• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which Sound Card to get?

Which Sound Card to get?

• Total voters

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
if i was to replace my SupremeFX 2 i would go with Auzen although with it supporting DTS and DolbyD i have never bothered.

Does the SupremeFX X-Fi 2 support DTS and Dolby ? ( you may have to enable it though the sound options ).

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
Musiland Monitor 02 US. 120$ off ebay including shipping and it really is a great little box. Gives me great audio with my PXC350s.

System Name Majestic Command 3.0
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro 4
Cooling Corsair water loop
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4
Video Card(s) RX 5600 XT
Storage 1TB WD Black SN750 M.2, a home server
Display(s) Asus VG249Q
Case Darkflash DLM22 - black
Audio Device(s) X-Fi HD>AT-HA25D>FR-N71X
Power Supply EVGA 600W standard
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE
Software Windows 10
I'd probably go for Johnnyfive's X-fi card. The quality is acceptable, Dolby Digital live can be purchased for $5.77 if needed as well. For headphones, The Audio Technica ATH-AD700s have an excellent reputation and can be found on the cheap.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
If you are still looking for a soundcard with a headphones amp - try a Asus Xonar ST/STX or Xense (Xense is the new one) though in reguards to gaming on EAX titles you may have some teething issues with compatibility but IMHO thats been sorted out with the tweaked GX mode engine in the new drivers - otherwise theres an 80% chance of a BSOD or CTD even running EAX2.0 on older games - a feature Xonars supposedly support thats not emulated like more newer versions of EAX.

I had a Creative XFi Titanium Fatality Pro previously but that died and switching to a Xonar has been like getting my ears replaced. sounds are so rich with brilliant clarity.

again with gaming - Asus hasnt really masterd the EAX side of it. when playing some games like counterstrike - you can sometimes hear footsteps echoing from right across the map or through walls. but asside from that. it works well enough

System Name Micro Mule
Processor Intel i7 950 Stock + Noctua NH-C14
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Gene MicroATX
Cooling Noctua 120mm/80m Fans
Memory Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus nVidia GTX 580
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD
Display(s) LG 42LD650 42" LCD HDTV
Case Silverstone Fortress FT03
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD + Sennheiser PC360 Headset
Power Supply Corsair AX850 - 850W Modular Gold
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
if i was to replace my SupremeFX 2 i would go with Auzen although with it supporting DTS and DolbyD i have never bothered.

Does the SupremeFX X-Fi 2 support DTS and Dolby ? ( you may have to enable it though the sound options ).

I'd probably go for Johnnyfive's X-fi card. The quality is acceptable, Dolby Digital live can be purchased for $5.77 if needed as well. For headphones, The Audio Technica ATH-AD700s have an excellent reputation and can be found on the cheap.

... can't do that; as I said I need a sound card with built-in headphones amplifier ...

Musiland Monitor 02 US. 120$ off ebay including shipping and it really is a great little box. Gives me great audio with my PXC350s.

... thanks, but I'm not really interested in USB sound card otherwise I would have opted for Logitech G930 Wireless Headset instead of this hassle ...

If you are still looking for a soundcard with a headphones amp - try a Asus Xonar ST/STX or Xense (Xense is the new one) though in reguards to gaming on EAX titles you may have some teething issues with compatibility but IMHO thats been sorted out with the tweaked GX mode engine in the new drivers - otherwise theres an 80% chance of a BSOD or CTD even running EAX2.0 on older games - a feature Xonars supposedly support thats not emulated like more newer versions of EAX.

