• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
Palit Guy, are you allowed to get political in forums? :laugh:

LOL I sent him an email Titled "I should not show you this thread"

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
But what caused them to be in that condition? And, why not private charity to take care of them? Why must GOVERNMENT steal from the successful to pay for the mistakes of the few who just can't buy a clue?

Could be for a whole host of reasons....lets just take one, Long term ill health, loss of job, loss of income, cant pay mortgage, cant pay for health insurance blah blah.

I never said the Government should pay, if thats the system your government employs and you dont like it.....dont vote for them, we in the UK do have an extensive "Social Security" system to specifically prevent the loss of the 3 basic needs I mentioned earlier but we also have extensive charitable organisations that support those less fortunate than ourselves. There are many who abuse the social security system and my feelings towards them are pretty similar to yours in this respect, however, i would not jeopardise those in REAL need by withdrawing the whole system, i would just administer and manage it more stringently...........however, generally in the UK, all parties think along similar lines with regard to poverty so it's not really a party political thing, and of course we do have the totally free public healthcare sytem that ensures in most cases that health needs even for the poor are fully catered for......but it comes with it's costs and inefficiencies as you have highlighted.

Last edited:
Down to the man living in the gutter.
We should give him a dollar or two, and continue to do it, even if he continues to do that till he dies.

Why not?

Would Jesus just let you die?
Would he not help you over and over no matter what happened?
Would you let your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter just die?
I think none of those people would, then we not be like that to everyone else.

To add
Does the Bible not teach that?
Even if you don't believe in the Bible it does tell you good ways to live your life.

To add to your bible stuff...
"thou shalt not steal"
"You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour."

And yet the Democrats and Obamanauts are preaching exactly that. Take what your neighbor has, because he has more than you....

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.6 (16x225)
Motherboard DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH
Cooling CoolIT Domino A.L.C.
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Video Card(s) XFX HD-487A-ZDDC Radeon HD 4870 (OC'd to 825/1000) | XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890
Storage 2x Seagate 320GB SATA2 (ST3320620AS)
Case LIAN LI PC-X500B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1
Power Supply PCP&C S75QB 750W | Thermaltake Pure Power Express 250W
Software Windows Vista Ultimate x64
oh man easy poll question -->

ALF!

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Palit Guy, are you allowed to get political in forums? :laugh:

I'm certainly allowed to have my own opinions. I would hope it's obvious that I'm not representing the opinions of Palit in these types of posts. Just so everyone is clear on that I'll spell it out. All the opinions expressed in this thread are mine and are not intended to represent those of anyone else or any other group.

I consider myself to be a regular guy that just happens to work at Palit. I do marketing stuff for them as well as tech support. I think it's important that people take advantage of the services I provide as a Palit employee and if knowing a little about me personally makes me more approachable when people have a problem so much the better.

I hope this doesn't have the opposite effect.

I also like the idea of showing people that Palit, as a company, is made up of real people. Palit is not some high and mighty corporation and it respects the opinions and individuality of its employees.

Another part of my job is to find out what the "community" wants in video card products and bring that info back to the factory. They try to incorporate the feedback that I collect into product design.

I don't want to just sit back and be strictly an observer in all this. I want people to send me email and PMs (preferably email) about what they think we should be doing. I want people to know that I take their input and concerns seriously. I don't know how else I can effectively communicate that.

I have to be in here, on the ground so to speak, participating on an equal level with everyone else if anyone is ever going to have any faith in me. No one wants to provide feedback if they think it's just a dog and pony show and the people they are talking to don't really give a crap about what they think.

If I'm not willing to play by the same rules as everyone else I don't think there is any reason to trust me. I made this concept very clear to Palit when they hired me. They understand that I will always be doing things that no other employee would likely ever do. Of course they are a little nervous and it doesn't always work out in my favor. Sometimes you just can't do anything good enough for a fan boi.

But that's not going to keep me from trying. I've been involved in the PC industry for over ten years and I don't like to see companies not participate with the very people they rely on to exist. Ya, some companies have their own forums where they can pick and choose which posts to respond to but I think that's weak.

That's not a level playing field. If something goes a little sideways posts can be deleted or changed. They also aren't coming to you, you are going to them. when I post here I have no control over what happens to the post afterward. Sure, I know W1zzard, but he doesn't do me any favors like that.

Now I'm not trying to turn this around so it's a big ad for Palit. mdm-adph asked me so I'm responding to his question. I see no reason to dwell on this or make a big deal out of it. The question was asked and I answered it. Nuff said.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
To add to your bible stuff...
"thou shalt not steal"
"You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour."

