• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Please try not being confrontational when discussing things.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Lol calm down bj ill make ya a cup tea dang your getting serious calling wl a liberal just cus he doesnt agree with your point of view just face it were all individuals.

V

v-zero

Yeha... after last nights 30 minute cool-aide dip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghlzS23q3s8

God damn Americans and their fake polotics - ridiculous.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
That exception doesn't apply to the second debate. (Even at the end, McCain somehow managed to shake Obama's hand without looking at him. Amazing.)

McCain's health should worry anybody. Seriously -- first I hear John McCain can't use a computer because of injuries. Now, he can't look at someone because of injuries.

This guy sounds like he's getting worse by the second -- at what point will an injury come up that will be blamed for him losing the election? Are Americans going to have to put up with being called "injury-prejudiced" for the next few months if McCain doesn't win?

Apparently you don't watch the news much. Ever heard of the Al Smith Dinner? I mean look how disrespectful they are being to each other! :slap:

FYI notice McCain turning his whole body?

Oh and here look at this! I mean McCain and Obama are hugging! Clearly they dont respect each other. :roll:

Dude Obama isn't a Saviour anymore than McCain is a Traitor. They both are cut from the same cloth. They both want power. Both are professional politicians and have no clue as to whats happening in this country. So with this being said Ill vote for the man who has served his country for longer and harder than the other. Not that Obama is a bad guy but look at the shape his state is in compared to McCains Arizona. That should tell you enough to have a little more faith in McCain and KNOW just because he's a republican doesn't make him inherently evil.

At the end of the day they ALL lie. We just have to pick the one that lies the least. :ohwell:

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
What needs? no, seriously what needs are these?
The ability to intercept incoming short, medium, and long range missiles. And hey, if somone in Europe were to lob a missile at Russia, that site in Poland is capable of intercepting it.

Canada has more land but the land is less useful (in terms of supporting a civilization). USA's land is mostly temperate climate and fertile. Canada has a lot of mountainous terrain and spotted lakes. A lot of the land in the Northern Territories is barren tundra. Canada (Northern Territories) and Russia (Siberia) both have more land than USA but a massive percentage of both is not productive land. In terms of productive land, China is more competitive with USA than Canada and Russia. But, we have an edge on China too having far more advanced farming technology.

A country is really only as prosperous as the land it is founded on. Almost every war in human history was connected to expanding territory claims. :X

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Lol calm down bj ill make ya a cup tea dang your getting serious calling wl a liberal just cus he doesnt agree with your point of view just face it were all individuals.

It's fine he can say what he wants to within reason, water of a ducks back for me; and anyway i am a bit of a liberal

As an outsider who thankfully can not vote - but if i could, i would vote Obama.

The USA needs change and Obama is going the right way, maybe not on the best route, but at least he is going the right way.

The ability to intercept incoming short, medium, and long range missiles. And hey, if somone in Europe were to lob a missile at Russia, that site in Poland is capable of intercepting it.
Oh yea right, because you wish to defend Russia from Europe - who could quite eaily crush half of europe within a couple of days. Yea no one is going to do that. The defence circle is a farce - just to put pressure on Russia because the USA hasn't grown up and realised just how much Russia has changed. The USA is too set in it's ways, again i'd vote Obama to get some change.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Oh yea right, because you wish to defend Russia from Europe - who could quite eaily crush half of europe within a couple of days. Yea no one is going to do that. The defence circle is a farce - just to put pressure on Russia because the USA hasn't grown up and realised just how much Russia has changed. The USA is too set in it's ways, again i'd vote Obama to get some change.
Russia doesn't need to be defended by anyone but Russia. But let me tell you something about "Russia vs. Europe". Your a fool if you think any one country could walk over Europe that easy. France, Germany and the UK have some of the most advance weapon systems in the world. They also have some of the best trained soldiers. There is an old American saying that applies to Europe in this scenario.

"Always outnumbered but never out gunned."

Your attitude towards your own country is a MAJOR difference between a lot of Americans and Russians. We worship our protectors. We are honored to serve with our brothers and sisters side by side, back to back. I find it sad you do not have faith in yours. I truly hope you are the minority in the UK. Your own countries power is beyond anything is was during the world wars and you guys did fine then. Obama and McCain do not matter. Have faith in your own. :toast:

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Russia doesn't need to be defended by anyone but Russia. But let me tell you something about "Russia vs. Europe". Your a fool if you think any one country could walk over Europe that easy. France, Germany and the UK have some of the most advance weapon systems in the world. They also have some of the best trained soldiers. There is an old American saying that applies to Europe in this scenario.

