• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gran Turismo 5 Clubhouse

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
This is definitely the most addictive GT I have played so far. I was also a pretty big shift fan, but shift was not simulation, it was more an immersion, which it also did well, and I applaud the NFS team for it.

I have only played the first Forza, but if the next 2 are anything like the first, I say no thanks.

This is not because Forza is a bad game, but because everything is given to you for free, and is like NFS physics on a GT platform. Not a bad mix i guess, just not my thing.

In GT, you have to work hard for everything you have. It is a true auto-head's dream, and GT5 has every kind of car you would need, albeit kinda lacking in the american car department, but theere are still plenty there.

BTW add me on PSN: TheBuziness

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
Anyone happen to know when the top gear track unlocks for all? I spent like an hour trying to beat those assholes driving the slow ass VW hippy vans for it to not unlock :banghead:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Why does this game have no sense of speed to it? Granted, the physics of driving are there but it doesn't give me the impression that you are traveling at the higher speeds.

ktr

No sense of speed?!? It is vastly improved from Prologue. Perhaps get a faster car :p.

System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus x570 Tuff Wifi
Cooling 1860mm worth of rads
Memory G Skill Sniper 3600mhz 64gig
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Gigabyte Aorus 1TB NVME
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG259QNR 360hz + LG CX55 + Sanyo Z3 on a 10ft screen
Case Coolermaster NR600
Audio Device(s) Optical to home theatre amp, EPOS 670
Power Supply Deepcool PQ1000m
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan Pro
Software Win10
Can someone who has played Forza 3 comment on a comparison?
From the vids / pics ive seen, GT5 contains alot more attention to detail.

Im going to get flamed for this but 'imho' Forza 3 is much better :S First off im not a fanboy, i grew up with GT1 and the GT series have always been my favourite games. The graphics in GT5 are umm... Not so good. Photomode looks great ofcourse, replays look GOOD, racing... not so much. Im playing on a 23" PC monitor in its native res of 1920x1080 and it looks pretty damn average (Im going to play on the TV later and test that but my friends are saying the same thing). The framerate is not 'locked' at 60 like we were led to believe as it drops fairly often. There is also a fair bit of screen tearing. The standard cars look very very average... And imho the "Premium" cars arent all that brilliant either. Shadows are very blocky and not nice. I understand now why they never released any full size 720p/1080p videos/pictures in the lead up to release as we would have realised it doesnt look as good as those smaller pictures lead us to believe. The driving physics are freaking amazing, playing with a G27 is a blast. The AI is ... im not 100% sure how i feel about AI tbh, they block you, they spin you around... Not so bad i guess. Collisions are just terrible. You can slam into the back of a car infront when your going much much faster than they are and then use them to brake and go around an upcoming corner. Thats to be expected really as its the same as all previous GT games. Damage is almost non existent. Also, what the hell, why cant you upgrade brakes?! The sound of the cars is quite good, the sound of collisions is just awfull. Its 2010 not 1991, you hit another car and all you get is a very very old school arcadey bassy thud. The loading times arent great. I havent tried multi yet so i cant comment on that. One of the races in VW wagons going round the Top Gear Test Track... That race is just fail... The wagons are sooo slow... lol. The game doesnt tell you what gear to be in... Im using a H Pattern shifter on the G27 and if i start a rolling start race or license test im in the wrong bloody gear, i have to change it and then restart the race. Dont get me wrong, the game is... well, good... But its not the amazing graphics beast and well perfect game it was hyped to be. I am enjoying playing it but i keep thinking to myself how the hell could this have taken 5 years + to make. It makes me feel that Turn10 did an INCREDIBLE job with Forza 3 to get it out in the time they did.

