• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water Cooling

Toona

I'm new to water cooling and im looking for something newb friendly. I am want to do water cooling primarily for quiet secondary for performance. Is there a water cooler out there that has a radiator that a fan can be added to or a fan that can be cut on or off. Give me your opinions please on a system??

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
There are pre-made kits, semi-premade kits, and pure DIY.

Pure DIY is most fun, and most challenging. Semi-premade is what a lot if not most opt for, and the rest get fully pre-made ones.

Pick one that suits your needs(and SKILL!).. and you can get more help :)

ATIonion

keep in mind that most cheaper systems will only really just replace the fans (temp. wise)...and some wont even keep as cool as a fan can...

wider tubing, stronger pumps, solid connectors, good radiator, and a good block will make you a better system......if you buy a pre-built system or build your own you should stay away from blocks that have PLEXIglass tops...those can crack overtime and cause leaks....you dont want that...

if you live in the US less money can be spent then you'd think and still get a good performing system.......good luck

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
keep in mind that most cheaper systems will only really just replace the fans (temp. wise)...and some wont even keep as cool as a fan can...

wider tubing, stronger pumps, solid connectors, good radiator, and a good block will make you a better system......if you buy a pre-built system or build your own you should stay away from blocks that have PLEXIglass tops...those can crack overtime and cause leaks....you dont want that...

if you live in the US less money can be spent then you'd think and still get a good performing system.......good luck

Acrylic tops should be ok as long as you dont use extremely cold water... :)

System Name AMD '13
Processor FX-6300 @ 4.43GHz (1.35v)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 rev 1.0 (F6)
Cooling Cooler Master T2 + x2 case fans
Memory 2x4Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (Stock)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX650 Ti OC 2Gb @ 1110/1500
Storage Corsair 240Gb SSD / Seagate 500Gb HDD + old skool IDE HDD's x 3
Display(s) Acer 23'' LED
Case Billy Basic
Audio Device(s) Onboard 8.1 HD
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Smenchmarks
I'm new to water cooling and im looking for something newb friendly. I am want to do water cooling primarily for quiet secondary for performance. Is there a water cooler out there that has a radiator that a fan can be added to or a fan that can be cut on or off. Give me your opinions please on a system??

Where abouts are you located? If your in the uk I can highly recommend XSPC, THERE X20 system works a treat for me! :cool:

Toona

I'm in SC, USA . Thanks for all the replies. I think building my own seems like the way to go with this. I figured DIY would be expensive and difficult to match parts ID tubing and OD flow rate , pump head, fan controllers. But it may be a good project for me I love tinkering. any more suggestions are welcome.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
I'm in SC, USA . Thanks for all the replies. I think building my own seems like the way to go with this. I figured DIY would be expensive and difficult to match parts ID tubing and OD flow rate , pump head, fan controllers. But it may be a good project for me I love tinkering. any more suggestions are welcome.

www.svc.com
www.frozencpu.com
www.xoxide.com

For stuff.. matching isn't too hard.. fun part is filling and getting it set up ;)

System Name AMD '13
Processor FX-6300 @ 4.43GHz (1.35v)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 rev 1.0 (F6)
Cooling Cooler Master T2 + x2 case fans
Memory 2x4Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (Stock)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX650 Ti OC 2Gb @ 1110/1500
Storage Corsair 240Gb SSD / Seagate 500Gb HDD + old skool IDE HDD's x 3
Display(s) Acer 23'' LED
Case Billy Basic
Audio Device(s) Onboard 8.1 HD
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Smenchmarks
Thats true, when you get her filled up and get ready for lift off its great, just to see the fluid rushing through the tubes and blocks is reason enough to go water :laugh: