• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Attention all TPU WCG members: Please read!!

123bob

Xtreme Refugee
For the guys who wish to use it, I photo-chopped up a joint effort avatar. Thanks goes to the original creator of the avatar (Was this you 123bob?). I am not "taking credit" for that persons work just adding to it if you you would like to use it. :)

h3llb3nd4 did the original workup of the design. I took it and and modified it. I like what you've done with it too.

Bob

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium
Just signed up my work computer. Its hidden so IT (my brother) doesn't find it. Hehehe.

I guess I get on that list too? I dunno, no matter to me. I figured might as well, and no way I'm going to make this thing F@H. Little E4500 would puke its innards out.

System Name Ultimate Vortex III
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8Gb) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
Video Card(s) Asus RX5700-8G Radeon RX 5700
Storage 2 x WD Blue SN550 1Tb NVMe in RAID 0 Striped Set
Display(s) TUF Gaming VG279QL1A 165 Hz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Pro 5 ARGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Coolermaster Silent Pro 850W
Mouse Corsair RGB
Keyboard K70 Rapidfire with Cherry MX Speed
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Just signed up my work computer. Its hidden so IT (my brother) doesn't find it. Hehehe.

I guess I get on that list too? I dunno, no matter to me. I figured might as well, and no way I'm going to make this thing F@H. Little E4500 would puke its innards out.

I have it going on my crappy Athlon 800Mhz :laugh: It takes about 1 day per result but hey it all helps right?

123bob

Xtreme Refugee
Powered up a bit tonight for our WCG/F@H effort....

(Note - I'm going to duplicate this post somewhere in the F@H forum.)

In light of Mindweaver's and other folder's commitment to this cooperative effort to max out both of our teams, I have a bit of a power up for the folding capability of my here-to-fore WCG only crunching farm. Kudos to you guys for bringing all the crunching power to our WCG team...:toast: It has been noticed...

These will go on the TPU folding team as soon as I can get them shoved in and set up. I would expect "123bob's" stats at F@H to go up a bit quicker....;):laugh: Four copies of 260-216 overclocked goodness....

Thx to my XS teammate, 4x4n for the suggestion. :toast: I looked at Fry's today and lo and behold, these were on special for $169 each. From this link, it looks like a bargain considering the shipping...

As most of the "older" :) WCG team members know, I crunch a fairly extensive quad farm for XS WCG. That's my home crunching team. I have brought that full power here twice. (Second only to Rammie, but what can I say, that dude's crazy....:laugh: Actually, I'm skipping i7/Gainstown and waiting for 32nm...;)) The first time was to say thanks for hosting us when XS went down for a bit.

The second time was to help push us over the top with the 1 million PPD criteria that allowed us to get this subforum. When I left, I kept one good quad on the TPU team under "123bob_TPU". My main farm is still under "123bob" for Xtreme.

I believe in this team. That's why I left a quad. I had suggested that some trade between the F@H and WCG teams would be beneficial for all of us, and more importantly, for humanity... You guys took that, ran with it, and made it yours. KUDOS to all, WCG and F@H!!

With the growth of this cooperative effort, we have folks, like Mindweaver, sticking everything they have on WCG. I appreciate that. What it did was make me realize that my farm was not living up to it's possible potential. When I crunch, I could give a shizz about GPUs. I'm running $3 Ebay Virge cards, made in 1995. All of those machines have 2 PCIe x16 slots sitting empty on the mobos....:eek: For $169 each slot, that's what I call a cheap upgrade to the farm. I have lots more GPU space that I could add to the farm. We'll see how these run, and how the price per production works out on these first four.

As a farmer, I looked ahead and tried to buy PSUs wisely. Most of the farm has 750 watt Silverstone PSUs that have been rock solid. Of course, I didn't need that capacity for the job at hand. I just knew there was a reason to spend the extra 20 bucks and go bigger on a building block like a PSU....(Lesson here, think strategically when you build crunchers or folders...)

So, there you have it. Time to quit typing and start installing!!

My best to you, all crunchers and folders out there,
Bob

Last edited:
D

Duxx

In light of Mindweaver's and other folder's commitment to this cooperative effort to max out both of our teams, I have a bit of a power up for the folding capability of my here-to-fore WCG only crunching farm. Kudos to you guys for bringing all the crunching power to our WCG team...:toast: It has been noticed...

