• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to bring GPU back.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Well its no secret that I'm a huge video game fan. With that being said I would like to see an official launch of GPU "Gamepowerup". From what I understand the reason it wasn't launched is because it lacked "vision" and or traffic. So this thread is a plea to all those including Wizz to try and form a "vision" for GPU. All ideas are welcome and I can just hope if something can be worked out Wizz will at least look into it?

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
First, I would like to say thanks, MailMan, for being one of the handful of us who still believe that GPU can be a viable addition to TPU. That being said, let me outline the single most important issue that came up and perhaps you can give them some thought as to how it can be overcome...

How to make GPU different than the other 2 million gaming websites out there now. What could we do to draw people that the likes of IGN, Gamershell, etc. etc. have not done. What can we do to make people want to come to GPU instead of going there?

TPU's success is due to a couple of things.
1) TPU has excellent and timely news reporting. This can be accomplished on GPU also with dedicated news people.
2) TPU has excellent reviews. This is a much larger hurdle for GPU as game reviews are much more time consuming than hardware reviews. In a gaming review you have to play through the enitre game (some of them dozens of hours) in order to due justice to a review ... and we are still not talking about how games perform on various hardware setup and the resources required to get that information.
3) TPU is known for its software utilites that are available. This is another realm in which GPU would have to build upon. This requires dedicated coders and the like to create new and useful tools that games would want.

As with any new venture, you must start somewhere, even if it is small. But the vision that was missing was, "Where does this lead to". We can always start, but where are we going and why?

Throw away you preconcieved ideas of a gaming website, because unless it is unique it will just be another gaming website clone. We put in hundreds of hours scouring the web for news and moderating the site, but it must be more than that if it is to succeed. That is why W1zz took it down. If you have a dream, let's hear it.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
What killed GPU IMO was the layout, the fact that people don't want to register at two forums (see generalnonsense.net), and that W1z was the only one that could post game reviews. Quite frankly, W1z is nightmare to review for (Which is why his reviews are so good) and when you finally think you got it right, you submit to him, he gets back two days later and shows you your screwups, so you fix em, rinse and repeat several times.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
JC, my friend, I respectfully disagree with you.
The layout was similar to TPU, which does well.
The issue is that GPU must be able to stand on its own as a site apart from TPU.
You want TPU members to go to GPU, but it must be able to attract visitors on its own whether they like TPU or not.

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
JC, my friend, I respectfully disagree with you.
The layout was similar to TPU, which does well.
The issue is that GPU must be able to stand on its own as a site apart from TPU.
You want TPU members to go to GPU, but it must be able to attract visitors on its own whether they like TPU or not.

Yes, but since it wasn't technically published yet, we were relying on traffic from TPU to get it going, which we failed to get. Bout the only outside traffic were spam bots. I remember some peope complaining about the layout, I personally didn't mind it.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
3) TPU is known for its software utilites that are available. This is another realm in which GPU would have to build upon. This requires dedicated coders and the like to create new and useful tools that games would want.
There's several apps on TPU that could/should be moved over to GPU. For sure the TDU Launcher, Bully Display Settings Editor, and Monkey Kombat Solution Calculator. I think there is a few others. In any case, I make apps for games when the mood strikes me.

I think the Games section would have to be treated like the General Nonsense section for GPU to take off (cannot create new threads--main title links to GPU).

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
First, I would like to say thanks, MailMan, for being one of the handful of us who still believe that GPU can be a viable addition to TPU. That being said, let me outline the single most important issue that came up and perhaps you can give them some thought as to how it can be overcome...

How to make GPU different than the other 2 million gaming websites out there now. What could we do to draw people that the likes of IGN, Gamershell, etc. etc. have not done. What can we do to make people want to come to GPU instead of going there?

1) TPU has excellent and timely news reporting. This can be accomplished on GPU also with dedicated news people.
2) TPU has excellent reviews. This is a much larger hurdle for GPU as game reviews are much more time consuming than hardware reviews. In a gaming review you have to play through the enitre game (some of them dozens of hours) in order to due justice to a review ... and we are still not talking about how games perform on various hardware setup and the resources required to get that information.

