• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE Fan Control

frashman

Hi,

i just played around with this TechPowerUp ATI RBE Program. Modified my ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4850 BIOS.

My idea was, to get my Arctic Cooling TwinTurbo Fan always running at a minimum of 45%.

But instead of stay at a minimum duty of 45% it flips between 0% and 45% after my modification.

Any ideas?

My setup:
Tmin °C 60
Tmax °C 105
Tslope % 20
Duty cycle min %45

Hysteresis %0
Spin up cycle % 0 (also tested 45)
Tmin Hysteresis °C 4 (also tested 0)
Spin up time (units) 2 (also tested 0)

PWM RAMP enabled 1% (also tested disabled)

Thanks
Frashman

E

extr3me

Yes, this is tricky. I cannot find proper settings for my GPU too. If anyone knows a good one, please post it. Thank You.

E

extr3me

Well a bit of experimenting and i got it right. Under the fan settings tab menu there is a help link "What do all the settings mean". Open it and scroll down to the end. There are recommended settings for both auto ant look up table modes. To make it short the setting should look like this (view attachment). But this is only good as a start settings cause fan speed changes same way as temperature does (example: 30C-30%, 60C-60%). It needs a bit tuning. I recommend adjusting only "Hysteresis %" cause it makes fan to delay and not jumping so much as temperature does. I thin it should be somewhere between 15 and 25. I have set it to 25 at the present and it works fine. Just be aware of
"T min hysteresis" it made my fan stop. Good Luck.

Attachments

• Fan settings.JPG
    Fan settings.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,693
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
You only need to change the Tmin and the Duty cycle min. If the Tmin (NOT T min hysteresis!) is too high, the fan will stop after cooling it too much. So if you change it to zero, it will stay spinning until 0 degrees is reaced.