• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte RMA Problems. I will no longer recommend them!!!

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
My issues? Just read bellow. This has been the absolute WORST experience I've ever encountered in regards to computers. I will no longer buy or recommend a Gigabyte product ever again. I will also post this experience on News Groups and Forums so that people may judge for themselves whether to ever buy into Gigabyte.

I want my money back or I want a complete replacement with a different model number motherboard based on the SB750 chipset. Plain and Simple. I've had enough

----------- READ BELLOW ----------

Question - 666812
Sent : 10/11/2008 02:15
Question : This was my first time I've ever purchased a Gigabyte product and it will be my LAST TIME.

It's been 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever since I've purchased this particular Gigabyte motherboard, I've had problems from day one. I've requested for a bios update to resolve several issues with this motherboard and Gigabyte failed to deliver. Finally when you do release a bios update F6B it's not only 3 months old, but it now made my system 100% worst than ever.
System hangs consistently, freezes for 3 to 5 seconds consistently over and over again in a matter of minutes at a time. There are just too many problems to list with this ridiculous motherboard.

I've updated to the latest bios off the Gigabyte website. Now my system is completely unstable and won't boot into Windows anymore. I've tried every possible technique to get Windows to load, with no luck. I also cannot save bios settings anymore for some reason, system just hangs.

I repair and build computers as a hobby and have "considerable experience" in this field. I only ask one thing, and that is to take this piece of junk I've purchased for an $expensive$ premium and replace it with a completely "NEW" sealed in a BOX SB750 based AM2+ motherboard with at least Crossfire X (GA-MA790GP-DS4H).

I've had enough with Gigabyte and with this motherboard. I don't want it fixed, I don't want it replaced, I just want my money back and/or a replacement with the above noted model motherboard. I will also be very happy to to right back to buying Asus and to pick up an Asus AM2+ based motherboard seeing I've never had a problem with Asus before.

I don't want technical advice; I've already gotten enough of it off News Groups and Forums. I am not the only person having "MAJOR" issues with this particular motherboard.

I've tolerated this nonsense ever since I purchased this motherboard several months ago. Now I've had enough.

This was my first ever purchase of a Gigabyte product, I really don't want it to be my last.

Thank you for your time and fortitude,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-MA790FX-DQ6
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F5
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer : NCIX.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : ATi Model : HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
CPU Brand : AMD Model : Phenom X4 9850 Speed : 2.50 GHz
Operation System : Vista 64-bit SP :
Memory Brand : Type : DDRII
Memory Size : 8GB Speed : DDR2-1066
Power Supply : 750 W

Answer - 666812
Answer : Examine all your components and attempt to test with just the bare minimal installed
- cpu along with heatsinkfan
- single stick of memory
- videocard
- single hdd and optical drive

Are there any issue when operating with these components installed?
We only offer manufacture warranty service here, if you feel the board is the issue you may send in to us for further examination, any refunds will need to be through your vendor where it was purchased from.

Question - 667853
Sent : 10/14/2008 09:18
Question : I already tried everything you suggested along with many more techniques. Like I've mentioned in my previous question, I am extremely fluent in computer technology. This particular motherboard is defective by design IMO. A bios update may resolve the issues I'm experiencing, but Gigabyte has an "Extremely" bad habit with taking ages to release bios updates for there products. It's bad enough you guys released a bios update which made my system even worst.

The vender told me Gigabyte should be releasing newer BIOS UPDATES to resolve early issues with new motherboards released, so this was my main reason why I did not take back the motherboard and so far Gigabyte has not delivered. If I new Gigabyte had problems releasing adequate bios updates for there products consistently, I would never have purchased this Gigabyte product.

Gigabyte Failed Miserably.

Anyway just like I've predicted, Gigabyte tech support is no help, I will have to take matters into my own hands and sell this junk to somebody that wants it.

I will be relaying my BAD Gigabyte experience in more than 2,500 News Groups and Technology/PC Forums and let people be the judge.

Answer - 667853
Answer : Please note that bios is not something which you can release it a day or two, it will takes weeks or months to complete the test before being able to release it. We can assist
in warranty service, but any replacement for an different model cannot be done. Please contact our service department to provide you with more details and assistant regarding your request. You can email them at ( services@gigabyte-usa.com )

Sent : 10/15/2008 05:51
Question : Thanks for your reply.

I've used Asus motherboards in the past. Asus consistently released new Bios updates in a matter of weeks/months and they continue this strong customer trend.