Well flame away... Im not trying to be nasty at all or create arguments. This is how i personally feel. GT5 is a good game so far. But thats just it, its good, not incredible... I am enjoying it however, its just a little disappointing.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Im going to get flamed for this but 'imho' Forza 3 is much better :S First off im not a fanboy, i grew up with GT1 and the GT series have always been my favourite games. The graphics in GT5 are umm... Not so good. Photomode looks great ofcourse, replays look GOOD, racing... not so much. Im playing on a 23" PC monitor in its native res of 1920x1080 and it looks pretty damn average (Im going to play on the TV later and test that but my friends are saying the same thing). The framerate is not 'locked' at 60 like we were led to believe as it drops fairly often. There is also a fair bit of screen tearing. The standard cars look very very average... And imho the "Premium" cars arent all that brilliant either. Shadows are very blocky and not nice. I understand now why they never released any full size 720p/1080p videos/pictures in the lead up to release as we would have realised it doesnt look as good as those smaller pictures lead us to believe. The driving physics are freaking amazing, playing with a G27 is a blast. The AI is ... im not 100% sure how i feel about AI tbh, they block you, they spin you around... Not so bad i guess. Collisions are just terrible. You can slam into the back of a car infront when your going much much faster than they are and then use them to brake and go around an upcoming corner. Thats to be expected really as its the same as all previous GT games. Damage is almost non existent. Also, what the hell, why cant you upgrade brakes?! The sound of the cars is quite good, the sound of collisions is just awfull. Its 2010 not 1991, you hit another car and all you get is a very very old school arcadey bassy thud. The loading times arent great. I havent tried multi yet so i cant comment on that. One of the races in VW wagons going round the Top Gear Test Track... That race is just fail... The wagons are sooo slow... lol. The game doesnt tell you what gear to be in... Im using a H Pattern shifter on the G27 and if i start a rolling start race or license test im in the wrong bloody gear, i have to change it and then restart the race. Dont get me wrong, the game is... well, good... But its not the amazing graphics beast and well perfect game it was hyped to be. I am enjoying playing it but i keep thinking to myself how the hell could this have taken 5 years + to make. It makes me feel that Turn10 did an INCREDIBLE job with Forza 3 to get it out in the time they did.

Well flame away... Im not trying to be nasty at all or create arguments. This is how i personally feel. GT5 is a good game so far. But thats just it, its good, not incredible... I am enjoying it however, its just a little disappointing.

I havent had the chance to play GT5 yet, but youve confirmed some of the points that various reviews have made :( For how long it has taken SONY to release this, this game should be nothing short of perfection, but instead it just seems to be ok :(

I know everyone has uber high expectations for this........but thats only due to love of the old GT titles and the fact that this has been in development for 5 years! Oh well, I will have to get it to see for myself :)

System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
I havent had the chance to play GT5 yet, but youve confirmed some of the points that various reviews have made :( For how long it has taken SONY to release this, this game should be nothing short of perfection, but instead it just seems to be ok :(

I know everyone has uber high expectations for this........but thats only due to love of the old GT titles and the fact that this has been in development for 5 years! Oh well, I will have to get it to see for myself :)

Its still worth buying, for sure. I just feels more like GT4 HD, rather than something all new and mind blowing. IMHO :)

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Its still worth buying, for sure. I just feels more like GT4 HD, rather than something all new and mind blowing. IMHO :)

Now for me, thats not good enough. Forza 3 was in production for only a fraction of the time taken to make GT5, yet it was superb!

I own both the 360 and PS3, so Im no fanboy of either. But you can clearly see that the PS3/GT fanboys just refuse to admit that GT should be a lot better than what it is. Japanese games designers have really dropped the ball lately, FFS, look at FF XIII, all style, no substance! :mad:

System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
Now for me, thats not good enough. Forza 3 was in production for only a fraction of the time taken to make GT5, yet it was superb!

