• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Silent VidaBox STEALTH™ Media Center with up to 1,500GB of storage

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
GARDEN CITY, NY - November 22 - VidaBox LLC announces a new silent media center / HTPC system, dubbed the VidaBox STEALTH . Less than 3.6" tall, the STEALTH is a fully-featured, miniature form factor media center featuring a slot-loading DVD±RW dual-layer burner, dual analog tuners, and massive VidaSafe -protected storage of up to 1,500GB.

"The STEALTH is perfect for those who consider silence and small size as definite must-haves, without compromising or sacrificing any features," says Steven Cheung, co-founder of VidaBox. "The STEALTH really shines in home theaters, where noise must be kept to an absolute minimum. Our unique system design, using special heat pipes and heat sinks in conjunction with sound deadening hard drive and DVD drive enclosures, keeps the system completely silent without the use of any fans - which are a major source of noise pollution. The VidaBox STEALTH is so small an quiet - you won't even know it's there!"

The STEALTH can be configured with state-of-the-art hardware, such as the AMD AM2 5200+ Dual-Core CPU, 4GB of RAM, 7950GT video card with dual DVI outputs, or an HDMI 1.2 output with HDCP compliance. Dual analog standard definition tuners with dual high-definition (HD) tuners are also available to record up to four (4) TV shows at once.

"Best of all, the entire system is packaged in a stunningly beautiful case, featuring a black anodized finish, an acrylic glass front panel, along with premium, hi-fi style component feet," Steven continues. "Unlike traditional, passively cooled systems with industrial-looking cases, the STEALTH is truly the first small form factor system that you'll want to show off to your family & friends!"

For more details and specifications on the new VidaBox STEALTH , please visit the company website at http://www.vidabox.com or call (516) 730-7500.

About VidaBox LLC

VidaBox LLC is a systems integration company focused on manufacturing premium Media Center systems. VidaBox is on a mission to create user-friendly, stable, compact, and quiet Media Center systems that work right out of the box. For more information, visit www.vidabox.com or call 1-516-730-7500.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

tofu

System Name Dinosaur
Processor 939 Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.64GHz
Motherboard Sapphire RD580
Cooling OCZ HDT-S1284
Memory Corsair XMS 2x1GB CE-6 DDR480 2.5-3-2-8
Video Card(s) Zotac GTS 450 1GB 850/1700/1850
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 60GB + Hitachi 320GB + Seagate 1TB
Display(s) 2x Samsung 740B 17" LCD
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) ALC880
Power Supply Antec Truepower New 650
Software W7 Pro X64
Nice silent multimedia PC. Look at those big finned heatsinks on the side. :toast:

Not that I would want one (or have the cash), but I'm sure the silent computing gonzos at silentpcreview would like on of these babies.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
balls

i wonder what a low end one costs. im sure i could build one for less than whatever they are asking. and no digital tuners? bah!

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
IF I had the money I would get one since I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time making a PC look neat to be in my Living Room.

System Name AMD '13
Processor FX-6300 @ 4.43GHz (1.35v)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 rev 1.0 (F6)
Cooling Cooler Master T2 + x2 case fans
Memory 2x4Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (Stock)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX650 Ti OC 2Gb @ 1110/1500
Storage Corsair 240Gb SSD / Seagate 500Gb HDD + old skool IDE HDD's x 3
Display(s) Acer 23'' LED
Case Billy Basic
Audio Device(s) Onboard 8.1 HD
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Smenchmarks
1,500Gb thats not to bad, 3 x 500Gb HDD???

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
Propably 2x750GB, don't think 3 HDDs will fit there.

VidaBox

i wonder what a low end one costs. im sure i could build one for less than whatever they are asking. and no digital tuners? bah!
***Official VidaBox response***

Hello Easy Rhino!

The "low end" system costs $4399, but the next system up - the HDTV Edition - is only $4699. With the HDTV Edition, it comes with a dedicated video card, dual analog, and dual HDTV tuners so you can record up to 4 shows simultaneously!

Yes, you can build one for less than whatever we're asking, as this is an old debate among media center/HTPC forums. You can also save money by change your own car's oil vs going to a Jiffy Lube, cooking your own gourmet meals vs. eating out, building your own speakers vs. buying them outright. The extra you're paying for is the confidence of having a pre-engineered product, an all-inclusive warranty, and knowing that the unit will work "out of the box."

Many have claimed that they can build their own systems, and they surely can - but how much time do you want to spend? 100 man hours? 500? 1000 perhaps? Unless you enjoy building your own systems, tweaking them, and troubleshooting them, I'd say that it's far better to buy something vs building your own, similar to the examples given above.

Building a media center is totally different than getting a parts list and building a PC. See some independent evidence of this on http://www.thegreenbutton.com and look how many people are having issues/problems with their build - either in useability, stability, or feature-sets.

Thank you for your interest!

