• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dang Playstation 3....Takes the fun out of PC Gaming

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Processor Intel core 2 duo e7500 @ 3.5ghz
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Video Card(s) Hd radeon 5770 oc
Storage 2 x 150gb
Display(s) Benq 22 full hd lcd
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
Software Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
I recently sold my ps3 to upgrade my pc , best thing i have ever done . Directx 11 gaming @ true 1080p with full AA leaves the ps3 to shame...it really does make it look like a piece of shit when i play games on my pc.

There are hundered of reasons why a pc is better for gaming , but not everyone is good with computers so they wouldn't understand.

Anyone played dirt2 or justcause 2 on pc ? well if your playing it on console your only enjoying half of the eye candy . The ports are so cut down its rediculous ppl really need to know this! ps3s are shit and outdated , there are just gonna continue going downhill no matter what game they bring out its still limited by its hardware anyway.

Pc is better in every aspect , its just the truth and its plain to see. Pc hardware can be expensive but its obvious why.

Just a few things ps3s can only dream of doing..

Dirext x9 looks similar to what a ps3 can produce , but dx10 looks much better as u can see.
And even that is outdated by direct x 11 now.

Good ol crysis , look at the ground textures HOLY SHIT!

Direct x 11 ocean

Direct x 11 face render in real time

Tessilation , direct x 11 goodness ! lol @ flat textures.

Last edited:
System Name Dark Stealth
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M Gaming rev 1.0
Cooling Snowman, arctic p12 x2 fans
Memory 16x2 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Pro
Video Card(s) 3080 10gb
Storage 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 Crucial P3 Plus, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 4TB WD RED HDD
Display(s) HP Omen 34c (34" monitor 3440x1440 165Hz VA panel)
Case Zalman S2
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech pro superlight, mx mouse s3, Razer Basiliskx with battery
Keyboard Custom mechanical keyboard tm680
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 70-80 fps 3440x1440 on cyberpunk 2077 max settings
Wow! Recently my cousin told me to buy an XBOX 360 cuz it is really amazing and it costs really cheap. I am so damnly fictioned with computers that none can change my mind of turning to consoles like the time i had my PS1 and Pentium II computer :p (both)
Now i don't even think of consoles or things that cannot be modified. I really like your post, cuz it makes me keep up with computers!!! XD

olithereal

System Name Geometro
Processor i5 760 @ Stock (need 1156 brackets for my cooler)
Motherboard MSI P55A-G55
Cooling Kingwin RVT-12025 HDT
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Blackline Frostbyte 1600 C9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX 275 MSI Twin Frozr OC
Display(s) Samsung 2333SW 23"
Case Lancool PC-K62
Power Supply Corsair VX550W 550W ATX 12V
Software Windows 7 64 bit / Arch Linux x64
I'm trying to sell my PS3 Slim 120GB too. I just don't use the damn thing. I have played what, Assasin's Creed 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and GoW3....I only use it for blue rays really.

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000 and nVidia GT630M
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Software Windows 8 x64 Enterprise N
Ppl must Understand that consoles will always be a different way of play games.

@xristo69 tell me, can u play soul calibur 4 on ur super PC???

Can u play the outaded MGS4 on super PC???

will u be able to play GT5 on ur super PC???

will u be able to play any exclusive PS3 game with ur super PC ur PC is able to play God Of War 3 with all the eye cany???

please stop being an idiot im not used to make posts like this but c'mon stop please i preffer PC gaming 2 but i know why i bought my PS3 and the PC+PS3 its the paradise for every gamer...

Sou its nothing personal its just reality...

PS3 its somethign else and PC will always be something else...

i love gaming on both...

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
each to their own , i personally like the gran turismo series games but im not buying another ps3 just for gt5 when there are plenty of racing simulators readily avaiblable on the pc . They are taking their sweet ass time making that game too , whats it been now ? 2 years almost LOL im sure simbin is onto making its new racing sim and rfactor 2 is almost here!!! Forget gt5 theres way too much hype for something thats going to look and play just like prologue but with more cars. Nfs shift puts it all over gt prologue imo they did a shit job on that game it doesn't represent real life at all .

I play none of the games you just listed , im not into rpg or exclusives to sony LOL there are more exclusives on pc than ps3 anyway . I like FPS and driving sims =) can you play crysis on ps3 ? or crysis warhead , flight sim x , alien vs predator , metro 2033 ? can you play anygame what so ever on your ps3 in dx11 ? will you ever be able to ? no im sorry sorry maybe in 2006 we could have been on par with our argument but na .. If u like flat textures , jaggys and the resolution of 1280x1024 than the ps3 might just be for u =)

I understand its a "different" way to play games , not the best way thats for sure. Easiest way obviously . When it was first released i admit they were pretty darn good but now 2010 pc technology has walked right over it and your obviously not taking advantage of it otherwise you would agree i promise =)

1 thing i love about ps3 though is its looks and the dualshock 3 controllers , pitty about the software and hardware.

Playstation 4 should be in the works by now but i havent heard anything about it besides a few concept pictures which are fake so i dont know , should be awsome though when the time comes.

