• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Forza 3 Demo is OUT!

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Ok, for those of you who have been waiting for this one the demo is out now and ready for download. If only they released this on the PC. However, I think it's pretty neat that you can download it from the internet to your console (haven't tried it).
source
Come on MS make a PC version!!! :mad:

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
Ok, for those of you who have been waiting for this one the demo is out now and ready for download. If only they released this on the PC. However, I think it's pretty neat that you can download it from the internet to your console (haven't tried it).
source
Come on MS make a PC version!!! :mad:

ill admit it be sweet if they did make a pc version. but i think fable 2 on the pc is more likely. and lionhead said they arent doing that.

department76

System Name Fusilli
Processor AMD Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.9GHz (200x19.5, 1.51V)
Motherboard MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX/SB600 (AM2+)
Cooling Zalman 9700NT, 2x silent 80mm & 2x 120mm Scythe & Enermax
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4870 512MB @ 825/1050 (3x heatpipes)
Storage 2x 250GB RAID 0 - Seagate 7200.10 16MB on Promise FastTrak
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2450 & VX1940
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-Fi Prelude, Denon AH-D1000 headphones
Power Supply OCZ GameXtreme 600W
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage - P10909
i like racing games on consoles better..

dling fm3 demo now :D

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64

I have to agree with this statement.
Although I won't be playing the demo, due to lack of 360, I will be looking for
opinions from those that do play it.

System Name Turbo_Fighter/Pitbull
Processor AMD FX-9590/Intel i7 6700K 4.7GHZ @ 1.41 volts
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0/Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H105/Corsair H100iv2
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Ares/32 GB G.Skill Trident-Z
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon R9 Fury X/Sapphire R9 Nano
Storage Mix of HDDs SSDs Externals and a 256GB Samsung M.2 in the pitbull
Display(s) 24" Nixeus 144hz freesync/24'' Benq XL2420TE/21.5'' Asus VH226/Panasonic 42" Plasma
Case White Phantom NZXT/Fractal Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) MayFlower O2 ODAC/HT Omega Claro+/Turtlebeach Earforce DSS
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i/Thermaltake Smart 650Watt(EVGA GS 650 Watt took a shit on me)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores They can run Crysis.
I wasn't impressed with the demo, rewind? WTF!? what ever happened to challenge? :/

System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
I wasn't impressed with the demo, rewind? WTF!? what ever happened to challenge? :/

Yeah for a sim racer its weird they put that in there. Grid had it, not sure if it was considered a sim or not.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Ok, now that we know the demo is out here is my observation:
1. The inclusion of Launch as part of the car's stats is a plus in my book:
-Speed
-Handling
-Acceleration
-Launch
-Braking
2. The wireless controller worked brilliantly and I didn't drive around corners in a octagon shape (unlike Shift).It was very smooth and I didn't have to tweak a thing.
3. Although I like racing on real tracks, the background of the demo is stunning and breath taking. It's a scenic view along a mountain with a dam off in the distance.
4. The road was pretty narrow but their car physics didn't have me all over the place. I was able to pickup and play after about 3 restarts (1st time me playing this type of game).
5. They have also an option where you can limit or simulate damage, fuel and tire wire.

I like the demo and can see why so many others do as well. Compared to Shift this demo is IMO far better.
-no bugs so far
-no input lag
-better handling using the thumbstick. Unlike Shift were you are at times fighting the car.
-graphic wise its on par and this is a xbox 360 game. Sure it could have used more AA and AF but none the less it's satisfying.

The use of the autobrake is pretty nifty. But I can say the same about Shift. However, in Forza 3 I never noticed when it was used. I can't really say if that's a good or bad thing. Also there is no degree of stability control and traction control. It's either on or off. However most of all I really like the rewind feature. Yes, it's something we all enjoyed in Grid but with Forza 3 there are not limits in the demo as to how many times you can use it. What makes it different from Grid is that it's not just a few seconds of rewind. You can rewind more then once if you are not satisfied of where the vehicle is on the road.

Last edited:
System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
forza and gran turismo are similar in the fact that their physics are more finely tuned.

what kind of car does forza 3 give u to use? cause more powerful ones does require finesse to properly control in gt5p, and nfs shift. tho lower end cars are kind of rough in shift as well. so just wondering if thats what your refering to.

i dont have an xbox to try this.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
forza and gran turismo are similar in the fact that their physics are more finely tuned.

what kind of car does forza 3 give u to use? cause more powerful ones does require finesse to properly control in gt5p, and nfs shift. tho lower end cars are kind of rough in shift as well. so just wondering if thats what your refering to.

i dont have an xbox to try this.

Forza's handling is better then Shift. You do feel that all four wheels are planted on the road. This is specially noticed when taking corners at high speeds. When you slow down the car's traction actually helps steer the car while you correct your speed around the bin. Although you may understeer because you took a corner to fast it doesn't feel like an ice rank inwhich you can never correct it. In shift if you take a corner too fast you simply out of luck. In Forza 3 you actually have a very small window to adjust your speed and take turn wide while the front tires's traction bite into the asphalt getting you around the corner (even though you took it wide).

