• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who the friq are you?

System Name SYS-1//SYS-2//SYS-3//SYS-4
Processor AMD FX-8350//AMD FX-8350//AMD X6 1090T //AMD FX-8350
Motherboard Biostar TA990FXE//Gigabyte 990FX-G//MSI 890GXM-G65//ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0
Cooling ZEROtherm Nirvana//Corsair H-110i//AMD PII Cooler//AMD CL Water Cooler
Memory REDLINE 1866 (4X4g)//REDLINE 2133 (4X4g)//Geil (4x2g)//AMD R9 G 2400 (4x4g)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 270 (CF)//R9 270x(CF) Devil's//XFX HD7870//R9 270X(CF) Devil's
Storage Corsair ForceIII GS-360 //Samsung 850-Pro//Samsung 840-Pro//Hyper-X Savage 480
Display(s) Samsung 214T 21.3" LCD//BENQ G2400WD 24" LCD
Case SIGMA LUNA//Corsair 650D //Silverstone SG-01//Cooler Master HAF-XB
Audio Device(s) X-FI Fatality Pro//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair HX620W//Corsair HX850i//Corsair HX620//Corsair HX 750
Mouse Logitech G9x // Logitech MX-518
Keyboard Corsair Strafe//HyperX Alloy Elite
Software Win 7 Ult-64 In Them All
My name is stuart,I am 47 years of age,i live in a small town on the east side of the cascades in washington state.I have been married for 25 years and have two daughters.I work during the day as an auto tech,which i really hate,but i'm good at it and it "helps" pays the bill's.Just get's old after doing it for 30 years.
I've been strung out on TPU for 3 year's now,and a lurker before that for a couple.
I would love to say that i started crunching for the right reason's,but that would be a lie.
To be honest,I just wanted to see how long it took me to get some pie(2 weeks btw).But now i have gotten a little addicted to the numbers game of it.So my next goal is a :cool:
Million points.Or real pie if you will.
It's cool that this is for a good thing and i would much rather contribute computer horsepower and increased electricity bill,than buy "light bulbs" or give to some obscure charity.Maybee some day it will help,But at least i can say that i did'nt not help.
I would also like to add that i know i came into TPU's crunching team kind of under the radar.I hope you all don't mind that i'm here,but i am here for good.:toast:

And please don't give me any crap about my grammer or what ever,I skipped english in school and type with two fingers.

Last edited:
System Name SYS-1//SYS-2//SYS-3//SYS-4
Processor AMD FX-8350//AMD FX-8350//AMD X6 1090T //AMD FX-8350
Motherboard Biostar TA990FXE//Gigabyte 990FX-G//MSI 890GXM-G65//ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0
Cooling ZEROtherm Nirvana//Corsair H-110i//AMD PII Cooler//AMD CL Water Cooler
Memory REDLINE 1866 (4X4g)//REDLINE 2133 (4X4g)//Geil (4x2g)//AMD R9 G 2400 (4x4g)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 270 (CF)//R9 270x(CF) Devil's//XFX HD7870//R9 270X(CF) Devil's
Storage Corsair ForceIII GS-360 //Samsung 850-Pro//Samsung 840-Pro//Hyper-X Savage 480
Display(s) Samsung 214T 21.3" LCD//BENQ G2400WD 24" LCD
Case SIGMA LUNA//Corsair 650D //Silverstone SG-01//Cooler Master HAF-XB
Audio Device(s) X-FI Fatality Pro//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z//Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair HX620W//Corsair HX850i//Corsair HX620//Corsair HX 750
Mouse Logitech G9x // Logitech MX-518
Keyboard Corsair Strafe//HyperX Alloy Elite
Software Win 7 Ult-64 In Them All
Kind of surprised that Chicken Patty has never posted in on this one ;)
And who know's,maybee chomes will even chime in.:D

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
Kind of surprised that Chicken Patty has never posted in on this one ;)
And who know's,maybee chomes will even chime in.:D

Yeah CP. Who the friq are you??:laugh: And chomes, you really need to intro yourself, if you're gonna come in and still pie. :laugh:

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Chicken Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripshits X 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5850
Storage Kingston 128GB SSD + WD Black 640GB + 2x 1.5TB
Display(s) 24" Acer G245HQ + 19" Lenovo L194
Case Antec NSK-4482 Orangified
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7: Electric Boogaloo
My name's Alex, I'm 16 years old (b-day is in 2 weeks) and a Junior in high school. I'm somewhat noobish when it comes to really technical computer stuff, but I try to give people advice to the best of my ability. I don't have many friends in real life, so I try to find some type of solace in the interwebs. I'm kind of addicted to TPU, I refresh the new posts page constantly and I'm also addicted to spending all my money on Newegg. I think that sadly I have the most powerful PC in my county and am the only one out of the 1200 students at my school that's into rig building/tech. I don't have my drivers license, a job, or a girlfriend so it could be said that I have no life, but I can't say I want one. I make good grades in school and work hard, but I can't see myself going to a university or 4 year college. I get sick and tired of the guidance counselors and teachers at school harassing us about deciding what we're going to do in life and how we need to set goals. I don't want to grow up. Anyways, I don't think I'm weird or anything, I try to be nice to people. So that's some of my story, I'm like a pot of petunias.

Yay for honesty!

4 month later edit: I gots me a "life" now so things are going good. Also trying to get some experience in the video field to pursue a career in advertising.

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
i am Ray everyone calls me crazyeyes Im 21 im 80k usd in debt lol :banghead::banghead::banghead: I build computers for others for fun on the cheap. Sadly there machines always last longer then my own :shadedshu . I work physical labor jobs usually 5-7 jobs a week on top of basic computer repair. Im a gamer and im all about the FUN not the hardcore. Im a graphic whore and as such ive learned to use Maya from 7 straight up through to 2010 along with mudbox. Im a Full Sail Real world Education flunkie 3 months of physics in 7 days crushed me. My family has a history of many debilitating illnesses from brain tumors to cancer you name it we got it, Thats why i fold im not like Bucknasty or El Fiendo but i try to do my part. I dont "PLAN" on kids but ive got alot of friends that do and among maybe saving my own neck ;) maybe i can help ensure a brighter future for them as well.

in summary

Im a loser with no real job license or car im a crapload in debt cant make ends meet yet SOMEHOW i tend to get by go figure if u cant break through the wall headfirst :banghead: go around it. other then that im always willing to lend a hand

did i mention i drink WAY to much? ive got 1 hell of a fondness for the creature usually Whiskey from the bottle or cold sam adams on a hot day.

end garbled post

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I am James. I am a 25 year old College Student. I currently work Full Time as a customer service rep. at CafePress.com. I build computers for friends for free and others for a low fixed rate. I have no children and no girlfriend at the moment. I am a selective gamer, avid anime collector and watcher. I am stuck at standstill due to letting girls get in the way of my education, but I will be returning to get my degree in Computer Science in the Spring. I am a nearly a stereotype for the "Nice Guy".

I am out of shape, not fat. That basically means, whatever it is, I can do, just not as long or as far or as fast as most. I don't drink (except on special occasions), I have never smoked, never done any drugs, I use very little to no commercial drugs either (headache medicine, pain relievers, etc.). I have medically proven over reactive immune system, so it takes a lot to get me sick.

I FOLD on a second computer when the power bill is not too high for my grandmother (lung and breast cancer), and both of my aunts (ovarian cancer).

I have always been the "Computer dude", but I came to TPU because I know enough to know I know very little. I have learned a lot here. I know more about anime than I do computers. I listen to a much broader variety of music than most. I am quick to make simple mistakes because I don't think before acting. And thus far I only have one real regret in my life, ruining a friendship with a woman I do still genuinely love. I am depressed and when I am depressed, I eat too much.

Woody112

System Name Woody's MBP
Processor 2.4 C2D
Cooling Frikin Air
Memory Munskin 2x2 gig 1066mhz
Video Card(s) 9400gt/9600gt W/512mb
Storage 1TB WD scorpio blue
Display(s) 15.4" on lapie/ 24" Acer P241w on the wall/ 52" LCD TV
Software OSX/ Win 7
Robert here aka Woody aka Romeo Whiskey. 29 years old, served 8 years in the USAF and did a lot of interesting things myself as a CCT. Since then I've got out and now doing some interesting things here in the civilian side of the house.LOL Computer's have always intrigued me so I started building them and what not. Found TPU here to be a big help when I was getting started with the whole thing and since then have found this to be a great place for new ideas, reviews, and nonsense in general.
I don't fold, tried it but kept running up the power bill like crazy. Well that's about it can't think of much else.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
My name is Dean. Thank the Lord my parents' named me that because that is what everyone calls me.
I'm an IT Manager, Network Analyst, System Admin and Programmer.
I have a wonderful wife and we celebrated our 10th anniversary last month.
We had an 18 year old son, but two year ago he was killled in a car crash by another kid his age who had been drinking at a graduation party. Some of you may remember the threads in GN.