I had a Creative XFi Titanium Fatality Pro previously but that died and switching to a Xonar has been like getting my ears replaced. sounds are so rich with brilliant clarity.

again with gaming - Asus hasnt really masterd the EAX side of it. when playing some games like counterstrike - you can sometimes hear footsteps echoing from right across the map or through walls. but asside from that. it works well enough

... I've heard the same; and in fact that is the main reason why I'm hesitant concerning Asus sound cards ... didn't Creative fix all of their past mistakes in this new Titanium HD? ...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
unfortunately I havent heard any news of the Titanium HD but I dont think the card its too popular among the consumers as there are only a handful of reviews available online despite the card being on the market for around 5 months or so

firstly the card is priced very high (at least it is here in the UK) it costs around £170 - a Xonar ST/STX is £100-140. Xense is £200 but then again - it does come with a set of cans, so kick £30-40 off the price

the reality is theres too much competition and since Microsoft dropped support for directsound from Vista and W7 and the gaming industry slowly moving away from EAX. Creative cards dont have anything that make it that one bit more special then the competitors cards so in that respect - even though the Xonar ST/STX may have its short comings when it comes to gaming, it is by far the most value for money, Asus are ever so slowly fixing the drivers. -- its better paying £130 for the STX then £170 for the Titanium HD. hearing footsteps through walls n echoing from the otherside of the map is something i can live with. and i think many consumers share the same view

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Audio Device(s) GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Benchmark Scores GET FUCKED
Essence STX FTW my friend :)

System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
I don't think there's any point to getting a sound card at all. You don't need it. Just buy a USB headset (Logitech makes a very nice one) and route the sound to it when you are playing games and route the sound to the ATI HDMI sound card on their video cards when you are watching movies that you want the sound played back through the Yamaha sound projector.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I don't think there's any point to getting a sound card at all. You don't need it. Just buy a USB headset (Logitech makes a very nice one) and route the sound to it when you are playing games and route the sound to the ATI HDMI sound card on their video cards when you are watching movies that you want the sound played back through the Yamaha sound projector.

oh lordy, stay away from USB headsets. Honestly, you dont even need a good soundcard. For headphones, movies and music, a DAC/AMP is best (works like a soundcard). These plug in either via USB or SPDIF. Here is an Example:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphone systemsEN.htm
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11/NFB11EN.htm

As for gaming, I've never found sound to be that important. I mean, is there really a noticable difference between low-end Auzentech and the Forte in positional audio? You're paying a huge price tag for the Dolby Digitial crap which IMO is unnescessary. I'd sell my Auzentech Prelude in a heartbeat and just buy myself a DACAMP, beacuse they are better for headphone listening, which is 95% of my listening.

So really it all comes down to your system setup and your preferences. Based on the latest revelations of the ASUS issues, I'd say the Auzentech is a better choice. HT Omega looks sweet as well, though. And it would be cool have something different, something that not everyone has. I'm going to guess that you wont go wrong with either of them.

System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
oh lordy, stay away from USB headsets. Honestly, you dont even need a good soundcard. For headphones, movies and music, a DAC/AMP is best (works like a soundcard). These plug in either via USB or SPDIF. Here is an Example:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphone systemsEN.htm
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11/NFB11EN.htm

As for gaming, I've never found sound to be that important. I mean, is there really a noticable difference between low-end Auzentech and the Forte in positional audio? You're paying a huge price tag for the Dolby Digitial crap which IMO is unnescessary. I'd sell my Auzentech Prelude in a heartbeat and just buy myself a DACAMP, beacuse they are better for headphone listening, which is 95% of my listening.

So really it all comes down to your system setup and your preferences. Based on the latest revelations of the ASUS issues, I'd say the Auzentech is a better choice. HT Omega looks sweet as well, though. And it would be cool have something different, something that not everyone has. I'm going to guess that you wont go wrong with either of them.

The Logitech G35 headset is actually quite good. Is it a fidelity monster, of course not, but for less than $100 it is a very elegant solution to gaming and chatting.

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED

Sound cards are awesome. I love mine and it made a considerable impact on my setup --> Custom Hi-Fi Systems/Car Subwoofers for PC Speake... . Whether one needs it or not is not up for debate, what sound card to get is and I say ASUS Xonar Essence ST/X. Personally got the ASUS Xonar Essence STX Soundcard recently and couldn't be more happier with it. I, too was fed up with Creative's less than stellar performance and driver reliability ever since I gave up my old SB Live! Value lol. I can't fault my card, and has been an excellent addition to my audio setup, but don't take my word for it -

Here if ya can be bothered please read some of the following reviews or opinions from many a respected source audio and computer industry wise -->

