• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Halo Reach

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
Last edited:

rick22

System Name bubba
Processor e something
Motherboard old but good mobo
Cooling my farts
Memory can't find it
Video Card(s) EVGA 250 took a shit..back to my 4850..fk off ati fanboys
Storage i think i have one
Display(s) not sure but it sucks
Case lol my mouth
Audio Device(s) me
Power Supply ass farts
Software that sucks to
Benchmark Scores i'm so fat i sat on the bench and smashed assssit

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Reach is the best Halo yet IMO. Campaign is as good as you can get when the only thing you do is shoot waves of enemies essentially. Multiplayer is WAY more fast paced than H3, New game types are awesome. Sound is amazing, and the guns actually sound like guns, rather than BB pistols like they did in H3, and Kills are very satisfying (i know thats completely subjective.. but things like that do matter. It feels like combat rather than paintball) Lots of guns with flashy lights and big explosions, if that matters to you. Forge is amazing, forgeworld is MORE amazing!

Get it NAO.

I would have liked a bit more variety of enemy. But the flying missions are pretty good and kind of make up for this blandness. Also, an HALO title without The Flood attacking, just isnt right! (yeah, I know The Flood didnt get released by The Covenant until after the fall of Reach ;) )

Reach just didnt have that EPICNESS of Halo 3. I will always remember that scene were a Flood ship flys overhead and crashes! You just think "oh sh!t, this isnt good!". Then The Flood comes pouring out.......great stuff. I feel like playing through Halo 3 again now lol.

PS: why is it only Master Chief that can dual-weild????

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
I wish, I'm really keen on it but didn't bring my xbox 360 when moving country...

very keen to hear how it is :D

So you just left it in the empty house never see it again ?

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Reach just didnt have that EPICNESS of Halo 3.
PS: why is it only Master Chief that can dual-weild????

Are you kidding me? Reach was so much more epic than H3. Yea, there was no flood, but the missions actually had a feeling of urgency. I guess it's just in the way you view it. However, nothing in the halo universe has ever compared to the epicness of the last mission (the one after the credits.) That scene was almost tear-jerking.

And I know what you mean about dual-wielding, but at the same time, I like the balance of the game better without it. Even the small weapons are now useful in multiplayer. In H3, if you didnt have a sniper, sword, rockets, shotgun, or BR, you might as well just stand in the back. Run and gun with a AR? Forget it.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Are you kidding me? Reach was so much more epic than H3. Yea, there was no flood, but the missions actually had a feeling of urgency. I guess it's just in the way you view it. However, nothing in the halo universe has ever compared to the epicness of the last mission (the one after the credits.) That scene was almost tear-jerking.

And I know what you mean about dual-wielding, but at the same time, I like the balance of the game better without it. Even the small weapons are now useful in multiplayer. In H3, if you didnt have a sniper, sword, rockets, shotgun, or BR, you might as well just stand in the back. Run and gun with a AR? Forget it.

I never play Halo MP, so i cant comment on that :(. Maybe its been too long since I completed Halo 3, but I remember it having more 'meaning' than Reach :confused: You dont really have to do anything on Reach but defeat wave after wave of enemies and press buttons to open doors. I love the vehicle based missions on Reach, although, you didnt get to drive the Scorpion as much as I would have liked.

I seriously need to go back and play through Halo 3 again, so I can judge the 2 games fairly.

I have to agree, the final 'mission' was mad!!

PS: I think one of my problems is being spoilt by the CoD series. I find myself comparing EVERY FPS title to the CoD franchise, when i shouldnt. CoD's storyline is always superb and a tough act to follow.

Last edited:
System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
COD MW2 IMO was one of the most amazing campaigns ever. I was shocked by the balls that the story writers had to actually show washington DC and the White house itself being attacked. It actually made you think, holy shit, what if that actually happened. It was another nearly tear-jerking experience.

And how in the hell could you NOT play halo multiplayer??? Thats like... 90 percent of the game!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
COD MW2 IMO was one of the most amazing campaigns ever. I was shocked by the balls that the story writers had to actually show washington DC and the White house itself being attacked. It actually made you think, holy shit, what if that actually happened. It was another nearly tear-jerking experience.

And how in the hell could you NOT play halo multiplayer??? Thats like... 90 percent of the game!

Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 has the greatest plot in gaming history, IMHO. TBH, if the Black Ops storyline is 50% as good as MW2, I will be happy.

I just never got into Halo MP. I never used to even have XBOX LIVE. I was a PC gamer, I tried Halo 3 on XBL, got pwned by some little American kids and thought 'f*ck this s*it!' lol :)

I must admit, I played FireFight on ODST a little bit (probably the best part of that game).

When I get home from work I think I will give Reach MP a shot ;)

PS: I love CoD MP :D

Processor Ryzen 1600x
Motherboard Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H115i + ML Fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080ti FTW
Storage 1x San Disk Ultra II 960GB, 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB, 2x Western Digital 2TBs
Display(s) Samsung SM2443BW.
Case Corsair 750D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair 850W Modular
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Software Windows 10 - Home 64bit
Even though im not a big Halo or Xbox fan. I have to say Reach is very good even though i will only play offline/ Campagin since i can't be bothered to get Xbox Live Gold.

Nice to fight against the Elites again though. Love some of the later levels on the game as they are brillant.

For GOTY im not sure, high chance it will be Black Ops or Halo but would love to see New Vegas or Civ V to get it really as they are the two games i want.

BTW Reach is my brother's game since he is a massive halo fan.

Chris

Hookey i actually thought it had more meaning than Halo 3 a lot of Halo 3 was just monotonous and they story was really stupid. In Reach you play a pivotal role in the Halo storyline. The storyline is kinda basic with mission objectives usually blow this up or get to this place, kill these guys but i felt the cut scenes are great and it had a sort of ODST feel to it. At the same time its much better than ODST so it makes ODST look plain in comparison, its kinda hard to explain.

The missions where you are in the flying vehicles are actually really good they did the fist flying mission pretty good i would have liked more of that since it reminded me of the Rouge Squadron games!

I thought it was pretty much better than Halo 3 in every aspect. The enemy AI is much better. You fight the elites again and there are commanders for groups of enemies they wear white armour who are slightly better than the normal elites. I hated the flood actually i thought they where boring and just a nuisance.

The online is really good, the firefight modes are fantastic but i feel i was dying a bit easy online especially when your shield goes down you die from practically one hit usually or if your near a grenade blast.

The original Halo campaign is longer but Reach has less filler and boring parts, less travelling around just more into the action and defending places isnt a chore like it was.

EDIT: Game of the Year it has a good chance depends on Black Ops but seriously not looking forward to that piece of shit oh another rehash excellent! Fallout New Vegas has a great chance maybe GT5, Civilization 5 I WISH it could win but it wont. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Fable 3 might have a chance. Two Worlds II LOLOLOLOLOL

JEEZ i deleted the wrong post luckily when i went back a page the text was still there!

Modern Warfare 2 has the greatest plot in gaming history

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Hookey i actually thought it had more meaning than Halo 3 a lot of Halo 3 was just monotonous and they story was really stupid. You play a pivotal role in the Halo storyline. The storyline is kinda basic with mission objectives usually blow this up or get to this place, kill these guys but i felt the cut scenes are great and it had a sort of ODST feel to it. It makes ODST look plain in comparison so its kinda hard to explain.

The missions where you are in the flying vehicles are actually really good they did the fist flying mission pretty good i would have liked more of that reminded me of the Rouge Squadron games!

I thought it was pretty much better than Halo 3 in every aspect. The enemy AI is much better. You fight the elites again and there are commanders for groups of enemies they wear white armour who are slightly better than the normal elites. I hated the flood actually i thought they where boring and just a nuisance.

The online is really good, the firefight modes are fantastic but i feel i was dying a bit easy online especially when your shield goes down you die from practically one hit usually or if your near a grenade blast.

The original Halo campaign is longer but Reach has less filler and boring parts, less travelling around just more into the action and defending places isnt a chore like it was.

EDIT: Game of the Year it has a good chance depends on Black Ops but seriously not looking forward to that piece of shit oh another rehash excellent! Fallout New Vegas has a great chance maybe GT5, Civilization 5 i WISH it could win but it wont. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Fable 3 might have a chance. Two Worlds II LOLOLOLOLOL

I definately need to play Halo 3 again now....I remember it being better than that lol.

I can honestly see Black Ops being the dogs danglers :rockout:

Last edited by a moderator:
I definately need to play Halo 3 again now....I remember it being better than that lol.

