• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

mycleanpc, or how I learned to not get scammed.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
After seeing this advertised so much I decided to give it a try. I hate to infect machines, or put on unneeed software, or spyware disguised as legitimate software. However I know people will ask or will wonder about things like this. So to save them the hassle, the money, and the issues a "pc cleaner" can cause I decided to install it on a clean machine.

A clean machine? How clean....

A live CD was booted (Symantic recovery disk) with a few custom options, the following tests were performed, and utilities ran.

Low level format and surface test by HDD mfg utilities. Passed
RAM check ran for 24 hours, multiple patterns. Passed
Norton/Symantec disk check and surface test. Passed
Used freeware hed editor and verified sector, cyl, and byte count, boot sector, jump pointer, and BIOS size checksum.

Next a MS Original XP SP2 setup disk is inserted. So no drivers were slipstreamed, no updates. The machine was not connected to the network. Windows was installed, quick NTFS format was choosen as I deleted the partition again and allowed windows to set up the disk.

Once that was done drivers were downloaded, MD5 checksum verified, burned to CD and installed once they passed MD5 again. http://download.cnet.com/MD5-Checksum-Calculator/3000-2092_4-10964258.html

Once drivers were installed I setup my internet connection, I have my network secured by a firewall, NAT, and no sharing was allowed.

All windows updates were downloaded as well as Microsoft Security Essentials. Basic software was installed and updated. The system had a full check ran by MSE, it was defragmented, bootis was ran, the system was ran continuously for six days during this period to see if any errors occured. Everything was working, no errors were found, no infections were present. Ccleaner was ran to clean the cache, startup items not essential were removed, services not essential were disabled.

Tonight after switching to this system, as it was still running, I used to to download mycleanpc. I ran the executable, and here were its findings.

When looking at the "errors" many are simply installer references, the fact that no crypto was active and some parts of the "user hive" where users software settings are store were not there, or unused. Some keys were reference to windows update installers, deleting these keys would prevent a user from being able to easily remove a update that causes issues.

Once I looked at the errors I tried to close the program, however the programmers have a different idea, the program is "resident" and starts at boot time. Being designed to speed up performace usually entails freeing more memory, removing startup programs, and other forms of layout optimization. However this program does none of those, it takes up memory, loads at boot making boot slower, and installs in multiple places in the registry.

If you right click the icon and attempt to close it it pops up a large warning that will confuse many users into clicking the purchase icon. You can however close it, and it does terminate fully.

Uninstalling it you must answer questions before it will uninstall, and there is a popup to encourage you to purchase the software and warnings about not using the software. After clicking through all these you get to the last screen and it tells you that it has "fully uninstalled". Fully uninstalling is a intersting thing, I take the word fully very serious. Like, he is fully dead, the battery if fully charged, I fully understand, I'm fully in agreement......

You can imagine my suprise then when I found their description of fully does not align with the common understading.

They go by the name "CyberDefender", which as you can see above has NOT fully uninstalled.

Some companies do leave little items behind as a way to tell if their software has been previously installed, or is currently installed. They choose to leave behind the kind of "stuff" they are claiming to "fix". Perhaps they don't understand the meaning of the word fix either?

I cleaned out the registry and deleted the empty folder.

A quick look into the user hive of the registry yeilded......

In short, mycleanpc is slightly above the spyware and junk it claims to clean, but with more annoyace and cost.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Sticky, please.

I love you Steevo

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Wow, thanks for looking into that. I tell my family and friends not to fall for that stuff.

Processor AMD 8350
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Night Night Hawk Edition
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws CL7
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 500gb + WD Black 5Tb
Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 144Hz
Case White Corsair 500r
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i 860W
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
I've wondered the same thing about their claims, good information.

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700
Motherboard Gigabyte AB350 GAMING 3
Memory 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz
Display(s) Acer 24" LCD
Software Windows 10 Pro
haha good stuff man!

x2 on the sticky

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Man CClean and registry mechanic will do the job as well .
But not a bad review thank you . Though I would not ever use mycleanpc . They also claim it is free to try was it ?

STICKY !!!

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
i enjoy these one of my favorite news casts was a channel in houston compared all of these "speed up my pc" programs and i think one of them worked as claimed.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
I see those annoyin commercials everyday and now I can say I KNEW IT

finnaly

are you talking about that popup with the video and newscasters?

Edit

oh i get it.

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Chicken Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripshits X 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5850
Storage Kingston 128GB SSD + WD Black 640GB + 2x 1.5TB
Display(s) 24" Acer G245HQ + 19" Lenovo L194
Case Antec NSK-4482 Orangified
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7: Electric Boogaloo
Their commercial makes me crack up, as do most ones like it.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Why any one falls for these things is beyond me . Oh look it is on T.V. so it must be great ! Are you kidding me ? I never fall for them infomercials !
Steevo your computer was cleaner before you put that thing in LOL !

