• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
hes a member of ACORN and a instructor

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=2756

Acorn has no connection to Obama that any real new sources show in search engines.

Acorn did push the living wage issue to help the poor people that were barely living on around $5.00 an hour(with no healthcare or benefits) and had to support there families on it. Its just a group that protests to help the impoverished people of our nation from what I can gather. If they broke any laws it hasn't shown up in real media outlets yet. I can search public record online if you would like but I have a feeling you are getting bad info from corrupt sources.

Sounds like they are using smear tactics against the poor to try to make the people oppress them even more.

type Obama and ACORN in any search engine and you will get hits like crazy FOX news and MSNBC have reported on this like crazy

No thats not bad info ACORN was the reason Mccain was so mad about the first bail out bill and he shot it down because 25 percent of the returned funds were supposed to go to ACORN

example of a two minute internet search
http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NDZiMjkwMDczZWI5ODdjOWYxZTIzZGIyNzEyMjE0ODI= The national review is a large conservative newspaper from Washington DC

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/10/acorn-watch-massive-embezzlement-cover-up/ Fox news anchor

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/house-hearings-on-acorns-voter-fraud Wallstreet journal

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/07/05/obamas-acorn/

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
type Obama and ACORN in any search engine and you will get hits like crazy FOX news and MSNBC have reported on this like crazy

No thats not bad info ACORN was the reason Mccain was so mad about the first bail out bill and he shot it down because 25 percent of the returned funds were supposed to go to ACORN

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NDZiMjkwMDczZWI5ODdjOWYxZTIzZGIyNzEyMjE0ODI= The national review is a large conservative newspaper from Washington DC

I still don't understand your point - you voted Bush in and i think the whole world knows by now just how much of a corruption that was. I would love Obama to win but i just know that McCain will.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
Right now Obama is actually favored to win in the polls.

fausto412

Sure Mr. Right Winger!

Honestly, I can't see why anyone would vote for Comrade Obama. Tax cuts for people that make under $250k/year is nice, however higher teaxes for the rest is bad. Does anyone realize that it's the ones who make over $250k/year that are paying the ones who make under $250k/year? When they are taxed more they: A) stop hiring B) fire current employess (you) and C) pass on added expenses to the consumer....

I like how these right wingers always show up with these unsupported claims. You know what is supported? the fact that wealth does not trickle down. Want proof? lookup something called Reaganomics....and compare it to the last 8 years of Bush. Go find the figures on who benefited most from the 2001 Bush Tax Cuts. You'll be shocked to find out it was the already rich.

I've read all this stuff and it is common knowledge these days that trickle down economics do not work. Do a little reasearch if you want to find out for yourself.

Here is another good one...people making over 250k a year...if their taxes go up 10,000 dollars...they are still freaking rich. Me and my wife work 80 hours a week like a lot of people and we lucky to come close to 100k and we still feel broke, we still like 95% of the country one medical tragedy away from financial disaster...and we have insurance! Think about all the families living on 50 g's a year...think they own a house? a house has been the path to the american middle class and the growth of wealth in this nation.

man i can keep typing forever on this stuff but you right wingers need to wake up and smell the flowers. do some freaking research.

And no i will not provide you any links to facts or anything....i have found that to be a waste of my time.

ps. quit watching fox news.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Right now Obama is actually favored to win in the polls.

and you said he had no connection most likely you didn't even look. Thats fine if thats what Ameicans want a Racist, Leftist ,Bigot, who hangs out with known terrorist and thinks we have 58 states thats fine , only in America.

Last edited:
System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/10/acorn-watch-massive-embezzlement-cover-up/

Those two news sources are not known to be accurate. And neither is Fox News. Fox News gets talking points from the White House. Our former White House press secretary admitted to it. He even wrote a book about it. :ohwell:

Michelle Malkin? Propaganda from the American Heritage Foundation.

