• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Rolls Out New GX733 17-inch Gaming Laptop

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
MSI today launched the GX733 17-inch gaming laptop with the company's exclusive Turbo Drive Engine Technology. The GX733 uses the newest AMD Turion X2 Ultra dual-core mobile processor, a powerful ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 3D video card with 512 MB DDR3 RAM, up to 4 GB system RAM, and a lot more to draw attention. Find more information below.

With MSI exclusive Turbo Drive Engine Technology, while the MSI GX733 is in AC mode, just touch the turbo button above the keyboard and you can increase the speed of your CPU. Your GX733 will run smoothly to the very best of its abilities.

GX733 provides with the enormous 17-inch LCD monitor for your viewing pleasure, achieve the ultimate realism experience whether you are playing games or watching a DVD. Equipped with the best and latest ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4670 3D Graphic Card (Build-in DDR3 512 VRAM) , exclusive MSI vivid image enhancement technology, GX733 can create the most astonishingly realistic audio and visual effects. Recognized and approved by the highest standards of Dolby Theater Class 5 speakers, delivering a real-life listening enjoyment.

Moreover, to deliver truly high performance computing power, the GX733 uses the newest AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor. So the GX733 can provide the freedom and flexibility while enjoying the game on the go.

Other multimedia applications include: the latest E- SATA support, high-definition multimedia interface, 2.0 mega pixels web cam for better internet chatting, DTV receiver (optional) so you can watch television shows on demand. All these to help you with a total relaxed environment so you can regroup again for the challenges ahead. Furthermore, wireless functions for easy internet connections anywhere and anytime.

The GX733 selects the brand new ECO Engine, the outstanding and unique power saving function by MSI Notebook, as the power management function to extend the battery running time while performing different tasks. Touch the ECO quick launch touch sensor repeatedly to switch among the 5 different modes - Gaming mode, Movie mode, Presentation mode, Office mode, and Turbo Battery mode while performing game applications, playing multimedia applications, performing presentation applications, dealing with office documentation tasks, or looking forward to minimizing the battery power consumption.

Exclusive Turbo Drive Engine Technology
- CPU Turbo Mode
With MSI exclusive Turbo Drive Engine Technology, while the GX733 is in AC mode, just by touching the turbo button above the keyboard, you can simultaneously increase the speed of your CPU, also the computer may run smoother and to the best of its abilities.

The Brand New Gaming Beauty Exterior Design
- The Combination of Aluminum Threads in Body Design
The outer body is once again surrounded with the ingenious flame design as an extension of the previous G-Series' unique element, symbolizing the essence of speed, marking the total presence of the G-Series. Furthermore, the new GX 720 has selected aluminum as the base for our exterior, giving it an outstanding sense of fashion. The high quality feel of the body added with the flames as the concept of speed, the GX733 is a must-have accessory for the modern stylish games obsessed with speed, a totally new experience in gaming.

- Aerodynamic Touch Sensor
The GX733 has applied the aerodynamic touchpad design, using a simple black mirror plate as base and red linings to accentuate the slickness of the faceplate. There are no added accessories, and under the icy colors evolve a sense of elegance and professionalism. It creates a sharp contrast to the red outer body, adding even more individualism to the GX733.

All you have to do is to touch gently on the touch sensor to start any applications while operating, just as simple as that.

- Futuristic 3 Dimensional Hi-Fi Speakers Design
The New GX733 has selected the metallic polishing process to accentuate the futuristic styling of the 3D speaker pores, fully displaying the brilliance of movement. Furthermore, the embedded high performance subwoofers design at the bottom of the computer can create shocking low-end effects. The audio experience is as real as it gets, providing a feast of sound like never before!

- W/A/S/D Highlight Buttons on the Keyboard
In addition, keeping the gamers' playing habits in mind, GX733 especially highlights W, A, S, D buttons on the keyboard, so the player can find the direction controls in record time. Every second counts when it comes to transitions in games! Keep the edge in the fast paced world of intense gaming competition.

Big Vision Means Big Enjoyment
17" LCD display provides a grand viewing experience for the ultimate viewing pleasure. With the high resolution, and the perfect length and width ration of 16:10 for the screen, in addition also being capable of displaying DVD caliber images for your gaming and viewing pleasures. Enjoy the thrill of feeling like being right there in the midst of the action.

The Unbelievable Visual Realism
- The ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4670 3D Graphic Card with DDR3 512 MB VRAM
The best ATi Mobility Radeon HD4670 3D Graphic Card with DDR3 512 MB VRAM delivers remarkable performance and an unsurpassed acceleration for spectacular gaming. Experience a more fluid, more detailed, more realistic 3D high-definition while playing the game or watching movie. Never a moment of delay to occur, feel the excitement!

- Exclusive MSI VIVID Image Enhancement Technology
MSI's exclusive VIVID LCD technology is able to display signals for a better richness in colors. Whether you are playing a computer game, editing images, or watching movies, the images are presented as 3-dimensional as it possibly gets.