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
I have people asking all the time about that program. Will it speed up my hunk of crap 6 year old system? Will it make my system run all the newest games (because it will be so much faster)? I tell them... Hell if I know. Im not loading that on my rigs. You buy it and tell me. Of coarse they do and it makes their systems soooooooo much faster, they say. Hah... Now I know. Thanks Steevo for that much needed insight to a load of bs.

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
Processor AMD 8350
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Night Night Hawk Edition
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws CL7
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 500gb + WD Black 5Tb
Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 144Hz
Case White Corsair 500r
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i 860W
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Just saw this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/201...llyfastcommakertorefundthousandsinspywarecase

The company whose late-night commercials promised to "make your computer run fast the way it's supposed to," will pay tens of thousands of dollars in fines and refunds to settle charges that it engaged in deceptive advertising.

In a settlement with the Washington State attorney general's office, Ascentive, best known for its FinallyFast.com Web site, will pay $78,000 in penalties and offer $17.90 refunds to thousands of its Washington State customers who purchased the company's PC cleanup products but did not use them.

At FinallyFast.com, PC users download software that tests their system for any performance bottlenecks and then offers to clean things up -- for a fee. Consumers complained that the software didn't work as advertised and that Ascentive racked up charges without properly notifying customers.

According to Assistant Attorney General Jake Bernstein, the company was peddling scareware -- software that always found severe problems no matter what the condition of the computer being scanned. "They basically crossed the line in terms of advertising to consumers," he said.

Bernstein's office has a list of complaints against Ascentive, which echo consumer grievances that can be found online.

In court documents, the Washington attorney general's office said that until March 2009, Ascentive's free scan software came with adware and endless, annoying pop-up warnings that exaggerated problems on the computer. "The free scan categorizes everything that it identifies as an 'error,'" the filings state.

Customers who wanted to cancel their subscriptions were forced though a cumbersome process and finally had to respond to an e-mail message before their accounts would actually be closed. The company has now agreed to fix the way it advertises and bills for its products, Bernstein said.

Ascentive sued Google in June 2009 after the search engine company began refusing to run advertisements for its products. It dropped the suit a month later, and Google is again running ads for Finallyfast.com.

Ascentive could not be reached for comment.

However, it looks like the company has made a lot of money. Ascentive claims there have been more than 20 million downloads of its free scans. In a YouTube video interview with Ascentive CEO Adam Schran, filmed on Richard Branson's Necker Island Caribbean resort, Schran describes how he's enjoying the money he's made with the company, "It's important to spoil yourself along the way," he says. "Treat yourself to trips to Necker Island or a local spa or massage. Whatever is fun."

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I see these commercials all the time, they must be network televisions biggest spammers.

Another one that always makes me laugh is MaxMySpeed (another CyberDefender crapware), with 'Actual Customers' praising the application and marveling at how much faster their PCs are after using it.

I wish they had a forum where I could ask exactly what overclocking techniques they were using to obtain these extraordinary speed increases.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I see these commercials all the time, they must be network televisions biggest spammers.

Another one that always makes me laugh is MaxMySpeed (another CyberDefender crapware), with 'Actual Customers' praising the application and marveling at how much faster their PCs are after using it.

I wish they had a forum where I could ask exactly what overclocking techniques they were using to obtain these extraordinary speed increases.

LOL yeah me too . There are only 3 programs I will use . Registry Mechanic , Windows 7 manager and cclean . These are the only ones I will use . They have proven to me to REALLY work !

streetfighter 2

I wouldn't necessarily agree with stickying this because the results are so profoundly obvious that it only provides reference for laymen-- laymen who, most unfortunately, would not understand a goddamn thing that was said. :roll: Consequently I wonder who this is targeted at. My guess is those TPUers who have seen the commercials and were looking for a good laugh.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
So it left behind a folder in program files, and registry entries. Just about every other program under the sun does that (not that I agree with this practice...). It found "errors" that weren't really errors, but non-essential files that didn't really need to be there... such as those hotfix uninstallers. I've seen plenty of other cleaner software do stuff like that. The only thing I see that's scammy about this is the fact that it's so aggressive about trying to get you to buy the software, and the fact that they charge for a service that's offered for free elsewhere (such as Ccleaner).

Firstly, it will speed up Average Joe's system because Joe doesn't use cleaner software. The advertising gets to him as he looks at his 5 year old computer that never had the temp internet files cleaned out of it once, and he decides to give it a try and clean all the shit out, just like a free tool with far less advertising such as Ccleaner would have done. It finds >9000 errors accumulated over time, which will make his system feel faster.

Secondly, they are a business. They desperately want you to buy their software, so it's not surprising that it would pick up on a bunch of bogus "errors" that aren't really errors to make Average Joe think: "Hey wow I have a ton of errors on this thing, maybe I should buy this software so I can get it cleaned out!".