I own both the 360 and PS3, so Im no fanboy of either. But you can clearly see that the PS3/GT fanboys just refuse to admit that GT should be a lot better than what it is. Japanese games designers have really dropped the ball lately, FFS, look at FF XIII, all style, no substance! :mad:

lol i hear you. Im the same, i have all the consoles and play everything and i completely agree. To be honest its refreshing hearing that someone feels the same way. Lately you get a new game release and many many people claim its good and we should be happy with what was given even though it may have huge huge problems and or flaws.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
lol i hear you. Im the same, i have all the consoles and play everything and i completely agree. To be honest its refreshing hearing that someone feels the same way. Lately you get a new game release and many many people claim its good and we should be happy with what was given even though it may have huge huge problems and or flaws.

I thought that GT5 kept getting delayed because they were creating a masterpiece in gaming. But it seems this game was just made to feed Kazunori Yamauchi ego. The Japanese are so out of touch with western gaming now its unreal! The trouble is, the Japanese only cater for the Japanese. Im actually thinking about giving GT5 a miss, because I know I will only be disappointed :(

Processor i5-4570 3.2GHz
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Gelid GX7 rev2
Memory 8GB Patriot Black Mamba DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozer
Storage OCZ Agility3 240GB (2x120GB, Raid 0), Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SM2333HD - 23" 1920x1080
Case Fractal Arc Midi R2
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software ...
Im gonna do a lap of the ring at night and while its raining lol. Cause itll be awesome.

Maybe that should be our first online race...? :eek:

Why does this game have no sense of speed to it?

I just tried a lap of 'the ring' onboard the AMG SLS, that seemed to have plenty feeling of speed, I was... :twitch: ...lol

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Why does this game have no sense of speed to it? Granted, the physics of driving are there but it doesn't give me the impression that you are traveling at the higher speeds.

Have you played the previous GT titles? Anything under 500hp felt like a snail, and now I have a 179hp Miata and I'm powersliding around corners, way better sense of speed than any of the previous games.

I really like the tire smoke, it makes a massive difference and helps you figure where you are losing traction. Like I came into a large right hand corner with my Miata and the thing just plowed into it, I watched a bunch of smoke come off my front right tire, was surprising to see that much under steer, but next time it helped me figure how to enter and exit the corner since I knew what tire would slip.

System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
I thought that GT5 kept getting delayed because they were creating a masterpiece in gaming. But it seems this game was just made to feed Kazunori Yamauchi ego. The Japanese are so out of touch with western gaming now its unreal! The trouble is, the Japanese only cater for the Japanese. Im actually thinking about giving GT5 a miss, because I know I will only be disappointed :(

If you have a steering wheel with a H pattern shifter buy it right away. Its incredible punching through the gears, really fun. Love my G27 now! I don't think i could play it with the PS3 control, don't like it for racing games... Maybe with trigger grips on it :).

To all those saying theres no sense of speed get a fast car and change to front view... It does have a good sense of speed.

Edit. The events where you take the 300SL around parts of the Nurburgring in "Special Events" have a great sense of speed.

Last edited:
System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
I really like the tire smoke, it makes a massive difference and helps you figure where you are losing traction. Like I came into a large right hand corner with my Miata and the thing just plowed into it, I watched a bunch of smoke come off my front right tire, was surprising to see that much under steer, but next time it helped me figure how to enter and exit the corner since I knew what tire would slip.

Yeah im liking the smoke and the fact that some cars blow fire. The active spoilers are very cool too.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I've been playing a controller and don't mind it, but using the analog for gas seems to wonky for me, aand X for gas and O for brake is to on or off, no mid ground. So I switched Gas to R2 and Brake to L2 and it's so much better. I drive auto in these games, I love manually in real life and being thre and feeling the car, but without actually sitting in the car, its hard for me to wrap my mind around. But I moved Up shift and Down shift, incase I do use them, to the right analog, so it's just a quick flick up and down of the analog to shift, it's actually extremely nice.