As with any new venture, you must start somewhere, even if it is small. But the vision that was missing was, "Where does this lead to". We can always start, but where are we going and why?

Throw away you preconcieved ideas of a gaming website, because unless it is unique it will just be another gaming website clone. We put in hundreds of hours scouring the web for news and moderating the site, but it must be more than that if it is to succeed. That is why W1zz took it down. If you have a dream, let's hear it.

EXACTLY my thinking

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
hm .gifgood idea mailman if it did happen it needs new different ideas to make it stand out from the rest, and beleive me theirs alot out there, some now even with emulation threads allowed, obviously no talk of how to get roms is allowed or illegal activity (which results in bans)
me thinks they should appoint you as a moderator on this subject
(no where else though as you might become to naughty handing out bans and infractions:laugh:)

so yes ideas are needed guys
what does everyone want to see over there
oh and please guys no arguing it'll only result in this thread being closed
and i would like to see gpu
so please wizz.gif have a think about it cheers.gif

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I think a long distance vision should be a 3D web browser for use with GPU and other sites. As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet and could easily be the web browser of the future.

As to reviews, why not have different reviewers focus on separate parts of the game (break up the work a bit)? For instance, one reviewer might care most about the graphics of a game and another might care most about gameplay. Merge the two or more reviews and you have a lengthy, thorough, multi-faceted review.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I really think GPU is a bad idea. TPU is excellent and pretty well known, and a GPU would just consume time for the admin/mods. Kreijs post described everything.

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
As to reviews, why not have different reviewers focus on separate parts of the game (break up the work a bit)? For instance, one reviewer might care most about the graphics of a game and another might care most about gameplay. Merge the two or more reviews and you have a lengthy, thorough, multi-faceted review.

The problem with that is the vastly different reviewer styles and layouts.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold

Well reviews I think are the secret. However let me cover a few points you made.

1. I think/feel we could in fact do the reporting and reviewing. I post stuff all the time thats "hot off the press" and with a few more jokers like me we would have one great site for news.

2. Reviews. Ill get to my idea in a minute.

3. This what you suggested is beyond my personal knowledge. After a while I'm sure we could get someone involved that could develop something like FRAPS but I think we need some kind of foundation for that person or developer to launch from.

Ok here is an idea I've had for sometime. All game sites do a review and its usually one persons point of view which represents the sites point of view. My idea would to be put the review in the hands of the members. We could have a "master" review that would be the official review of the site. This review would be a full and classic style rundown of the whole game. The reviewer would assign some kind of score and then hand it over to the members for their point of view.

Each member would get the opportunity to enter their score and that would increase or decrease the original reviewers score. If we did this it not only would be the first site on the web to review games this way but the first of its kind anywhere that I've seen. Each game would have a true gaming community review. It would also keep the site from being accused of "payoffs" by developers. It would truly be a 100% honest review by the people for the people.

Anyway thats one idea.

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Well reviews I think are the secret. However let me cover a few points you made.

1. I think/feel we could in fact do the reporting and reviewing. I post stuff all the time thats "hot off the press" and with a few more jokers like me we would have one great site for news.

2. Reviews. Ill get to my idea in a minute.

3. This what you suggested is beyond my personal knowledge. After a while I'm sure we could get someone involved that could develop something like FRAPS but I think we need some kind of foundation for that person or developer to launch from.

Ok here is an idea I've had for sometime. All game sites do a review and its usually one persons point of view which represents the sites point of view. My idea would to be put the review in the hands of the members. We could have a "master" review that would be the official review of the site. This review would be a full and classic style rundown of the whole game. The reviewer would assign some kind of score and then hand it over to the members for their point of view.

Each member would get the opportunity to enter their score and that would increase or decrease the original reviewers score. If we did this it not only would be the first site on the web to review games this way but the first of its kind anywhere that I've seen. Each game would have a true gaming community review. It would also keep the site from being accused of "payoffs" by developers. It would truly be a 100% honest review by the people for the people.

Anyway thats one idea.

That'ss a great idea for reviewing, but again, the reviewers need to have the power to post it themselves, or at least have more than one person dedicated to posting them. It was annoying waiting for W1z, which is why I stopped doing them.