"Always outnumbered but never out gunned."

Your attitude towards your own country is a MAJOR difference between a lot of Americans and Russians. We worship our protectors. We are honored to serve with our brothers and sisters side by side, back to back. I find it sad you do not have faith in yours. I truly hope you are the minority in the UK. Your own countries power is beyond anything is was during the world wars and you guys did fine then. Obama and McCain do not matter. Have faith in your own. :toast:

Yea I am aware of the powers that Europe can pull up on - and believe me when I know that the UK has been through hell and back numerous times in it's long history of naval and land warfare - we used to rule the seas after all ;) and now we have the challenger mk II tank that pretty much is the best out there, and we have the SAS which is THE best elite forces in the world imo. I am thoroughly thankful for the forces that fight in a war for our Queen - i myself wanted to join the RAF, but for medical reasons i was refused. You can not argue that Russia is just a brute and it's a good thing that it hasn't had a reason to show it (excluding the recent Georgian skirmish) but it doesn't mean it needs to be watched 24/7 and have a big stick ready to whack it when it might step out of line

And anyway - over here we too have a saying:

"American soldiers, all the kit, brains of shit"

Don't take that offensive what people do to fight a battle is something that takes a lot of balls.

My boss at work used to be in Navy and served on numerous nuclear subs, and the stories he has of doing all the work is mind boggling and makes me proud that the USA relies on the UK armed forces for so much around these parts of the world.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Hey SK-1. thanks for that milex data site.

Bahrain (rich oil country) uses 4-5% of its GDP on defense.

USA uses 4-5% on defense

Canada uses 1-2%... why? because of the great relationship with the HUGE country to their south .....

And they still manage to train excellent soldiers.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Defensive positions prevent wars. If a former War Pact state is stupid enough to kick Russia in the shin by launching a missile, we could intercept it and get them both to the table for talks. If it is not intercepted, an all out war is destined.

I scored center of Liberitarian but generally hate what Liberitarians say (contradiction, I know):

If I were to guess where I would be, it would be here or a little more to the right:

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
that's actually very interesting to know to be honest i would have thought you were around (80,30) on the right conservative box

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Yea I am aware of the powers that Europe can pull up on - and believe me when I know that the UK has been through hell and back numerous times in it's long history of naval and land warfare - we used to rule the seas after all ;) and now we have the challenger mk II tank that pretty much is the best out there, and we have the SAS which is THE best elite forces in the world imo. I am thoroughly thankful for the forces that fight in a war for our Queen - i myself wanted to join the RAF, but for medical reasons i was refused. You can not argue that Russia is just a brute and it's a good thing that it hasn't had a reason to show it (excluding the recent Georgian skirmish) but it doesn't mean it needs to be watched 24/7 and have a big stick ready to whack it when it might step out of line

And anyway - over here we too have a saying:

"American soldiers, all the kit, brains of shit"

Don't take that offensive what people do to fight a battle is something that takes a lot of balls.

My boss at work used to be in Navy and served on numerous nuclear subs, and the stories he has of doing all the work is mind boggling and makes me proud that the USA relies on the UK armed forces for so much around these parts of the world.

"American soldiers, all the kit, brains of shit" huh? Your grandfather didn't have that perspective when he was PRAYING we would jump in and help him. How could I not take offense to that saying? The American soldier is one of the most respected soldiers among the worlds militaries. I know this from first hand experience. Even the Taliban exclaimed their respect for our soldiers. You might think differently if you were on the receiving end out our "brains of shit" soldiers on the offensive.

As for Russia being a brute and taking Europe by force again don't be blinded by intimidation and or size. The Afghan rebels kicked the shit out of Russia in the 80s and they didn't have a 16th of what your own military has. Brute fighting never works. Smart fighting always does.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
"American soldiers, all the kit, brains of shit" huh? Your grandfather didn't have that perspective when he was PRAYING we would jump in and help him. How could I not take offense to that saying? The American soldier is one of the most respected soldiers among the worlds militaries. I know this from first hand experience. Even the Taliban exclaimed their respect for our soldiers. You might think differently if you were on the receiving end out our "brains of shit" soldiers on the offensive.

