• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is true. I have this email at work that I sent to my sister and some friends there. Im gonna send it to my personal account and upload the audio file on here if I can. Its from the howard stern show. Larry or whatever went out and asked folks in harlem about Obama. They said his name, gave McCain and Bush policies and mentioned his running mate as Sarah Palin. THey all liked his policies.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I would have to agree strongly with most of what you wrote, however, the most wanted terrorist on the planet is exceptionally well educated and wealthy :p

Yes and over 95% of his followers are uneducated.

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.

Nkd

I have always voted republican in the last two elections, I am 25, and it is true that I will be voting for Obama, you know why? because I am tired of people telling me that this guy is a terrorist and this guy is a muslim, or he his father dumped his wife. I am sure we have all been around people that are simply stupid and say stupid things and have radical views, does that define me as a person, hell no.

enough with this muslim thing, I have lost faith in the republican party, and their scare tactics. I just hope that some wing nut does not try to do the same to Obama that was done to JFK, and the last few campaign rallies of MCcain have only put more fire in to the hate that some people have.

One thing I do like about Obama is that this guy is pretty damn smart and that is what we need right now, a smart man running this country. I liked bush so I voted for him, but never again I would vote for someone just because of my personal feelings for the person, if that was the case I would vote for McCain, but I just don't think that he can be a stable president, he has been all over the place this election season, and Obama has shown nothing but pure steadiness, leadership and his calm behavior is certainly admirable.

the issues are most important to me, and I am glad I have learned from my mistake, the economy has hit our business pretty hard.

Nkd

if someone relies just on fox news for their political news than they are basically watching what they believe to be true, and nothing else matters, they are pure entertainment.

I have always voted republican in the last two elections, I am 25, and it is true that I will be voting for Obama, you know why? because I am tired of people telling me that this guy is a terrorist and this guy is a muslim, or he his father dumped his wife. I am sure we have all been around people that are simply stupid and say stupid things and have radical views, does that define me as a person, hell no.[/Um, the Secret quote]
Ok, so, that's a great reason to vote obama. It's all made up, eh? So the fact that Ayres IS an unrepentant terrorist, and obama claims that he "didn't know"? BULLSHIT - I grew up in chicago. Born in 1962. I knew what the WEATHER UNDERGROUND was, and I knew what ayres did when he was arrested, and I learned about it in school and in the paper...
enough with this muslim thing, I have lost faith in the republican party, and their scare tactics. I just hope that some wing nut does not try to do the same to Obama that was done to JFK, and the last few campaign rallies of MCcain have only put more fire in to the hate that some people have.
Um, well, the secret service has come out and said that all these allegation of people saying crap at Palin and McCain visits is just manufactured bull shit... they NEVER heard any such stuff"
One thing I do like about Obama is that this guy is pretty damn smart and that is what we need right now, a smart man running this country. I liked bush so I voted for him, but never again I would vote for someone just because of my personal feelings for the person, if that was the case I would vote for McCain, but I just don't think that he can be a stable president, he has been all over the place this election season, and Obama has shown nothing but pure steadiness, leadership and his calm behavior is certainly admirable.

the issues are most important to me, and I am glad I have learned from my mistake, the economy has hit our business pretty hard.
Let us see... he sat in a church listening to a racist pastor for 20 years, and has given us 6 different stories.... Same with Ayres... Yeah, that's HONEST. And Admirable too! The media has made mccain be "all over the place".

But now that the last debate is over, they issue is 'THE ECONOMY!' And Obama won't fix it. He'll tax us to death to transfer wealth... "spreading it around is a good thing" he says... BULLSHIT. If you earn it, it's yours. Taxes should be fair. If you drive on the road, and I drive on the road, we pay the same for the road... I don't pay MORE just because I made an extra 1000 dollars...

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
One thing I do like about Obama is that this guy is pretty damn smart and that is what we need right now, a smart man running this country.
I have yet to see that. Remember, it was Obama that got his ass whooped by McCain in the first debate over preconditions. Obama looks quite stupid on anything not scripted. He's book smart, not street smart. The stuff of Presidency's is great stuff for books; however, the reverse is rarely true. JFK wrote the book on how to deal with Soviet Russia. FDR wrote the book on how to end a deep depression (the answer was not to raise taxes on anyone by the way). George W. H. Bush wrote the book on how to fight a modern war. Clinton wrote the book on how to have an affair and get away with it. George H. Bush wrote the book on how to prevent a terrorist attack from causing a deep recession.

There are a lot of indicators that we have hit the bottom of the sub-prime mortgage collapse and that we are on the rebound for the next 8 months. We have to look beyond the here and now at what challenges are likely to face us in the next four years.

Last edited:
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
if someone relies just on fox news for their political news than they are basically watching what they believe to be true, and nothing else matters, they are pure entertainment.

