• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can you put me together a nice Core i7 system within a $2,000 budget?

M

Monkey_Business

I am considering building a new PC. I was wondering if you could put me together a nice Core i7 gaming PC within a $2,000 budget. Initially, I intended to build an AMD gaming rig, but the Core i7 outperforms all of the AMD chips. A Ci7 platform is far more costly than AMD's products. I'm trying to stay within budget.

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
Hey Monkey, welcome to TPU!

For $2k you can put together a nice rig. Besides gaming (actually on that note, which games do you play and want to play in the future?), what do you want to use the system for? Do you need a lot of hard drive space? Want to run RAID and/or SSDs? Any other system-intensive tasks like multimedia (audio/image/video) editing? That would impact how much memory you might utilize.

Do you have and preferred cases or case styles? And any favorite brands for various components?

Any specifics you can give on intended use will help us help you. :)

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
Hey Monkey, welcome to TPU!

For $2k you can put together a nice rig. Besides gaming (actually on that note, which games do you play and want to play in the future?), what do you want to use the system for? Do you need a lot of hard drive space? Want to run RAID and/or SSDs? Any other system-intensive tasks like multimedia (audio/image/video) editing? That would impact how much memory you might utilize.

Do you have and preferred cases or case styles? And any favorite brands for various components?

Any specifics you can give on intended use will help us help you. :)

Great outline post TIGR. This is exactly the sort of details a seasoned builder would want to know before putting together a machine.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
What TIGR says, give us a nice list of wants (such as good keyboard, water cooling etc) and a nice list of avoids (such as GT 240) and the TPU "Spec me a rig" team will churn out something!

richardbel

better yet if you're not into any particular specifications you just can tell us a case style you want, games you played, software you're gonna use. so spec rig team can help you out.