I used to fold (and maybe a forgotten machine at work is still giving its all), but I have not gotten involved in the Grid.

The way I have been helping out on TPU has been to basically give away all my spare parts to anyone who needs them.
I am sure is you ask around you will find someone who got a good deal.
The money means nothing to me, but the response from (usually) young people when they are getting something they could never afford, is priceless.

Anyway, being that we are faceless, anonymous names on the internet, the charity we do (parts, folding, grid, etc.) is only half the battle.
The other half is to get away from our computers, get out in the community or at least the neighborhood and let people know that you care about them, love them and are willing to be there for them when they need it most.

Life is not about who you are, where you live, what you own or about how much you earn.
It's about what you do for others that makes a difference in their lives. You will never find anything more personally rewarding, and they will never forget you.

Thanks for all you do everyone, and God bless you all.

D

Duxx

My name is Dean. Thank the Lord my parents' named me that because that is what everyone calls me.
I'm an IT Manager, Network Analyst, System Admin and Programmer.
I have a wonderful wife and we celebrated our 10th anniversary last month.
We had an 18 year old son, but two year ago he was killled in a car crash by another kid his age who had been drinking at a graduation party. Some of you may remember the threads in GN.

I used to fold (and maybe a forgotten machine at work is still giving its all), but I have not gotten involved in the Grid.

The way I have been helping out on TPU has been to basically give away all my spare parts to anyone who needs them.
I am sure is you ask around you will find someone who got a good deal.
The money means nothing to me, but the response from (usually) young people when they are getting something they could never afford, is priceless.

Anyway, being that we are faceless, anonymous names on the internet, the charity we do (parts, folding, grid, etc.) is only half the battle.
The other half is to get away from our computers, get out in the community or at least the neighborhood and let people know that you care about them, love them and are willing to be there for them when they need it most.

Life is not about who you are, where you live, what you own or about how much you earn.
It's about what you do for others that makes a difference in their lives. You will never find anything more personally rewarding, and they will never forget you.

Thanks for all you do everyone, and God bless you all.

He forgot to mention he's a motivational speaker :) Sorry about your loss, but am thankful for your help in the TPU community. Much appreciated..:respect:

EDIT: Glad this thread has been resurrected.

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Served 8 years in the USAF and did a lot of interesting things myself as a CCT.

Combat Controller eh, glad to have you on board.

Since then I've got out and now doing some interesting things here in the civilian side of the house.

:laugh: Is it related to your CCT duties:D?

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
My name is Sean, I'm 26, been @ TPU for 3 years, lived in the wonderful state of Montana and still working on finding out who I am. Took a pretty harsh blow a little over a month ago when I came home to find my fiance had left me 2 weeks before our wedding with nothing more than a note, she took her clothes, the cat and her pc, haven't heard from her since. I thought I knew how things were gonna go, had plans, goals. Now I'm still kinda lost...but not completely lost, and really not even as upset or pissed as many think I should be at this point. I've found peace with what's happened, which is probably due to lesser activity in the drugs and alcohol department clouding and exaggerating things, and one thing ya learn is that you gotta keep going no matter how bad the shit gets, not just in the game or at work, but in life, you can't always expect to have your hand held or that everything will work out happily ever after, you gotta make things happen and take that step...so that's what I'm working on. I'm not dying, injured or sick, so I know damn well I'm still useful and can do plenty of good, and I still gotta lot left in life to get done, so moping isn't gonna cut it.

Part of what keeps me at peace is I like to help others and I enjoy doing that, I like the feeling of knowing that I helped someone and that they appreciated it, that some good came out of a situation that could've been ignored like so many people do these days, instead of stopping for a second, a minute, an hour and doing something good. Whether it's doing something extra for a customer at work, helping someone at the store or on the street, teaching my nieces and nephews how to fish, driving my drunk friends home to smite any chances of a dui on their shoulders, or even on this forum where I try to give back as much as I can since I've learned so much and been privileged to be a part of this place for as long as I have. TPU's been pretty important to me, I may not be uber active, or even always helpful, and there are many times where I'll start a post only to go back to the main index instead of posting because I tend to proof read too much and decide the post isn't worth it.

