• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX lies about their warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Yes, but you have lost sight of the original point of this thread. He is claiming that XFX says they allow cooler swaps, and I called him out on it. They have never claimed this officially, so they don't lie about their warranty at all.

I never said they didn't honor the warranty when an after market cooler has been used, they just never said they would, everyone just assumes they will because they have in the past. So will pretty much any other company though.

Ya, sorry if it looked like I got off track on that..

I know very well they never claimed directly to allow such things.
I love XFX and EVGA both, always have great luck with both of them, honestly better than any ATI vendor, which is why I sell them mainly.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
I just wanted to let everyone know about the XFX warranty and my experience with them.

I bought an XFX 280 GTX XXX about a month ago and installed an EK waterblock on the card. In order to install the waterblock, I had to remove the label on the back of the card. The label is a thick plastic laminate covering all the screws. I had a feeling when I peeled the label off that I may be voiding my warranty and was willing to take the risk.

I later found out that XFX honors warranties even after using aftermarket cooling solutions. This is the Catch22, you can use a waterblock or aftermarket cooler, but you can't damage the label to take the card apart. After I confronted them with this, they then lied and claimed I sent the card back to them wet.

Anyway I just wanted to warn everyone about the XFX cards. If you ever plan on taking one apart for any reason, they will void your warranty. They are liars. The real problem is that once you damage the label, they can't return it to their suppliers for credit. I believe the card was designed this way intentionally so to avoid any warranty claims after taking the card apart.

If you think you may ever want to do any aftermarket cooling or replacing or the thermal compound, then you should purchase from EVGA.

This isn't going to be what you wanna hear, but generally companies will screw you anyway they can, because they assume your going to screw them anyway you can. You voided the warranty, and they are right in not accepting the card back.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10

if thats the card I would have denied your RMA also, how did you do that to the stickers and stuff, I mean look at it, If you installed watercooling you should have put the cards plastics in a safe place, alot of manufacturers would void a warranty for that alone.

Last edited:

waxking1

The card looks like this because of a peeled off sticker and no other reason. No I didn't take a lot of care peeling off the sticker as I wasn't planning on using an RMA. The only reason I RMAd the card was because people on another forum told me I should try. My gripe here is that the sticker is not modder friendly and it would be a chore for anyone to remove it and have the card come out clean. This is purposely done to avoid any RMA warranty claims after the card has been opened. I have been totally upfront about what happened including telling XFX that I modded the card with a waterblock before they gave me an RMA.

When I ordered the card I had no idea it would come with the sticker from Hell covering the screwholes. I could not return it for a refund and I already had all my other watercooling parts. I either sell it or pull off the sticker and take my chances. I would love to see you try to remove one of these and have the card come out clean. Maybe with a heatgun or hairdryer it would come off cleaner. When I pulled it off it was like the glue and part of the label peeled away from the sticker and remained on the card and screws.

XFX didn't deny the warranty because of the sticker, it was denied because of water damage. There was no water damage. They also lied and said the card was wet when I called them on the no water damage. They like the image of being modder friendly but in reality they aren't or they wouldn't have put the sticker on.

The reason for this thread is to warn others about the XFX GT200 series sticker ploy. If you are a modder do not buy an XFX card, simple as that. If you are not then do whatever you want.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Edit: I just realized that is the bottom of the cooler looking at the 260 review W1zzard did...I have to claim that just sux that htye covered it to begin with.

For those who are also having trouble with what the image is, look here for reference!

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
The whole time I'm thinking about the sticker on the back of the pcb. Why would you rip the cooler's top off like that?

*Oops, just noticed that IS the bottom of the card.. That sucks...

waxking1

Before I pulled the sticker off I searched the web for info on how to do this. The only thing I found was a Utube video and the guy just pulled the sticker off and his came off a lot better than mine did. I'm sure they woud still have denied an RMA on his card if he had sent it back. It really doesn't matter how you take the sticker off or if you just poke holes in the stiker where the screws are, there is going to be damage to the card and your warranty will be void. I know it made the card look ugly but I wasn't planning on using that part again anyway.

