monitor configurations.
- Added support for NVIDIA 3D Surround (multi-monitor stereo 3D).
- Enhanced NVIDIA 3D Vision support.
- New cross-platform launcher without .NET dependencies.
- Fixed Phoronix Test Suite compatibility issue.
- Fixed minor visual artifacts.
- Improved compatibility with Mesa drivers.
- Improved detection of new GPUs.
Changes in version 2.5
- Added the Professional edition (see details below)
- Improved support of various GPUs
- Added support of indirect occlusion (SSDO) to simulate real-time global illumination
- Improved the stability during multi-hour running
- Fixed Windows GUI launcher compatibility issues
- Improved the quality of ambient occlusion
- Fixed minor content glitches
- Added a user manual
- Improved an installer for Windows
Changes in version 2.1
- Support of OpenGL 4.0, including hardware tessellation
- Added stereo 3D support in several modes:
Anaglyph, Separate images, 3D Vision, iZ3D
- Several minor optimizations
Changes in version 2.0
- Heavier tessellation load
- Several major optimizations of the engine
- Added new elaborated objects in the world
- Physics-driven flags
- Enhancements of some old assets
- Introduced "moderate" and "extreme" tessellation modes