Sincerely,
Steven C
VidaBox LLC

VidaBox

1,500Gb thats not to bad, 3 x 500Gb HDD???

Propably 2x750GB, don't think 3 HDDs will fit there.

***Official Vidabox Response***

It's actually 1,500 GB of VidaSafe-protected storage; it's technically 3x750GB.

For the those unfamiliar with VidaSafe, it's actually the composite of 3 hard drive protection features, and not just RAID5.

a. First, there's RAID 5 - We chose this RAID type because it offers a good compromise between data protection and efficiency. If a drive does fail, VidaBox will be glad to replace the drive for you (parts and labor costs are covered 100%). You can certainly attempt to do so yourself, but note that you will have to pay for your own hard drive & void the warranty by opening the case.

Of course, if the warranty's already over, it doesn't matter at that point and you can surely do it yourself. Nevertheless, we don't recommend anyone doing it by themselves - it's quite easy to accidentally wipe/erase everything if exact procedures aren't done and followed properly. Once the system is wiped, it becomes VERY difficult to restore an operating system based on a RAID array.

b. Second, we isolate and segregate the operating system (OS) and data storage (media) drives logically. In the unlikely event of a virus, malware, or spyware attack that actually wipes and destroys the entire operating system, the OS drive can simply be wiped and replaced, without affecting the media drive in any way. This also has another benefit of easy upgrading from MCE2005 to Vista once it is available.

c. Thirdly, we load, tweak, and pre-configure on a suite of hard drive maintenance and optimization utilities that defragment & keep your hard drives in tip-top shape automatically every night without any user interaction or input. Everything is done automatically, so you don't need to be technically savvy to keep your system running at 100%.

The combination os these three features and technologies is what makes VidaBox very unique - it is not offered on any other media center systems standard!

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Steven C
VidaBox LLC

System Name AMD '13
Processor FX-6300 @ 4.43GHz (1.35v)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 rev 1.0 (F6)
Cooling Cooler Master T2 + x2 case fans
Memory 2x4Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (Stock)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX650 Ti OC 2Gb @ 1110/1500
Storage Corsair 240Gb SSD / Seagate 500Gb HDD + old skool IDE HDD's x 3
Display(s) Acer 23'' LED
Case Billy Basic
Audio Device(s) Onboard 8.1 HD
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Smenchmarks
***Official Vidabox Response***

It's actually 1,500 GB of VidaSafe-protected storage; it's technically 3x750GB.

For the those unfamiliar with VidaSafe, it's actually the composite of 3 hard drive protection features, and not just RAID5.

a. First, there's RAID 5 - We chose this RAID type because it offers a good compromise between data protection and efficiency. If a drive does fail, VidaBox will be glad to replace the drive for you (parts and labor costs are covered 100%). You can certainly attempt to do so yourself, but note that you will have to pay for your own hard drive & void the warranty by opening the case.

Of course, if the warranty's already over, it doesn't matter at that point and you can surely do it yourself. Nevertheless, we don't recommend anyone doing it by themselves - it's quite easy to accidentally wipe/erase everything if exact procedures aren't done and followed properly. Once the system is wiped, it becomes VERY difficult to restore an operating system based on a RAID array.

b. Second, we isolate and segregate the operating system (OS) and data storage (media) drives logically. In the unlikely event of a virus, malware, or spyware attack that actually wipes and destroys the entire operating system, the OS drive can simply be wiped and replaced, without affecting the media drive in any way. This also has another benefit of easy upgrading from MCE2005 to Vista once it is available.

c. Thirdly, we load, tweak, and pre-configure on a suite of hard drive maintenance and optimization utilities that defragment & keep your hard drives in tip-top shape automatically every night without any user interaction or input. Everything is done automatically, so you don't need to be technically savvy to keep your system running at 100%.

The combination os these three features and technologies is what makes VidaBox very unique - it is not offered on any other media center systems standard!

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Steven C
VidaBox LLC

Very interesting read, thanks for the official response :cool:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Yes, you can build one for less than whatever we're asking, as this is an old debate among media center/HTPC forums. You can also save money by change your own car's oil vs going to a Jiffy Lube, cooking your own gourmet meals vs. eating out, building your own speakers vs. buying them outright. The extra you're paying for is the confidence of having a pre-engineered product, an all-inclusive warranty, and knowing that the unit will work "out of the box."
That's a very good point. I'm not saying I don't respect your system (it's very shiny and fully featured), but I think that most people on a tech help forum would be fine with building their own system :). It all depends on specialities, all those points you listed. A mechanic will probably change his own oil, but makes his wage at Jiffy Lube (car shop). A gourmet chef will likely cook his own meals, but probably earns his paycheck at a 5 star restaurant. An audiophile will build his own speakers, but probably earns his money as an engineer....the list goes on. Working out of the box is fine in some cases, but personally, I'll build my own systems.