As for the cars there are:
-911 GT3-RSR
-R8 5.2 FSI quattro
-Ferrari California
-Evolution X GSR
-John Coooper Works

Edit:
I almost forgot, there is no unnecessary blurring of odd Field of Depth perception while driving. It's as it should be. And, (drum roll please...) there is no drifting around mild corners!!!!! Again, it's like all 4 wheel are planted on the asphalt.

Last edited:
System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ok, now that we know the demo is out here is my observation:
1. The inclusion of Launch as part of the car's stats is a plus in my book:
-Speed
-Handling
-Acceleration
-Launch
-Braking
2. The wireless controller worked brilliantly and I didn't drive around corners in a octagon shape (unlike Shift).It was very smooth and I didn't have to tweak a thing.
3. Although I like racing on real tracks, the background of the demo is stunning and breath taking. It's a scenic view along a mountain with a dam off in the distance.
4. The road was pretty narrow but their car physics didn't have me all over the place. I was able to pickup and play after about 3 restarts (1st time me playing this type of game).
5. They have also an option where you can limit or simulate damage, fuel and tire wire.

I like the demo and can see why so many others do as well. Compared to Shift this demo is IMO far better.
-no bugs so far
-no input lag
-better handling using the thumbstick. Unlike Shift were you are at times fighting the car.
-graphic wise its on par and this is a xbox 360 game. Sure it could have used more AA and AF but none the less it's satisfying.

The use of the autobrake is pretty nifty. But I can say the same about Shift. However, in Forza 3 I never noticed when it was used. I can't really say if that's a good or bad thing. Also there is no degree of stability control and traction control. It's either on or off. However most of all I really like the rewind feature. Yes, it's something we all enjoyed in Grid but with Forza 3 there are not limits in the demo as to how many times you can use it. What makes it different from Grid is that it's not just a few seconds of rewind. You can rewind more then once if you are not satisfied of where the vehicle is on the road.

1, i think the "bugs" of Shift are from poorly programmed PCs. I never once had any problems with either the demo, or the retail PC game.

2, Again, no input lag and i use a 360 controller.

3, Not fighting the car? Thats pretty UNrealistic to me for a Sim. If your driving a car you fight it if your sliding around a corner. I admit it would through you into the wall sometimes, but come on the odds of actualy doing this in real life are slim to none.

4, how exactly can a 360 be on par? I use AA and AF in any game that has it available. It enhances the image quality alot where as just going 1080p on a 360 wont do that.

Forza's handling is better then Shift. You do feel that all four wheels are planted on the road. This is specially noticed when taking corners at high speeds. When you slow down the car's traction actually helps steer the car while you correct your speed around the bin. Although you may understeer because you took a corner to fast it doesn't feel like an ice rank inwhich you can never correct it. In shift if you take a corner too fast you simply out of luck. In Forza 3 you actually have a very small window to adjust your speed and take turn wide while the front tires's traction bite into the asphalt getting you around the corner (even though you took it wide).

As for the cars there are:
-911 GT3-RSR
-R8 5.2 FSI quattro
-Ferrari California
-Evolution X GSR
-John Coooper Works

Edit:
I almost forgot, there is no unnecessary blurring of odd Field of Depth perception while driving. It's as it should be. And, (drum roll please...) there is no drifting around mild corners!!!!! Again, it's like all 4 wheel are planted on the asphalt.

To me, just sounds like a poor driver. People who argue handling in Grid is better than Shift....well thats because Grid is an arcade. If you cant handle what a real car would actualy do then you shouldnt play a Sim. I can take a corner to fast and still get it under control or just power slide. Sorta like if its raining and you take a corner to fast in RL. Will it feel like all 4 wheels are planted on the ground? No your gonna slide all over the place like your on an ice rink unless you drive an Autocross car or similar.

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
I take this post as a joke, thanks for the laugh.

How is it a joke? The problems with Shift i found people complaining about are all easily fixable situations. Get better at a driving sim and correct your PC programming flaws and its easy as pie. I was in tier 4 within the first day of playing with AI on hard and all assists off. Im actualy saving for a G25 to test my true abilities with the game, and others.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
How is it a joke? The problems with Shift i found people complaining about are all easily fixable situations. Get better at a driving sim and correct your PC programming flaws and its easy as pie. I was in tier 4 within the first day of playing with AI on hard and all assists off. Im actualy saving for a G25 to test my true abilities with the game, and others.

1, i think the "bugs" of Shift are from poorly programmed PCs. I never once had any problems with either the demo, or the retail PC game.

2, Again, no input lag and i use a 360 controller.

3, Not fighting the car? Thats pretty UNrealistic to me for a Sim. If your driving a car you fight it if your sliding around a corner. I admit it would through you into the wall sometimes, but come on the odds of actualy doing this in real life are slim to none.

