• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE - General information and discussion

jcusimano2

Why doesn't raising the upper limit wo5rk right?

When I raise the upper limit in bios after flashing the stupid clocks go th wharever the lower limit is when that is incorrect. My lower limit is 780/925 and it goes to 800/1100 it has always done this to me but I have not wrote about it. Why does the raising of the upper limit not work correctly??

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
When I raise the upper limit in bios after flashing the stupid clocks go th wharever the lower limit is when that is incorrect. My lower limit is 780/925 and it goes to 800/1100 it has always done this to me but I have not wrote about it. Why does the raising of the upper limit not work correctly??

Your using method 1 to raise the Overdrive Limit? Then it is normal because with method 1 you also change the standard ram/gpu clock displayed in GPU-Z. The real clocks are programmed on the clock settings page.

jcusimano2

Thanks a lot Vuurvos for your help I do believe I understand now so can you answer one more question so are you saying that so if 1.263 & 1.276 are both just labels (and even though version 100 has a max of 1.276 & 105 has a max of 1.263) then both of these max voltages even though the labels are slightly different if I measured with a dimm 1.263 & 1.276 will be the exact same voltage?? So these voltages are the same just the labels are slightly different for the max on the different versions? & enabling superior play I thought was a dis advantage since it also lowered the max voltage but in reality the label just lowers a little but the voltage is the same. So having superior powerplay is a plus since you can lower idle volts = temps too.

Am I understanding this right??

Joe

jcusimano2

Your using method 1 to raise the Overdrive Limit? Then it is normal because with method 1 you also change the standard ram/gpu clock displayed in GPU-Z. The real clocks are programmed on the clock settings page.

Well actually even going to the clocks setting page my core would be 800 untill I opened & closed a 3D app and then it would bounce correctly to 780 & then back to 500 so I still haven't overcome this obstacle but don't care anymore since I am not using this feature anymore. I just flash 825/925 to state 3 with RBE & be done with it.

But I am curious as to if I have the voltage labels understood correctly in my previous post

Thank you

joe

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Totally correct:) If you post you bios, I could try to find out why it is bouncing that way.

jcusimano2

Totally correct:) If you post you bios, I could try to find out why it is bouncing that way.

here and right when you boot immediately go to the middle tab in Gpu-z (Clock settings)

Attachments

• 780900.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 397

ir_cow

Staff member
video card id

hey all, after doing other stuff for a while i came across the new version of RBE but i noticed that the new FirePros are named Gls

V3750 , V5700 , V7760 , V7770 , V8700 Duo ,V8750 all seem effected. i dont think is that big of a deal but might confuse some people as even on the Ati website its stated as "FirePro"

a_non_moose

I've been looking into RBE as Ati Tool seems to be unsupported on 4850's.

I've not come across any info on editing a HIS Radeon 4850 via browsing/searching, so I don't know
what to expect out of overclocking.

CCC tests up to 700Mhz core speed just fine, but doesn't seem to touch the memory.

Anyone seen any settings/experience floating around?

Spyral01

Hi all I got a question

I want to edit my HD 3870 device ID to HD 4850 or 4870
Reason is that the HD48xx cards get a lot of new feature in the drivers
E.g. Cat 8.12 stream,
Fan speed control
Dynamic contrast

If I edit the bios will these features work
And if something goes wrong can I revert back to the original Hd 3870 bios ?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Hi all I got a question

I want to edit my HD 3870 device ID to HD 4850 or 4870
Reason is that the HD48xx cards get a lot of new feature in the drivers
E.g. Cat 8.12 stream,
Fan speed control
Dynamic contrast

If I edit the bios will these features work
And if something goes wrong can I revert back to the original Hd 3870 bios ?

Dont do it. The HD4800 series has a diffrent gpu chip so the drivers and new features will not work.

38x0 BIOS editing

Has anyone else run into problems with CCC after modifying and flashing a BIOS? I've been tweaking my 3850 with RBE for the better part of a year now. It's a rather rare occurrence and I don't know what causes it but CCC will crash. Not the control panel itself, but some service that seems to be running.

I've tried lots of different clocks, different 2D/low3D/high3D settings. I've tried that "locked settings" check box. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the result of some incompatible BIOS settings, card instability (power management issues?) or something else. I'm editing my card's original BIOS (a GeCube 3850 Turbo 512MB PCIe). I have also referenced ATI OEM BIOSes from the database here.

Also, why do I still see the card's original clock speeds reported by various programs after a flash? For example, Everest will still see the original 725/900 settings when it reports clock speeds. After I've flashed to 750/950, it'll say I have a % overclock instead of those being the new default clocks. GPU-Z also sees the original clocks alongside the new flashed clocks. Are these still in the BIOS somewhere or stored in the drivers somehow?

Last edited:

kkbob33

4850 flash issues

I have been trying to flash my 4850 bios with a .rom i made with RBE1.8(http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...tor_v1.18.html). The flash works, its just that the drivers will not recognize them.

i have tried every driver from 8.10 and up with various different flashes and the only flash that the drivers will recognize is the stock bios.