National review is like the National Enquirer, it doesn't even make calls to fact check. ~propaganda

fausto412

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/10/acorn-watch-massive-embezzlement-cover-up/

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/house-hearings-on-acorns-voter-fraud

The problem with news today is that you have right wing and left wing media. so people read what they already lean to...it's impossible for people to wake up when they are bombarded with lies. hence 15% of the country thinks Obama is a Muslim...and some people think he has tangible ties to William Rezko when that has not been proven. i mean they repeat stuff they can't prove as if it's true and eventually people forget that it wasn't true to begin with. they have a name for that, it's called a smear.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
The problem with news today is that you have right wing and left wing media. so people read what they already lean to...it's impossible for people to wake up when they are bombarded with lies. hence 15% of the country thinks Obama is a Muslim...and some people think he has tangible ties to William Rezko when that has not been proven. i mean they repeat stuff they can't prove as if it's true and eventually people forget that it wasn't true to begin with. they have a name for that, it's called a smear.

or in the UK its called Slander - and its illegal.

fausto412

I still don't understand your point - you voted Bush in and i think the whole world knows by now just how much of a corruption that was. I would love Obama to win but i just know that McCain will.

i think anyone who voted for bush and can't see what mccain and his positions represent to america for the next 4 years...should be shot. no more proof that a person is brain dead than falling for and voting for basicly the same propaganda and dirty political tactics as they did in 2000 and 2004.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Those two news sources are not known to be accurate. And neither is Fox News. Fox News gets talking points from the White House. Our former White House press secretary admitted to it. He even wrote a book about it. :ohwell:

Michelle Malkin? Propaganda from the American Heritage Foundation.

National review is like the National Enquirer, it doesn't even make calls to fact check. ~propaganda

and CNN is better your kidding me and the National review is not anything like the National Enquier it would be more like the New Yorker is to liberals. How about the Wallstreet Journal they aren't legit?

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
and CNN is better your kidding me

All media takes actual news and makes it its own. It happens EVERYWHERE in EVERY SINGLE Media outlet. No news is trustworthy - only when you get them all saying the same thing do you know that there may just be some truth behind it.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
All Obama is going to do is make the US have the improvements that countries like the UK, France have been benefiting from for years.

There is a reason why the UK have the highest rated healthcare systems in the world.

Even India is better in some respects in healthcare. Just ask btarunr.

Odin Eidolon

Processor e6300 @ 3000, stock Volts
Motherboard msi p35 neo2-FIR
Cooling HDT-1283
Memory 2gb tracers 1066 micron d9GMH, cooled by a modded CoolIt Memory Cooler
Video Card(s) HIS 4850 ICEQ4
Storage WD Caviar 16 320gb WDAAKS + 640gb WDAAKS
Case CM RC-690 sligthly modded
Power Supply Bequiet darkpower PRO 850W (say overkill? :D)
Software kubuntu 8.10 + Windows XP, soon Windows 7 too
and you said he had no connection most likely you didn't even look. Thats fine if thats what ameican wants a Racist, Leftist ,Bigot, who hangs out with known terrorist and thinks we have 58 states thats fine , only in America.

Obama? Terrorists? Oh you made me remember that BUSH offered an airplane to run away from USA to Bin Laden's relatives on 9/11/2001. FACT.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
i think anyone who voted for bush and can't see what mccain and his positions represent to america for the next 4 years...should be shot. no more proof that a person is brain dead than falling for and voting for basicly the same propaganda and dirty political tactics as they did in 2000 and 2004.

Thats American? and your an Obama supporter Wow!!! Also for the record I don't like Mccain, hes not my first choice.

Last edited:
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Obama? Terrorists? Oh you made me remember that BUSH offered an airplane to run away from USA to Bin Laden's relatives on 9/11/2001. FACT.

un no thats was the Saudi Royal family not a fact and Bin Ladins relatives who are Ameicans and own a construction company on the east cost.

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Thats Ameican and your an Obama supporter wow!!! Also for the record I don't like Mccain, hes not my first choice.

