• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sidewinder hardware do not use!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Meh companies make mistakes, people have bad days and the world keeps on spinning. I'd say do not use sidewinder if they say took your money and never sent what you ordered, however they were just late. I know I get mega pissed off when ocuk do there oh this isn't broke bs on me but thats just the way stuff is.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
the op has made his opinion known and so have many others can we just get a lock here im asking preemptively before shenanigans start again...

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
I don't understand how it's shenanigans. The customer was unhappy, so he refunded his money. I don't understand how the response was unprofessional. He didn't argue or make excuses. It cut out all the middle crap of dealing with repeated whining emails from someone who obviously doesn't know how to voice a complaint in a civil and polite manner. He's the owner, he's not gonna get fired. :laugh:

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
1. You have no way of knowing if other members get infractions.

2. You are way out of line insulting basically every member who entered this thread

No I just insulted people who insulted me, just because you say that doesn't make it true, read back if you want to see where the flaming started.
I didn't start it. I'm convinced your trying to mess with me Roc.
There is no reason for you to be acting that way what so ever unless you have some sort of personal vendetta with me..

3. Letting your emotions get the better of you on an internet forum never turns out well. Never.
Which is why I'm done with this topic.

4. Drop it. Now it is nothing but drama. Drama, you, I and the rest of the fourm doesn't need.
I couldn't agree more but telling me to drop it is just rude once again.
Why is this such a big deal to you? I have a problem that is clear and honest and yet you seem driven to derail it and make me look like the jerk?

5. Walk away and calm down. There is nothing at all that can be achieved in this thread any longer.
+1

Now, in order to keep a sense of order on these forums, I'm telling you as a moderator to leave this alone. Your compliance is appreciated.

Thank you.

No, your threatening me that if I don't leave the topic
"I posted about my own issue" alone and shut up like the those of you who are fans of this seller want me to, I will be banned.

So now I'm being forced out of my own topic? lol.. and your going to leave it open for everyone else to discuss except me the topic starter?
So I can just be bashed unabatedly by fans of the company with no ability to respond? nice...

Oh yea, I'm done.. no worries there..
I have been officially silenced by the greater powers..lol
420 x 1,000,000,000

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Having worked in customer service and electronics for many years, I know for a fact that I would probably be fired (or at least be in serious trouble) for treating a customer that way. Good thing Gary is the owner. Slow shipping and horrible customer don't make for a great business. I won't be ordering from Sidewinder anymore and will not be recommending them to others. There is a lot of competition out there and many other great companies that treat their customers with respect.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Why do we always have drama? TPU is not a soap, nor should it be one. I think everyone needs to follow JATownes's advice, take a deep breath, play some games. It would help if mods lock this thread up for maybe 12 hours before reopening it for a round of civilised debate. Good night guys.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
And this will be a bad pr for them. They're doing business, not an f/s thread so they had better be careful next time as it seems that this affect some people decision here (and possibly more).

And personally if I were to be put on his shoes, I'll be bitching too, for weeks to come :laugh:

Processor Core i5 3570K
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
And personally if I were to be put on his shoes, I'll be bitching too, for weeks to come :laugh:

Interesting how people react when their smoke is blown back in their faces. Don't treat people like crap, you are a lot less likely to get treated like crap yourself.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
gary is a good guy and runs his shop well.

lately he has been really busy after a recent move and merger with petras tech shop.

i've spoke with him a few times and he is getting alot of impatient angry customers but is doing his best to get things squared away.

a little more understanding and patience from customers would solve these problems pretty quickly but it seems all too many people simply cannot wait and have extremely high expectations.

System Name HAL
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Interesting how a trivial topic like this gets so much traffic :)

Dale, perhaps you should post the full mails you sent and received.

I did.. All I ever said to him was what I posted, why am I saying this again?
It's in his reply email that I posted on the main page, there is no more to it, that's it. ffs..
Your all fans of his site and your trolling me. I see how it is..
Also don't call me Dale, we're not friends, your all shitting on me as far as I'm concerned, no first name basis here.