4, how exactly can a 360 be on par? I use AA and AF in any game that has it available. It enhances the image quality alot where as just going 1080p on a 360 wont do that.

To me, just sounds like a poor driver. People who argue handling in Grid is better than Shift....well thats because Grid is an arcade. If you cant handle what a real car would actualy do then you shouldnt play a Sim. I can take a corner to fast and still get it under control or just power slide. Sorta like if its raining and you take a corner to fast in RL. Will it feel like all 4 wheels are planted on the ground? No your gonna slide all over the place like your on an ice rink unless you drive an Autocross car or similar.
This is a poor attempt at flame-baiting therefore, I take your post as a joke, thanks for the :laugh:

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Its not an attempt at a flame bait, its the cold hard truth. Its like Prostreet, the people who sucked bitched. The people who could actually drive in the game found it to be an amusing NFS attempt at a Sim. Like me.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
One more thing, for those that didn't know. There are a few different classes
-911 GT3-RSR R3
-R8 5.2 FSI quattro A
-Ferrari California B
-Evolution X GSR C
-John Coooper Works D
I forgot to mention that earlier.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
The demo is similar to this video (starting at 1:09). The track is the same as the demo but the cars are different.

System Name Sovereign // HTPC
Processor i7 3770k 4.2 // i7 3770k 4.2
Motherboard Maximus V Gene // Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Noctua D14 // Intel HSF
Memory 16GB Samsung // 16GB VengeanceLP
Video Card(s) Deciding // 660 DC2
Storage OS (X25-M), Data (Seagate 1TB) // Samsung 840 120GB & bunch of drives
Display(s) Samsung T240HD // LG TV
Case TJ08e // Grandia GD08
Audio Device(s) DT880 Pro 250 ohm // TV speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Plat 1000 // Seasonic Gold 760
Software Windows 8 Pro x64 // Windows 7 Pro x64

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

dling fm3 demo now :D

I have to agree with this statement.
Although I won't be playing the demo, due to lack of 360, I will be looking for
opinions from those that do play it.

There not bad on console but i find them much better on PC with having a wheel and TIR.

department76

System Name Fusilli
Processor AMD Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.9GHz (200x19.5, 1.51V)
Motherboard MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX/SB600 (AM2+)
Cooling Zalman 9700NT, 2x silent 80mm & 2x 120mm Scythe & Enermax
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4870 512MB @ 825/1050 (3x heatpipes)
Storage 2x 250GB RAID 0 - Seagate 7200.10 16MB on Promise FastTrak
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2450 & VX1940
Case Lian-Li PC60 PlusII
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-Fi Prelude, Denon AH-D1000 headphones
Power Supply OCZ GameXtreme 600W
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage - P10909
With a x360 pc controller, whats the difference?

fair enough.

and for the record, myself having loved fm2 immensley, i'd say that the only thing i really noticed in fm3 was the addition of rewind. other than that the demo played the same as fm2 for the most part, i quickly set all of the difficulty options to how i like it, etc. and i was right at home. the graphics seem tp be tuned up a bit texturaly but other than that i think it looks about the same.

to all of those 360-owning nay-sayers in this thread... ah well whatever. i'm not going to try to convince you why forza kicks ass. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink. as for the non-360-owners, i encourage you to play at a friends or something. if you're a racing fanatic and/or automobile enthusiast (such as myself) then forza is a nice place to be.

System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
fair enough.

and for the record, myself having loved fm2 immensley, i'd say that the only thing i really noticed in fm3 was the addition of rewind. other than that the demo played the same as fm2 for the most part, i quickly set all of the difficulty options to how i like it, etc. and i was right at home. the graphics seem tp be tuned up a bit texturaly but other than that i think it looks about the same.

to all of those 360-owning nay-sayers in this thread... ah well whatever. i'm not going to try to convince you why forza kicks ass. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink. as for the non-360-owners, i encourage you to play at a friends or something. if you're a racing fanatic and/or automobile enthusiast (such as myself) then forza is a nice place to be.

i have played some forza 2. and it was with a controller so i prob didnt enjoy it as much. if one of my friends had a wheel im sure it would be a different story.

with this game its new editions are pretty much what GT5 is to GT4. More cars, tracks, better graphics, updated physics, in cockpit view, and GT5 has a damage system now.

Reventon

System Name Black & Red
Processor AMD 64 X2 6400+ BE 3.2Ghz
Motherboard JetWay JHA06-GT 780G ATX
Cooling Xigmatek HDT SD964 92mm cooler, 5 Case Fans, PCI Slot Evercool exhaust fan
Memory 4GB DDR2 667Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4850HD 512MB
Storage Seagate 120GB HDD 7200rpm, Samsung 160GB HDD
Display(s) 19" Enivision LCD (1280x1024), 15" HP vs15c (1024x768) dual screen
Case Cooler Master Storm Scout Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 400W PSU
Software Windows Vista 32-bit
Too bad I don't have a gold account anymore >.>