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
I think forza does have some better graphics in aspects. The AA and shadows are much better, as is the graphics of the tracks. Some of the gameplay videos we saw over the past year looked better than this imo. The driving itself is fantastic. Did a lap of cirque de la sarthe in audi r8 in the rain. The track's appearance was ugly in the replay, but the audi looked pretty nice. Just some ailising around the car which was bad.

So it drives better than forza, has more cars. Forza has porsche though, and slightly better customization (with paint jobs and brakes). The customization is very similar otherwise. What it comes down to for me really is that they both have different tracks and cars, kinda nice to have both :p.

But if i had to choose one, prob GT5 as the 900 degree steering is much needed, and the physics are better. Plus there's no hidden driver aids. Forza has a steering aid that u cant turn off. its screwed me up a few times.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Not going to turn this into a PS3 bashing thread as I wish I had one, or a PC vs console thing but......I was thinking.

Can you guys imagine if they took this much passion and made this game for a PC? I bet it would be beautiful. I mean Dirt 2 was great but a GT level game on the PC would look like a photo I bet.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Anyone know how to upload the pictures online? I thought we could upload to Youtube and such from ingame. But I'm only seeing options to share with friends, which I have no idea how that works. I bought a C3 Vette and it's just gorgeous, took some great shots and wanted to share them. Otherwise I assume export to XMB and use a USB stick (which I currently don't have one :/ )

Not going to turn this into a PS3 bashing thread as I wish I had one, or a PC vs console thing but......I was thinking.

Can you guys imagine if they took this much passion and made this game for a PC? I bet it would be beautiful. I mean Dirt 2 was great but a GT level game on the PC would look like a photo I bet.

Yeah it would look great, but there are some great racing sims on PC, also Sony is a huge backer for this, might be hard to find a backer otherwise.

Processor i5-4570 3.2GHz
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Gelid GX7 rev2
Memory 8GB Patriot Black Mamba DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozer
Storage OCZ Agility3 240GB (2x120GB, Raid 0), Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SM2333HD - 23" 1920x1080
Case Fractal Arc Midi R2
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software ...
Anyone know how to upload the pictures online?
No, i've exported a few via the usb method but i've not seen anything. i'l lhave another look tho...

Yeah it would look great, but there are some great racing sims on PC, also Sony is a huge backer for this, might be hard to find a backer otherwise.

It would look great, i thought that the other day, but sony basically owns PD so it's not gonna happen. Shame :(

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
Yeah im liking the smoke and the fact that some cars blow fire. The active spoilers are very cool too.

The fact is, whether you meant it or not you came in here trolling. Let me review you:

1. 13 posts, and the account was created in November. You are not welcome.

2. You DO NOT post this in a "Clubhouse". You make, or find a preexisting GT5 thread, and make your remarks there. I don't come into your He Man Woman Hater's club, and take a shit on your floor, I ask the same respect out of you.

A little about me: I AM a GT5 Fanboy. This is where I am allowed to be a fanboy.

My apologies if this came on a little strong, I promise I am really not a mean person.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have almost finished all the beginning races, and about half of the amateur races.

I did receive a car that has 180 HP, but weighs only 650KG(!) I am very excited to start tuning it, because as it is, it can already do 150! This is one reason why I love GT.

Another reason? The 3000GTs on this game sound EXACTLY like my own. I had the surround on doing a practice race with my new 3000, and my wife came into the living room thinking I had pulled out of the driveway. This goes for the rest of the cars in the game: their likeness to the real thing.

Last edited:

ktr

Yea guys...this is not a thread for what game is better, blah blah. This is a "fanboy" tread for GT5, simple as that. If you are not a fan, then gtfo, mkay?

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Alright, now that I have got some time with the game, it's time to vent frustrations. But before I do so, I will say, I am loving this game, but with love comes shear hate, as with anything challenging :p So consider this a mini-review, most of the bad points are here, and yet it don't matter as the game is flat out amazing, so just remember that while reading this, I am venting.

