• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call Of Duty : Black Ops (official thread)

System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
I'm using FRAPS with 16x MLAA all max settings on my 5850 Crossfire and SP I get around 91 FPS while in Multilayer it's 60-81 FPS ...This bug is a pain in the ass! The need to fix this ASAP! I can now confirm in multilayer that the game freezes and crashes leaving all my money and xp behind! WTF is this BS?
Code:
[B][SIZE="5"]Call of Duty: Black Ops Troubleshooting Guide[/SIZE][/B]

Where to Find Your Config File
Call of Duty: Black Ops config file is location here.

C:\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

Its “config_mp”, you can apply the tweaks in there.

1# Steam Connection Lost, Fix
If you are experiencing the constant connection issues to Steam, you need to be patient as the good guys at Steam are on the problem to fix it.

We are aware of the connection issues occurring on Steam and are working to correct them. Thank you for your patience. – DerrickG

2# Call of Duty: Black Ops Lag Fix – 100% System Resources Usage
If you are experiencing lag because your system usage goes up to 100% when you start Call of Duty: Black Ops, you can try the following workaround.

Run Steam in Offline mode.
Start Black Ops.
End the steam.exe process.
3# Game Unavailable – Steam
Gazilion people are trying to download the game from Steam, servers are too busy to handle your request, give it few hours. Or logout of Steam, restart Steam, and try again.

4# Black Ops Crashes After Changing Resolution
If you would change the resolution, it may crash the game. Same happens if you ALT-TAB during the game. No workaround but, there was an update done automatically via Steam, I believe it fixed this but you can correct me if I am wrong and I will search for workaround then.

5# Call of Duty: Black Ops Can’t Join Multiplayer Games – Stuck at Loading 
Seems like servers are overloaded and as I quoted the Steam employ above, they are fixing this.

6# Steam Goes Offline – While Joining Multiplayer Games
Steam goes offline when you start Multiplayer ? and it kills your friends list ?. I don’t have any possible explanation to this but I am looking into it. Will update when I have something.

7# How to Change FOV
You can change it from the menu, and console /cg_fov 80.

8# Call of Duty Black Ops Sound Fix, No Sound Fix
You started the game, game runs fine but there is no sound. Now the thing is the game is reducing the sound by a considerable percentage that you can’t hear it. The game may also be muting the sound on start, similar sort of problem was with Call of Duty World at War. Anyway, you can fix this issue by the following workarounds.

Solution #1
1. Start Game.
2. [ALT] + [TAB]
3. Go to your system try by your clock and locate the icon that looks like a speaker.
4. Now, either right click on speaker and and chose “open volume mixer” or left click on it and click “mixer” underneath the volume slider.
5. You should now see Call of Duty: Black Ops volume control, drag it up to the top.

Solution #2
Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Sound > Click on Communications Tab and select “Do Nothing” radio button and it will fix this issue, its a permanent fix.

Solution #3
If on the launch game mutes your sound, you can un-check the mute and the sound will come back.

Solution #4
You can also force the game to run in compatibility mode to fix this issue. Find the exe in the steam folder, and run it in compatibility mode for XP. This will force direct X 9 and the sound will work.

Solution #5
If the game is recognizing your audio device wrong, like you have headphone connected and it is showing speakers. Also you are unable to change the settings, then try this.
Go into the installation folder, then the redist folder then the Directx folder and run DXsetup again. After that go in game and see if you can change audio device, you should be able to. Tip by Rouss3l

Solution #6
Right click on the speaker, select playback devices, highlight sound device you use, click Properties, and then Advanced Tab and select 16bit, 48000hz(DVD quality).

Note. Update your sound card drivers and DirectX, it will help the cause.

9# Game Doesn’t Start
First if you have downloaded the game from Steam, try to run the game from the installation directory. If you get the dll missing error, download that dll file into you Black Ops installation directory and run the game. You can download any or every DLL File from here.

Do an integrity check to see if you have missed any files, Steam will automatically download these files. Start the Singleplayer mode, and then you can go into Multiplayer. This may fix this issue for some.

