• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

US Military Bans Medal of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well i cannot understand why a American soldier would buy it even more so after being shot at by them game or not. I know if i was in the army i would not buy a game which involves shooting at your own people real or not.

I'm dam sure the family's of those who lost people in the army are not buying it.

I will buy it my self sooner or later and i understand were they coming from wanting it banned.

After all the Arma use VBS2 for training which makes me even more confused is why all this did not happen when OFP\Arma\Arma2 came out as mods are so easy to get and it's just a modifide version of VBS1 which the army used to use..

Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
exactly - people like 3870x2 seem to forget that America is not the only country or group of people in the world - and just because we always think we are right, does not mean the rest of the world does.

so does that give us the right to portray only our version and pretend the others don't exist? I don't think so.

Not to make this philosophical or anything but that right there is part of the reason for most of the violence in the world. Not only because people don't think of both sides of an arguement, but also because of control of information and how it is portrayed.

{JNT}Raptor

System Name Ummmm...Mine
Processor I7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.29v's load
Motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Cooling Custom 1/2 inch H20
Memory 3x2gb Patriot Sector 7 @2008Mhz 27-9-11-9 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 580 SC 900/1800/1090
Storage 1-Mushkin 60gb SSD 1-500GB WD Black and 2-1TB 32mb WD Black
Display(s) 25 inch Hanns-G 2ms
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Catalina
Power Supply Corsair AX850 Pro Series-Modular
Software All Kinds...and then some.
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 11 P7066 Compare Link- http://3dmark.com/3dm11/251153
bad publicity is still publicity,for me the funniest is that armys that go and kill ruthlessly are whining about a GAME :roll: those army people need do grow some balls :rolleyes:

They banned the sales on bases...they have every right to do so.....your statement pretty much shows me how ignorant you are. :slap:

I'm no fan of the military but all you peeps flaming the military over this are 100% ignorant.....IT'S THEIR RIGHT NOT TO SELL IT ON BASES....THEY ARE THEIR BASES......NOT YOURS. :shadedshu

Stop looking for Sh*t to bitch about.

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64
The best and most fitting comment was this one posted by Santa Claus:

Does anyone know if there are any sub games in the new MOH?

If you play as the US, can you
- get extra points for building a gas pipeline through the country from the caspian sea?
- build up extra XP by growing a poppy farm and use the CIA to ship the opium out of the country
- make a video for wikileaks showing people how to shoot up innocent camera men and cars full of little kids?
- pillage and demolish small villages and get western contractors in to make tons of cash rebuilding it all
- take all the money from land you occupy and funnel it into building more military installations rather than schools and civilians facilities?

I'm hoping the end game sequence is like one of those videos on youtube that you never see, of the soldiers coming back from the war and renouncing the invasion and telling people what really happens over there.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
They banned the sales on bases...they have every right to do so.....your statement pretty much shows me how ignorant you are. :slap:

I'm no fan of the military but all you peeps flaming the military over this are 100% ignorant.....IT'S THEIR RIGHT NOT TO SELL IT ON BASES....THEY ARE THEIR BASES......NOT YOURS. :shadedshu

Stop looking for Sh*t to bitch about.

all your base are belong to us :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
They should ban the game in general cause is sucks so bad LOLZ

AAFES rocks BTW

bad publicity is still publicity,for me the funniest is that armys that go and kill ruthlessly are whining about a GAME :roll: those army people need do grow some balls :rolleyes:

You sir are a complete jackass. This game sucks period and yea i played COD4 on my last deployment to iraq but playing games that involved the taliban and such made me think of "a bad day at work" for me. You have never been in this situation so next time, keep your comments to yourself. THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 3.40GHz (400x8.5)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x Crucial Ballistix DDR2 2GB 4:5 @ 500MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 560Ti 1GB TOP Edition
Storage Crucial M4 128GB SSD + WD Black 500GB WD5001AALS
Display(s) Samsung P2370HD @ 1920x1080 60Hz
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24-bit w/ Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 200W
Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 600w
Software Windows 7 Professional Edition SP1 64-bit
Not to make this philosophical or anything but that right there is part of the reason for most of the violence in the world. Not only because people don't think of both sides of an arguement, but also because of control of information and how it is portrayed.