Before I pulled the sticker off I searched the web for info on how to do this. The only thing I found was a Utube video and the guy just pulled the sticker off and his came off a lot better than mine did. I'm sure they woud still have denied an RMA on his card if he had sent it back. It really doesn't matter how you take the sticker off or if you just poke holes in the stiker where the screws are, there is going to be damage to the card and your warranty will be void. I know it made the card look ugly but I wasn't planning on using that part again anyway.

Dude that card looks like it went through a washing machine, that's why they said they received it wet. :laugh: Now in all honesty, stickers and all, I wouldn't have given you a new card for it either. Next time if you want to mod a card take the proper care while doing it...

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Dude that card looks like it went through a washing machine, that's why they said they received it wet. :laugh: Now in all honesty, stickers and all, I wouldn't have given you a new card for it either. Next time if you want to mod a card take the proper care while doing it...

Dude qft. Now that i realize thats supposed to be your card i wouldnt take it back either if i was XFX.

Processor Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock LGA1155 Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Cooler Master Evo 212
Memory 16GB (4X4) G.Skill Ripjaw 2 DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Nvidia gForce GTX 660ti
Storage 1x Samsung 840 EVO 256GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 500GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 80GB 3Gb/s
Display(s) ASUS VH242H Black + 2 HP 2311x 23" LED
Case Fractal Design R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek OnBoard Both
Power Supply Cooler Master 850w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Wow, did you go to war with that card and come back??

System Name mine
Processor 2600k@5.2ghz 1.41 vcore
Motherboard asrock z77 OC Formula
Cooling pa120.3, apogee HD, mcp655 pump
Memory 16gigs ddr3 1600mhz sammy's @ 1886
Video Card(s) evga gtx470 under water on a seperate loop
Storage Crucial M4 128gig SSD
Display(s) HP 2511x 25inch led
Case none ATM
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750watt seasonic x-1250watt(dead)
Software win 8 pro 64bit
from the pic it looks pretty bad. some of that does look like the silkscreening pulled up with the sticker. but other parts look "ground" down like you used it as a skate board or something. is there any way you could post a higher res pic for us?

altho i do agree with you dissatisfaction of the warantee void if removed sticker. i've had that with a few vid cards in the past, every card i've ever owned eventually got aftermarket cooling. but come on you cant be a cave man with your gear and expect an rma.

i wouldnt have even attempted a rma with a card shroud that looked like that. you should have contacted XFX and tried to buy a new shroud first.

waxking1

You guys think about what you are saying. You are saying I just took the card and ground it down or drug it down the street. What purpose would that serve. All I did was pull a sticker off. I didn't take this picture, XFX did and sent it to me. If there is more damage there than what was caused by pulling off the sticker I can't tell, I think this is what it looked like when I sent it in. Here is another picture they took but it doesn't look any better. All that is damaged on this card is a label. If you got the rest of this label off somehow and could apply a new one, it would look brand new. I lifted up a corner and peeled it off. They treated me wrong but not by denying warranty, that is their priviledge. What they did was lie about the reason. I was up front with them and told them what I did before I sent the card in. I just wish I had read a post from someone else about their label before I purchased the card.

http://www.techpowerup.org/uploaded.php?file=081113/IMG_1367.jpg

This is not my card but it is what my card looked like before I peeled off the label. Can you see the screw holes?

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/2008/09/15222118921l.jpg

Last edited:

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys think about what you are saying.

I believe most are thinking about what they are saying.

And, probably believe you. But you asked and they are just giving you their opinions.

Like some of the posters have stated, some got great or good service from that company and some didn't.

You had a bad experience.

So, you could probably type all night and day and I'll leave it at that.:ohwell:

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
It all depends on who is doing the RMA.

Such as PALiT, I know the RMA department(I have been there). I know for a fact that they can RMA just about anything. No matter what. Now there are rules, and if it is a V-MOD sorry about your luck 100% known.

3ed party heatsinks no big deal, hell they have people that send the cards in WITH the 3ed party heatsink. What happens? They get the new card without their 3ed party heatsink..sometimes just depends...
I know that has happened. They can reject you tho, it's best to put the old ones back, and put stickers back if you have them.

Stickers just they do want them there. Can they still do one without one?
I'm pretty sure that they can.

The biggest thing that kills cards is that people do not dust out their machines.