It's tough to put 8 or 9 hours into a review, then wait two days for W1z to tell you to recheck it for errors, but not tell you where, then find them, then resubmit, then wait another two days, then get told to recheck it again. Then resubmit and have W1z rewrite some of your hard work because he didn't like something, even though it passed the scrutiny of your fellow reviewers. There was very little room to be yourself in the reviews.

W1z does great stuff, but he wants his reviewers to be carbon copies of his style. It works, but it's tough on the unpaid staff. If there were at least two more editors (Kreji and Kursah always had my vote) there would have been MANY more reviews.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
That'ss a great idea for reviewing, but again, the reviewers need to have the power to post it themselves, or at least have more than one person dedicated to posting them. It was annoying waiting for W1z, which is why I stopped doing them.

It's tough to put 8 or 9 hours into a review, then wait two days for W1z to tell you to recheck it for errors, but not tell you where, then find them, then resubmit, then wait another two days, then get told to recheck it again. Then resubmit and have W1z rewrite some of your hard work because he didn't like something, even though it passed the scrutiny of your fellow reviewers. There was very little room to be yourself in the reviews.

W1z does great stuff, but he wants his reviewers to be carbon copies of his style. It works, but it's tough on the unpaid staff. If there were at least two more editors (Kreji and Kursah always had my vote) there would have been MANY more reviews.
8 hours on a review? Man thats seems like a lot. Did you ever read my review on Wolfenstein? People loved that review and I did it in about an hour and a half.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Here's my idea...

GPU would have members making the reviews, not just the site admin/staff. Of course this opens a very wide gate, allowing both brilliance and rubbish. A system similar to the one we use for our news section here at TPU would be put into place... only "trusted" individuals would be allowed to create threads in the reviews section (admins/mods/staff what have you), but regular members would be allowed to submit their reviews to these trusted individuals somehow. Perhaps there would be a sticky thread containing a message like "Want to write a review? Follow this template (I'll explain later) and send a private message to any of these users: (user names go here)". Now about the template... the template would be a rubric of sorts, used both by site staff and members so that only quality reviews are produced with all the key aspects of a game review are covered... gameplay, performance (include system specs) etc.

Also, since opinions are like assholes (everyone has one), ideally there should be multiple reviews written about the same game. For example, if I wrote a review about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl, it would receive a lot of praise and a very high score... yet my Uncle would write an entirely different review because he thinks the game is boring.

That is the beauty of GPU that will attract members. The ability for members to produce their own reviews and the fact that there would be multiple reviews written about the same game, ideally removing bias and producing many opinions.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Here's my idea...

GPU would have members making the reviews, not just the site admin/staff. Of course this opens a very wide gate, allowing both brilliance and rubbish. A system similar to the one we use for our news section here at TPU would be put into place... only "trusted" individuals would be allowed to create threads in the reviews section (admins/mods/staff what have you), but regular members would be allowed to submit their reviews to these trusted individuals somehow. Perhaps there would be a sticky thread containing a message like "Want to write a review? Follow this template (I'll explain later) and send a private message to any of these users: (user names go here)". Now about the template... the template would be a rubric of sorts, used both by site staff and members so that only quality reviews are produced with all the key aspects of a game review are covered... gameplay, performance (include system specs) etc.

Also, since opinions are like assholes (everyone has one), ideally there should be multiple reviews written about the same game. For example, if I wrote a review about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl, it would receive a lot of praise and a very high score... yet my Uncle would write an entirely different review because he thinks the game is boring.

That is the beauty of GPU that will attract members. The ability for members to produce their own reviews and the fact that there would be multiple reviews written about the same game, ideally removing bias and producing many opinions.

Isn't that what I just said? :banghead:

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
8 hours on a review? Man thats seems like a lot. Did you ever read my review on Wolfenstein? People loved that review and I did it in about an hour and a half.

It's not the people that you have to impress, it's the boss. W1z demands a long review with plenty of pics, each section reviewed to the last detail. It has to be professional.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
It's not the people that you have to impress, it's the boss. W1z demands a long review with plenty of pics, each section reviewed to the last detail. It has to be professional.
Not for nothing man but maybe you just were not cut out to write reviews? Maybe W1zz is that tough but then again maybe you were not that good. I don't know but 8+ hours writing seems a bit steep.