These will go on the TPU folding team as soon as I can get them shoved in and set up. I would expect "123bob's" stats at F@H to go up a bit quicker....;):laugh: Four copies of 260-216 overclocked goodness....

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/123bob_bucket/680i install pics/bfgcards.jpg

Thx to my XS teammate, 4x4n for the suggestion. :toast: I looked at Fry's today and lo and behold, these were on special for $169 each. From this link, it looks like a bargain considering the shipping...

As most of the "older" :) WCG team members know, I crunch a fairly extensive quad farm for XS WCG. That's my home crunching team. I have brought that full power here twice. (Second only to Rammie, but what can I say, that dude's crazy....:laugh: Actually, I'm skipping i7/Gainstown and waiting for 32nm...;)) The first time was to say thanks for hosting us when XS went down for a bit.

The second time was to help push us over the top with the 1 million PPD criteria that allowed us to get this subforum. When I left, I kept one good quad on the TPU team under "123bob_TPU". My main farm is still under "123bob" for Xtreme.

I believe in this team. That's why I left a quad. I had suggested that some trade between the F@H and WCG teams would be beneficial for all of us, and more importantly, for humanity... You guys took that, ran with it, and made it yours. KUDOS to all, WCG and F@H!!

With the growth of this cooperative effort, we have folks, like Mindweaver, sticking everything they have on WCG. I appreciate that. What it did was make me realize that my farm was not living up to it's possible potential. When I crunch, I could give a shizz about GPUs. I'm running $3 Ebay Virge cards, made in 1995. All of those machines have 2 PCIe x16 slots sitting empty on the mobos....:eek: For $169 each slot, that's what I call a cheap upgrade to the farm. I have lots more GPU space that I could add to the farm. We'll see how these run, and how the price per production works out on these first four.

As a farmer, I looked ahead and treid to buy PSUs wisely. Most of the farm has 750 watt Silverstone PSUs that have been rock solid. Of course, I didn't need that capacity for the job at hand. I just knew there was a reason to spend the extra 20 bucks and go bigger on a building block like a PSU....(Lesson here, think strategically when you build crunchers or folders...)

Bob

Do appreciate all the help! Crunch on! :D

Processor Q9550 @3.8
Motherboard Asus Maximus Extreme
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 2x HD4870 512MB
Storage 2x 500GB
Display(s) 3x LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen LCD
Case Modded TJ07
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply PC P&C Silencer 750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Very nice upgrade Bob :)
Those 260's are a great PPD/price upgrade, nice deal you got there.Even run stock you should see ~6000PPD but you can always OC them for a bigger PPD.

Thanks for your contribution to the team.

EDIT: I was just thinking and laughing...this will ruffle some members feathers and have them looking over their shoulder :)

123bob

Xtreme Refugee
Those 260's are a great PPD/price upgrade, nice deal you got there.Even run stock you should see ~6000PPD but you can always OC them for a bigger PPD.

EDIT: I was just thinking and laughing...this will ruffle some members feathers and have them looking over their shoulder :)

....and make them run over to Fry's??? No worries. The one near me will be out of them shortly after open tomorrow.....;) They only had five left after tonight....:laugh::):rockout:

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium

Oh my freaking god he's doing this just to get at me! :p

Nah seriously 123bob, good to see you aboard and going overboard like a few of us do. This might however help perforate my wallet though as I will be driven to finish my farm sooner. Well, its either this or a girlfriend and so far Folding hasn't tried to change me into something I'm not already. Say, is it better tax wise to be married to folding? Do you get some sort of break?

Mouse Corsair RGB
I still need to setup my F@H....I just might do so today.

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/123bob_bucket/680i install pics/bfgcards.jpg

As a farmer, I looked ahead and tried to buy PSUs wisely. Most of the farm has 750 watt Silverstone PSUs that have been rock solid. Of course, I didn't need that capacity for the job at hand. I just knew there was a reason to spend the extra 20 bucks and go bigger on a building block like a PSU....(Lesson here, think strategically when you build crunchers or folders...)

Bob

Damn, I wish there was a Fry's near me!!:mad:

Hmm.. I have an E8600 and i will help if i don't notice any bad slow downs. I already fold with an 8800GTS most of the time.

4x4n

Xtreme Refugee
Processor 3950x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling Custom water
Memory 4x8gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580
Storage Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Asus 24"
Case Phanteks Evolve X
Power Supply Seasonic 650
Very nice Bob. :toast: Now send a couple of those my way. :D

123bob

Xtreme Refugee
Oh my freaking god he's doing this just to get at me! :p

Nah seriously 123bob, good to see you aboard and going overboard like a few of us do. This might however help perforate my wallet though as I will be driven to finish my farm sooner. Well, its either this or a girlfriend and so far Folding hasn't tried to change me into something I'm not already. Say, is it better tax wise to be married to folding? Do you get some sort of break?

No tax break, but the farm doesn't have to go shopping quite as often...and my farm likes me just the way I am....:laugh:

Very nice Bob. :toast: Now send a couple of those my way. :D

Isn't there a Fry's up your way? I'd hurry though, I'll bet they will sell these out quick. :laugh: Thx again for suggesting them. :toast:

Bob

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Isn't there a Fry's up your way? I'd hurry though, I'll bet they will sell these out quick. :laugh: Thx again for suggesting them. :toast:

Bob

There is and as a matter fact, it is closer to you than me 4X4n:D If didn't jumped on some 9800GTX+'s, I' grab two of those:cool:

Mouse Corsair RGB
Okay....I finally figured it out :)

mike047

System Name home/farm
Processor 11quads/1 dual quad/2 dueces
Motherboard Gigabyte/Tyan/Mac
Cooling air
Memory DDR2 800-1066
Video Card(s) 3-260/2-250/2-8800/4-9600/2-9800
Storage yes
Power Supply Cheap Rosewill/Mac
Software 2-XP32/1-XP64/12-Ubuntu/1-Mac
Benchmark Scores No benchies, just a cruncher:)

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Hey.. Hey.. I know I'm a new folder.. but I started out folding... Can I be on the list? :respect:

mike047

System Name home/farm
Cooling air
Memory DDR2 800-1066
Storage yes
I am also working "both" sides of the fence:D

WCG Blue Bird
FAH mike047

Not much but a little of both:rockout:

System Name :3
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard
Cooling cm 212 EVO
Memory G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 275
Storage WD black 500gb Samsung 1tb
Display(s) 27" 1366x768 Olevia 527v
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ALC889
Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ac
Software Windows 8 pro
whats the likelyhood of me getting folding@home running well on my 2900xt? its a much more powerfull beast than the 8600gts was [sold it to buy my tuniq tower 120 that should be delivered today]

having a lot of issues with it, sometimes it starts folding and fails right away, sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything at all...

EDIT: never mind, figured out that only certain work units mess it up, i wonder if there is any way to avoid them

Last edited:
System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
BOINC works with GPU's with the more recent clients, didn't see mention of this anywhere.

mike047

System Name home/farm
Cooling air
Memory DDR2 800-1066
Storage yes
BOINC works with GPU's with the more recent clients, didn't see mention of this anywhere.

6.4.5 and above, at least that's what is need at GPU Grid.

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
I would love to know if my lame ass HD4000 can do anything for the F@H team? I don't expect so but, I would do it if I could! :toast:

Norton

Moderator - Returning from the Darkness
Staff member
System Name Main PC- Gamer- Main Cruncher/Folder and too many crunching/folding rigs
Processor Ryzen 5900X- Ryzen 5950X- Ryzen 3950X and etc...
Motherboard Asrock X570 Extreme4- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WiFi- MSI B450M Bazooka Max and etc...
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (dual fan)- EK 360 AIO with push/pull fans- Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT and etc...
Memory 2x16GB GSkill FlareX 3200/c14- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600/c16- 2x16GB Team 3600/c18 and etc..
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming RX 6800- Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC- MSI Ventus GTX 1660Ti and etc...
Storage Main PC (1TB WD SN850- 2TB PNY CS 3040- 2TB Seagate Firecuda) and etc...
Display(s) Main PC (2x24" Dell UltraSharp U2414H)
Case Phanteks P600s- Seasonic Q704- Fractal Meshify C and etc...
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 THX 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 G3- SeaSonic DGC 750- EVGA P2 850 and etc...
Mouse G300s
Keyboard Corsair K65
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Why sit on the Bench when you can get in the game and Crunch!!!