As for Russia being a brute and taking Europe by force again don't be blinded by intimidation and or size. The Afghan rebels kicked the shit out of Russia in the 80s and they didn't have a 16th of what your own military has. Brute fighting never works. Smart fighting always does.

It's mainly a saying that has derived via the amount of blue on blue that happened throughout the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, that's all. It has left a bitter taste in many of the UK population

TheMailMan78

Big Member
FYI heres my score :rockout:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
...and now we have the challenger mk II tank that pretty much is the best out there
Don't forget the German Leopard 2, Israeli Merkava, French Leclerc, and the USA Abrams. Personally, my money is on the M1A2 because it is a battle-hardened platform with battle-hardened crews. It's also the only one to have an engine stolen from a helicopter. XD

It's mainly a saying that has derived via the amount of blue on blue that happened throughout the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, that's all. It has left a bitter taste in many of the UK population
It happens a lot when you are blowing up stuff from miles away. Often anymore, we can't visually verify the target.

Still, a lot of money is going into research to prevent future friendly fire incidents.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
Don't forget the German Leopard 2, Israeli Merkava, French Leclerc, and the USA Abrams. Personally, my money is on the M1A2 because it is a battle-hardened platform with battle-hardened crews. It's also the only one to have an engine stolen from a helicopter. XD

But the Challenger II is better :) and it too is "Battle Hardened" as you say.

Actually I was kidding.....there is nothing between the 2 of them, both (along with the Leopard 2) are the very best at delivering 120mm of pure pain.

Last edited:
But the Challenger II is better :) and it too is "Battle Hardened" as you say.

Debating military hardware... now that's thread in and of itself...

I take no offense from a saying like "all the kit, brains of shit".. Hell, we toss those around all the time - like the old joke - What did the french man say when the germans walked into paris? "Will 'zat be table for ten thozand"?

How would the USA take over france? Send in the girl scouts...

Stuff like that...

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
But the Challenger II is better...
Not enough information to prove that.

and it too is "Battle Hardened" as you say.
10 years versus 25 years of deployment.

"Battled tested," not "battle hardened."

424 tanks versus well over 5000.

Seriously, those are long odds especially considering A-10s, Apaches, and B-1/B-52 (CBU-97 Sensor Fused Weapon) would make quick work of those 424 tanks well before any M1s even hit the ground. Should an M1A2 go toe to toe with a Challenger II, I suspect it would end in a draw. They would both disable but not destroy each other.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
Debating military hardware... now that's thread in and of itself...

I take no offense from a saying like "all the kit, brains of shit".. Hell, we toss those around all the time - like the old joke - What did the french man say when the germans walked into paris? "Will 'zat be table for ten thozand"?

I edited my quote before you posted :)

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
Not enough information to prove that.

10 years versus 25 years of deployment.

"Battled tested," not "battle hardened."

424 tanks versus well over 5000.

Seriously, those are long odds especially considering A-10s, Apaches, and B-1/B-52 (CBU-97 Sensor Fused Weapon) would make quick work of those 424 tanks well before any M1s even hit the ground. Should an M1A2 go toe to toe with a Challenger II, I suspect it would end in a draw. They would both disable but not destroy each other.

Seriously they are not long odds, just look at it this way, the British Army has been in more direct conflicts than the US in the last 30 years, and in the last 10, just about the same so whether you are testing 20% of your tanks in Iraq at the same time as we are testing 20% of ours it boils down to pretty similar in reality.

I also edited the origional before you posted, or before I saw yours, there is actually nothing between them, there are variances, rifled bore....smooth bore....engines....armour type etc, all in all though pretty equal, can depend on the role somewhat, I have spent time in both, not as crew though so I am no expert on the "handling" of the 2.

Seriously they are not long odds, just look at it this way, the British Army has been in more direct conflicts than the US in the last 30 years, and in the last 10, just about the same so whether you are testing 20% of your tanks in Iraq at the same time as we are testing 20% of ours it boils down to pretty similar in reality.

I also edited the origional before you posted, or before I saw yours, there is actually nothing between them, there are variances, rifled bore....smooth bore....engines....armour type etc, all in all though pretty equal, can depend on the role somewhat, I have spent time in both, not as crew though so I am no expert on the "handling" of the 2.

and, of course, this is all beyond hyperbole..... the US vs the UK is, well, a 232 year old dustup that pretty much ended in a very nice friendship. And you guys over there on that tiny island nation make MUCH better beer, for the most part...

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
Status
Not open for further replies.