The Ultimate Listening Pleasure Just Like Being Right There in Person
-HD Audio, 4 Speakers + 1 Sub Woofer
The GX733 is equipped with the theater-class bass speakers and four track audio recognized by Dolby Surround Sound, so you may experience the complete audio dimensions while gaming. The bass speakers can provide the most shocking low-end effects for more realism in sound. The gamers will enjoy the total thrills and excitement of being inside the game while playing in the most mundane places.

Abundant Entertainment
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface
Via a single cable, HDMI output connector not only enables 5Gbps data transfers, but also provides pristine transmission of high-definition digital video and digital audio up to 1080p resolution- allowing easy connection of HD enabled equipment such as HD monitor, HD TV, or HD projector for the best multimedia experience. With this impeccable video quality, the GX733 offers you the best way to enjoy your favorite movie titles and TV programs.

- Featuring the Latest E- SATA Support
GX733 supports the next-generation hard drives based on the Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s storage specification, delivering enhanced scalability and doubling the bus bandwidth for high-speed data retrieval and saves. So, this external SATA allows easily sharing and transfer of entertainment content and digital media on external devices.

- Built-In 2.0 Mega Pixel Webcam
You can create amazing videos, shoot still photos or add live videos of your instant messages while you chat.

- Independent Numeric Keypad
The GX733 has an independent numeric keypad to the right of the keyboard. Using this keypad is intuitive and requires no extra learning process on the part of the user.

- Create a High-Quality, All-Around, Wireless Living Space
802.11 b/g/n wireless networking standards and will get you on the Internet wirelessly anytime. Because of Bluetooth wireless transmission capability, you can also create a high quality digital living space all around.

Exclusive ECO Engine Power Management System
The GX733 selects the brand new ECO Engine, the outstanding and unique power saving function by MSI Notebook, as the power management function to extend the battery running time while performing different tasks.

Touch the ECO quick launch touch sensor repeatedly to switch among the 5 different modes - Gaming mode, Movie mode, Presentation mode, Office mode, and Turbo Battery mode while performing game applications, playing multimedia applications, performing presentation applications, dealing with office documentation tasks, or looking forward to minimizing the battery power consumption.

All you have to do is to touch lightly on the "ECO OFF" to return to the original setting.

Effective Performance
To deliver truly high performance computing power, the GX733 uses the newest AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor. So the GX733 can provide the freedom and flexibility while enjoying the game on the go.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
only if it came in a more portable friendly 15.4", then i'd be horny

Polarman

System Name Polar's Dragon
Processor AMD Phenom II 975BE
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD65 (Bios 18.7)
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9700 Led
Memory Gskill 8GB DDR3-1333 (8,8,8,21)
Video Card(s) MSI HD6870 Hawk
Storage WD Raptor 250 - WD RE4 500GB
Display(s) Samsung T240 (1920 X1200)
Case Silverstone Raven 2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750 (Red)
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit + SP1
They don't specify which CPU it has ? ZM-80,82,84,86 ?

Can i have one for my birthday?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
a 4670 gpu??? couldnt they have done better & put in a 4850mobility???

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
freedom eclipse...

the gpu from 7XX series laptops ... are in MXM format so .. you are free to change with a new one :)

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
freedom eclipse...

the gpu from 7XX series laptops ... are in MXM format so .. you are free to change with a new one :)

lets see YOU find an MXM 4850m or anything more powerful then the 4850M, buy it & put it in your laptop. I bet its so expensive youd have to sell your both your kidneys for funds, that IF you could find one. Would you fork out another huge wad of cash for a new MXM gpu right after buying this laptop???? I dont think so.

MxM cards arnt cheap. good luck to you mate.

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
freedomeclipse...

it's a laptop ... :) it's not a desktop :)

so...

the 4850m in mxm with all laptop are ~ 1500$

(in one laptop)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/remote-com...001N44U9O,B001FA1NZK,B001N44U94&tag=tec06d-20

so the card 4850m I belive is ~ 200-250$, I dont found one in a store but, on ebay will found one :)

if your kidneys is only 250$ one :) .... I think you are selling to low :)

the simple ideea is from start to buy a laptop with a better card...

but I say it's only a laptop :) also need to be portable , around 2.5-2.8 Kg

not a desktop replacement... :)

the mxm cards are rare and only a system builder can buy the mxm at a good price. I try to found a store /online store, from that I can buy parts for laptops... but no luck with mxm cards, only in second hand and only old chips (x1600, 7200, 6600)

and one smart Ideea :)

which is the most expensive skin?