This was my first time I've purchased a Gigabyte product. No offence to you or anybody at Gigabyte, but I've been having problems ever since I purchased this Gigabyte motherboard.

No problem, it's a revision 1.0 based motherboard. Problems are expected, just like other new motherboards from other companies. But waiting for 5+ months for a bios update from Gigabyte is a ridiculous time frame especially when you eventually release a bios update (2 months old) and it solves absolutely nothing but more problems.

Bios updates are 100% VITAL regardless. I really think Gigabyte needs to step it up a notch and release them in a much faster pace.

I've compared an equivalent Asus based motherboard with this Gigabyte motherboard I've purchased. Both have been released about the same time. Asus has been consistently updating the bios every 1 to 3 months and just in the last 3 months (June, July & August) they've released a new bios update every month in a row. These bios updates offered many features and solved many issues. This level of service is a must.

I feel Gigabyte let me down very much which unfortunately forced me to never purchase a product that has the Gigabyte LOGO on it.

ASUS BIOS UPDATES IN A ROW: Just look how much effort Asus puts into there Bios Updates, from supporting newer CPU's to Enhancing memory compatibility etc. they have it all. Why can't Gigabyte give this level of service?
-----------------------------
M3A-MVP DELUXE BIOS
Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
File Size
802.64 (KBytes) 2007/11/27 update
---------------------------------------
M3A32-MVP Deluxe BIOS 0801
1. Enable support for SLP2.0
2. Fix "Cache Mapping Cycle" item disable function fail issue.
3. Fix system failed to install Vista 64bit and Vista 32bit issue when SATA port has been set to AHCI mode
4. Add new option: "Processor-NB Frequency Multiplier"
5. Add onboard wifi control item. (For WiFi-AP model only)
6. Add AM2+ cpu down core support.
7. Fix PC probe II power fan show 0 rpm issue.
File Size
781.92 (KBytes) 2008/01/03 update
-----------------------------------------
BIOS 1002
1. Enhance WiFi device performance.
2. Fix "ESC" does not work when Quick Boot function is disabled in BIOS.
3. Fix CPU setup may show error message when using certain B3 stepping Phenom CPU.
File Size
787.42 (KBytes) 2008/03/27 update
-------------------------------------------------
1102 BIOS
1.Resolve CrashFree function fail issue.
2.Support wake up system from S1/S3/S4/S5 by external modern.
3.Support new CPUs, please refer to our CPU support list for more details: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx.
File Size
786.96 (KBytes) 2008/06/16 update
-------------------------------------------------
1202 BIOS for M3A32-MVP Deluxe/Wifi-AP
1.Enhance memory compatibility.
2.Down speed from 1066 to 800Mhz if there are two 1066 dimm in one channel.
File Size
787.13 (KBytes) 2008/07/22 update
------------------------------------------------
1203 BIOS for M3A32-MVP Deluxe
1.Enhance system stability when using AMD 5400+ CPU and DDR2 800Mhz memory.
2.Resolve C1E function failure problem.
3.Resolve incorrect DRAM frequency value is shown in AI-Suite.
File Size
788.69 (KBytes) 2008/08/19 update

I feel I've gotten ripped off Big Time. I should have never went with Gigabyte, should have stuck with Asus.
If you can replace my motherboard with a completely different model, then this piece of junk is going onto e-Bay for sale. Plain and Simple. I've had enough BS.

And once again, I've started to relay my experience on News Groups and Forums.
Have a good Day.

W

wolf2009

WOW, you really stuck it to them.

Hope they give you a replacement

EDIT : LOL again. Did they send you another email after that one ?

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
If thats their 'support' then I will never mess with Gigabutt. Sounds like they aren't will to try to help, just replace the board with them or take it back to the place of purchase for a refund.

I dont expect Gigabutt will provide a refund, but they should offer more than another email address to rma with.

ascstinger

System Name F34R T3H 0R4NG3
Processor AMD Phenom II 945
Motherboard DFI DK 790gx LP JR
Cooling Scythe Mugen II
Memory G.SKILL Trident 4GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX260 Core216 55nm
Storage Western Digital 80gb Vraptor
Display(s) Westinghouse 19" LCD
Case Antec Mini P180 Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard :/
Power Supply Antec Signature Series 650w
Software Vista x64 SP2
dfi kept shipping my board back that had power problems until a vrm vaporized itself :p

aximbigfan

System Name QUAD1
Processor Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T SE
Cooling XIGMATEK HDT-S963
Memory OCZ 3 X 1GB Triple Channel
Video Card(s) HIS Radeon HD4670 IceQ
Storage Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA
Display(s) Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD
Case CM Storm Scout
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 520 Watt
Software Windows XP Pro
This may make me a new enemy, but I declare failure on your part. That is not how you talk to a CSR.

