• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Beep message HP Pavillion?

T

TechnicalFreak

Ok, my friends son's system has a continous beep, according to HP themself it's CPU related (overheated, seriously damaged). The system boots, nothing happens, no POST beep, no screen just black, fans rotate.

Is it the CPU that has taken damage?

It's an older pavillion, "a6412.sc" sticker. s775 DualCore @ 1.8GHz.
More information than this I cannot give.

Thankful for any replies given.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scandinavia region.
Your computer: HP Pavilion a6412.sc Desktop PC Product

Could be either MB; check which bios Award or AMI. Probably Award, since you have the continuous beep code.

Motherboard Specifications, MS-7525 (BostonL) ( Nvidia Chipset and AMI bios)

or

Motherboard Specifications, MS-7525 (Boston) (intel G31 chipset and Award bios)

Award bios beep code: Continuous beeping without pause means; Serious system related problem such as CPU overheating. Could, also, be other system problems. Check your CPU temps, fans spinning (all), run Memory test, replace or check cmos battery (especially in older system), try a different PSU, etc.

Check power connections and all data connections.

EDIT:

Sorry, guess you are saying, it is now not posting at all. Yep it could have bit the big one.

T

TechnicalFreak

Thanks for the reply 95Viper, you have saved my day.
I think also it's the mobo, it doesn't do sh*t right now. No sounds, no screen no nothing...

A hard hit on the case, that could be a valid cause of cpu error, right? I mean, the HS gets dislocated and breaks the cpu.

Last edited by a moderator:

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply 95Viper, you have saved my day.
I think also it's the mobo, it doesn't do sh*t right now. No sounds, no screen no nothing...

A hard hit on the case, that could be a valid cause of cpu error, right? I mean, the HS gets dislocated and breaks the cpu.

Dam*, did you use it as a football?:laugh: Anything is possible.

Just some more info:How to test your computer's PSU Power supply

EDIT: Try removing HS & CPU - check pins - replace with new TIM.