Beyond that my life is nothing special, I'm not in debt, I have 2 cars paid off (nothing special, both were cheap and needed fixin', good thing that's my line of work! :D ), I work 5-6 days a week to keep the bills paid, I go out once every couple of weeks or so, have a few drinks, I'm a beer man...great place I live, go Big Sky Brewery (Moose Drool rocks btw!). I love the mountains and all they provide to do, the scenery, the animals, hunting, fishing, pure freedom that's a short drive from my apartment. Umm..let's see, what else, I'm a gamer, not pro or anything like that, but I enjoy many games, also in a clan comprising of local friends, called America's Team BeerMe, pretty good stuff.

Beyond that, I used to fold a ton, I had both my ex-fiance's rig and my rig folding and crunching 24/7 till the weather got too hot to deal with extra heat in my place...haven't really returned yet, still sorting out if I can afford to do it much or not...and tbh I don't know if I'll return any time soon, but when I do it'll be for TPU only. I do gotta say I always hope that some good comes from crunching and folding, and I'm sure it will...but there's no better gratification in life at least for me than getting out and helping people in smaller measures, something so simple and easy, yet something that could mean so much to others. So while I might come back to folding and crunching, I know that helping here on the forums, or out in society, I can still do some good.

:toast:

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Oh shit.....I'm sorry bro:eek: Hope you get it over quick (about the ex fiancee) and just keep truckin':D. We're always here if you need anything;)

Woody112

System Name Woody's MBP
Processor 2.4 C2D
Cooling Frikin Air
Memory Munskin 2x2 gig 1066mhz
Video Card(s) 9400gt/9600gt W/512mb
Storage 1TB WD scorpio blue
Display(s) 15.4" on lapie/ 24" Acer P241w on the wall/ 52" LCD TV
Software OSX/ Win 7
Combat Controller eh, glad to have you on board.

:laugh: Is it related to your CCT duties:D?

ya doing contracting now. It's money to pays the bill, keeps me drinking, and single.:D

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
@Kursah : Take a road trip and come visit us here in WI. Won't cost you anything but the gas to get here. Maybe we can drink enough beer to come up with a new idea for GPU ;)

D

Duxx

@Kursah : Take a road trip and come visit us here in WI. Won't cost you anything but the gas to get here. Maybe we can drink enough beer to come up with a new idea for GPU ;)

Better yet come to kellogg! Going over there when it starts snowing :) Got my parents cabin ima be crashing at some weekends.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Oh shit.....I'm sorry bro:eek: Hope you get it over quick (about the ex fiancee) and just keep truckin':D. We're always here if you need anything;)

Work in progress, but really it's been kinda nice having my own space and having that damn cat outta here! That damn thing pissed on everything it could...grr! I'm keeping my head up, I stay busy, and really as bad as it was at first, it's not nearly as tough to deal with now...which is why I decided to share it with you guys. It could be much worse, I could have a deadly disease, be dying of something else horrible, or something much more disasterous than what I'm dealing with now...I don't feel sorry for me, I figure things happen for a reason and I gotta keep going...too much good I'd miss out on if I stopped now! :D

Might just do that, I'll have more vacation to use up this spring...sounds like a good deal to me. :toast:

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I am me.

Stephen
Live and work in Colorado.
IT/precision guidance specialist
29 I think.

I fold for something, and it is good. Did climate modeling before folding, and some other community projects too. I came to rest at TPU after multiple moves, and the last one caused by a forum of holy rollers who forgot what fun was. Still mod and admin a couple sites, but never get to use the ban stick too often, except spam. Tehy are mainly a close knit group of friends.

umm, married, two kids and that was enogh stress to get them both out into the world and keep them going.

Yeah, I like computers too.

vaiopup

System Name Crunching and smapping!
Processor i7 920@3.8
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD3r
Cooling True
Memory 6gb Gskill pc12800
Video Card(s) Crossfired 5770's
Storage 1tb Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) 50" Panny Viera 1080p
Case Antec 200 I think
Audio Device(s) Audio via Logitech 680's or 580's....or something
Power Supply Corsair 850 TX
Software Win 7 64
Benchmark Scores Just a few coffee stains!!!
<--------45 year old nobody.

Guess I don't really count cos I am not part of your team :D.........but I have been crunching since 2004 :)

I work in the health field looking after the elderly mentally and physically ill.

My main interests are in trying to keep my DC team alive lol......and football (the proper English football ;))

Have 2 daughters who are at the difficult ages, 16 and 14.....ugh lol.
Love them to pieces but they can be a worry and a PITA sometimes (14 year old grounded as we speak)

Tis about it really.