Make me copy and paste the entire email with codes and times if need be. I have a feeling he's feeding a bunch of you some bullshit and your all eating it up.

This is all I said to him 100%
Are you kidding me,? It just shipped today after I ordered it like 3 days ago? There is no way you guys are that slow, if you are, I won't be doing business with you anymore.

Also please stop asking me questions, I have been warned not to reply in the topic I started anymore because Gary called you guys and cried on the phone or something.

on a side note:
Interesting how people react when their smoke is blown back in their faces. Don't treat people like crap, you are a lot less likely to get treated like crap yourself.

You got a big f-'n mouth on you man, I'm sure your that outspoken face to face too huh. lol..

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
All very true but that in no way constitutes a Business to act in such an unprofessional childish manor.Right?

Sure it does. I treat people with the same level of respect that they treat me. That would still apply with me if I owned a business. (Hell, I get bonuses at my work on customer satisfaction, and I do very well, despite the fact I do not roll over with impolite customers). I would havew done exactly what Gary did.

That said, I've had nothing but good transactions with Sidewinders, and will continue to business with them. I know I will never have a problem with him, because I will always treat him with respect, even if I have a complaint. There is a proper and polite way to complain, and there is the rude and improper way to complain. Learn the difference, and you get a lot further.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64

I mean in getting my order canceled arbitrary. I do try to practice "treat others like you want them to treat you", thank you. :)

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
It's in his reply email that I posted on the main page, there is no more to it, that's it.
to me. ffs..

Also don't call me Dale, we're not friends, your all shitting on me as far as I'm concerned, no first name basis here.

Sir you are not too far from PPC's... why not just order from them? you'd likely have it next day.

i know prices are a bit higher but it would fit your needs of quickness.

just a suggestion.

:)

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
gary is a good guy and runs his shop well.

lately he has been really busy after a recent move and merger with petras tech shop.

i've spoke with him a few times and he is getting alot of impatient angry customers but is doing his best to get things squared away.

a little more understanding and patience from customers would solve these problems pretty quickly but it seems all too many people simply cannot wait and have extremely high expectations.

Would have taken all of 2 minutes to write up a generic apology and this mess could have been avoided. If he's been getting an influx of emails from angry, impatient customers then he should have had one ready. A simple apology wouldn't hurt, it was afterall his fault for the delayed shipping. I've shipped late plenty of times, but I always respond promptly and politely to the PM's I get and all is well. I'm not saying that D007's email was as polite and formal as it could have been though. I can only assume that both sides were having a bad day and this just worsened matters.

Processor Core i5 3570K
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I mean in getting my order canceled arbitrary. I do try to practice "treat others like you want them to treat you", thank you. :)

Then you won't have to worry about being treated like this.

It's in his reply email that I posted on the main page, there is no more to it, that's it.
to me. ffs..

And all we're saying is you're mad because he didn't roll over for you after you were impolite and rude in your complaint. You're also mad because we recognized that fact.

You want to be trolled? Okay. Learn the damn difference between your and you're, then learn how to be polite to people even when you're unhappy. You'll have bettered yourself significantly and made a push towards not appearing to be a whiny, unintelligent crybaby, Dale.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
geez don. you need to chill out.

you have been really angry lately in all the threads i have seen you in.

System Name HAL
Then you won't have to worry about being treated like this.

And all we're saying is you're mad because he didn't roll over for you after you were impolite and rude in your complaint. You're also mad because we recognized that fact.

You want to be trolled? Okay. Learn the damn difference between your and you're, then learn how to be polite to people even when you're unhappy. You'll have bettered yourself significantly and made a push towards not appearing to be a whiny, unintelligent crybaby, Dale.

Yep an aweful big mouth, how many hotdogs can you fit in there? Life experience teaches me one thing, he who has big mouth, has tiny balls. keep talkin like your bad ass, carry that out into the street, see what it get's you.
Tired of this guy, this is way out of line and it keeps being allowed? WTF?! I'm about to quit this site all together if this is tolerated.
you have no right to call anyone anything. you are a spoiled big mouthed child. If your not then FFS go take your riddalin, you got some serious issues dude. I'd love to talk to you about them face to face sometime but your likely stuck behind a sheep somewhere.

