• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Hades

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Hades is part of the Crafted Series and features four fans, a temperature LCD display along with a very edgy, industrial design. The interior is all black and NZXT has chosen a unique approach by having nine 5.25 inch bays and multiple rails for 3.5 inch drives.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Mac Daddy

Nice review but you guys seriously need to work on your introductions.

Mac Daddy

Perhaps for the article thread to start?

The NZXT Hades makes a very stylish first impression. Even though the design goes for simple straight lines along with straight edges, the overall impression is very good. NZXT has not yet managed to put in the amount of detail found on other themed enclosures - like the Cooler Master HAF series, but the Hades looks simple & sophisticated at the same time.

http://www.technewshw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3343

The fan issue Johnny Hou is looking into was talking to him on MSN tonight. He is thinking China production but not my call.

You can write a better intro the chassis wasn't designed and manufactured by CaseKing was it?

I would like to thank CaseKing.de for supplying the review sample.

CaseKing is one of the few companies out there, which will not just sell anything. They only offer hardware that performs well and is of high quality. The shop offers quite a few exclusive parts and devices from all around the world and it is also the official distributor for a long list of well known manufacturers. Their assortment has grown greatly in recent years, while great service and support is still a very important part of the shop philosophy. The website may be in German, but due to great demand, an English version is in the works. We received continous support from CaseKing and they were kind enough to send us the latest from NZXT: the Hades chassis.

Today we will be taking a look at a new chassis from the NZXT Crafted series, the Hades. This chassis boasts front and side 200mm intake fans, as well a number of other features for the enthusiast in all of us. Why don’t we just dig in and take a look at the Hades!

http://www.technewshw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2944

note not everyone has english as a first language

nzxt seem to be the could have been company, where each case appears to be great but actually has a few flaws or could have used something else or a tweak

that top i/o port is horrible looks like someone just cut a square out of the top and stuck a few usb ports in it

System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)

nzxt seem to be the could have been company, where each case appears to be great but actually has a few flaws or could have used something else or a tweak

that top i/o port is horrible looks like someone just cut a square out of the top and stuck a few usb ports in it

Agreed in full.

NZXT has clear problems with quality control. That is the main reason why you see so many arguments about their cases where group 1 claims they're great and group 2 claims they're crappy.

The second problem, as made clear with the Hades, is NZXT always seems to miss 1 or 2 vital points in their case designs. Whether is it large cooler mounting on this Hades to quickly degrading fan mounts with the most flimsy threading I've ever seen on the Rogue.

If they would improve their design testing and quality control sections, NZXT could be so much better than this.

Mac Daddy

True enough and I wasn't trying to be difficult just a mention. The reviews are always topnotch here.

On the side fan/cover I talked to Johnny @ NZXT on it with 2 suggestions. The first would be to reverse the taper on the side cover (like the Tempest), which would allow maximum depth right at the CPU cooler area. The second would be to use a 140mm fan in that location.

On CPU cooler clearance issues with tall coolers (In my case CM Hyper212) the Zero2 and Guardian921 are also tight. On the fan quality both 200mm fans had proper labels here and no cracks.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Hey DS I notice you mention that due to the front panel connections you loose a bay or hdd area?

This is not a flaw, with every case I get I route this manually myself and you should be doing the same, after all they leave it in a simple untucked place as not all motherboards have the same layout : ]

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Topnotch review as always DS. Loving this case, of course there are a few things to change, but overall it looks nice. At the price point, NZXT would have to increase costs a bit to really get a hold of a good QC department.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Topnotch review as always DS. Loving this case, of course there are a few things to change, but overall it looks nice. At the price point, NZXT would have to increase costs a bit to really get a hold of a good QC department.

Even an half blind QC should have noticed the problems they were going to have with Large HSFs and that 200mm side intake fan... the dimensions say it 200wx430hx501l the 200mm fan looks to be 30mm deep or more so thats only going to leave 170mm shoot i couldn't even fit my tuniq tower 120 in there as it states in the manual a minimum of 190mm

the dimensions should be 220wx500hx500l

good review of what looks likely to have been a real nice case if not for the short commings

EchoMan

My Dad picked up this case about 2 weeks ago before I read the review :( things to note with ours.

-Paint finish was sloppy as with review sample
-The power and reset switches were reversed(wrongly labeled) on 2 cases we went through resulting in headaches thinking the mobo/psu was dead instead.
-Fan control can only tell that it controls the front fan....

the rest of the cons in the review I agree with also especially the HD mounting and lack of temp labels on the front display.

My conclusion would be pick up a cheaper case all black and add fans, fan controller with lcd for around same price yet have better functionality/quality.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
the NZXT Beta steel was a better case than this