• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI stream upgrade might be a flop for those with high hopes

Sonido

System Name Sonido
Processor E6600 @ 3.20 GHz (1600 FSB)
Motherboard abit IX38 QuadGT
Cooling Tt SpinQ (load @ 29c)
Memory TopRam SpeedRAM A.K.A "El Cheapo" @ 800 MHz
Video Card(s) Diamond HD 4870 (@ Stock)
Storage Primary: 500 GB WD
Display(s) 32" Samsung 1080p HDTV
Case Antec Twelve hundred (Modded Tri-cool fans)
Audio Device(s) On-board HD Audio
Power Supply 700W Rocketfish
Software Vista\7\Linux\Hackintosh
AMD Set to Release Free Software Giving Millions of ATI Radeon™ Owners New Way to Run Demanding Computing Tasks Faster than Ever1

December ATI Catalyst™ Driver Release Automatically Switches on ATI Stream Acceleration in ATI Radeon™ Graphics Cards Found in Millions of PCs

To Enable Instant Benefit, Users Will Also Be Able to Download Free Avivo™ Video Converter That Makes High-Definition Video Conversion up to 17x Faster1

SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that starting next month, the company plans to release for download a free ATI Catalyst™ driver update that instantly unlocks new ATI Stream acceleration capabilities already built into millions of ATI Radeon™ graphics cards.

ATI Stream is a set of advanced hardware and software technologies that enable AMD graphics processors (GPU), working in concert with the system’s central processor (CPU), to accelerate applications beyond just graphics. This results in better balanced platforms capable of running demanding computing tasks faster than ever.1

ATI Stream-enabled software titles for entertainment, gaming and productivity are being released or are under development by a growing list of independent software vendors (ISVs) including ArcSoft and CyberLink.

To give users immediate benefit from ATI Stream, AMD also plans to release in December a free downloadable version of its ATI Avivo™ Video Converter utility. This intuitive, easy-to-use application enables transcoding of HD video up to 17 times faster1 than with the CPU alone, in tests performed using an ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 graphics card.

“ATI Stream is one of the best examples of the power of Fusion, and today’s announcement is the first major step in taking this important new technology mainstream,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. “For the millions of people that have already purchased an ATI Radeon HD 4000 series graphics card, this is one more way we’re saying thank you and helping them get more out of their investment. For those who haven’t yet, it’s one more reason for them to go online right now and buy one.”

ATI Radeon graphics processors from AMD are already found in millions of PCs around the world, each running the ATI Catalyst software driver. In the past 12 months, the various ATI Catalyst driver packages have been downloaded 48 million times, averaging nearly four million downloads each month.

The next ATI Catalyst release is version 8.12. AMD has begun distributing a beta version to its hardware and software technology partners for testing, with the final version scheduled to be released for download on or around December 10.

Once installed, the driver package automatically turns on the ATI Stream acceleration capabilities within ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series graphics cards. This will have the immediate effect of allowing any ATI Stream-enabled application to run faster, with no special effort required by consumers to enable this technology. As always, expert users will have the ability to customize their ATI Catalyst driver install options.

Users can then download and install the free ATI Avivo Video Converter. In tests performed using this utility, AMD was able to convert an hour of video to a portable player format in about 12 minutes.1 Combined with one of the recent ATI Radeon HD 4000 series graphics card offerings, the ATI Avivo Video Converter helps deliver video conversion at up to twice the speed of competing solutions, at just over half of the suggested retail price.2

A growing number of ISVs are also lining up to provide ATI Stream-enabled applications, including ArcSoft, a leading provider of innovative digital imaging technologies and multimedia solutions. The company plans to provide an update in December to its TotalMedia Theatre application that will includes ArcSoft SimHD™, a new type of post processing technology that allows consumers to experience close-to-HD viewing of standard definition content thanks to ATI Stream.

Another is CyberLink, an innovative software developer for digital media creation, playback, sharing, and enjoyment applications, has optimized its award-winning video editing software, PowerDirector 7. PowerDirector provides a robust set of features and functionality for capturing, editing and distributing HD video. The updated version, which is scheduled to be released in Q1 2009 will include ATI Stream accelerated video conversion, featuring performance and functionality exceeding that of the Avivo Video Converter.

To ensure easier development of ATI Stream enabled applications capable of running on platforms from multiple vendors, AMD is a member of the Khronos working group defining the OpenCL standard, and is evolving the ATI Stream SDK to be fully OpenCL compliant.