Just close this topic already, does it need to continue? really?

Processor Core i5 3570K
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
If you're so tough, why did you edit out your 15 year old Halo online player rant? :laugh:

It's your thread, you can close it yourself under thread tools.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
i didnt read all the post but if i order something on the weekends i would expect it to be shipped monday. i would if bee pessed and called no email :p

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
I have been warned not to reply in the topic I started anymore because Gary called you guys and cried on the phone or something.

Hmmm sorry mate but you got that for insulting other TPU members.
Rein in the imagination and don't post things which you wish happened... but didn't. :shadedshu

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
No more, it ends now. The insult throwing party is over. Would a moderator who controls this section please close this thread. Thank you.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
One thing to remember, Be courteous to them. 2 Business days are not Saturdays usually, Monday-Friday more like it. 3 a phone call is always quicker than a Email (Gets you to the PIC/Manager quicker so they can find out whats going on) 4 Once the product leaves the warehouse its not in the companies hands anymore but the couriers, which Most companies should insure the product.

Last but not least, Take a few days off away from the computer/ forums, go have a pina colada or a corona on the beach.

D

Deleted member 67555

They merged with Petras I didn't know..
Calm down be happy..
I'll buy from them now That I know Thanks for a place to buy from (sidewinder/petra)
after this post i understand why it was like that..(customer service)
I'll do business with em

EDIT: I'd really hate to see this post LOCKED it should simply be moved to GN...NO offense to the OP

Last edited by a moderator:

sidewindercomp

Sidewinder Computers Rep
Thanks to TPU mods for the invite and brief unlock, so we can have the opportunity to comment.

As many of you have noted, we were closed from April 7 - 17th for one week's vacation. Up until today my staff and I have been constantly working to clear the backlog and we very much appreciate those customers that have waited so long for their orders to ship. Quoc and Alex really helped us out while I was overseas and became very ill again.

Regarding the OP's original complaint, I can confirm the following details to clear up some confusion firstly. Customer placed an order with us on Monday, April 26 at 14:49:51 EST, 2010. OP can confirm this via the email confirmation he received. Because we were backlogged from vacation, many orders were still taking 24-48 hours to ship. The note about us being on vacation was left in order confirmations until late Monday, as well as our customer support section, to let folks know that we had been closed.

Customer's order was processed about 46 hours after being placed and a tracking number was automatically emailed. Right after I packaged the order, the customer responded to the shipment notification with the comments that he posted. Customer did not post my initial email reply, which consisted of an apology for being slow, and an offer to refund the order in full.

When I looked at the customer's order again, it had an AVS indication of NYY/NYZ. For those not in the know, this means the numeric portion of the address the customer entered when checking out failed an address check during the original authorization. While the other checks on the card passed, since this one did not, it is an automatic grounds for a charge reversal should he, or another person on the account, make any such complaint. Based on the friendly fraud risk, and the customer's comments and tone, I felt it was in our best interests to decline to accept his order and politely refund him in full - with another apology for the inconvenience and slowness. The resulting email replies have been increasingly inflammatory and of course the OP did not post those. As much as I'd like these to be seen, due to some privacy laws I cannot, and the language being used towards us is not appropriate anyway.

The chips are stacked against merchants when it comes to card charge disputes. Online merchants are fairly powerless to make a counter dispute on smaller transactions without a signed signature receipt, as well as a signature on delivery. Every business has the right to protect themselves from friendly fraud, and unfortunately this type appears to be increasing. With our recent experiences, I've found to protect us from chargebacks, sometimes it is better to not process a charge if we have such an upset customer only minutes after we pack up their order. It surprises me because usually our customers are pleased when their order is processed. The former is not typical and neither is the shipping delay, which is why I've been very thankful to the 98%+ crowd for their understanding. It was my first personal time off from Sidewinder in 28 months, I really, really needed the break and I don't regret it at all.

Its good to be back and I hope to be in better health by next week.
Thanks again for letting me chime in to clear the air.

Gary Stofer
Sidewinder / Petra's

Status
Not open for further replies.