I tried without increasing the voltage, increasing the voltage with the pulldown menu, and just rehashing the CCC limits.

Im kicking myself trying to figure out how i can maintain a high overclock with a voltmod to pair with a 4870

does anyone have any experience with this. Got a solution?

I am including the stock and hashed versions of the bios.

Attachments

• 4850.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 387

elloco

HD4850 and Clock States

Hi
sorry if the post does not go here.
I have a question about the HD4850 and the clock states. Because I want to change the low clocks (clock 01 and 07) to 160/500, the problem is that im using vista, so the VGA never use that clock because of the aero. So I wanted to know if i set the medium clocks (Clock 02 and 08) to 160/500 too, will have a problem because are the same as the low clocks or if vista will run slow.
Thanks in advance.

vanillaportal

i ran 160/500 on vista (w/AERO on) before, there was not slow down at all. for my powercolor card, powerplay uses clock 07 when I am on desktop (w/ AERO on).

kkbob33

I have been trying to flash my 4850 bios with a .rom i made with RBE1.8(http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...tor_v1.18.html). The flash works, its just that the drivers will not recognize them.

i have tried every driver from 8.10 and up with various different flashes and the only flash that the drivers will recognize is the stock bios.

I tried without increasing the voltage, increasing the voltage with the pulldown menu, and just rehashing the CCC limits.

Im kicking myself trying to figure out how i can maintain a high overclock with a voltmod to pair with a 4870

does anyone have any experience with this. Got a solution?

I am including the stock and hashed versions of the bios.

anyone?

V ii R u S

XpertVision HD4870 BIOS help needed

okay so ive tryed flashing my BIOS with atiflash, ive tryed to different BIOSes 1. Diamond HD4870 XOC black edition
2. ASUS top BIOS
both bricked my card, so i used a x1600xt to put the original BIOS back on my 4870.

next i tryed using RBE to edit the orginal BIOS, this worked, i tryed 825mhz core clock and Mem at 1000mhz, but i got throttling and artifacts on the last test of 3dm06. also it was stuttering all the way through.

Next i tryed modding the original BIOS again this time to 1100mem (i know my card can do this, with CCC no problem) and 810 core clock, but this time the driver wouldnt install >.<

i think it needs more voltage but in RBE it has a list of voltages that will work(4 of them) and my card is already running at the highest one. Can i set it to run at higher voltages or will it just revert to the nearest one in the list?

also does anyone know of a BIOS that works with a XpertVision Radeon HD4870 sonic dual edition 512mb? ive tryed looking for ages, but with no joy.
Im not totally sure if im getting artifacts because of lack of voltage or something else, can someone, anyone help please?

any help would be much appreicated:respect:

maxcherry2

HD 4850 Voltage in RBE how to get to 1.2v?

Hi I would like to say I think the work on these forums is great and the support you guys give is excellent.

I hope I can get some help to please.

I have a HD4850 512mb card it is a non reference made by Gigabyte.

I can open up the BIOS using RBE and I can modify the clocks no problem this all seems to work fine.

However when I first open the original BIOS RBE has checked the tick box saying it has been modified before?

All of the Voltages just have the 3 _ _ _ dashes so I think this means they are driver controlled.

Now I have seen on other peoples BIOS’s they have posted on the Extremesystems article that they have raised there stock voltage to 1.2v by changing these figures to over that some put 1.263V some put 1.3v some say it doesn’t matter if you put 1.4v because the card will only reach 1.2v which is fine by me as a starting point.

Now if I use any of the above voltages and flash the card it will post go to windows splash screen then goes off?

However if I use any of the preset voltages in the drop down box in RBE it flashes and works fine, however the maximum voltage I can select is 1.152 or something like that. Now the instructions for RBE seems to suggest you have to match the voltage with one of these amounts in the list so how can the others users seem to get away with any number? Or is the 1.152 in the BIOS giving me 1.2 at the card.

Gigabyte also has a windows app (I know!) that can raise the cards voltage and this seems to work it is called GUD however I have not got this loaded or enabled thoughts any of the above process I also have overdrive in CCC disabled.

Come on guys any thoughts? :rockout:

LiveWire195

Powercolor ATI HD 2600 XT Tech Issue

First of I have to say I love your software. I figured out how to use everything except when I overclock it past the stock clocks, the pc doesn't reconize the card, I have tried installing drivers again but no luck.

Any care to shed some light on my error?

Attachments

• tempbios.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
First of I have to say I love your software. I figured out how to use everything except when I overclock it past the stock clocks, the pc doesn't reconize the card, I have tried installing drivers again but no luck.

Any care to shed some light on my error?

Thanks. :) Try not changing the voltages, the vendor ID and the video card ID. Disable overdrive.

LiveWire195

I didn't modify the voltage and the vendor ID. I dont know how to disable overdrive

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
i'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here and say i absolutely love this program as well.
i've used it to edit my 4870's bios as well as 3 or 4 3870 bioses.