Restart with a new CSR, and talk in a polite, but firm manor. Make sure your message to them is spell checked, grammar is correct, and avoid anything that looks trashy.

Make sure you don't come off as being an arrogant prick. (NOT saying you are)

With this method, I have achieved success, for the most part.

Chris

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
Deja Vu.. Same thing happened to me awile ago. I seriously loath them now.

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Motherboard ASRock z68 pro3-m
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory Kingston HyperX 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600mhz
Storage OCZ Agility3 60GB(boot) 2x320GB Raid0(storage)
Display(s) Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling 750w
Software Win 7 x64
I've had 2gigabyte boards in my time, The first one worked flawlessly, The second one not the same story. I don't think ill buy from them again. Problems do happen but that's no excuse for bad support.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
I've had decent and crap from Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, Abit, etc...they all have win/lose situations, but generally I've been more lucky then not....my worst experience was by and far ASUS...but look, I'm currently running on an Asus board, probably the best MB I've ever owned.

Unfortunately tho, it seems newer hardware seems to have lower standards or breaks easier than the old-school stuff...I still have an Abit AS8-V that works flawlessly, with vdroop mod, hell that thing was a beast back when...if you OC'd too far, it'd beep, and go into bios...you do that on a modern bios it's a 50/50 crapshoot that it might not post or it might reset itself....ya never know for sure. I think product quality and support could be improved across the board imo (no pun intended).

Sorry for your issues man...that really sucks. I've been there tho, and many companies follow similar lines of procedure unfortunately...

i have had 2 dfi mobo's(not counting rma's). will never buy another one. first one came with the corner of the mobo bent behind it...WTF.

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
That's strange. I've always had very good luck with Gigabyte. I've had to RMA 2 boards to them, they promptly sent me new ones. Hmmmmm...... not good on their end :confused:

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
tell them to refund your money in full and your going to go get a board THAT WORKS from one of their competitors.

System Name The W.O.P.R.
Processor Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz 1.24 vcore
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Xigmatek S1283 with push\pull fan configuration.
Memory 6GB Mushkin DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20
Video Card(s) 2 - ASUS EAH5850 CrossfireX
Storage 1TB WD Black
Display(s) I-INC 28" 1920x1200 HDMI
Case Ultra M998
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Well, I have a Gigabyte board, and I do agree, there bios updates are far and few between.
I have a E8500 E0 stepping that I can't use yet because so far they only have a beta bios available, since September no less.

I also had a Galaxy II water cooling kit take a crap on me, the pump died. But I have been hesitant to get a rma because of the notoriously bad service.

Check out what the BBB has to say about them (this may be my last Gigabyte product)
http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=13136347

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Just tell your going to kick their asses. That always works :nutkick:

Disclaimer:
TPU does not in anyway approve the kicking of anyones ass at any time. :laugh:

System Name UltraPC
Processor E8500 Core 2 Duo, 1333Mhz FSB, 3.16Ghz @ 4.5GHz (got into Windows @ 4.75GHz)
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
Cooling CPU Cooler - TT V14 Pro, 2x120mm CM Blue LED fans, 1x90mm CM Blue LED fan
Memory G.Skill Pi 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR2 PC8000 (1000MHz), 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 512mb with ASUS EAH4850 BIOS
Storage 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 Raid 0
Display(s) Acer AL1912, 19" LCD screen
Case Thermaltake Soprano Black ATX case
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1, Speakers - 5 + Sub + Monitor speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake 850W Toughpower Cable Management - Quad (2x18A and 2x30A) 12V rails
Software Win 7 Pro x64, MSN, CS:Source, etc etc
Hmm I have never had a problem with GB or their support.

The last experience I had with them was when I installed a CPU and a bin bent. I didnt realise of course (LGA775) and the motherboard fried. Took it back to the store I bought from, they tried to tell me it was my fault the pin bent and they couldnt do anything. I told them to at least "try" and take it to GB and see what they can do.