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
You guys think about what you are saying. You are saying I just took the card and ground it down or drug it down the street. What purpose would that serve. All I did was pull a sticker off. I didn't take this picture, XFX did and sent it to me. If there is more damage there than what was caused by pulling off the sticker I can't tell, I think this is what it looked like when I sent it in. Here is another picture they took but it doesn't look any better. All that is damaged on this card is a label. If you got the rest of this label off somehow and could apply a new one, it would look brand new. I lifted up a corner and peeled it off. They treated me wrong but not by denying warranty, that is their priviledge. What they did was lie about the reason. I was up front with them and told them what I did before I sent the card in. I just wish I had read a post from someone else about their label before I purchased the card.

This is not my card but it is what my card looked like before I peeled off the label. Can you see the screw holes?

as i understand you have searched for the screws and this is why the card look so ugly so you can't be blamed for the result;on the back was a big self-adhesive sticker no?

FudFighter

Their supplier for credit? They are the supplier. Whom exactly have you been in contact with? The store or XFX themselves?

Dan, maby you dont know this, XFX and most "suppliers" (bfg/evga/exct) get their cards from NVIDIA, they are refrance cards made by nvidia and rebadged/bundled by the reseller(xfx in this case) and if they get bad cards im sure they have some kind or recorse to get a replacement from nvidia or some kind of credit on their next batch they buy.

Only Palit makes their own PCB's and thus cards for nvidia.

AMD/ATI well anybody can make their own pcb/design, Only Palit really does this from my exp, tho PowerColor(TuL) use to make their own cards (higher grade pcb and componants back in the day)

Ya, sorry if it looked like I got off track on that..

I know very well they never claimed directly to allow such things.
I love XFX and EVGA both, always have great luck with both of them, honestly better than any ATI vendor, which is why I sell them mainly.

for ati, PowerColor has been the best to me, Asus 2nd best, Main diffrance being that PowerColor gives better warr on some cards(lifetime) and will upgrade you, a friend of mine sent back a 1800gto and got back a 1950gt, nice upgrade!!!
Asus just sends you another referb of the card you have sent in, even if it takes weeks to get you one from their referb shops overseas.

MSI and Gigabyte have decent warr if you keep on them about speedy service.

For Nvidia Im sticking with BFG, Jeff has been VERY kool to me, a friend of mine gave me his MSN ID when i had a problem, He set me up a quick RMA and got me a new card in less then a week!!!

They are just bustin ur ballz as my grandfather would have said when he was alive, honestly you should have gotten some googone and cleaned the rest of the sticker off, even without that sticker if the card looked decent they likely would have rma'd it.

XFX USE TO say on their warr they suppoted cooler swaps and the like just no hard mods, BFG cant say that, because the higher ups dont want them do support any kind of moding, but to be honest, i think as long as the card shows no physical damnage and the orignal coolers on it, they would swap it out without asking any questions :)

same with evga and the rest, as long as the card LOOKS FINE they really dont get payed enought to care if u swaped the cooler or even pissed on it(if u do this dry it off first :p )

wait and see what the XFX rep says here.

newtekie1: yes you can varify that hes an XFX rep, just as pcper varifyed that jeff was a rep from BFG, you get wiz or another admin/mod that can see IP addys to check where that IP comes from!!!!

ask palitguy, he got banned from hardforms because he didnt kiss kyles ass and tell kyle he was a rep first and send him stuff to play with free :p (hey palit guy, should stop by pcper more :) )

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

You can't see the screw holes through the sticker, but you could have easily used a reference picture from any of the decent reviews out there to get a good idea of where they were and used an exacto knife to just cut out around them. The way you did it, it does look like the stick has been chewed up. I really don't believe that simply peeling the sticker up would cause that kind of damage. Huge chunks of the sticker are missing, and the images are worn away, how do you do that just by peeling it up?

Dan, maby you dont know this, XFX and most "suppliers" (bfg/evga/exct) get their cards from NVIDIA, they are refrance cards made by nvidia and rebadged/bundled by the reseller(xfx in this case) and if they get bad cards im sure they have some kind or recorse to get a replacement from nvidia or some kind of credit on their next batch they buy.

Only Palit makes their own PCB's and thus cards for nvidia.

That isn't true, a lot of nVidia manufactures make their own PCB designs. XFX is known for this as a lot of their cards deviate from the reference design and they were one of the first manufactures to start using black PCBs in graphics cards and XFX more than capable of manufacturing the entire card themselves. EVGA also uses their own PCB designs in a lot of nVidia cards.