The biggest thing is, like the other GT titles, the opponents cars have some sort of glue on them. If you tap them from any direction it's like you damn stuck to them. And it doesn't bother me a ton once the field is spread out, but when you have 2 - 3 laps to pass an entire field of cars, you don't have time to wait for them to spread out. I wish there was a qualifying lap, because whats happening is I get placed in back, and I have a faster car, but they travel 2 - 3 wide through the corners and I either have to sit behind them and go slow, or try and pass on the outside way out of the racing line, which gets risky and messy if you touch dirt.

And so far, I'm really shocked theres no brake settings, or upgrades, like said hopefully it's in a patch, all the other games had it, wonder what happened here. And rim selection seems very low, GT3 and GT4 had a ton of rim selection, I only have about 10 to chose from for my Vette, and no size adjustments, which I thought the other games had, but I might be crazy here.

I like the new interface, but something need tooltips, like what exactly do I have to gain from fixing my Vettes Chassis, I've worked on cars for my entire life, I understand frames can get bent and such, but it's not that easy to do. And with something like a Corvette, yes I can put a new frame under the car, but my Miata, thats a unibody car, if that thing gets bent, it's done for, you can't just fix that. So a tooltip to say whats going on would be nice, same with the engine rebuild, although thats pretty basic, I just like reading it.

Also the car purchasing has some ups and downs. Firstly, I love that you can change the background, I'm all about mood, when I bought my 69 Vette, it was 299hp and $75,000, yet the 2010 Camaro was 425hp and $35,000. I bought the Vette for the attitude, and I don't regret it at all. But, I bought it in Piano Black, and I put Black rims on it. So it's a dark car. Being able to rotate the view in the show room, or in the rim selection would be very nice. Showing the rims from a dead on shot doesn't do much for me, and my car was hard to see in the show room in anything but a white background, which has no mood, if I could have rotated it to use the backgrounds natural lighting it would have been nicer. Also, rim paint (and possibly car paint, as I havent looked at that yet), it shows a virtual rim in the color you chose, but it doesn't show a preview on the car. Yes I can see what the rim will look like, but without a tire on it and it on the car, it makes that decision very hard. Also the used cars, it's nice to see American cars in there too, but the sorting is aweful. I want to be able to sort by Country Origin, Make, and such. The previous games had the used cars at their specific dealer. The sorting isn't needed so much as it only seems to show about 25 cars for sale at a time, so I guess I would like to see a larger list of cars for sale at a time, and more sorting options. (Also, my 3rd day in the game I see a 19 million dollar GT40 in there....)

And lastly for my nagging, my car is Black, my interior is Black, hard to see everything. I race from the inside view on the Vette because I bought that car for the attitude, I feel so badass driving it in that view. But I can't see anything, just the top of the steering wheel, the speedo is too dark to see, as is the dash, sometimes if I corner and the suns behind me I can see it all and it looks great. Not much can be done about that, but you have the ability to turn on your Windshield wipers and your Headlights. But for some reason the wipers are a toggle that stay on, and the lights you need to hold down. I want my lights on, I don't want to hold down a button, when the lights are on it turns on the lights in my Tach and Speedo, and thats just freaking cool! Adds more to the mood seeing my old school gauges actually working.

Now that I think I have covered all of the bases on what bothers me (and some of this has been a reoccurring thing, so take it with a grain of salt). What I love is the physics. This game has amazing ones, I mean the other games drove good, but sliding always felt awkward. I had the default assists on when I started, and on my bone stock Miata it didn't matter. But once I bumped it up a bit I turned them off, then back on to the low defaults, and I must say, never ever use Stability Management. You can't slide with that at all, it just hits the brakes, don't even have to think when coming into a corner, start to turn and it brakes for you basically. I turned that off and it's amazing, I slide my Vette out of most corners and it puts a smile on my face, it' a controlled slide to, thats the best feeling, sliding sideways, but not feeling out of control, couldn't do that in the past games, I just find myself forcing a slide because it's fun.