Last edited:

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
Wow! Recently my cousin told me to buy an XBOX 360 cuz it is really amazing and it costs really cheap. I am so damnly fictioned with computers that none can change my mind of turning to consoles like the time i had my PS1 and Pentium II computer :p (both)
Now i don't even think of consoles or things that cannot be modified. I really like your post, cuz it makes me keep up with computers!!! XD

:toast: good man

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
@xristo69

Man u didn't understand my point sou i think its useless to fight with ur mind... u just have to say i preffer PC gaming instead of console gaming just that.

"Easiest way to play games" this is one of the dumbess things i ever read believe me it is do u think playing an FPS on PC its way harder than on consoles (PS3) if sou than ur lost and nobody can help u maybe a Dx15 card will be able to help... and one thing should be in ur mind and don't forget please promise me u won't forget...

"the greatest histories doesn't need Dx11 to be told"

"the greatest games doesn't need a mouse and keyboard to be good"

"and all the games in the world doesn't need TOP graphics to be GOOD"

don't forget that cause the way ur growing its not good for a gamer... enjoy the feeling, the experience cause in the end is the experience u will remember not the Dx 11 game... (how old are u just for the record)???

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
This is both opinion and fact, but there is only two good PS3 titles. MSG4 and Demon Souls. All others are cross platform, mediocre, or terrible. It's my opinion because I feel strongly about this, and it's fact because I'm not the only person who believes good console games are rare. The PS3 has been without solid titles ever since it was released, and until they get it together I will never recognize it as a superior solution to my PC.

P.S. Soul Calibur is a terrible fighter, go play a real competitive game. One with combos, cross-ups, block strings, cancels, resets, command buffering, links, chains, p-chains, and a balanced cast of characters.

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
@ Binge

it all depends on what u consider "superior"

Whay u consider superior?

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
im 22 , what the hell are you on about ? the days of space invadors are gone dude! Graphics are the most important factor of a game in this day and age . People want to feel the game , interact with life like environments ..an experience that will get you hooked!!!. Call of duty is the only good FPS on the ps3 console , i admit =) . Even still though i have modern warfare 2 on my pc and i cant even begin to explain to you how much crisper and beautiful the graphics are on pc aswel as gameplay compared to the old ps3 which plays in equivilent to a pc on medium settings with no AA but whatever u reckon budz.

Thats just one example and its the same for every game thats on both . I dont care if you love your ps3 , if u wanna suck its dick go for it . I think the majority of people will agree with me so i dont care if you stay on the bandwagon.

Your pc isn't very good i assume ? edito

Edit: with ur rig you should put ur ps3 in the bin.

Last edited:

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
@ Binge

it all depends on what u consider "superior"

Whay u consider superior?

No no no... if a fighting game does not include functions that make it worthy of tournament level play then it is not a good fighter. People tell me all the time there's no right/wrong/good/bad in art, music, and video games. Right/wrong/good/bad are poor words, but with a little understanding it means simply that something is more suited/applicable/appropriate than another. I will not entertain you with an answer if you could not figure out which kind of games to which I am referencing. EVO tournaments may include SC games, but they are not popular because of the shallow learning curve/competitive play.

im 22 , what the hell are you on about ? the days of space invadors are gone dude! Graphics are the most important factor of a game in this day and age . People want to feel the game , interact with life like environments ..an experience that will get you hooked!!!. Call of duty is the only good FPS on the ps3 console , i admit =) . Even still though i have modern warfare 2 on my pc and i cant even begin to explain to you how much crisper and beautiful the graphics are on pc aswel as gameplay compared to the old ps3 which plays in equivilent to a pc on medium settings with no AA but whatever u reckon budz.

Thats just one example and its the same for every game thats on both . I dont care if you love your ps3 , if u wanna suck its dick go for it . I think the majority of people will agree with me so i dont care if you stay on the bandwagon.

Your pc isn't very good i assume ? edito

He called you out on being opinionated and you're going to troll him? Grow up.

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
yeah ? how about i troll you =)

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
yeah ? how about i troll you =)

You should leave before you try.

Anyone have a copy of Demon Souls? I'm trying to get one to own, but I refuse to pay full retail for a PS3 game.

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
Lol i was just making a point , point proven i guess.

Happy gaming whatever u decide to play , whether it be tetris or crysis.

aslong as ur happy =) im jst really bias toward the pc , i have played both extensivly and the pc wins everytime you dont have to be stupid to know this.

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
@ Xristo69 i wont complain anymore grow up its all i have to say and if u want to compare ur PC to mine lol just try... if the setting u have here are from ur actual PC just try...

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Another PC vs. Console thread? Damn it I thought we beat that horse to death already. TPU is becoming a "Night of the Living Dead Horses" movie.

I own Xbox 360 and PS3 both for one reason.

I want to play RPGs that never come to PC.

That's it.

Over the years, I started to favor PS3 over Xbox360 because Xbox360 was noisy and disc swap started to give me bad chills.

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
@ Xristo69 i wont complain anymore grow up its all i have to say and if u want to compare ur PC to mine lol just try... if the setting u have here are from ur actual PC just try...

