• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a 24" or 26" monitor - is the Doublesight DS-265W any good?

System Name Woot
Processor AMD FX-9590
Motherboard ASUSTeK m5a99fxpro r2.0
Cooling Corsair H100i gtx
Memory 24GB G.SKILL PC3-12800
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970GTX
Storage 2X 256GB SANDISK SSD 3X1TB MIXED HD
Display(s) 2x 32" Sony LCD
Case CoolerMaster Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) 5.1 Surround Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750W
Mouse Junk
Keyboard Junk
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Anti-Gigabyte rig!
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
wtf is up with the internet speed you got? does chicagoland even offer that kind of a service? i mean comcast blast is only like 16 mbps

I am 20' from a quad-link fiber-optic hub. The Comcast tech has 4 drops going to an apartment building I have, and I am good with networking:p

System Name Kablamo
Processor Some Intel i5
Motherboard some gigabyte board
Cooling h80i
Memory samsung sticks that got a good review a few years back
Video Card(s) 6950 acting like a 6970
Storage some solid state ocz drives
Display(s) Samsung T260HD (1920 x 1200)
Case bitfenix microatx case
Audio Device(s) hyperx cloud II
Power Supply corsair 750 or similar
Mouse M65
Keyboard g510
Software win 10
I got a samsung T260HD last week... it's been great so far. Lots of connectivity (DVI, 2 HDMI, Scart, component and a TV tuner!) cost me 500 euro and it's worth every cent!

fps_dean

System Name CrossfireX
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo e8600 450x9.5
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Memory Corsair Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DF 1800mhz 7-7-7-20
Video Card(s) Visiontek 4870 512mb Crossfire
Storage Western Digital 300gb Velociraptor, 750gb RE2
Display(s) Samsung 20.1" 204T (upgrade coming soon)
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2
Power Supply OCZ EliteStream 1000w
Benchmark Scores ~ 20800 3dMark06
Got the DS-263N in on Thursday, which I happened to have off from work convienently.

The colors are absolutely vibrant. Best colors I have ever seen on a monitor. It's not overly large as part of me was thinking it might be. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed, and it does in fact support 1:1 pixel mapping. I also am fairly sure I have an A-TW polarizer as when I look at the monitor at an extreme angle, it has a purple-tint to it yet it also does white out a little bit, but that was pressing my face against the cabinet to the left of my computer desk before I could see any color diffusion, and at that angle I couldn't make much out.

I have started up a game server and checked if I could notice any input lag, but I couldn't. Every headshot resulted in a death. Definitely has less input lag than what I am used to, my old Samsung 204T.

The monitor is bright. It does not wash out white when the brightness is at 100%, which is the default setting for brightness, but it is definitely much brighter than I like. I could not see anyone using brightness above 50%. Personally I find 12.5% to be a very good spot. Some may prefer 0%, but I don't think you would need to go below that (if you do use photo mode, it's darker).

It is not going to set any records for contrast ratio, but my desktop is a Bruins logo and the black background matches the black that I see when I turn the monitor off, and as a gamer some of the darker grays are maybe a little brighter than they should be, which means I can see well in dark places.

The DVI hooksup are hidden in the back and hard to access. I had to use a screwdriver to screw the cable in as my fingers are too large to fit underneath the panel cover which I could not figure out how to remove (or if you can). Not a big deal at all and it does not in anyway make this a worse monitor, just an annoyance when setting the monitor up... just nitpicking really.

The only other con I can think of, at least for my usage (as a monitor and not a TV as it has no component inputs) is the stand does not move up or down. I'd move it up slightly, but again I'm nutpicking because it's already at a very good eye level.

I would not hesitate to buy this monitor again or recommend it to anyone. Based on the quality of the picture and the low input lag, I would not hesitate to buy a DS-265W based on the picture quality despite no 1:1 pixel mapping and not knowing if it has a A-TW polarizer or not.

The Left 4 Dead demo looks amazing on it, as does Crysis and CoD4.