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=766494
http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-xonar-essence-stx-review/
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_xonar_essence_stx/
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2339333,00.asp
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx.html
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/audio/asus_xonar_essence_stx_-_pci-e_audiophile_soundcard/8
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/asus_xonar_essence_stx
http://www.stereophile.com/computeraudio/asus_xonar_essence_ststx_soundcards/
http://www.avforums.com/forums/soun...52206-asus-xonar-essence-stx-impressions.html

Apparently for my purpose (Playback using 2-Channel Audio + Analog out to my new high quality amp and speakers) it hands down beats the like of the Creative cards, themselves and the high end Creative cards by Auzentech, the M-Audio Audiophile 192 Card, ESI Juli@, any onboard by absolute miles, and at least on par if not better than some High-End music production cards from the likes of RME and LYNX.

Also passes through surround sound through SP/DIF and TOSLINK connection in case you were wondering.

I also do prefer Dolby Digital for my games over EAX, is subjective as once again most things are with sound. If you the read numerous reviews of the STX given, then you would see that the STX is *almost* on par for games, and superior for music and movies. I do music production and listen to a massive variety of music, and as stated for my uses it suites me perfectly :) I have "bit-perfection" working perfectly too, and don't see how anyone else shouldn't either. For a description of bit-perfect and bit-accurate playback refer to this article --> Custom Hi-Fi Systems/Car Subwoofers for PC Speake...

A few more tid bits of information; A list of games using OpenAL and aLchemy:
aLchemy Games -
http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/Lists/Games/AllItems.aspx

OpenAL Games -
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/OpenAL Wiki/Games.aspx

Also Unreal Engine 3 is able to use OpenAL, DirectSound3D or FMOD.

[Edit: Links fixed]

Last edited:
System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
Sabre none of those links work o_O

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4

You are absolutely correct, if you are completely tone deaf that is.

A sound card, even an old cheap crappy one, like an Audigy, sounds better than ANY on-board out there, period.

i have a question about that receiver if anyone could help out it shows 2 optical in but no out? i need to hook up my TV and ps3 to it (if i get it) which use optical and then have the receiver output to my headphones which use optical.

Oh, didn't know your cans were optical. No, they won't hook up to the receiver then. As far as your TV, it doesn't have HDMI? The receiver will pass-through HDMI audio to the TV.

Processor Intel xeon W3680@ 3.7ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 12gb G skill 1600mhz DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX radeon r9 380
Storage 1 Western Digital 1Tb Black + 2 Western Digital 1.5Tb Green
Display(s) LG 32" 1080p lcd tv
Case Corsair 800D
Power Supply Corsair AX 1200
Software Windows10 pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/rranju
You are absolutely correct, if you are completely tone deaf that is.

A sound card, even an old cheap crappy one, like an Audigy, sounds better than ANY on-board out there, period.

Oh, didn't know your cans were optical. No, they won't hook up to the receiver then. As far as your TV, it doesn't have HDMI? The receiver will pass-through HDMI audio to the TV.

I was just looking on the Onkyo site and none of there receivers have optical out so does that mean the optical ports are universal meaning they can do output/input.

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
Thanks, I'll look up that thread, and I agree with you; the Sennheiser PC350 look uncomfortable and flimsy to me too. Still; what should I do concerning the sound card?

Not uncomfortable to me but that's subjective. I can say the pc350 is also as far from flimsy as a product could be IMO. Very well built and durable. Had the PC360 been available last year I would have taken them over the PC350.

I have the Omege Claro halo with the PC350 and I would recommend that sound card without a doubt. From the day I installed it it's been solid and I've never had a problem with it. software, drivers, and sound quality have all been top notch and I haven't lost a single minute of gaming time because I had issues with the card.

The Claro Halo is easily the most consistent performing and trouble free hardware in my system.

System Name Micro Mule
... thank you all guys, I really appreciate your input ... I have one more important question which will significantly narrow down the options; Which audio processing technology will give more realistic (better) results for headphones, Dolby Headphones or Creative's CMSS 3D? ...

System Name Micro Mule
Not uncomfortable to me but that's subjective. I can say the pc350 is also as far from flimsy as a product could be IMO. Very well built and durable. Had the PC360 been available last year I would have taken them over the PC350.