So now your comparing your pc to mine jeeze grow up , my pc isnt nothing special i never claimed it was ? but i dont really care because i can play most games on high settings that look another league compared to your ps3 and i can even use the dual shock 3 ;)

Anyway ur not good , neither is your ps3 or the games you play so get over it. If your computer was as great as you say this argument should be different , rich for nothing bastards with no clue that chose their ps3 over their custom built gaming pc :rolleyes: thats hilarious.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
lol consoles vs PC debates are stupid.

Each have good and bad points, each have good and bad games. It all comes down to the end users 'needs'.

So now your comparing your pc to mine jeeze grow up , my pc isnt nothing special i never claimed it was ? but i dont really care because i can play most games on high settings that look another league compared to your ps3 and i can even use the dual shock 3 ;)

Try playing the likes of God Of War III and inFAMOUS on your PC with the Dual Shock 3 ;)

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
No thanks , not into those games so it doesn't bother me . Even if i wanted to im sure i could.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
lol consoles vs PC debates are stupid.

Each have good and bad points, each have good and bad games. It all comes down to the end users 'needs'.

Yes, I totally agree.

The only thing I was trying to point out in this thread really is that PS3(others too)in a ways have caught up to PC. For the simple fact you take it out of a box, hook it up to the TV(or computer monitor like me lol), and game out on what I would call a descent system.

I know the advantages to PC gaming(other things too), but really these days you can't stomp the console out like you used to be able too. PSX PS2 Xbox yes those were piss pour machine IMO, I can say that the PS3/Xbox 360 can hold their own graphic/basic things you can do with PC.

Still M/K fucking rule, and I don't understand for the life of me why they don't just code it into the machines as a playable controller. I am getting better at head shots with a controller, but it could never be as BAM BAM BAM with a good old 5 dollar laser mouse.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
No thanks , not into those games so it doesn't bother me . Even if i wanted to im sure i could.

You shouldnt really be posting in the thread because you clearly dont have a clue about what your slagging off.

If you took the time to do your research, or just turn on your TV, you would know that GoW3 and inFAMOUS are PS3 exclusives......so no, you couldnt play them if you even wanted too on your PC.

Yes, I totally agree.

The only thing I was trying to point out in this thread really is that PS3(others too)in a ways have caught up to PC. For the simple fact you take it out of a box, hook it up to the TV(or computer monitor like me lol), and game out on what I would call a descent system.

I know the advantages to PC gaming(other things too), but really these days you can't stomp the console out like you used to be able too. PSX PS2 Xbox yes those were piss pour machine IMO, I can say that the PS3/Xbox 360 can hold their own graphic/basic things you can do with PC.

Still M/K fucking rule, and I don't understand for the life of me why they don't just code it into the machines as a playable controller. I am getting better at head shots with a controller, but it could never be as BAM BAM BAM with a good old 5 dollar laser mouse.

You dont have to explain yourself to me m8 :) I love sitting on my comfy couch and vegging out playing console games (360 & PS3). If I had the time/cash, I would PC game (mainly for first person shooters) and game on consoles (for exclusives that will NEVER be released on the PC).

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Yes, I totally agree.

The only reason why that happens is because everything is a damn port. It has nothing to do with PC horsepower. But thats a whole different argument thats been had in other threads.

xristo69

System Name Chris's pc
Motherboard Intel dg31pr
Cooling Golden orb 2
Memory 4gb ddr2
Storage 2 x 150gb
Case Atx
Audio Device(s) inbuilt
Power Supply 500w
You shouldnt really be posting in the thread because you clearly dont have a clue about what your slagging off.

If you took the time to do your research, or just turn on your TV, you would know that GoW3 and inFAMOUS are PS3 exclusives......so no, you couldnt play them if you even wanted too on your PC.

You dont have to explain yourself to me m8 :) I love sitting on my comfy couch and vegging out playing console games (360 & PS3). If I had the time/cash, I would PC game (mainly for first person shooters) and game on consoles (for exclusives that will NEVER be released on the PC).

Well that goes to show how interested i am in gow3 , not even a tad . You have no right to tell me where to post , up until now everything i have said has made sense so why dont you just jump on the ps3 bandwagon with ur little frends and continue to play ur shitty ps3 exclusive =) LOSEERR

Ill get back to real gaming ! ciao

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Well that goes to show how interested i am in gow3 , not even a tad . You have no right to tell me where to post , up until now everything i have said has made sense so why dont you just jump on the ps3 bandwagon with ur little frends and continue to play ur shitty ps3 exclusive =)

Ill get back to real gaming ! ciao

Relax buddy. PC vs. Console is as old as the Gods. No need to get snippy. If you want to be mad then be mad about the right things. Like the consolazation of all gaming. Paying for crappy DLC that should have been in the original game or being labeled a pirate and having to send in blood to the publisher every 30 seconds.

If some people like the PS3 more than the PC fine. I'm hip. But be mad at them for not realizing the damage they are doing to gaming by paying for DLC. Not because of the poison (platform) they choose.