About ATI Stream

ATI Stream is a set of open AMD technologies that allow the hundreds of parallel Stream cores inside AMD GPUs to accelerate general purpose applications, resulting in platforms capable of delivering dramatically high performance-per-watt. The freely distributed, fully open Stream SDK allows programmers to make advanced use of AMD hardware, and helps them to create fast, energy efficient applications on a growing variety of platforms and operating systems. For more information please visit www.amd.com/stream

I just wanted to let you guys know that the performance boost will go to those programs that are ATI-Stream enabled. They (AMD) are working on making it so that those stream capable apps can use the ATI cards, regardless if it was built for ATI-Stream use. But as not to totally kill the buzz for the up and coming upgrade, here's a bit of benchies from the upgrade.

While ATI's Radeon GPUs have technically supported their Stream processing initiative for some time now, up to this point the company hasn't provided tools to the general public that unleash the full potential of the technology, Folding@Home is the only real GPGPU app on the desktop for the consumer. That's about to change though.

Beginning with next month's Catalyst 8.12 driver release, ATI plans to incorporate a Stream-compatible graphics driver to the general public. Launching alongside the new driver is a new Avivo video converter utility. The utility harnesses the 800 stream processors inside the RV770 GPU to transcode video, offloading that task from the CPU. According to ATI, the Radeon 4850 can encode a 1920x1080 HD MPEG2 video up to 17 times faster than Intel's QX9650 Core 2 CPU, while a 4870 X2 is two times faster than NVIDIA's GTX 280 while using Badaboom, which sells for $30.

ATI is providing their Avivo video converter utility for free, with support for all Radeon 4600 and 4800 cards.

ATI is also partnering with ISVs to bring Stream computing to apps beyond the Avivo video converter utility. Next month ArcSoft plans to release an update to its TotalMedia Theatre application that will includes ArcSoft SimHD, a new type of post processing technology that allows consumers to experience close-to-HD viewing of standard definition content thanks to ATI Stream. In Q1'09 CyberLink plans to introduce PowerDirector 7 with support for Stream computing. According to AMD PowerDirector 7 will boast video conversion capabilities that go beyond the free Avivo video converter.

Catalyst 8.12 and the video converter are slated to be introduced on or around December 10th.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
I don't quite get the title. Why would be a flop? Everything sounds good.

Sonido

System Name Sonido
I don't quite get the title. Why would be a flop? Everything sounds good.

Some people were hoping that this would increase performance for all apps that use these cards (i.e. Games).

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
I had know idea about this, it sounds pretty awesome to me though, sux about the games part but still encoding videos 17 times faster good to me!

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
Some people were hoping that this would increase performance for all apps that use these cards (i.e. Games).

I don't see how. Ati Stream is a GPGPU initiative, just as CUDA and has nothing to do with games. It's only going to be a flop for those who fabricated their hopes out of thin air IMHO.

It could be used for physics, but they lack software support. They don't want to use PhysX even when it's free to use AFAIK, because Nvidia owns it (I can understand, but not forgive*) and Intel owned Havok will not release GPU accelerated physics anytime soon, if ever. At least until they have desktop Larrabee out and I as said, even then, I wouldn't be so sure about GPU accelerated Havok, because Larrabee is x86...

*I don't forgive, because they say they don't support PhysX because they only support open standards, yet they DID support Havok publicly, which is Intel's and far from being open. Also Havok in Intel's hands means nothing but stagnation in physics use and progress into games. At least until they are ready to compete. Lame. And Lame AMD decided to support them.

Last edited:
Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

They always said it would increase performance in everything that isn't normally done on a GPU. Which means anything but Games :)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
yeah atis stream is no different to CUDA, apps still need to be written from the start to support it. games will never get boosts from this unless its used to accelerate physx.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
You could write parts of gamecode in ATI Stream or CUDA that has nothing to do with physx, e.g. enemy AI, or map load unzips etc. But you will always have to have two code paths, and therefore a larger codebase, bigger or multiple .exes, and the risk of inconsistent behaviour, and risk of more bugs, with alternate codepaths needed depending on what the user has as a currently installed feature set.

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
You could write parts of gamecode in ATI Stream or CUDA that has nothing to do with physx, e.g. enemy AI, or map load unzips etc. But you will always have to have two code paths, and therefore a larger codebase, bigger or multiple .exes, and the risk of inconsistent behaviour, and risk of more bugs, with alternate codepaths needed depending on what the user has as a currently installed feature set.