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
Isn't that what I just said? :banghead:

Pretty much, just rephrased. But I do admit, I like what you are saying TheMailMan.
I think we should do a test run here on TPU and see how it works. (Any of the ideas anyone comes up with)
And maybe, if it kicks off, then send it off to GPU. That is, if it would work here at TPU

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Pretty much, just rephrased. But I do admit, I like what you are saying TheMailMan.
I think we should do a test run here on TPU and see how it works. (Any of the ideas anyone comes up with)
And maybe, if it kicks off, then send it off to GPU. That is, if it would work here at TPU

We could try. Thats up to W1zz but you have to think hardware is a little different. I mean how many people are going to but the same case and score it ya know? Games are in everyones price range. Just food for thought.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
As a huge gamer, GPU seemed like a great site. But as stated, there was nothing special about it to really push the site off the ground. Barely any traffic was being generated on that site.(and the actual traffic generated was mostly just TPU members).

I would love to see GPU come back tho.:)

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would prefer video reviews. Sorry for those who don't have the right equipment, or sound like a chorus of bullfrogs when they narrate, but I think clips of the game in action are a must. I would much rather see in real time what you are discussing, and I think it can give the reader/watcher a much better overall feel for the game, and judge for themselves whilst you (the reviewer) judges the game.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would prefer video reviews. Sorry for those who don't have the right equipment, or sound like a chorus of bullfrogs when they narrate, but I think clips of the game in action are a must. I would much rather see in real time what you are discussing, and I think it can give the reader/watcher a much better overall feel for the game, and judge for themselves whilst you (the reviewer) judges the game.

I like that idea. Just not for EVERY game. Maybe just the major releases?

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I like the items MailMan and Hat are throwing around, but I think it would be a editing nightmare to filter out the tards from the experienced gamers with decent language skills.

My Two Cents: I haven't been here long enough to know anything about GPU. I stopped trusting a lot of review sites because it lacked honesty. Games are praised for mediocre accomplishments, and great games get shafted at times for being "too complex for the average gamer". I personal find the use of this statement in a review insulting and demeaning. I get sick of games getting their 1 unique aspect (usually some fair way to cheat) as being ground breaking. That is just plain crap.

If you want GPU to be something unique, honesty would be a start. No inflated review score scale, and no twisted personal opinion because it is or isn't your favorite genre. Give a honest personal opinion about the game as a whole, details about likes and dislikes. I could do without a score too. A final "would I buy it?", "would I recommend you buy it?", "should I rent it first?", etc. would be a refreshing change.

I don't really care about tools when it comes to gaming. My computer, hell yes, but my games...don't really see what you can offer their. We already have tons of IM, VOIP, frame rate calculates, and update finders out their so I personally could live without this.

I do have to agree you would need more man power to pull something like that off (though I am not sure how large TPU staff really is). Some games are just too damned long to review in a timely manner. I personally wouldn't mind that much because their are only 3 games I have ever bought they day they came out. I would love to wait 2 to 3 weeks for a honest, well done review; and while I know I am not alone on that note, I don't have a clue as to how large an audience it would actually be.

If it helps. I know one thing that would help. Provide the users with some simple review tools to help with the review to take some of the workload on the staff. We could say provide images of sections of the game at specific resolutions and/or on certain hardware. Frame rate figures, build in benchmarks (for computer games with them), or poll info. for reference in review to justify statements like "the vehicle handling felt a bit stiff and unrealistic, but 75% of the GPU pop. found to be a minor annoyance." (Example). Basically we can help in areas where you trust us not to be able to mess up.

JC316

Processor AMD FX6300
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Not for nothing man but maybe you just were not cut out to write reviews? Maybe W1zz is that tough but then again maybe you were not that good. I don't know but 8+ hours writing seems a bit steep.

It's a matter of opinion, but everyone that read my reviews loved them. Yeah, about 8 hours per review after having to proofread them so many times, having to fatten them up after the initial draft, uploading pics to the actual web site(Ie. not photoucket), making two sets of pics (one thumbnail and one fullsize), finding cover art, etc. I can make a review in an hour too, but not a W1z worthy review.