Just a crazy nobody who likes to crunch, and occasionally annoy other teams, such as XS, Ars Technica etc :D

Ooh, I see something shiny...............

Addendum: I am also part of a group that has for the last 6 years or so done "guest crunching" at various other teams.(Like our friend Mike047).
A strange concept to many but it can be fun....and it's good to meet fellow crunchers.

System Name N/A
Processor i7-4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97-A
Cooling Thermalright True Power 140
Memory 2 x 8GB GeIL Potenza 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Storage 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 24" Samsung 1080p LED Monitor
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown MX)
Software Windows 8.1
Dipo
15 (16 in a few weeks ^-^)
Student.. obviously
I joined this forum because computer hardware interests me :D
i crunch.. just cos i can, my computer's on most of the time anyway
i wanna be a computer engineer but i have no idea how i'm gonna go about that!
any ideas? :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hello, as per request I will post here.

My name is David, mostly known as Chicken Patty, or CP, or chicken, or whatever. I am 22 years of age. Not married, no kids, just a bit too early if you ask me. I work for a company called Mediterranean Shipping Company. We are the worlds 2nd largest Steampship Line. I do the Intermodal part of the company.

I live in Miami, Florida which is highly overrated if you ask me, but it's a nice city. Other than that don't know what to say. Ask on I guess :D

mike047

System Name home/farm
Processor 11quads/1 dual quad/2 dueces
Motherboard Gigabyte/Tyan/Mac
Cooling air
Memory DDR2 800-1066
Video Card(s) 3-260/2-250/2-8800/4-9600/2-9800
Storage yes
Power Supply Cheap Rosewill/Mac
Software 2-XP32/1-XP64/12-Ubuntu/1-Mac
Benchmark Scores No benchies, just a cruncher:)
<--------45 year old nobody.

Guess I don't really count cos I am not part of your team :D.........but I have been crunching since 2004 :)

I work in the health field looking after the elderly mentally and physically ill.

My main interests are in trying to keep my DC team alive lol......and football (the proper English football ;))

Have 2 daughters who are at the difficult ages, 16 and 14.....ugh lol.
Love them to pieces but they can be a worry and a PITA sometimes (14 year old grounded as we speak)

Tis about it really.

Just a crazy nobody who likes to crunch, and occasionally annoy other teams, such as XS, Ars Technica etc :D

Ooh, I see something shiny...............

Addendum: I am also part of a group that has for the last 6 years or so done "guest crunching" at various other teams.(Like our friend Mike047).
A strange concept to many but it can be fun....and it's good to meet fellow crunchers.

Hey Guys, the Pup is a long time friend and crunching buddy.. We have worked a lot of teams and projects together.:rockout:

Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
:respect: vaiopup & mike047 :respect:

vaiopup

System Name Crunching and smapping!
Processor i7 920@3.8
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD3r
Cooling True
Memory 6gb Gskill pc12800
Video Card(s) Crossfired 5770's
Storage 1tb Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) 50" Panny Viera 1080p
Case Antec 200 I think
Audio Device(s) Audio via Logitech 680's or 580's....or something
Power Supply Corsair 850 TX
Software Win 7 64
Benchmark Scores Just a few coffee stains!!!
I am no big hitter like mike......more a cheerleader :D

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
I would like to add to mine.

My name is freaksavior, real name Aaron. 19 soon to be 20. Most people on the forum call me freak, of fs.Both my aunts on my moms side had breast cancer. This is not only for them but also for everyone else out there that has or had cancer. For chicken patty, so i can beat him which i already have so far, i would like to be #1 on our team, or at least in the top 10. I love pie, cant ever get enough. I was home schooled, graduated in summer of 08 i now go to DeVry to study Electronic Engineering and Technology to hopefully be an IT admin or something similar.

Last edited:
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
I would like to add to mine.

My name is freaksavior, real name Aaron. 19 soon to be 20. Most people on the forum call me freak, of fs.Both my aunts on my moms side had breast cancer. This is not only for them but also for everyone else out there that has or had cancer. For chicken patty, so i can beat him which i already have so far, i would like to be #1 on our team, or at least in the top 10. I love pie, cant ever get enough. I am was homeschooled, i go to DeVry to study Electronic Engineering and Technology to hopefully be an IT admin or something similar.

if i didn't push your lazy butt sooo much about beating me you would have still been averaging 1k a day. Now you go to Star bucks and hold everybody hostage and force them to download and run WCG the whole night. no wonder you are beating me :roll: