• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI 4890 BIOS Loading issues with RBE.

thaddyusmaximus

I got the MSI 4890 from ewiz. I'm all little disappointed with the results. I can only get 940 on the core. Well anyways i'm having trouble loading my original BIOS file. I tried using GPU-Z and WinFlash but I get the same error when loading "not ATI BIOS". I think because it is the MSI version. Any one have an original 4890 BIOS file. I just one to up the core voltage so i can get higher core speeds.

nafets

You can adjust voltages without editing your BIOS and reflashing your card. Just use Rivatuner.

Rivatuner has the same voltage adjusting functionality as the Asus Voltage Tweak software, and works on any current reference HD4890.

Check out this page for instructions on where to get and how to install Rivatuner and the necessary HD4890 configuration file.

Next you'll need VoltageFactory v1.10, which provides an easy to use GUI interface to adjust the voltages on your HD4890. Just point the program to your Rivatuner directory.

Then you should be good to go with overvolting your HD4890, without having to mess with your BIOS.

Polarman

System Name Polar's Dragon
Processor AMD Phenom II 975BE
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD65 (Bios 18.7)
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9700 Led
Memory Gskill 8GB DDR3-1333 (8,8,8,21)
Video Card(s) MSI HD6870 Hawk
Storage WD Raptor 250 - WD RE4 500GB
Display(s) Samsung T240 (1920 X1200)
Case Silverstone Raven 2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply PC Power&Cooling Silencer 750 (Red)
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit + SP1

thaddyusmaximus

You can adjust voltages without editing your BIOS and reflashing your card. Just use Rivatuner.

Rivatuner has the same voltage adjusting functionality as the Asus Voltage Tweak software, and works on any current reference HD4890.

Check out this page for instructions on where to get and how to install Rivatuner and the necessary HD4890 configuration file.

Next you'll need VoltageFactory v1.10, which provides an easy to use GUI interface to adjust the voltages on your HD4890. Just point the program to your Rivatuner directory.

Then you should be good to go with overvolting your HD4890, without having to mess with your BIOS.

I don't think the voltages are sticking. I still cannot get past 940 core. Do you have to leave VoltageFactory open for the voltage to change? Is the voltage change a 1 time thing or do I have to keep loading the settings and applying voltage change? Is there an app that measures current GPU Core Voltage. I tried looking in GPU-Z and could not find any voltage

thaddyusmaximus

OK I've found the plugin to monitor the voltage using riva tuner. It looks like the voltage is changing and i'm reaching my core limit which is 940:shadedshu. This is what sucks about buying things online. If your not happy with the product you got to either pay shipping back, pay restocking fee or sometimes even both.