And yet the Democrats and Obamanauts are preaching exactly that. Take what your neighbor has, because he has more than you....

You have it wrong
"thou shalt not steal"
a crime, you go to jail or pay a fine
to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others: to covet another's property.

covet=desire wrongfully

Which means to take what is not yours by taking actions of stealing.

Taking your needs for life is not desired wrongfully.

Exodus 22:22
Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deuteronomy 15:7, 11
If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Deuteronomy 24:14
Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns

Leviticus 23:22
When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Psalm 12:5
Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise, says the LORD, I will protect them from those who malign them

Psalm 37:25-26
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.

Psalm 41:1-2
Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.

Psalm 68:5
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling

Psalm 112:9
He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn [a] will be lifted high in honor.

Proverbs 11:24-25
One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Proverbs 14:21
He who despises his neighbor sins,but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

Proverbs 14:31
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.

Proverbs 21:13
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.

Proverbs 22:9
A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.

Proverbs 28:27
He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses.

Proverbs 31:8-9
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

Isaiah 58:6-7;10
Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? ...and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.

Ezekiel 16:49
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Zechariah 7:8-10
And the word of the LORD came again to Zechariah: "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'

Micah 6:8
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Matthew 6:1-4
Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 25:41-45
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'

Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Luke 10:29-37
But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Luke 14:13-14
But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 Timothy 6:17-19
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Down to the man living in the gutter.
We should give him a dollar or two, and continue to do it, even if he continues to do that till he dies.

Why not?

Would Jesus just let you die?
Would he not help you over and over no matter what happened?
Would you let your mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter just die?
I think none of those people would, then we should not be like that to everyone else.

To add
Does the Bible not teach that?
Even if you don't believe in the Bible it does tell you good ways to live your life.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

I like programs that help people achieve and maintain success on their own. Usually you don't accomplish that by just giving people money and especially not if they didn't earn it in the first place.

You want to help someone in the gutter? Don't throw money at him/her. Provide that person a safe place to live and give them some education. There are great programs available to businesses that hire the handicapped (although most of them need some reform).

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
@Damulta

If you turn this into a religious debate, I'm out. All that ever does is get a few people so heated up the conversation turns into a mud slinging match of which no good can come.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
@Damulta

If you turn this into a religious debate, I'm out. All that ever does is get a few people so heated up the conversation turns into a mud slinging match of which no good can come.

Religion?

How about: give me a big coupon and I'll worship you. :laugh:

But Damulta... The difference between a democrat and all those nice religeous quotes you post, is that they're telling you to do this of your free will. They're not saying "Obama the lord will take from those who have, and give you a handout". They're moralistic, not dictatorial. They're about making the right choice.

Obama and the democrat party belive that people won't or can't - probably because they and their athiest friends have driven any concept of moral teaching out of the public education system... but that's another concept entirely...

They believe that the GOVERNMENT is the instrument, not the people themselves.

Listen to a democrat: a tax BREAK is a "cost to the government". Teresa Ghilarducci thinks that the "tax breaks" people get for saving in their 401(k) is money that could be better used elsewhere...

How bullshit is that? A tax BREAK is leaving money in the hands of the guy who earned it.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Obama and the democrat party belive that people won't or can't - probably because they and their athiest friends have driven any concept of moral teaching out of the public education system... but that's another concept entirely...

I don't know who else is doing this -- but please stop saying the "democrat" party. You're not Joseph McCarthy.

It's the "Democratic" party.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
"A tax BREAK is leaving money in the hands of the guy who earned it."
A tax break that will help everyone that should stay in the government to help even more people.
Doing that takes money, and yes some bad comes out, but more good should come out. Life isn't easy, and the
more someone that can help"Your Government"should do so without complaining/caring about doing it.

One Nation under God, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all

God-Un-stoppable Love

indivisible-incapable of being divided

Liberty- freedom from having unlimited power

Justice - righteousness

For our country to say it's under god that means doing good like the bible teaches which is caring about everyone.

For our country to say it's indivisible means that we are one, not our own individuals.

For our country to say under Liberty means that no man should have the power to put another man down.

For our country to say it's under Justice means that no man should be treated unfairly.

It should mean those things every time you say them.

did u not read this post?
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1044974&postcount=2518

@Palit_Guy

It is a big reason for people to vote for one party and not the other. I hear that reason more than any other reason there is.

