• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9800aiw- warning message on boot' power supply is not connected to the video card'

switchman

on starting my computer i get 'the power supply to your 9800aiw video card is not connected. strangely only when machine is warm or on reboot after crash
on advice i've removed card, cleaned agp pins, tried closing gaps on 4 pin supply connector, wiggling card on boot and even securing with elastic bands incase it is a slight crack on printed circuit board. I had trouble already and thought it was the power supply cable jumper off the sata which handbook recommends using but using another cable from PSU now and it has started happening again. Also i have fans front an rear of case but the one at the front seems a bit useless should i change this first and get the box a bit cooler.the cpu temp is 50 and the board 30.System is a asus p4v88+ board, 1gb pc 3200(166mhz), 3g prescot p4, 550w psu colorit. any suggestions folks

on starting my computer i get 'the power supply to your 9800aiw video card is not connected. strangely only when machine is warm or on reboot after crash
on advice i've removed card, cleaned agp pins, tried closing gaps on 4 pin supply connector, wiggling card on boot and even securing with elastic bands incase it is a slight crack on printed circuit board. I had trouble already and thought it was the power supply cable jumper off the sata which handbook recommends using but using another cable from PSU now and it has started happening again. Also i have fans front an rear of case but the one at the front seems a bit useless should i change this first and get the box a bit cooler.the cpu temp is 50 and the board 30.System is a asus p4v88+ board, 1gb pc 3200(166mhz), 3g prescot p4, 550w psu colorit. any suggestions folks

Can you provide high definition picture of that place with the crack?

switchman

thanks for reply
My card supply connector was once pulled out roughly ( without lifting lock tab) and so i suspected it might be cracked, i had a good look myself and cant see a crack though.
terry

These cards 9800, X800, X850 have power indentification logic based on few SMD transistors. Usually the problem appear when you start the PC and the MOBO power supply is not connected or something similar. Just check the SMD transistors near the molex connector. Look them carefully for visible demage (and also other SMD transistors). Also check the Vcore, Vdd and Vddq.