I can honestly see Black Ops being the dogs danglers :rockout:

Yeah i can see a lot of people enjoying it which is fine i just didn't really enjoy COD since COD 2 on the PC. I remember getting hi res textures/re skins of Lee Enfield Rifles lol.
BTW the picture was a joke i just think that there are a lot of good storylines in a lot of games, the original MGS comes to mind so does Chrono Trigger.

EDIT: When you fight the Scarab? I think its called that but yeah that mission in Halo 3 is boring.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Yeah i can see a lot of people enjoying it which is fine i just didn't really enjoy COD since COD 2 on the PC. I remember getting hi res textures/re skins of Lee Enfield Rifles lol.
BTW the picture was a joke i just think that there are a lot of good storylines in a lot of games, the original MGS comes to mind so does Chrono Trigger.

EDIT: When you fight the Scarab? I think its called that but yeah that mission in Halo 3 is boring.

LOL, I didnt see the picture as Im at work :( What was it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Star Trek Double Facepalm

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
So you just left it in the empty house never see it again ?

in my parents place yeah, not never to see it again, just for a whole year. I wish I couldhave brought it, my ps3, my home server and my 40" LED TV with me, but shit like that is too much for a suitcase :p

maybe he couldnt use it in the new country because of wattage :confused:

nah wattage and voltage is fine in france, would just need a new cable from the power supply to the wall.

Oh how I miss halo right about now, I still have halo 1 on my modded xbox, every so often (0nce every year or two) me and a mate play through that campain co-op too.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
HDD requirement is probably the biggest ripoff microsoft ever made

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
HDD requirement is probably the biggest ripoff microsoft ever made

In what way? You need an HDD to hold all your data on, including DLC, so wheres the problem? Its shit that you have to purchase the overpriced official MS HDD's. But most people use their common sense and buy the consoles that come with an HDD attached, any of the following:

20GB Premium, 60GB Pro, 120GB Elite, 250GB Super Elite & 250GB New XBOX 360 (aka Slim or 'S')

But, if your taking about the fact that you must have an HDD to play Reach online.....MS are now sorting this problem out. But, TBH, everyone should have an HDD for their console anyway.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
+1 why would you not have a hdd on your 360? even a 20gb is nice. Im thinking about upgrading mine to a 250gb and putting my 120 on my other console

System Name Yami's Rig
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Thuban 2.8 GHZ
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
Cooling Xigimetek Dark Knight, 1x 120mm case fan, 2x 140mm case fans
Memory 4 GB (2x 2gb) Mushkin Enhanced Blacklines DDR3 RAM
Video Card(s) ASUS GeForce GTX 470 1280mb
Storage Samsung F3 1TB SATA + Seagate Free Agent Desk 1.5TB External USB
Display(s) HP 21" Widescreen LCD Monitor (1680x1050) and HP 17" Widescreen LCD Monitor (1440x900)
Case CoolerMaster Storm Scout
Audio Device(s) On Board Sound
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
I still have the 12 GB... ;_; I'm too cheap to buy a bigger one... $130 for 250gb is ridiculous.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I still have the 12 GB... ;_; I'm too cheap to buy a bigger one... $130 for 250gb is ridiculous.

lol, there isnt a 12GB HDD :roll: You have the 20GB but only 12.something GB is usable :D But yeah, the price for the 250GB is terrible. Considering a standard 250GB HDD for a laptop is a lot cheaper.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
I wonder how much it would sell if they also include a PC version and released it all on the same day ;)

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss

lol I bought the arcade bundle (lucky to score HDMI) and was given a 20gb hard drive off my mates first 360 (1st of 5 :eek:)

the first one had some insane graphical artifacting going on once it got hot, so we named it 'seizure time', and now I lol everytime I save something because the hard drive is called 'remenants of seizure time'

gunsmoke

System Name OLD SCHOOL
Processor E6300 1.8 Gig
Motherboard ASUS P5VD2-X rev 0501
Cooling air
Memory 1 x 512 ddr2 1 x 1024 dd2
Video Card(s) ATI hd 3870 PCI-E
Storage 200 Gig ide/ 160 ide / 80 ide / 160 sata
Display(s) samsung
Case Thermaltake Armor Case VA8000
Audio Device(s) on bored
Power Supply 560w silverstone