• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][EU] [UK] Xbox 360 wired controller or Wireless gaming receiver for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heatware
4 0 0
Just as the title say's.

As it stands I broke my wired controller a very short time ago, due to it pissing me off :mad:

I think my brother has a spare wireless controller but will need the wireless receiver for it to work on my PC, so Either one of what's in the title will do nicely.

I know neither item is exactly a huge price but I don't mind 2nd hand as long as it work's perfect :D

Heatware
4 0 0
Bump

P.S can't remember if it's ok to bump WTB threads so please do tell me (nicely) if it's not allowed :D

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Just as the title say's.

As it stands I broke my wired controller a very short time ago, due to it pissing me off :mad:

I think my brother has a spare wireless controller but will need the wireless receiver for it to work on my PC, so Either one of what's in the title will do nicely.

I know neither item is exactly a huge price but I don't mind 2nd hand as long as it work's perfect :D

How much were you thinking of paying for one? My son has a wired XBOX 360 controller, I may be able to get him to sell it lol (he has 2x wireless ones aswell anyway)

Or,

You could grab one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31881

Heatware
4 0 0
That is what I was heading towards, I didn't realise the reciever is actually so cheap nowdays, the last time I looked at the price for one they was going for £25

Then it just leaves me to steal one of my brother's controller's and away I go :laugh:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
That is what I was heading towards, I didn't realise the reciever is actually so cheap nowdays, the last time I looked at the price for one they was going for £25

Then it just leaves me to steal one of my brother's controller's and away I go :laugh:

That one is only that cheap because it will be an Hong Kong knockoff LOL :roll: But Im sure you could find a UK based one cheap now.

Heatware
4 0 0
yep, I have :toast:

£9.99 so it's a fair price for an upgrade to a wireless controller :D

Heatware
4 0 0
Does anyone know if the xbox wireless gaming receiver will work under Win7 74bit? ... just that I'm about to order it and don't want to order something useless due to lack of Win7 or 64bit support.

Heatware
5 0 0
Processor Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1GHZ all core load (8c 16t)
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 240mm
Memory 32GB Corsair 3200mhz C16 (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate (XTXH) @ 2.6ghz core, 2.1ghz mem
Storage 256GB WD Black NVME drive, 4TB across various SSDs/NVMEs, 4TB HDD
Display(s) Asus 32" PG32QUX (4k 144hz mini-LED backlit IPS with freesync & gsync & 1400 nit HDR)
Case Corsair 760T
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed on powerplay mousemat
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Wireless Vive Pro & Valve knuckles
Software Windows 10 Pro
Does anyone know if the xbox wireless gaming receiver will work under Win7 74bit? ... just that I'm about to order it and don't want to order something useless due to lack of Win7 or 64bit support.

well i don't know about 74bit support, but mine works great on windows 7 64bit :p

Heatware
5 0 0
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate (XTXH) @ 2.6ghz core, 2.1ghz mem
Display(s) Asus 32" PG32QUX (4k 144hz mini-LED backlit IPS with freesync & gsync & 1400 nit HDR)
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 Pro
Errm, I seem to be having issue's installing the driver :(

IIRC I just plugged the thing in and let windows sort it all out.

Heatware
5 0 0
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 Pro
Maybe I have one what came DOA :banghead:

Hmm, here's what I'd do:

Download the driver from here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/d...type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=Win7_64&lang=en

When plugged in does the light on the receiver turn on at all? If not can you find it in your device manager? If the light isn't coming on then make sure it's plugged into a USB port on your motherboard (no hubs or anything in between).

**edit**

nvm just seen your other thread - glad you've got it working.

Last edited:
Heatware
4 0 0
Hmm, here's what I'd do:

Download the driver from here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/d...type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=Win7_64&lang=en

When plugged in does the light on the receiver turn on at all? If not can you find it in your device manager? If the light isn't coming on then make sure it's plugged into a USB port on your motherboard (no hubs or anything in between).

Seem's a totally unexpected cause for the problem, HERE is my thread I made I think it's only fair to keep to that one, however I seem to have found the cause of the problem, Splinter Cell Conviction just doesn't seem to want to work correctly for me.

Here's my last quote from that thread...

I installed the software and plugged the device in as it asked me.

As I said last the control's are messed up ie: the start button is actually acting as the right trigger, and clicking the right analog controller pauses the game and so on...

Well anyway's I had a sneaky feeling that something else just wasn't quite right, so I installed a game I played back when I had my 8800GT, Metro 2033... the difference is amazing from the two cards in this game :p) so once installed I also went and borrowed a wired controller (just as a back up tester, but turn's out it wasn't needed the game control's work as they should, so obviously there is nothing wrong with the receiver, just seem's Splinter Cell Conviction doesn't seem to like me, as I also used the wired controller and got the same dodgy control's as I did with the wireless on that game

Status
Not open for further replies.