Serious question then - who would/will you vote for? That actually intrigues me, I thought you were McCain all the way, damn assumptions!

Don't worry if you don't want to post though.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
and CNN is better your kidding me and the National review is not anything like the National Enquier it would be more like the New Yorker is to liberals. How about the Wallstreet Journal they aren't legit?

Wallstreet Journal is owned and operated under News Corp. Which is owned by an Australian by the name of Rupert Murdoch. Do research on Rupert Murdoch and his views and you will see what I am talking about. Wallstreet journal was great until Murdoch bought it many years ago.

I used to read wallstreet journal all the time until Rupert bought it. I loved the annual wine guide. :(

I research economics and politics alot more than computers.

Psyon

Processor Intel C2D E6550 @ 3,50Ghz (500*7) @ 1,294V
Motherboard Gigabyte P35DS3
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500
Memory 6GB OCZ Reaper 1000/1066Mhz @ 1000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 7900 GS @ GT
Storage 2x Samsung HD501LJ 500GB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 250GB
Display(s) 19" CRT Samsung Syncmaster 957DF
Case noname Miditower
Audio Device(s) Soudblaster X-FI Audio
Power Supply beQuiet! StraightPower BQT-E5 450W
Software Windows Vista x64 Business
Even if there were connections between Obama and ACORN (I don't say there is)... Your current president ist propagating creationism and there is a huge lobby around that. Isn't that as radical as acorn? And even much dumper?

Odin Eidolon

Cooling HDT-1283
All Obama is going to do is make the US have the improvements that countries like the UK, France have been benefiting from for years.

There is a reason why the UK have the highest rated healthcare systems in the world.

Even India is better in some respects in healthcare. Just ask btarunr.

UK hasnt the best healthcare system in the world. First is France, Italy second and i think Germany third. but thats not the point. Simply the non-public healthcare system you have in America is crap, and you know that. HClinton's attempt to make it public failed. The insurance company have too much power in the US

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
UK hasnt the best healthcare system in the world. First is France, Italy second and i think Germany third. but thats not the point. Simply the non-public healthcare system you have in America is crap, and you know that. HClinton's attempt to make it public failed. The insurance company have too much power in the US

this is true - it isn't great but at least its free (relatively anyway)

The USA - supposedly the only superpower in the world, needs a decent national health care.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech

Sorry, I forgot it was france. :laugh:

this is true - it isn't great but at least its free (relatively anyway)

The USA - supposedly the only superpower in the world, needs a decent national health care.

My recent Surgery has cost me enough for you to buy two cars in the UK. And thats after insurance covered 70%. Isn't that excessive. I was only in the hospital for 5 days.

Odin Eidolon

Cooling HDT-1283
un no thats was the Saudi Royal family not a fact and Bin ladins relatives who are ameican and own a construction company on the east cost.

oh right, it could have been Saudi Royal Family, you could be right. Still, at that time they were involved in terrorism as much as Binladen, and financed lots terrorist organization.

some not all but some of you guys are trying to turn this into a communism vs democracy thread dont let it get off topic

left wing is not all communism, labour in the UK is not communist, liberal democrats are not communist

and it is true that right wingers in America are very nationalistic but that dosnt mean that all of the republicans are fascists lol

from an outsiders point of view the republicans f'kd up royal style and dont look like they can run the country as well as the democrats at this time

as i said before your not just voting for left or right wing or a personality
its a whole administration who runs the country, so vote by who you think will be able to run the country best

who has the best policies that will help your country get through this trouble

as it stands due to there only being 2 big party in the US the democrats and republicans are themselves split into different factions

for me in the UK at the time years ago Labour looked good but now neither Conservatives or Labour look good to me, or the SNP in Scotland, Plaid Cymru are good but im no welsh

might have to vote for the individual who i want to run my constituency rather than overall who i like best

Status
Not open for further replies.