CNN, MSNBC, ABC,COM Central, you forgot a few.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I have yet to see that. Remember, it was Obama that got his ass whooped by McCain in the first debate over preconditions. Obama looks quite stupid on anything not scripted. He's book smart, not street smart. The stuff of Presidency's is great stuff for books; however, the reverse is rarely true. JFK wrote the book on how to deal with Soviet Russia. FDR wrote the book on how to end a deep depression (the answer was not to raise taxes on anyone by the way). George W. H. Bush wrote the book on how to fight a modern war. Clinton wrote the book on how to have an affair and get away with it. George H. Bush wrote the book on how to prevent a terrorist attack from causing a deep recession.

There are a lot of indicators that we have hit the bottom of the sub-prime mortgage collapse and that we are on the rebound for the next 8 months. We have to look beyond the here and now at what challenges are likely to face us in the next four years.

Lol, but it was recognised that obama won that debate overall, just goes to show, when McCain has the upper hand.....he cant deliver the killer blow! :D Contrary to you, I, being un-biased can clearly see, that Obama is a million miles more advanced intellectually than McCain, he has won these 3 "Head to heads" not on slur tactics, but intelligence and some substance to back up his policies......in contrast, McCain has struggled to deliver and substantiate anything with great impact......lets face it, Obama was under estimated, once the Republicans discovered they were getting a beating, it was too late to re-direct their whole campaign and manifesto, so they had no choice but to personally attack Obama, where I come from thats the mark of someone already beaten.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Graduating 5th from the bottom of a class of 700+ is usually a good hint that perhaps McCain isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

What position did Einstein graduate in?

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
What position did Einstein graduate in?

He went to too many schools to really use that as a benchmark in this case, socially things were very different then, however he had earned his first degree by the age of 21 (1900).

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Lol, but it was recognised that obama won that debate overall
According to the liberal media. We judge success of debates in the state-by-state polls in the days after the debate. In those polls, we specifically look for a "bounce." That is, polls after the debate change significantly from before the debate. By that criteria, the first two debates were not "won" by either candidate. We might have results on who "won" the third debate sometime today.

Contrary to you, I, being un-biased can clearly see, that Obama is a million miles more advanced intellectually than McCain
Intellect has little to do with being a great leader. The most intelligent people are recluse. In fact, I'd argue a genius in any form of politics is a bad thing. They read into things too much and have difficulty communicating with the masses. That's why a genius has yet to hold a public office. :p

he has won these 3 "Head to heads" not on slur tactics, but intelligence and some substance to back up his policies
Eh? He just stuck to what his advisers told him to do: talk about bush, talk about healthcare, talk about the economy, and if the question isn't on those subjects, spin the conversation to them.

in contrast, McCain has struggled to deliver and substantiate anything with great impact
Well, no. Obviously he didn't proclaim he's gay or something that would have a large impact. The thing he said with the most impact is that he would issue a spending freeze on the federal government in order to work towards balancing the budget. He also proposed buying up mortgages and renegotiating them at the second debate. Both had a rather tremendous impact because they were both new ideas.

so they had no choice but to personally attack Obama, where I come from thats the mark of someone already beaten.
They never attacked him personally (at least the McCain campaign didn't). What they did do is question some rather dark affiliations like Ayres and ACORN. I'm glad McCain brought up Ayres in that last debate and Obama effectively ended it. I was sick of hearing about it anyway so I'm glad that one is done for. There is still a lot of questions about Obama's connections to ACORN though.

Last edited:
System Name In the works
Processor 4670k
Motherboard ASUS Z87
Cooling 5x120mm
Memory 8GB Sniper Gskill 1833
Video Card(s) MSI 970 Gaming
Storage 2x 240gb SSD's + 1TB seagate
Display(s) 27" Acer 1920x1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply OCZ Power 600W Modular
Keyboard Corsait K70 with red switches
Software Win10
Lol, I am pretty sure, 10,000,000 people out there could write something fairly similar and equally damming about McCain and many other politicians, I like this logic many of you use, the way I read it (non American and un-biased) if let's say for this example, a Republican supporter wrote it.......

"Let's ignore the fact our candidate is a total buffoon who appears to have no idea's, certainly no carisma, who's policies appear to give more of what you have had for the last 8 years (and thats not a lot from where I am watching), so lets not even mention politics because our guy quite frankly is totally hopeless, hopefully noone will notice if we dont talk politics that we dont know politics, then we can concentrate on the oppositions family, religion, empoyment and whatever else is irrelivent to the sound running of a GREAT country such as yours, lets employ some no hope "has been" instead, hey because he also goes to church.....ohhhh the right Church, with the right family members and yes, once upon a time he even had a job!"