I have the Omege Claro halo with the PC350 and I would recommend that sound card without a doubt. From the day I installed it it's been solid and I've never had a problem with it. software, drivers, and sound quality have all been top notch and I haven't lost a single minute of gaming time because I had issues with the card.

The Claro Halo is easily the most consistent performing and trouble free hardware in my system.

Thanks TRIPTEX_CAN, and since you are the only one who had voted for the HT Omega Claro Halo, can you please tell me why you originally chose to go with that card? and how does this card perform when it comes to positional audio in FPS games (when using the headphones)?

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
Thanks TRIPTEX_CAN, and since you are the only one who had voted for the HT Omega Claro Halo, can you please tell me why you originally chose to go with that card? and how does this card perform when it comes to positional audio in FPS games (when using the headphones)?

I bought the Claro halo because a) nobody else had one, b) headphone amp, c) it came bundled with RCA and toslink cables, and d) it was $20 less than the Xonar Essence at the time.

Positional audio in games is pretty solid. I mostly play BC2 and I have an easy time picking enemy locations from vocals and gunfire. I can't really compare it to anything actually decent because I got the Claro Halo and PC350 at the same time. Before that I used a shitty Logitech USB setup. Of course the sound experience is 1000x better but for 10x the price....

I will try BC2 tonight with Dolby Headphone enabled to see how it sounds. I usually only set BC2 and the card to headphones for speaker configuration.

System Name Micro Mule
I bought the Claro halo because a) nobody else had one, b) headphone amp, c) it came bundled with RCA and toslink cables, and d) it was $20 less than the Xonar Essence at the time.

Fair enough! ;)

Positional audio in games is pretty solid. I mostly play BC2 and I have an easy time picking enemy locations from vocals and gunfire. I can't really compare it to anything actually decent because I got the Claro Halo and PC350 at the same time. Before that I used a shitty Logitech USB setup. Of course the sound experience is 1000x better but for 10x the price....

I will try BC2 tonight with Dolby Headphone enabled to see how it sounds. I usually only set BC2 and the card to headphones for speaker configuration.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I was just looking on the Onkyo site and none of there receivers have optical out so does that mean the optical ports are universal meaning they can do output/input.

No, they are input only. Use the optical out on your card for the headphones, and the coax digital out for the receiver if possible.

I' trying to wrap my head around why you want to hook the cans to the receiver anyway? How is that going to benefit you?

System Name pubg machine
Processor Ryzen 3950x
Motherboard MSI Gaming Edge Wifi x570
Cooling Kraken Z73
Memory 32GB Dominator RGB
Video Card(s) RTX 3080FE
Storage Firecuda 520 2TB
Display(s) Odyssey G7
Case h710i
Audio Device(s) Arctis pro wireless
Power Supply NZXT c1000
Mouse Logitech g pro wireless
Keyboard Logitech g915 tkl
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores pwning n00bs like you
OP: i just got an XFI titanium HD today and i can confirm it is FANTASTIC. my onboard sounds like complete shit in hindsight and I am only using some HD-595's. the positional accuracy of cmss is something i missed dearly!! also i got my card at best buy for only 149.99, which i think was a steal. i'm loving the amp for the headphones too. this card seriously kicks ass.

System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
Auzentech or the Asus are both really good cards.:)

Processor Intel xeon W3680@ 3.7ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 12gb G skill 1600mhz DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX radeon r9 380
Storage 1 Western Digital 1Tb Black + 2 Western Digital 1.5Tb Green
Display(s) LG 32" 1080p lcd tv
Case Corsair 800D
Power Supply Corsair AX 1200
Software Windows10 pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/rranju
No, they are input only. Use the optical out on your card for the headphones, and the coax digital out for the receiver if possible.

I' trying to wrap my head around why you want to hook the cans to the receiver anyway? How is that going to benefit you?

idk that's just the standard hookup that was shown in the manual it uses the optical to connect to a dolby digital box thing, it also came with a analog adapter i assume its got 4 plugs on it( black, green, red, pink)