The only time I might mess with settings is for twitchy MR cars, I got one given to me, was night and day from the Miata or my Vette. Those cars I can control the slide out of anything, they drive awesome, the MR car is like a freaking knife. Either your stabbed or your not stabbed, very little middle ground to work with, sliding that thing is seriously an art form. I'm sure supercars will be better as they have better suspension work, but it's still the reason I don't like MR, it's you got grip or your dead.

Hopefully this helps some people out, anyways I think I'm gonna go get the rest of my Vette upgrades!

The 3000GTs on this game sound EXACTLY like my own. I had the surround on doing a practice race with my new 3000, and my wife came into the living room thinking I had pulled out of the driveway. This goes for the rest of the cars in the game: their likeness to the real thing.

They have done a real good job with the Japanese made cars exhaust notes. But the V8's are lacking, maybe once I get the Stage 3 engine upgrade, as that finally mentions a camshaft upgrade. But so far my 69 Vette with every upgrade except Stage 3 engine and Supercharger is at I think 441hp, but doesn't sound like it. At the starting line revving it sounds like a 4 popper, once rolling it sounds much better than that, but still not roaring like an 8.

Last edited:
System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
The fact is, whether you meant it or not you came in here trolling. Let me review you:

1. 13 posts, and the account was created in November. You are not welcome.

2. You DO NOT post this in a "Clubhouse". You make, or find a preexisting GT5 thread, and make your remarks there. I don't come into your He Man Woman Hater's club, and take a shit on your floor, I ask the same respect out of you.

A little about me: I AM a GT5 Fanboy. This is where I am allowed to be a fanboy.

My apologies if this came on a little strong, I promise I am really not a mean person.

Ah... What the hell are you on? Someone asked a legitimate question comparing GT5 to Forza 3 as people are going to do as both games are the top consoles racers... I answered truthfully. I broke no rules talking in here. Who cares when or why i joined up to this forum. If your a fanboy and cant deal with the fact that something about another game is better than something in GT5 maybe you should get off the internet. Seriously, what the hell kind of response is that. I seriously dont know what to say to you... You quoted me talking about things i like in GT5 and are calling me a troll?

System Name Itty Bitty
Processor 5800X3D
Case Coolermaster NR600
Mouse Roccat Kone Pro
Software Win10
I want my lights on, I don't want to hold down a button, when the lights are on it turns on the lights in my Tach and Speedo, and thats just freaking cool!

Hopefully they add a light switch on/off in patch !

TheMonkey

System Name Space Heater/BitPerfect
Processor E8500@4.5 1.42V
Motherboard DFI Blood Iron P35
Cooling Xigmatek "Thor's hammer" HDT-S126384
Memory 2x2GB Mushkin PC2 6400 (996557) 5-4-4-11
Video Card(s) ATi 5870
Storage Samsung F1 1tb x2
Display(s) Hanns*G HG-281DPB (1920x1200)
Case Lian-Li PC-6070A PLUSII
Audio Device(s) AuzentechXplosion-->SPDIF-->TubeMagicD1 DAC/PRE-->MCS 3865 dual-mono Integrated Amp-->DCM QEDs
Power Supply PCP&C 750
Software Win7/XPsp3/Win2k3Serverx64
Ah... What the hell are you on? Someone asked a legitimate question comparing GT5 to Forza 3 as people are going to do as both games are the top consoles racers... I answered truthfully. I broke no rules talking in here. Who cares when or why i joined up to this forum. If your a fanboy and cant deal with the fact that something about another game is better than something in GT5 maybe you should get off the internet. Seriously, what the hell kind of response is that. I seriously dont know what to say to you... You quoted me talking about things i like in GT5 and are calling me a troll?

Don't worry about it, I had the same reaction to 3870s response... a big WTF? He must be in a bad mood or something...