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Im talking to an XFX support guy on my other forums about this. Waiting for reply.

XFX Tech

XFX Support
We are sorry that we are not able to warranty the card but the damage is obvious. If there were only holes for the screws or something of that nature it would be fine. There are plenty of people with our products who use after market cooling and we have no issues with that as long as the card is not physically damaged, like knocking a capacitor off, and is in original condition when it is received at our service center. This policy applies to all cards 6 series and above. All cards 6 series and above have a transferable lifetime warranty. This is for cards purchased in US or Canada that are registered within 30 days of purchase. Other regions have other policies but their warranty information is available on our site. If anyone has any questions about our policies or needs tips feel free to PM me.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
wow, PP went and got XFX from Bjorn

add XFX to the list :)

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
I think waxking1 must be having a laugh... seriously dude, that card is a mess!!

Thanks for posting in the thread XFX Tech. I didn't even know about the tranferable lifetime warranty, i'll be looking at an XFX card for my next upgrade!

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
Double Lifetime Protection
Nothing tops our warranty. It’s not just a lifetime warranty, it’s a transferable lifetime warranty. So, should you sell your XFX GeForce 6-, 7-, 8-, 9- or GTX- series card, whomever you give it to or sell it to is protected, as well. Better still, it’s the best card on the planet for gamers who push our cards to the limit.

What Do I Get?
It’s this simple: We will service and repair any XFX GeForce 6-, 7-, 8-, 9- or GTX- Series Graphics Card for the lifetime of that card. All you have to do is register your card with us online within 30 days of purchase. And, if you sell or give the card to someone else, we’ll honor the warranty for the second owner, as long as he/she registers the card with us.
What’s Covered?
All 6-, 7-, 8-, 9- and GTX- Series XFX registered Graphics Cards. However, to be covered by the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty, you must register your card within 30 days of purchase.

How Do I Get It?
Simply purchase an applicable XFX Graphics Card and register it within 30 days of purchase. That is all it takes.

An Unprecedented Warranty—Just For You
The XFX Double Lifetime Warranty* is a true industry first. Protecting you—and a potential second owner—for the lifetime of the card, it’s a valuable perk for XFX 6-, 7-, 8-, 9- and GTX- Series Graphics Cards owners.
So the warranty is also limited on how long you make the card? It is not lifetime warranty for the life of the consumer correct? Why only 1 year if you don't run out to your website and fill out the paper work?
Here's How It Works:
The XFX Double Lifetime Protection goes into effect once the initial Owner (Owner #1) registers the product online with us. The product MUST be registered WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE. If the product is not registered within that time, the product is warranted for 1 (one) year from purchase date.

At the time of registration, a unique Registration I.D. is issued. Should the initial owner sell or give the card to another owner, the new owner must also register the card online with us. That owner, too, will be issued a unique Registration I.D.
So he or she that bought the card second hand also will only have a 30day window to register the card? Do they have any warranty at all if the first person did not register the card in 30 days? Are they still covered in the one year?

Last edited:

stanhemi

System Name CRUNSHING MINI FARM
Processor Q9550 C1(lapped)@4105mhz 1,38vcore/Q6600 G0 @3010mhz 1,24vcore
Motherboard P5Q-E 8.5 x 483 fsb/P5QPL-AM 9x334fsb
Cooling watercooled storm,mcw60,2x240mm,micro res rev2,laing ddc3.2/Xig s1283(lapped)
Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2X2G 1066MHZ@965-mhz 5-4-5-15/kingston kvr800mhz 2x1g
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRRE 4870 1G @850/1020/ati x1950 pro
Storage RAID0 2X RAPTOR 74gb/wd 250g
Display(s) 22'' LCD 1680x1050/lg 17" 1280x1024
Case Antec 900 white inside/crappy white case
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard
Power Supply ocz 700 watt mod xstream pro/enermax noiseblocker 485 watt
Software Windows 7 x64/vista 32
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06 18950
holy shit,first time i see card like that.

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
wow, PP went and got XFX from Bjorn

add XFX to the list :)

:toast: Im a reviewer there lol. And i love this company and i wouldnt want to see them bashed anymore so i talked to em about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.