'nuff said

If you play as the US, can you
- get extra points for building a gas pipeline through the country from the caspian sea?
- build up extra XP by growing a poppy farm and use the CIA to ship the opium out of the country
- make a video for wikileaks showing people how to shoot up innocent camera men and cars full of little kids?
- pillage and demolish small villages and get western contractors in to make tons of cash rebuilding it all
- take all the money from land you occupy and funnel it into building more military installations rather than schools and civilians facilities?

lovin the sub-games. its becoming a real-time strategy game now lol

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Motherboard MSI Meg X570s Ace Max
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600Mhz @ 16/19/20/36 1.35v
Video Card(s) MSI 3080ti with Alphacool Block
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
The first amendment does not apply on military bases. When you sign up for the military you give up certain freedoms, and freedom of speach is one of them.

I again would argue this point. I understand that a violation of Article 134 UCMJ is crucial to the honor and integrity of the Armed Forces. However, the right to free speech, wherein that speech does not violate "all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces" is protected as prescribed by US vs. Wilcox. Unless the enlisted individual violates one of these tenants, the 1st Amendment applies:

1. Commissioned officers from using contemptuous words against the President and other senior civilian government officials.

2. Any person from behaving with disrespect toward a superior commissioned officer.

3. Insubordinate conduct (speech) toward a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer or petty officer.

4. Willful disobedience of an order or regulation.

5. Persons from making provoking or reproachful speeches or gestures towards other persons subject to the UCMJ.

6. Conduct unbecoming an officer.

7. Conduct prejudicial to the good order and discipline of the armed forces, or that will bring discredit upon the service.

Uniform Code of Military Justice, Article 134:
“Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.”

Sorry, but I study the application of law as a living, and the 1st Amendment is NOT to be violated, even by the armed forces. This is the reason for the Uniform Code of Military Justice...to balance Constitutional Rights with security. However, that being said, a military base, and all property within the metes and bounds of that legal description is the property of the United States Government, and any enitity (Gamestop) operating thereon is subject to their "request".

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I would buy it. I would play it. I like playing CS:S as a terrorist force, they have the twin pistols. Perhaps they are bombing a abortion clinic. Perhaps they have taken the people hostage that are creating the next generation of biological weapons.

Really this all boils down to the fact the US always thinks it is right, always thinks they have to moderate other countries, always thinks they have to meddle.

As far as I can see what happens in the middle east is of no consequence to me other than the price of oil will go up and force us to find a alternative or become smarter consumers. Take wheat for example, the world wants it, we have the land, equipment, means and method for producing large amounts. They have some oil, and some other luxury items. They want wheat, we want oil.

Unfortunately the people who meddle in their affairs are also the people who meddle in our affairs.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I would buy it. I would play it. I like playing CS:S as a terrorist force, they have the twin pistols. Perhaps they are bombing a abortion clinic. Perhaps they have taken the people hostage that are creating the next generation of biological weapons.

Really this all boils down to the fact the US always thinks it is right, always thinks they have to moderate other countries, always thinks they have to meddle.

As far as I can see what happens in the middle east is of no consequence to me other than the price of oil will go up and force us to find a alternative or become smarter consumers. Take wheat for example, the world wants it, we have the land, equipment, means and method for producing large amounts. They have some oil, and some other luxury items. They want wheat, we want oil.

Unfortunately the people who meddle in their affairs are also the people who meddle in our affairs.

If you would read the whole thread then you would know that there just banning the sale of it to armed forces not the entire galaxy. :shadedshu

AltecV1

Processor C2D E8400@3.6 ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL-AM
Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory Kingston 4GB 800Mhz cl6
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 700/1000 + Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Storage WD 250 GB AAKS
Display(s) 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Audio Device(s) int.
Power Supply Forton Blue Storm II 500W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
They should ban the game in general cause is sucks so bad LOLZ

AAFES rocks BTW

You sir are a complete jackass. This game sucks period and yea i played COD4 on my last deployment to iraq but playing games that involved the taliban and such made me think of "a bad day at work" for me. You have never been in this situation so next time, keep your comments to yourself. THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

good for you :pimp:

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
If you would read the whole thread then you would know that there just banning the sale of it to armed forces not the entire galaxy. :shadedshu

Dur.:slap:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
How about we keep this civil. I would hate for this thread to cause any "collateral damage" ... so to speak.

AltecV1

Processor C2D E8400@3.6 ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL-AM
Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory Kingston 4GB 800Mhz cl6
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 700/1000 + Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Storage WD 250 GB AAKS
Display(s) 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Audio Device(s) int.
Power Supply Forton Blue Storm II 500W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
We will NEVER truly know what goes on. I hate it that our British forces are caught up in this shit also :( But posting on a tech forum about war wont help.

Status
Not open for further replies.