10# Call of Duty: Black Ops Freezes
If you experience a freeze while playing online, it is also possible that you may be having a network problem. If you are experiencing freezes while playing the game on console, try running the game from the disk and make sure your disk is scratch free or don’t have any physical damage. If you are experiencing freezes on PC, make sure you have updated video card drivers. Disable any antivirus or firewall you have installed and see if that resolves the game freezing.

11# Call of Duty: Black Ops Crashes

12# Call of Duty: Black Ops Crashes to Desktop
Re-install DirectX located here.

steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\Redist\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe

13# Call of Duty: Black Ops Black Screen Fix
Run the game in your native desktop resolution and see if that fixes the issue.

14# Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Port Forwarding
You need to all inbound and outbound traffic on these ports (means you need forward these ports).
Nintendo Wii – TCP [443, 3074] UDP [3074, 3075]
PC – TCP [3074] UDP [3074]
PlayStation 3 – TCP [80, 81, 443, 3074, 5223] UDP [3074, 3075, 3478]
Xbox 360 – TCP [80] UDP [88, 3074, 22728, 33233]

15# Call of Duty: Black Ops Stuttering Fix
If you are experiencing stuttering while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops, try the following workaround.

Open task manager.
Right click on Call of Duty: Black Ops Process.
Set Affinity and select one CPU, only one.
16# Call of Duty: Black Ops 100% Resource Usage Fix
1. Log into steam, bring up the game, bring up the server list (but don’t join a server yet) Since the server list is lagging for many people, you may want to quickly click to the “recent” tab as soon as the server browser pops up so as to avoid the lag.
2. CTRL + ALT + DEL and bring up task manager, then, click the “Processes” tab.
3. Right click on your steam process and go to affinity, set this to Core 0
4. Do the same for the game process, but set it to the rest of the cores ONLY (all but core 0 )
5. Next, right click on the game process again and set the priority to max.
6. Bring the game back up and join the server of your choice, it should run smoothly. Tip by crimsonlung

17# Call of Duty: Black Ops Direct X Error
If you have come across “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions.” Update your DirectX, if you have updated DirectX, then install the DirectX that comes with the game and this will fix the issue. Restart your computer after installing the DirectX that comes with the game, and re-launch the game. It will hopefully run fine now.

18# Servers too Busy – Install Disk Fix – Steam Server Currently To Busy To Handle Request
If you are unable to download the game due to busy servers, try setting the servers to US, and see if that helps. Or just change your geographical location, try different regions. How to do it, follow the instructions below.

Open Steam.
Click the Steam tab in upper left corner.
Open Settings.
Click the download/cloud tab.
Select som random country in the download region bar.
Reboot steam.
Close steam, then install from cd.
19# Game Crashes at Menu
You start the game and it instantly crashes when it gets to where it asks you to press any button. Windows 7 loading ring replaces my cursor and the original cursor freezes. What to do now ?
Delete my config.cfg and replacing it with the config_mp.cfg. Just copy and paste the config_mp.cfg and rename it to config.cfg. You’ll find the files under

steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

20# “BlackOpsMP.exe has stopped working” Fix
First run the Singleplayer and see if it downloads the missing file. Just run it, after that run the multiplayer and now it will work fine.

21# Call of Duty: Black Ops Lag Fixes
You can try the following hot fixes to resolve the lag issues in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Solution #1

Open Console (`)
Type cl_maxpackets 100
Close Game.
Solution #2

Right click on Black Ops Multi in Steam games
Go Properties -> Updates -> Untick Enable steam cloud sync.
Solution #3
If it still doesn’t help you can try the following.
Go to Steam > Settings > In Game > uncheck “Enable Steam Community In-Game”. Load game and see if it works.

Solution #4 
Turn off the in-Game Game Shadows.

Solution #5
1. Start Black Ops Multiplayer,
2. Оpen your Ctrl+Alt+Delete and get in Task Manager! (Ctrl+Shift+Esc as shortcut).
3. Go to processes tab, then select Steam.exe
4. Go down to Set priority and set to Low.
5. You can do the same to BlackOpsMP.exe but rather set it to High – that bit is up to you.
6. Switch back to Game. Tip by rubeybad

22# Call of Duty: Black Ops FPS Increase
1. Download the file here and unrar it to your desktop.
2. Find your Steam folder ( C:\Program Files\Steam).
3. Then Steam Apps folder > Common > Call of Duty Black Ops > Main Folder ( C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\main ).
4. Once in this folder “Main”, drag or copy / paste the config inside.
5. Start Black Ops.

You may only find FFA matches now though, so try the alternate method and see if it doesn’t change your ability to join other game modes and share your results.

Alternatively, you can copy only vars with r_ at beginning, and paste them in your config file and it will do the magic. You will gain around 30 FPS on average.

23# Stuck at Fetching Stats
Servers are busy, patience.

24# Call of Duty Black Ops EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE 
Verify the integrity of the game cache and make sure you have set the correct zone for yourself. Select UK only if you are in UK etc. Or start Singleplayer once and see if that helps the cause.
If you attempted to decrypt your pre-load, it means the decryption failed. Delete Black Ops, and delete any associated NCF files in

/steam/steamapps

Also Black Ops folder in

steam/steamapps/common

and try again.

25# Call of Duty Black Ops Crashes on Start Up
Re-install DirectX located here.

steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\Redist\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe

26# Game Launch Fix
If you are trying to run the Multiplayer before you run the Singleplayer and it isn’t running or launching the game. You click exe and nothing happens, try running the singleplayer first.

27# Steam Crashes When Running the Game

28# Connection Interrupted Fix
If you are facing connection issues now, make you have disabled the downloading in game. If you haven’t Go to Settings – Multiplayer – Allow Downloading – OFF.

29# Call of Duty Black Ops Crashes, Freezes, Errors, and Fixes (General Fixes) via Activision Support

1. Make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements.
2. Make sure that you have the latest video and sound drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
3. Set your desktop to a resolution of 1024×768, 32 bit True Color.

For Windows XP

Right-click on your desktop and select Properties.
Click the Settings tab.
Set your screen area to 1024×768.
Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
Click Apply and OK.
For Windows Vista\Windows 7

Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
Click on Display Settings
Set the resolution slider to 1024X768
Set the colors to Highest (32 bit).
Click Apply and OK.
4. All background applications should be shut down prior to running the game.
Go to the Start bar and select Run. (If you are on Vista or Windows 7, hit the Windows key and the R key at the same time)

In the Run window, type in msconfig and hit enter.
Once the utility comes up, go to the Startup tab and hit the Disable All button.
Next go to the Services tab and check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox and then hit the Disable All button.
Hit the OK button and close the utility, and restart your computer when prompted to.
Windows XP Sound Acceleration Fix

Click the Start button > Settings > Control Panel.
Double-click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon.
Click the Volume tab.
Under Speaker settings, click the Advanced button.
Click the Performance tab.
Reduce the Hardware acceleration to Basic, the 2nd notch from the left.
Click Apply and then OK 2 times. Run the game now. Don’t forget to turn the acceleration back up to restore the high-end features for your sound card when using other applications.
5. Uninstall Call of Duty: Black Ops and Force a Disc install.

Launch STEAM and click the ‘My Game’ Tab.
Right click on Call of Duty: Black Ops and click ‘Delete local content’. The non-installed information will appear next to the game.
Insert Disk 1 into your DVD drive and close Steam (File, Exit).
From the Windows Desktop, click on the Start Button, (XP) click Run (Vista) type Run into the Start Search box and choose Run from the list.
In the window Run box enter the following:

c:\program files\steam\steam.exe -install E:

If your CD/DVD drive is not E: please change it accordingly. If Steam is not installed within c:\program files\steam, change the path accordingly.

Press OK, Steam should now start the installation from the Disk 1 and will ask for Disk 2 a bit later on.
At the end of the installation process, Steam will connect on Internet to download a small update which should take no more than few minutes.
6. Delete all files in the Windows/Temp directory

Windows XP

Click the Start button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
Select the drive you want to cleanup such as the C: drive.
Click the Clean up button.
Windows Vista\Windows 7

Click the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
Select the drive you want to cleanup such as the C: drive.
Click the Clean up button.
7. If you have multiple drives capable of reading the disc then try installing from your other drive(s).

30# Call of Duty: Black Ops Error – “Steam Must be Running to Play the Game”
Make sure you have Steam running before you start the game, if steam is causing the 100% resource usage, you can kill the Steam process after you have launched the game.

31# Call of Duty: Black Ops Stuttering Fix
You can try this tweak and see if it helps the cause.

seta r_multiGpu “0″
seta r_multithreaded_device “1″

Or

Disable Steam Cloud and In-Game Community; Make steam.exe use 1 core and set priority to low.
Tweak config and set multigpu = 0, multicore = 1, vsync = 0, maxpackets = 100.
Run the game on high settings.
Go into nvidia Control Panel and use advanced settings to force high end settings, 16xAA, 16x Anisotropic, Quality if your graphic card is powerful that is.
32# Call of Duty: Black Ops ATI Graphics and Performance Issues Fix
If you are on an ATI video card, you may want to apply this ATI Catalyst Hotfix to resolve any graphic errors or low performance issues you come across.

33# Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombie Mode – Session is no longer available

34# Corrupt file mp_duga.ff
Verify the integrity of the game cache in Steam. Right click on Black Ops shortcut in Steam Library, go to Properties, then Local Files, then click Verify the Integrity of Game Cache.

35# Call of Duty: Black Ops Black Screen of Death Fix
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements of the game.

36# Can only see FFA no other Game Modes Online
If you have applied the FPS increase config and are left with only finding FFA game modes online. Try the alternate fix or reset your config files by deleting the config file located here, which will reset everything.

steam/steamapps/common/blackops/players

37# Call of Duty: Black Ops Sever List Empty Fix
Reset the Server Filters, and it will show the servers now.

38# Call of Duty: Black Ops Lag Fix
1. Find the Black Ops configuration file located here.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

2. Open config.cfg in Notepad and find “multiGpu”, “multithreaded_device”.

If you are on SLI or Crossfire, set multiGpu to “1″ otherwise, “0″.
If you have a multiple core CPU set multithreaded_device to “1″.
39# Poor Framerates and Performance Issues Fix

In windows go to “Run” and type “msconfig”.
In msconfig go to “Startup TAB” and press ‘Disable All’ button.
Now go to “Services TAB”. Check ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and press the ‘Disable all’ button.
Apply the changes and press OK.
via Activision Support

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
Running it on my rig now. Want to benchmark. Fraps doesn't seem to play nice with it, though. I have 3.0.3. Anyone else using Fraps with it?

It stutters something chronic on my mate's rig with FRAPS running, whether SP or MP. I'm unsure of which version he's using, he's offline now so must have gone to bed.
I'm glad I didn't buy the game now :laugh: I got mobile broadband it'd be unplayable online!!

Last edited:
System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
Got Fraps working. Just ran two benchmarks and averaged the results.

Settings and specs out of the way here:
CPU: i5 750 @ 4.0GHz
GPUs: 3x stock clocked 5870s, CrossFireX
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

Anti-aliasing: 4 samples
Anisotropic Filtering: 16 samples
Resolution: 1600x1200
Vertical Sync: No

Setting: Single Player, beginning of mission "The Defector"

Benched With: Fraps, 5000 frames
Notes: Manually set the following values in my \steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players\config.cfg file:
seta sys_configureGHz "4.0"
seta sys_sysMB "8192"
seta r_multiGpu "1"
seta r_multithreaded_device "1"
seta animated_trees_enabled "1"
seta cg_drawFPS "1"

Note that the config.cfg file must also be set to read-only in Windows to prevent the game from automatically reversing some of these changes.

A curiosity: com_maxfps is still set to "85".

MinFPS|AvgFPS|MaxFPS|StDev
5|80|174|20

Framerates are based on measurement of every individual frame so min and max framerates should be taken with a grain of salt; standard deviation puts that into perspective and can be an indicator of microstutter (lower = more consistent framerate).

This game is all over the place.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
System Name Turbo_Fighter/Pitbull
Processor AMD FX-9590/Intel i7 6700K 4.7GHZ @ 1.41 volts
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0/Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Cooling Corsair H105/Corsair H100iv2
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Ares/32 GB G.Skill Trident-Z
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon R9 Fury X/Sapphire R9 Nano
Storage Mix of HDDs SSDs Externals and a 256GB Samsung M.2 in the pitbull
Display(s) 24" Nixeus 144hz freesync/24'' Benq XL2420TE/21.5'' Asus VH226/Panasonic 42" Plasma
Case White Phantom NZXT/Fractal Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) MayFlower O2 ODAC/HT Omega Claro+/Turtlebeach Earforce DSS
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i/Thermaltake Smart 650Watt(EVGA GS 650 Watt took a shit on me)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores They can run Crysis.
Single Player is fine for me, multiplayer for the most part is fine for me ocassionally pausing for a split second, not as frequent when i first got the game. But as a whole it does infact run like shit, it looks marginally better than WAW, but runs atleast 50% slower. I should be able to get a solid 125 fps with max textures, no glow, no specular, no shadows, and no DoF, but instead i get a frame rate that is all over the place, from 55-125.

System Name Crukins
Processor Intel i7 8700k @ 5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i
Memory 16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS RX480 Strix 8GB @1345MHz
Storage Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB + 5.25TB HDDs
Display(s) Samsung SE790C 34" Ultra-wide/Curved 3440x1440p 60hz
Case Corsair 750D Obsidian
Audio Device(s) Onboard - Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System/Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair HX850i Modular
Mouse Corsair - Dark Core SE + MM1000 Mousepad
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX - Blue Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I truly believe if more people thought that way game companies wouldn't feel they can get away with charging SO much for SOOO little.

I'd have to slightly disagree there when it comes to CoD. I payed something like $80-$100AUS for CoD4 and then ended up with literately a MONTHS worth of gameplay through out the last few years - that was more than worth it.

Same deal with MW2 and BO. Sure, MW2 was a pathetic excuse for a PC game, but I still got around 50hrs out of it(jack all, since I ended up getting bored of lag and hackers), which is far better than A LOT of other games out there for the same price.
For example; I payed $90 for ArcaniA and expired all re-playability within 17hrs(the second half of the game I didn't even enjoy - so much for a real Gothic game), Metro2033 in 10hrs and don't even get me started with AvP2010 or Alpha Protocol (so buggy I barely got two hours worth, and afaik said bugs haven't been fixed).

Yes, the CoD games coming out now are basically all the same, but for people like me who get dozens if not hundreds of hours out of the multi alone, it's well worth the $100AUS pricetag compared to most other games out/coming out these days.

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Requirement question

These specs below are of my second gamer. According to can you run it , it won't play BO.
Is any one running it with below required specs ? I' hoping the video card can make up for
what the CPU lacks.

Processor: Athlon x2 5600 2.8/ Motherboard: Gigabyte M68M-S2P / Cooling: Case OME /
Memory: 2GB Samsung DDR2 5300/ Video Card: Powercolor HD 4870 1 GB DDR5/
Hard Drives : 2 Seagate 80 GB 7200rpm / Optical : Atapi DVDRW Optiac DVDRW/
LCD: Proview 19" ws/Case: Systemax (case & cooling)/
Sound:Realtek HD onboard(Altec 5.1)/ PSU:550 watt ToPower/

Stak

System Name nGigabyte GTX-58 Blue Flash
Processor Intel Core I7 920 @3.885 (3.7 with turbo)
Motherboard Gigayte EX-58 UD3R
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory Kingston Value Ram DDR3 @1800 Mhz 6Gb
Video Card(s) MSI N470GTX OC 751/1501
Storage WD 640 GB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG Flatron LW207
Case Antec 902 with cooler master extra side panel fan(blue led)
Audio Device(s) on board HD
Power Supply Cooler Master gold 800W
Software Win 7 64 bit
Benchmark Scores Above avg

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I just noticed the rapper Ice Cube is the voice of one of the soldiers

PS

Happy veterans day :)

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
Got talked into the PS3 version and I hate it....should have gone with the PC version...but most of my friends are console newbs.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Got talked into the PS3 version and I hate it....should have gone with the PC version...but most of my friends are console newbs.

Return that shit and order from steam or better yet return it and buy bad company 2 and Vietnam DLC

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
I'd have to slightly disagree there when it comes to CoD. I payed something like $80-$100AUS for CoD4 and then ended up with literately a MONTHS worth of gameplay through out the last few years - that was more than worth it.

Same deal with MW2 and BO. Sure, MW2 was a pathetic excuse for a PC game, but I still got around 50hrs out of it(jack all, since I ended up getting bored of lag and hackers), which is far better than A LOT of other games out there for the same price.
For example; I payed $90 for ArcaniA and expired all re-playability within 17hrs(the second half of the game I didn't even enjoy - so much for a real Gothic game), Metro2033 in 10hrs and don't even get me started with AvP2010 or Alpha Protocol (so buggy I barely got two hours worth, and afaik said bugs haven't been fixed).

Yes, the CoD games coming out now are basically all the same, but for people like me who get dozens if not hundreds of hours out of the multi alone, it's well worth the $100AUS pricetag compared to most other games out/coming out these days.

that's a great answer actually, thank you. but that only really says why it is worth it to you.

I still don't think it's right to price a game on how much people are willing to pay for it/how many hours they will get (solely) , and not on how much the development cost actually was.

what if puzzle quest or bejeweled or all the other small games did that? people put hundreds of hours into those games. they'd be more than "AAA" titles. the only difference is CoD has a name people are WILLING to pay a premium for. that doesn't make it ok to charge so much, imo.

I do understand now though how it is worth it for you guys. The longest I have played a single game in recent years was BC2, and that's at about 80 hours, and that's over a year. If I found a game that could keep my attention that long, it'd be worth the price to me too.

that still wouldn't make it "ok" to charge so much though.

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
I still don't think it's right to price a game on how much people are willing to pay for it/how many hours they will get (solely)

Think what your dingolings would be worth if you
based it soley on how many hours you played with it :D

RockON

System Name MY DREAM MACHINE
Processor Intel Core i7 950 (3.07) GHz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth x58
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B + 2x Delta 125x25mm 4000 RPM 150.3 CFM in pushpull
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 1.5V
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR PCS+ ATI Radeon HD 5870 (OC 875/1225)
Storage Seagate Berracuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
Display(s) Dell SP2309W 23" 2048 x 1152
Case COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Full ATX
Audio Device(s) On Board RealTek HD Audio
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W ATX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
If you can run CoD MW2 then you can run CoD Black OPs. I did it. I have Radeon HD 5870 and I get 91 Frames everything at highest and max. Screen res 2048 x 1152.
Chears it runs great...
hope this helps

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
What? I run the COD series on far less than that and I run everything at max. Single core is sufficient, and a lower tier gfx card is too. The COD series is extremely well optimized, well at least the engine is.

BTW: This is a game I am interested in. Once I heard about gambling and "One in the Chamber," I knew that this was going to be neat. I totally skipped MW2 cause of the dedicated server BS, and am glad I did. Inb4 some politician says: "Black Ops teaches our kids to gamble and kill taliban, do you want your children to have those values?

MW2 was not at all! i can get 200FPS in CoD4 and maybe 175FPS in WaW, in MW2 it was REALLY laggy like 40FPS :shadedshu

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!

The PS3 version is meant to be the worst one........well, its probably better than the Wii version :roll:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Just in case you are not a believer, H has posts news about the many issues people are having. Catalystmakers has also twitted this information about it as well. Again, still waiting how long it takes them to make some sort of annoucement.

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)
well, its probably better than the Wii version

Oh come on, in the Wii version you can at least throw a tomahawk correctly. On the PC, I have to awkwardly stab for my "g" key to throw it. I quickly remapped that to middle mouse. My god they have no idea how to keymap.

Not to mention the game has lower FPS than me running Crysis maxed out on a 1960's supercomputer. Fuck, I mean they must have tested the game on a Cray XE6, and then seen that it runs well on that so it must run well on all hardware. Treyarch is full of idiots. I can run MW2 flawlessly, but BO? No.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I bet the Wii version is the best hands down. At least it has an excuse to only be 8 vs 8 with crappy graphics.

Stak

Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Software Win 7 64 bit
but does it run good? at gt470/hd5850 systems? it might run crappier than MW2 but it also lookst better. so thats not a surprise.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
but does it run good? at gt470/hd5850 systems? it might run crappier than MW2 but it also lookst better. so thats not a surprise.

Looks better then what?! Its the SAME ENGINE.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only

Sell or trade it with me? :D

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
5.6 million copies sold on 1st day. MW2 only sold 4.7 million on the 1st day
link

Stak

Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Software Win 7 64 bit

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)