Yeah I had thought abaut it. AI is definately a place where it could be used, but ONLY in the case of massive "random" responses of multiple instances, because GPUs lack the ability of efficient conditional processes that are so important for AI. The best example, Total War series: GPGPU could be used for the AI calculations made when two formations are fighting, to calculate wihch wins based on the moral, tiredness and other variables, because that's a lot of number crunching. But it couldn't calculate efficiently the behaviour and overall strategy of the AI, which would be far more interesting. The AI in FPS, RPG and driving games can't neither benefit from GPUs. Basically any place where the AI has to "think" the GPU is a bad performer. Nvidia seems to be making their cards better for conditional processes with each generation (GT200 has some massive improvements in that aspect), so that might change, with a capital emphasis on the might (it's unlikely, Ati from what I have read hasn't made improvements there yet AFAIK). The chances for even the dumbest of branch prediction in GPUs is LOOOOOW.

EDIT: Hmm now that I think about it, it could be used in FPSs to make an extremely accurate visibility system for the AI, so that games like Crysis or FarCry 2 could get benefit. They would be able to "see" every leave and see or not see you (by seing parts of you) behind them, depending on your camouflage, etc.

Last edited:
System Name Suteki Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900 @ Stock
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX
Cooling Stock Box Cooler
Memory 32gb ( 2x16gb) 3600mhz DDR4 G.Skill 16-19-19-39-58
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Ram
Storage 256gb nvme SSD, 250GB SATA3 SSD, 480GB USB3 SSD, 750GB SSHD, 3TB WD Red HDD
Display(s) Asus VE220 / Epson TW-3000 1080p projector
Case Raijintek Thetis Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 PCI on a PCIe-to-PCI Adapter
Power Supply EVGA 550G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
Software Windows 10 Pro
BTW.

Why only HD4xxx Series? I reckon even the HD2xxx and HD3xxx should be able to do this stream-processing (they are all quipped with streamprocessors)...

Hope it gets enabled for my HD2600 too, those "120" Streamprocessors a yearning for some number crunching. (should still give me a 4-5 times faster encode than with a Core 2 Duo @ 2.2ghz)

System Name HTPC
Processor Intel Core i5
Motherboard Asrock ITX
Cooling Water
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) Radeon R9 290
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos 70" TV
Case Coolermaster ITX
Audio Device(s) Radeon Onboard HDMI
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores -242 whatsoever
BTW.

Why only HD4xxx Series? I reckon even the HD2xxx and HD3xxx should be able to do this stream-processing (they are all quipped with streamprocessors)...

Hope it gets enabled for my HD2600 too, those "120" Streamprocessors a yearning for some number crunching. (should still give me a 4-5 times faster encode than with a Core 2 Duo @ 2.2ghz)

it is said that every GPU is supported that has the united shader architecture, so everything with streamprocessor should work, but it will be slow when run on an older ati card

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
the problem with the older cards is that they'd be really slow. so their support might come later in order to prevent negative publicity.

System Name WTF it actually turns on!
Processor AMD FX-8350
Motherboard MSI 990fxa-gd80
Cooling Raystorm swiftech mcp655 xspc dual bay res Rx240 Rs240
Memory 16gb ddr3 1600
Video Card(s) Power color R9 280x
Storage 2x1tb+2x2tb seagates
Display(s) 27" Samsung S27B350H
Case Tt core v51
Power Supply CORSAIR GS700
It's a teraflop! lol ;)

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
4xxx series are the most commercial ati cards atm, I'm having to fight for a second 4850, stock keeps going out and being replaced with higher priced cards because of the financial crisis, regardless I failed to get a second HIS ICEQ4 because the price from 255 has been raised to around 290-310 AUD without shipping and I refuse to pay that much so I got the normal one for 290 including shipping.
So yes, they'd probably want the people with their latest chips to run it first because as mussels said "the problem with the older cards is that they'd be really slow. so their support might come later in order to prevent negative publicity." I doubt anyone is still buying 2xxx 3xxx series cards, because 4xxx series ranges from 70AUD - 900AUD and in most cases are all bangs for your buck. They really want to impress their latest buyers as some people are just recently switching to AMD ATI products.

Thats my own opinion and my own input to extend only my own theories to why they're only releasing it with the 4xxx series. Just wanted to share :)

System Name :3
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard
Cooling cm 212 EVO
Memory G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 275
Storage WD black 500gb Samsung 1tb
Display(s) 27" 1366x768 Olevia 527v
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ALC889
Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ac
Software Windows 8 pro
HD 2900 XT 1gb gddr4 isnt that slow :? it can keep up with the 8800 series cards and they run cuda stuff really well right?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
HD 2900 XT 1gb gddr4 isnt that slow :? it can keep up with the 8800 series cards and they run cuda stuff really well right?