I'm not getting all hard core about it, but that reason is there for a fact, and they are part of my own beliefs/values on the subject.

Last edited:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
(breaks up tension)

i think i heard this somewae did you know that mickey mouse is the #1 wright in on presidential elections?

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Religion should have no place in politics - period.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
(breaks up tension)

i think i heard this somewae did you know that mickey mouse is the #1 wright in on presidential elections?

This time it's sure to be the Dr. Ron Paul. :D

REligion should have no place in politics - period.

I agree. However, it always had and it always will, as long as the majority describes themselves as "religious." How could they elect a leader who doesn't share their beliefs?

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

I like programs that help people achieve and maintain success on their own. Usually you don't accomplish that by just giving people money and especially not if they didn't earn it in the first place.

You want to help someone in the gutter? Don't throw money at him/her. Provide that person a safe place to live and give them some education. There are great programs available to businesses that hire the handicapped (although most of them need some reform).

Then we should start even more programs than we have now. One that will teach him, while we are taking care of him/her.

And do that until it's done right, or it never completes. Either way we tried, and some will make a difference with us as a nation. Doing no action solves anything.

Why can we not do that for our own people? Which would take money to do.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
REligion should have no place in politics - period.

i 100% agree and i hate in all honesty when religion plays with schools too i mean i am no body to knock anyones belife but i like to stay open minded if you want religion go to a religious school dont put religion in the public school system unless its some kind of istory or something...actually i dont even care if religion is in public schools as long as you dont take things out or stop the science classes my 2C

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
I agree. However, it always had and it always will, as long as the majority describes themselves as "religious." How could they elect a leader who doesn't share their beliefs?

Because humanity should take a step back from their personal beliefs and elect someone that is going to good for the economy. Here in the UK the prime minister is not allowed to be religious.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Because humanity should take a step back from their personal beliefs and elect someone that is going to good for the economy. Here in the UK the prime minister is not allowed to be religious.

And I applaud the UK for that model.

However, as I'm sure you've noticed, the US is quite different, in both what the President/Leader is expected to be and in how he's elected (directly, vs. the party electing him as in the UK).

The Prime Minister doesn't have to be religious -- he's not being directly elected, if I've got it correct.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11

i personally think that is the way to go in all honesty we could elect someone here and they could go all crazy 2 months after election and start sacrificing rabbits or some shit. but i dont think our president holds as much power as your minister i mean in all honesty though the president does alot he's basically the go to guy if the country can figure out the answer to 1 question our president cant do anything to crazy because we would just shut him down veto and whatnot empeach if we need to. However i dont think the US can ever mandate an election were the presidential candidates cant have a religion unles they made some amendment to the consitution which would need to be voted on by the people which wouldnt pass at all.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
And I applaud the UK for that model.

However, as I'm sure you've noticed, the US is quite different, in both what the President/Leader is expected to be and in how he's elected (directly, vs. the party electing him as in the UK).

The Prime Minister doesn't have to be religious -- he's not being directly elected, if I've got it correct.

AS far as i know the Prime Minister may have his/her own personal beliefs but is NOT allowed to announce them publicly. You are right though, when we vote we vote for the party, and then the party votes the leader.

i personally think that is the way to go in all honesty we could elect someone here and they could go all crazy 2 months after election and start sacrificing rabbits or some shit. but i dont think our president holds as much power as your minister i mean in all honesty though the president does alot he's basically the go to guy if the country can figure out the answer to 1 question our president cant do anything to crazy because we would just shut him down veto and whatnot empeach if we need to.

can you really do that?

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
AS far as i know the Prime Minister may have his/her own personal beliefs but is NOT allowed to announce them publicly. You are right though, when we vote we vote for the party, and then the party votes the leader.

can you really do that?

o ya dude we have branches that can superceed a bill or order from the president and if he totally does something scandales we can kick him out of office\

In the United States, impeachment can occur both at the federal and state level. The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may only be impeached and removed for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." [2]. Several commentators have suggested that Congress alone may decide for itself what constitutes an impeachable offense. In 1970, then-House Minority Leader Gerald R. Ford defined the criteria as he saw it: "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history." [3] Four years later, Ford would become president when President Richard Nixon resigned under the threat of impeachment

source is wikipedia sorry its impeach

\
EDIT:: @lotus infact we recently did one when our current president got together with out treasury or w/e the hell its called over here to pass the 700 billion dollar bail out bill for the econamy it got to congres and was VETO'd (denied) and had to go back for revision befoe it was passed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.