Those comments were not aimed at you specifically, it just seems that many Americans generally dont care about who is the best person to lead their great country, they are more concerned about who someone had a beer with last year and whether his Grandmother went to Church on Wednesdays......thats clearly evident from the guy you voted in the last two times!.............................Please forgive the rant, as I said in a previous post, by nature I have always tended to lean toward the Republic camps.....but people, please, if you cant do any better than GWB and this guy....stay at home!

Ohhhhh and by the way, I too am 48, not sure if I am as intelligent as your Dad as I dont know him, I certainly am not as skilled as he! I always wanted to be a PIlot, became a soldier/officer instead......I liked to see "the white's of their eyes"!

Good reply, Its half way intelligent, And not flaming. Some people here think im trying to say one candidate is better than the other... Im simply just sharing some info i came across, From a person who has never voted his entire life until this election. My family does not have strong political roots(wasn't saying i did). But hell were voting for who is going to help us (So we think) And honestly i don't think one candidate is better than the other. I think that there simply going to run us aground either way.

System Name In the works
Processor 4670k
Motherboard ASUS Z87
Cooling 5x120mm
Memory 8GB Sniper Gskill 1833
Video Card(s) MSI 970 Gaming
Storage 2x 240gb SSD's + 1TB seagate
Display(s) 27" Acer 1920x1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply OCZ Power 600W Modular
Keyboard Corsait K70 with red switches
Software Win10
Your father may be a cool guy, but all I could think of when I was reading that was this (that I've posted before):

It's the same old fear-mongering, by the sounds of it.

Also, emails with all caps are not cool.

EDIT: And being a pilot doesn't make you an expert on geo-political theory, last time I checked. :shadedshu

Read the reply ^^^

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
yeah...
it's a cult of personality... sorty like the one we have growing in the usa...

"o-bham-a....O-bham-a"

Yeah... about that... do you simply not understand what it means to be hypocritical, or do you simply not care anymore?

Attachments

• cultjd9-1.gif
    cultjd9-1.gif
    78.7 KB · Views: 677
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Good reply, Its half way intelligent, And not flaming. Some people here think im trying to say one candidate is better than the other... Im simply just sharing some info i came across, From a person who has never voted his entire life until this election. My family does not have strong political roots(wasn't saying i did). But hell were voting for who is going to help us (So we think) And honestly i don't think one candidate is better than the other. I think that there simply going to run us aground either way.

Read the reply ^^^

If this info is from "someone who has never voted his entire life until this election," I think it's safe to ignore, don't you think?

The whole point of the email you posted was "judging someone based upon their experience," wasn't it? "Why would I trust a pilot who's never flown a plane," and all that. Well, why would I take political advice from someone who's never voted? :confused:

And if you truly "don't think one candidate is better than the other" then stop sounding like the typical right-wing nutcase who's bashing Obama because of the mythical Muslim/Black-power connections -- it's getting old.

Take my example -- I've said good and bad things about both American candidates in this discussion.

I challenge you to say something good about Obama, just to ensure that you're being impartial. Are you up to it?

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
http://www.barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options

You might be farther from his position than you think....
Read the questions carefully - some of them are not phrased in the most clear way.

i agree the grammar isn't very good at all - however:

"You AGREED with the Barack Obama position on 31 of the 48 test questions. This means you agree with the Obama position 65% of the time"

Is there a similar test i can take for McCain?

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Processor Intel I7 4820k EK Supremacy Nickel Waterblock
Motherboard Asus Rasmpage IV Extreme
Cooling Alphacool UT60 560 Radiator
Memory Kingston Hyper X 16gb 2400
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 580 Heatkiller Waterblock - EK Backplate
Storage SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Display(s) LG 24" Flatron
Case Silerstone TJ11
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Recon 3Di
Power Supply XFX Pro 1000 Platimum
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
it's simple one man wants to raise taxes and one doesn't. seems preety easy choice to me.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
it's simple one man wants to raise taxes and one doesn't. seems preety easy choice to me.

Well, their proposed tax increases/decreases are more like the following graphic. It's a clear cut case of vastly different ideologies -- one obviously favoring the rich, the other more progressive in scale:

Eventually -- both are going to raise taxes. Politicians always do. They're just going to raise them on different things and in different ways.

If you're an American here, remember the first George Bush with his quote, "Read my lips -- no new taxes?" Remember what a bunch of crap that was, too? :laugh:

Attachments

• GR2008061200193.gif
    GR2008061200193.gif
    72.3 KB · Views: 582
Ah -- a site by Brad O'Leary, the Author of "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values".

Yeah, totally unbiased source of information and judgement there. I think I'll pass.

The questions are based on Zogby poll and other sources that contain ACTUAL barak votes, etc.
So, the "quiz" is valid, even if the rest of the site is biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.