...simple ... your skin is most expensive :)

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
freedomeclipse...

it's a laptop ... :) it's not a desktop :)

so...

the 4850m in mxm with all laptop are ~ 1500$

(in one laptop)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/remote-com...001N44U9O,B001FA1NZK,B001N44U94&tag=tec06d-20

so the card 4850m I belive is ~ 200-250$, I dont found one in a store but, on ebay will found one :)

if your kidneys is only 250$ one :) .... I think you are selling to low :)

the simple ideea is from start to buy a laptop with a better card...

but I say it's only a laptop :) also need to be portable , around 2.5-2.8 Kg

not a desktop replacement... :)

the mxm cards are rare and only a system builder can buy the mxm at a good price. I try to found a store /online store, from that I can buy parts for laptops... but no luck with mxm cards, only in second hand and only old chips (x1600, 7200, 6600)

and one smart Ideea :)

which is the most expensive skin?

...simple ... your skin is most expensive :)

you're not making any sense.

Firstly I know its laptop.

Secondly a Ati 4850mobility isnt a desktop replacement chip - If i wanted desktop replacement I would have gone with an SLi setup or whatevers currently the top mobile GPU 4870/9800M GTS

3rdly I know there are other laptops out there that do a laptop with a 4850 - but we're not talking about them. we are talking about this MSI laptop here.

as for regards to portabiliity - its a 17" laptop its not very portable anyway which MSI are trying to pass off as a 'Gaming' laptop but IMO the 4670 is a little underpowerd to push FPs@ for such big screen on a gaming laptop unless the prime target of the laptop is people who play MMO/RPGs like WoW & Lord Of The Rings Online which it is more suitable for.

IMO if youve already come this far to provide a steady base, then you might as well do the job properly. giving it a more powerful gpu wont make it that much heavier then it already is, & cooling inside that 17" should be fine.

seriously if your worried about portability - go buy a 10.1" netbook

System Name Daedalus | O'Neill | ZPM Hive |
Processor M3 Pro (11/14) | Epyc 7402p | i5 12400F |
Motherboard Apple M3 Pro | SM H11SSL-i | TUF B660M-E D4 |
Cooling Pure Silence | Noctua NH-U12S TR4 | Noctua NH-D14 |
Memory 18GB Unified | 128GB DDR4 | 16GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) M3 Pro | RTX 4070FE (VM) | ARC A750 LE |
Storage 512GB NVME | ALOT of SSD's | 1TB NVME |
Display(s) 14" 3024x1964 | IPMI | 1440p UW |
Case Macbook Pro 14" | NZXT H510 Flow| BC1 Test Bench |
Audio Device(s) Onboard | None | Onboard |
Power Supply ~ 77w Magsafe | EVGA 750w G3 | HX1000i |
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software MacOS Sonoma | Proxmox 8 | Win 11 x64 |
you're not making any sense.

Firstly I know its laptop.

Secondly a Ati 4850mobility isnt a desktop replacement chip - If i wanted desktop replacement I would have gone with an SLi setup or whatevers currently the top mobile GPU 4870/9800M GTS

The mobility HD4870 is merely a clocked mobility HD4850 (50mhz core bump which the latter can do without an issue - it should be noted though that the HD4870 mobility *can* come with GDDR5 memory although its very much down to the laptop supplier).

The 9800mGTS on the other hand is no where near the top of the pile and is slower than either HD48XX mobility card. It is a G94 based 64 stream processor card with slower clocks than its desktop equivilant (9600GT).

Thanks to its full (desktop 48xx) feature set the HD4850 / HD4870 mobility are both nearer the performance of the GTX280m (a heavily downclocked 9800GTX). In terms of desktop cards the HD4850 mobility is very near the HD4830 in raw performance figures. It has a slower core clock but more shaders so in theory the performance should be very similar.

I should also point out that MSI do do a laptop with the HD4850 in it called the GT725 ( I have the same laptop albeit under the Advent branding). The GT725 is available in the UK at roughly £1125 (or £150 more than I paid for my Advent :shadedshu). I assume this GX733 will be roughly £200 cheaper than the GT725.

The GPU should have enough grunt although no doubt it will struggle in the latest games unless settings are turned down.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
The mobility HD4870 is merely a clocked mobility HD4850 (50mhz core bump which the latter can do without an issue - it should be noted though that the HD4870 mobility *can* come with GDDR5 memory although its very much down to the laptop supplier).

The 9800mGTS on the other hand is no where near the top of the pile and is slower than either HD48XX mobility card. It is a G94 based 64 stream processor card with slower clocks than its desktop equivilant (9600GT).

my point being their more powerful then the 4670 therefore being more 'gaming' worthy - this is like what youd get if you stick a Mini engine inside a Farrari - all looks but no bite. whats next? people flogging netbooks off as gaming grade bits of kit??

Blacksniper87

Processor E8400 @ 3.00 GHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K/EPU
Cooling Stock Heatsink
Memory 4gb in 2x 2 GB 1066 MHZ Corsair Dominators
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 280
Storage 2 x Seagate 500 GB
Display(s) Samsung 275t
Case Coolermaster Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Razor Barracuda
Power Supply Unknown
Software Vista Ultimate x64
okay the laptop looks good but unfortunatly it sucks compared to a sager 5797 from pc torque