• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Processor Phenom II X6 1090T (@4GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
Cooling Ocz Gladiator Max (Tuniq TX3)
Memory GSkill RipJaws 1600Mhz (CL7)
Video Card(s) 2 x MSi GTX460 HAWK Edition (w/ SLiPATCH!!! :D)
Storage 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) Samsung T260 26" (1920x1200)
Case Vitsuba Master (modded)
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Extreme (Edifier R-451)
Power Supply CoolerMaster UCP 900w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores Vantage P30000/GPU26000
Other games are ok but only for Dead Rising 2...

Pfffiuuuu... Huge relief to hear that!!! :roll:. I guess it might be not related to patch but may be to driver version? :confused:

My girlfriend has lend me the money for the 2nd 460 (now she hates my computer even more :D), so maybe today I´m getting it. This weekend I may install it and post here everything related to my first experience with sli and this FANTASTIC SliPatch :respect:

Cheers :toast:

System Name IntelSLI Z370 KEW's Rig
Processor Intel Core i7 8770K @ 4.9GHz 1.290V
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition
Memory G.Skill TridenZ RGB 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP Edition 11 GB GDDR5X in SLI
Storage Samsung Evo 256 GB SSD + G.Skill Phoenix III 120GB SDD + 9TB HDD
Display(s) 3x Asus PG278Q in Surround Mode
Case Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB
Audio Device(s) Built-in Audio Sound BlasterX 720°
Power Supply Cooler Master V1200W 80 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Pfffiuuuu... Huge relief to hear that!!! :roll:. I guess it might be not related to patch but may be to driver version? :confused:

My girlfriend has lend me the money for the 2nd 460 (now she hates my computer even more :D), so maybe today I´m getting it. This weekend I may install it and post here everything related to my first experience with sli and this FANTASTIC SliPatch :respect:

Cheers :toast:

Waiting for your good news :toast:

rps13

Hi, I tried installing SLi patch 0.9b and it always tells me that I need to reboot (I tried it with 260.89), is it just because of these drivers because 0.8 installed just fine, but I can't do anything because it always says to reboot...

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Hi, I tried installing SLi patch 0.9b and it always tells me that I need to reboot (I tried it with 260.89), is it just because of these drivers because 0.8 installed just fine, but I can't do anything because it always says to reboot...

Have you tried booting into safe mode and uninstalling patch? :confused:

rps13

Well, I tried with a clean install (no patch applied at all) and it still gave me the error, but after installing 0.8, I rebooted into the non-sli boot option and I was able to upgrade and so far everything seems to work (stable) with 260.63

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Good to hear that, hope you can get it working too with 260.89 ;)

Namtaro

Hello, First and foremost, thank you for the SLI hack.

I have a question, when in the process of installing drivers and the SLI hack do you add your second graphics card? Or do you have to have it already installed on your computer when you start installing the drivers and SLI hack? I've tried every possible way I can think of and every time, after the windows startup screen finishes, I get a BSOD. Can someone type up a quick process of what they did including everything with when they added their second graphics card? Thank you.

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
It's easier to just have both cards in first. I also just leave the bridge on as well. Then just install driver, reboot, install 0.9 slihack, reboot, select sli enabled entry, start sli gaming!

System Name Too old for this
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard Asus Zenith II Extreme
Cooling EK ZIIE Monoblock
Memory 8x8gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz C16
Video Card(s) Asus 3090 EK
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 1tb + Rocket 3 2tb
Display(s) LG CX65 + Asus PG35VQ
Case Asus Helios
Audio Device(s) Creative AE9 + Edifier Luna
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200W
Mouse Corsair M85 Elite
Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk.2
update to 0.8b to 0.9b, all working 100% ok now!!!

driver 260.89 and QUADSLI working on Rampage Formula X48!

Hello friends, I'm from Brazil and my english is not very good because only from Brazil and I'm also new to the forum, so forgive me for mistakes!

I was excited when I knew I could do my Gigabyte X38-DQ6 run SLI, you already subscribe to time but never managed to succeed in my project with my SLI X38!

I will summarize my story to know if you have solution or if I better quit!

I have two VGAs, the first is a ZOGIS 8800 GTS 512 (G92) and the second one EVGA 9800 GX2 1G (2 x G92)!

By NiBiTor tried unsuccessfully to modify the bios so that windows recognize all cards like 9800 GTX, but because I am persistent differences found in the file header in hex between them and was filtering and testing to find which byte or bytes authenticate the change I had already done in NiBiTor, delayed, several times had to put a VGA pci VGAs to recover from a failed attempt, until I found the bytes and thus managed to make all VGAs were recognized as 9800 GTX, all working perfectly with the clocks all the same!

The 8800 GTS 512 was easier to change because it did not change anything physically, putting her alone in the pc it boot perfectly and windows recognizes it perfectly as 9800 GTX, since the GX2 with the change in the bios it started to boot through DVI-2 (formerly the DVI-1), but physically only was this change, because the windows perfectly recognized each board as GX2 9800 GTX!

Individual test video I made with 3 GTX and all gave OK!

Now comes the question that I know that in the case of two 9800 GX2 that are in them is operating with the HOST NV200, 9800 and the last is operating in HOST motherboard in the case of quad SLI with 2 GX2 saw success with SLIPatch and the only difference is they are 4 x VGAs and in my case are three VGAs!

I tried to leave only the GX2 by modifying the bios as I did to get 2 x 9800 and applied the SLIPatch and still not worked!

So I'm resorting to you guys with this challenge because it is not possible to know that 3 x GPUs are the same and yet I couldnt turn on SLI, even with 2x GPU was not, wanted to see if you guys can help me solve this problem and or if there is no solution!

If you want the modified bios, pictures, information of my system is only asking that I send with pleasure, because I am very hopeful that the design gurus SLIPatch can help solve my problem!

Thank you for your attention and congratulations for the project SLIPatch!

I await a return!

Big Hug!

DuMaster

To complement the above post and help with the doubts of my system is as follows two JPGs and Infos !

Thank you for your attention!

DuMaster

Information :

SLIPatch : 0.9b
Forceware : 258.96

OS testeds : Win XP 32 and Win 7 64

Screens of Win Xp 32 below :

Last edited:

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
You can not run GX2 and single g92 , coz you need double MIO links interconnect, no matter which system. So there is lack of back MIO link to GX2.

That for part one.
Part two - GX2 should work without any problem in SLI mode (multiGPU mode) in any motherboard, with stock OS and stock drivers. No need for any mods to have two gpu working on GX2. Coz it have NF200 bridge. Ofc, if you card is not dead. I have dead GX2 which works only 1gpu mode in any mobo)

TIN Hello, I believe you do not notice that both the 8800 GTS 512 on the 9800 GX2 are with a modified bios, just look at the GPU-Z, nvidia panel and device manager, instead of being 1 x 8800 and 2x 9800 GTS GX2, in this place 3 x 9800 GTX, I do not understand is ae, the driver recognized three VGAs identical, because then I can not enable SLI !!!

I'll wait for more opinions, I still have hope because the work was very hard so I could modify the bios for each VGA driver forceware recognized as equal to 3 x 9800 GTX !!!

But anyway thank you for your cooperation !!!

Big Hug !!!

DuMaster

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
They are NOT identical. GX2 uses NF200 bridge! :)

zhuniao

hello,anatolymik! are you here. with the new sli patch of 0.9 beta version and forceware 260.89,i hit upon some good news and bad news about the test on my gtx295-quad sli rig.
the good news is that 3d vision is activated and works nomally.
but the bad news is that in most of games including CoD series, only two gups works and the other two remain idle through the game. when i go back to 258.96 stil with sli patch 0.9, all work fine.
would you please give me some advice to fix it? looking forward to your response.

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
Well, I finally tried SLi patch!!! :)

Bittersweet taste though, I had no problems AT ALL for installing/activating the patch, but I get random BSODs with the statement "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", never had them before and I was fully stable (prime95, lynx, occt, etc). I get them through windows, not while gaming, as I can´t even get to test games prior bsod's.

I tried 0.9b (v1.01 build209) with 2x460 WITH sli bridge on.

I paste a cap where more info can be seen:

Any heads up??? :wtf:

Kind regards and thanks in advance! :toast:

They are NOT identical. GX2 uses NF200 bridge! :)

I understand that the GX2 uses a bridge NF200, but when it does a QUAD SLI with 2 x GX2 you agree that you will have two bridges in each NF200 GX2 and each be connected to the bridge north of intel!

one now doubts that is, when you have two GX2 is possible to enable SLI in three and leave the fourth VGA to another activity, leaving it out of SLI?

Another doubt is, I did a mod-bios to let the three VGAs as if they were three 9800 GTX, which I will try to make a mod.bios for the driver to recognize the 8800 GTS as one of two 9800 GX2 could succeed in SLI with 3 cards??

more than one question, Is not there someone here in the forum, well acquainted with the nvidia drivers because I can not believe that it is not possible to hack the driver to point it to activate the 3-way-sli, I'm not good at programming drivers, could reprogram the bios of VGAs and I ask anyone who can help manupular the nvidia driver to try to help me in this endeavor!

big hug

dumaster

System Name Nexus PC
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 3600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3
Cooling Thermalright Macho V2
Memory 24GB DDR3, 1400MHZ CL8
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon R9 290
Storage Samsung EVO 960 250gb, EVO 850 250gb, Vertex 3 128gb. 2 TB of Rotational.
Display(s) 1xAsus MX299, 2x Asus MX239, Oculus Rift CV1
Case Sunflower Tower
Audio Device(s) C-Media CMI8738/C3DX
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
Software Win7 64Bit Ultimate
I understand that the GX2 uses a bridge NF200, but when it does a QUAD SLI with 2 x GX2 you agree that you will have two bridges in each NF200 GX2 and each be connected to the bridge north of intel!

one now doubts that is, when you have two GX2 is possible to enable SLI in three and leave the fourth VGA to another activity, leaving it out of SLI?

Another doubt is, I did a mod-bios to let the three VGAs as if they were three 9800 GTX, which I will try to make a mod.bios for the driver to recognize the 8800 GTS as one of two 9800 GX2 could succeed in SLI with 3 cards??

more than one question, Is not there someone here in the forum, well acquainted with the nvidia drivers because I can not believe that it is not possible to hack the driver to point it to activate the 3-way-sli, I'm not good at programming drivers, could reprogram the bios of VGAs and I ask anyone who can help manupular the nvidia driver to try to help me in this endeavor!

big hug

dumaster

a single gx2 should be recognized as 8800gts, if im not mistaken :)

i believe the tri-sli you are trying for wont work for physical reasons, namely the lack of interconnections. i can be wrong, but thats what i found out, when informing about unusal tri-sli;)

and no, i dont think you can SLI 3 of 4, im pretty sure you have to use 2 or 4 cores (1 or 2 cards), excluding a gpu should not be possible till now, from what i know

a single gx2 should be recognized as 8800gts, if im not mistaken :)

i believe the tri-sli you are trying for wont work for physical reasons, namely the lack of interconnections. i can be wrong, but thats what i found out, when informing about unusal tri-sli;)

and no, i dont think you can SLI 3 of 4, im pretty sure you have to use 2 or 4 cores (1 or 2 cards), excluding a gpu should not be possible till now, from what i know

hello tin, wafer and friends, I am very grateful for any information, but also to the hope of some solution because I know that even without the SLI bridge was supposed to work because I am informed by the SLI bridge needed to not only create a bottleneck on the bus PCI-E and that even though she was supposed to work.

but if we do not even have to do everything right, I'll have to throw out the GX2 as it is with the DVI-1 with problem (screen turns blue) and HDMI problem too (picture is too blue) and SLI does not work by DVI-2!

there is also uam question by modifying the BIOS would have the possibility to change the stdout, eg to make the DVI-2 is the GX2 on stdout!

I'll be very happy if anyone has any ideas to help me!

big hug

dumaster

Well, I finally tried SLi patch!!! :)

Bittersweet taste though, I had no problems AT ALL for installing/activating the patch, but I get random BSODs with the statement "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", never had them before and I was fully stable (prime95, lynx, occt, etc). I get them through windows, not while gaming, as I can´t even get to test games prior bsod's.

I tried 0.9b (v1.01 build209) with 2x460 WITH sli bridge on.

I paste a cap where more info can be seen:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2618/sliactive.jpg

Any heads up??? :wtf:

Kind regards and thanks in advance! :toast:

when you get bsod?

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
when you get bsod?

Thanks for answering... ;)

They are random, just beeing in windows enviroment, but not with a specific action, sometimes web-browsing, sometimes on msiafterburner (checking temps), etc.

I can not tell of any "specific" action triggering bsod's.

Now I´m back to non-sli os profile until I can find a solution :)

Best Regards Anatolymik :D

Thanks for answering... ;)

They are random, just beeing in windows enviroment, but not with a specific action, sometimes web-browsing, sometimes on msiafterburner (checking temps), etc.

I can not tell of any "specific" action triggering bsod's.

Now I´m back to non-sli os profile until I can find a solution :)

Best Regards Anatolymik :D

bsod same always?
tell me its params
when sli disable upon sli option you get bsod?

elbubi

System Name EnterPrise
bsod same always?
tell me its params
when sli disable upon sli option you get bsod?

Thanks once again for your concern. :)

Tonight when I get home I will continue testing and give you further information.

With sli disabled I did not get any bsod, but to be honest I didn´t spend to much time with it disabled (I was too anxious to enable it :D).

I will get a picture of bsod's, but as far as I rememer all of them were the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" type.

Thanks indeed for your kind support Anatolymik! ;)

Ps: Today v260.89 has became official WHQL ;)

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Working great for me so far. Just wanted to say thanks! :toast:

Waiting on a SLi bridge. :)