They did this, and GB sent me a b/new board :)

On the same board I had a BIOS problem with the RAM mutli. Within 2 weeks of having the board, a new BIOS was released with the fix.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
No matter who your talking to, HP, Asus, Gigabyte, or whatever, it just depends if you get an Asshole of a dude or a nice, helpfull one.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I don't remember which P45 Gigabyte board it was but it was very picky with RAM and would freeze no matter what you were doing (memtest96, install windows, BIOS, etc.) a few seconds after boot. The only way to fix it was to update the BIOS but, not to the newest. F7 are more stable than what it shipped with but it would only run stable with F6. It's a good board once you get it working but it takes lot of messing around. I don't think I would buy Gigabyte again after that.

I've only had to deal with MSI tech support and they are excellent.

Check out what the BBB has to say about them (this may be my last Gigabyte product)
http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=13136347
F!?! :eek:

MSI has an F rating too though which I wholly disagree.

Last edited:
This is why i use intel boards...you may get a few poorly executed "value added features" in a third party component... but its not difficult to see the value in intel when issues arise.

Stephen

System Name Kubuntu Computer
Processor AMD Athlon 64 LE-1620 2.4 GHz
Motherboard Asus M2N-MX SE Plus
Memory 2 GB Patriot Signature Line DDR2 800 MHz
Video Card(s) Onboard GeForce 6100
Storage 160 GB Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) Some piece of crap DiamondDigital 17" crt
Case Asus TM-220
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 300w stock
Software Kubuntu 8.10
I've been planning on buying a Gigabyte motherboard when I build my first computer soon and I'm still going to buy it because of the good reviews I've found (it's the GA-M61PME S2).

Yeah it sounds like their tech support is crap but whenever I email any support I always try to make my first message as mature and polite as I can, then get down to earth.

Sorry but the AMD platform boards fail to deliver in the first place so I wouldnt be surprised :rolleyes:.

I think its the same story with every other company out there, DO YOUR RESEARCH before you purcahse any product. Their Intel boards are fine though (most of the time).

And btw I'd take a GA P45 DS3P/UD3P at most, anything higher end has a poorly designed cooling system/useless extras. Not saying that they're bad boards though. I want a GA P45 UD3P :(...

Last edited:

stanhemi

System Name CRUNSHING MINI FARM
Processor Q9550 C1(lapped)@4105mhz 1,38vcore/Q6600 G0 @3010mhz 1,24vcore
Motherboard P5Q-E 8.5 x 483 fsb/P5QPL-AM 9x334fsb
Cooling watercooled storm,mcw60,2x240mm,micro res rev2,laing ddc3.2/Xig s1283(lapped)
Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2X2G 1066MHZ@965-mhz 5-4-5-15/kingston kvr800mhz 2x1g
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRRE 4870 1G @850/1020/ati x1950 pro
Storage RAID0 2X RAPTOR 74gb/wd 250g
Display(s) 22'' LCD 1680x1050/lg 17" 1280x1024
Case Antec 900 white inside/crappy white case
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard
Power Supply ocz 700 watt mod xstream pro/enermax noiseblocker 485 watt
Software Windows 7 x64/vista 32
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06 18950
same problem whit asus board 3 time in a row.for me asus it finish but i dont says asus are crap for that.but the CSR are just a bunch of ass....

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I've been planning on buying a Gigabyte motherboard when I build my first computer soon and I'm still going to buy it because of the good reviews I've found (it's the GA-M61PME S2).
I would advise against that. It is so not worth the two weeks of memory RMA's just because Gigabyte can't author stable BIOS.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Super XP Chill out!

My issues? Just read bellow. This has been the absolute WORST experience I've ever encountered in regards to computers. I will no longer buy or recommend a Gigabyte product ever again. I will also post this experience on News Groups and Forums so that people may judge for themselves whether to ever buy into Gigabyte.

I want my money back or I want a complete replacement with a different model number motherboard based on the SB750 chipset. Plain and Simple. I've had enough

----------- READ BELLOW ----------

dude you really jumped the gun on this issue, if your having so many problems request a replacement. If you become nasty with the Customer Service they will refuse to help you, that applies anywhere, you can always call and ask to talk to the top tech there.

But first of all Try the RMA then if that doesnt help any i have plenty of boards to recommend

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1004226&postcount=4544

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I've had no problems with Gigabyte staff. I've in fact had great experience in dealing with their staff at the Hyderabad service centre. I'd sent a problematic P35-DS3R. I had it back to me, serviced, in fresh packaging..along with of course...product catalogues, etc. I recommend gigabyte.

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
dumm , my gigabyte mobo have a problem too i want to contact them today , i hope not get same answer