In short, my position is that you've told me nothing I didn't already know, and this seems like a legitimate piece of software, albeit annoyingly aggressive to those of us in the know.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
So it left behind a folder in program files, and registry entries. Just about every other program under the sun does that (not that I agree with this practice...). It found "errors" that weren't really errors, but non-essential files that didn't really need to be there... such as those hotfix uninstallers. I've seen plenty of other cleaner software do stuff like that. The only thing I see that's scammy about this is the fact that it's so aggressive about trying to get you to buy the software, and the fact that they charge for a service that's offered for free elsewhere (such as Ccleaner).

Firstly, it will speed up Average Joe's system because Joe doesn't use cleaner software. The advertising gets to him as he looks at his 5 year old computer that never had the temp internet files cleaned out of it once, and he decides to give it a try and clean all the shit out, just like a free tool with far less advertising such as Ccleaner would have done. It finds >9000 errors accumulated over time, which will make his system feel faster.

Secondly, they are a business. They desperately want you to buy their software, so it's not surprising that it would pick up on a bunch of bogus "errors" that aren't really errors to make Average Joe think: "Hey wow I have a ton of errors on this thing, maybe I should buy this software so I can get it cleaned out!".

In short, my position is that you've told me nothing I didn't already know, and this seems like a legitimate piece of software, albeit annoyingly aggressive to those of us in the know.

its just as useful (well less) as spending money to drop your PC off with geek squad

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
For us, yes, because we know how to maintain our shit and we know about those free alternatives that don't get advertised every day... it's just another service someone created to capitalize on "average" people who would pay for what we can do for ourselves in a matter of minutes, or for someone else without even thinking of charging for such a simple procedure...

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

1) It didn't offer to clean any temp files.
2) It installs itself to run at startup, thus slowing the computer.
3) Fully, complete, to entirety, to the best of ability. Leaving behind junk is not fully, or if it is their description the software is already questionable.
4) I didn't ask for a sticky.
5) I didn't ask for your "position".
6) There are others who aren't "in the know" who visit the forum.

Bogus errors are just part of it, deleting the path to a update uninstaller is just a horrible idea, I have had to uninstall a few windows updates over the years on machines as they interfered with work software, where time is money. Had someone ran this or the like they would have made my job, or someone else job much harder to fix. I have people all the time who run registry fixers, they don't fix a PC, it is like putting a band aid on a axe wound. They give the illusion of fixing things, and people get a "seat of the pants" feel for how much faster it is.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Yes there are many of these so called registry cleaner, PC speed booster applications out there for the average consumer to get sucked in by.

Even some security applications which are well known and used commonly.
But since the security apps come with the bought machine, the average consumer believes the application is good.

Norton 360 or McAfee security suite to name a couple.

End up bogging down a system big time.
asking for allowing this and that.
Doing full system scans too frequently and at the most inappropriate times.
The average consumer does not know how to turn any of these annoyances off and believe this is just how the PC works.

So they fork out for another years subscription because they want to feel secure yet they are finding infections are still coming through the system.

Personally I have even found free security applications less system heavy and non intrusive.
But is a salesman going to say that?
No.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
1) It didn't offer to clean any temp files.
2) It installs itself to run at startup, thus slowing the computer.
3) Fully, complete, to entirety, to the best of ability. Leaving behind junk is not fully, or if it is their description the software is already questionable.
4) I didn't ask for a sticky.
5) I didn't ask for your "position".
6) There are others who aren't "in the know" who visit the forum.

Bogus errors are just part of it, deleting the path to a update uninstaller is just a horrible idea, I have had to uninstall a few windows updates over the years on machines as they interfered with work software, where time is money. Had someone ran this or the like they would have made my job, or someone else job much harder to fix. I have people all the time who run registry fixers, they don't fix a PC, it is like putting a band aid on a axe wound. They give the illusion of fixing things, and people get a "seat of the pants" feel for how much faster it is.

I agree with this up to a point , Registry errors are a big part of why computers run slow ( there are more things that do this as well I know ) .
I asked for a sticky reason being some people that come here are not in the know about these things . This is informative to the basic user . I never remove update uninstallers as well ( Never know when you may need to uninstall an update that is fucking with your shit . ;) ) A registry cleaner alone will not make your computer " Run faster " this is why I also use things like windows7 manager and CClean . one must tweak windows to get the most out of it ( JMHO ) .
:D

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X RTX3060
Storage ADATA SX8200 1Tb, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
Display(s) Acer XV240Y, Acer KG240A
Case Corsair 750D
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis 7
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 860W
Mouse Razer Mamba TE
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Win11 X64
I always wondered about those apps but knew if you wanted something faster.......buy something faster ;) lol

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I always wondered about those apps but knew if you wanted something faster.......buy something faster ;) lol

Yes but even a " fast system " can become slow . It is all about keeping you system " clean " free of clutter that slows it down . maintenance is key . ;)

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Someone should do a review on RegCure LMAO!
I have seen so many systems with RegCure with malwarebytes finding them as a malicious threat.