ATI cant run cuda at all. and it may keep up with a G80 8800GTS 320MB, but it sure wont keep up with the G92 cards.

System Name White Theme

Thats true but there's hardly any of those cards being sold nowadays, I've looked before since I've wanted one but the price is way too high and its very rare to find a good online vendor selling it. People would more likely buy the 8800 series or 9800 series, since its a kick ass series and cost less with CUDA already supporting it.

In terms of 2900xt 1gb gddr4 keeping up with these cards. Its really only keeping up and with its price range of 300 - 500 AUD, its hardly worth it since 8800 and 9800 range from 190 - 400AUD.

ATI can't run CUDA that's why there's firestream. It will all depend on which companies are willing to give AMD the chance to integrate firestream with their applications and so far CUDA/PhysX for NVIDIA wins with a shit load of games/apps using their board's software.

Even so, I'm still very excited to see how firestream will benefit my crossfire setup :).

James1991

Processor i7 2600
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 EVO
Cooling lots and lots of fans
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) 2 x ATI(yes, ATI) Radeon 4850
Storage lots of 500 gb drives
Display(s) Acer P221W, LG L1732S, Samsung 32 inch HDTV
Case big one
Audio Device(s) onboard stuff
Power Supply big one
Software Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores boots into windows is that ok?
Even so, I'm still very excited to see how firestream will benefit my crossfire setup :).

a bit off topic but can you update your specs so we actually know you have crossfire and with what cards because it says you have one 4850:toast:

System Name :3
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard
Cooling cm 212 EVO
Memory G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 275
Storage WD black 500gb Samsung 1tb
Display(s) 27" 1366x768 Olevia 527v
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ALC889
Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ac
Software Windows 8 pro
umm, i didnt say it had cuda, i was refering to the fact i hope they support it since it has all the proper hardware.
also, i dont mean for people who dont already have one[value compareson], i have one, i would rather have an 8800 but i dont and im probably not gonna upgrade for a while :?

i guess i could be wrong about it having all the nessisary things but,.. i think so?

2900xt 1gb gddr4 kind of is pretty good at around 1ghz memory clocks or a little less, and 900mhz core. I'd say that keeps up with most things the 8800 series can do :? in games, and in benchmarks.

System Name White Theme
a bit off topic but can you update your specs so we actually know you have crossfire and with what cards because it says you have one 4850:toast:

Updated early just for you :p, wasn't planning to update my specs still I got all my upgrades here.

Sonido

System Name Sonido
I don't see how. Ati Stream is a GPGPU initiative, just as CUDA and has nothing to do with games. It's only going to be a flop for those who fabricated their hopes out of thin air IMHO.

It could be used for physics, but they lack software support. They don't want to use PhysX even when it's free to use AFAIK, because Nvidia owns it (I can understand, but not forgive*) and Intel owned Havok will not release GPU accelerated physics anytime soon, if ever. At least until they have desktop Larrabee out and I as said, even then, I wouldn't be so sure about GPU accelerated Havok, because Larrabee is x86...

*I don't forgive, because they say they don't support PhysX because they only support open standards, yet they DID support Havok publicly, which is Intel's and far from being open. Also Havok in Intel's hands means nothing but stagnation in physics use and progress into games. At least until they are ready to compete. Lame. And Lame AMD decided to support them.

That's my whole point. Many people thought "Oh, Man. I can't wait for the new update so I can play games with 100+ more FPS!". I just wanted to share the information I have gathered here. I also wanted to share the fact that they are making their SDK fully compatible with the Open standard.

Sonido

System Name Sonido

Totally correct. But the possibility of using this (for eample--enemy A.I), would mean that games wouldn't become such CPU hungry monsters. Yet, you are correct about the possibility of bugs due to crossing codes.

System Name White Theme
Drivers give you the increase in performance weather its 1 - 50 fps. The stream upgrade will only be a flop to people who think that it will magically give them 50fps++++.

Firestream = No FLOP. Just TeraFLOP.

Sonido

System Name Sonido
Drivers give you the increase in performance weather its 1 - 50 fps. The stream upgrade will only be a flop to people who think that it will magically give them 50fps++++.

Firestream = No FLOP. Just TeraFLOP.

That's why I posted it. But also to share the info with my TPU brethren.