• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help and donate a few cents for RBE! :-)

System Name Junkamatic
Processor i7
Motherboard Z77
Cooling Thermaltake
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Evga GTX770
Storage 4 Seagate Satas
Display(s) VW266H
Case Lian-Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply Corsair HX1000w
Software W7
I don't use Paypal, so is there an address to send a money order to?

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
here you are 5 bucks from me

jimmyz

System Name Black ice
Processor QX 9650 @ 5ghz @ 1.55v
Motherboard DFI X-38 T2R
Cooling jinu ss in v-2000b+2
Memory crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 1066 asynch 4-4-4-5
Video Card(s) 2 x Radeon 4850 voltmodded watercooled
Storage 4x seagate 250gb in RAID 0
Display(s) 24" SOYO LCD 1920x1200
Case vapoli v2000b+2 (lian-li)
Audio Device(s) onboard karjan audio
Power Supply pc power & cooling silencer 750 Quad
Software windows mce 2005 (xp pro basically) dual boot w/ Vista Home premium.
There is 20 USD on Paypal for you buddy, It is a pleasure to bump this 2 yr old thread!!

C'Mon Guys, You love the new RBE so kick in a dollar to the Creator. It is purely voluntary but I am sure it is appreciated. I mean you all realise he doesn't own a 6XXX card, he is doing this just for us, lets help him out!!

novadaemon

I've just donated $5. Hopefully it'll help with getting clock changes on the 68XX series working ;). If the manufacturers can do it RBE should be able to. Regardless thank you for all your hard work. I really appreciate it. :rockout:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
I've just donated $5. Hopefully it'll help with getting clock changes on the 68XX series working ;). If the manufacturers can do it RBE should be able to. Regardless thank you for all your hard work. I really appreciate it. :rockout:

Thanks man, appreciate it! :toast:

cu4now

Processor AMD X4 3.0Ghz 640 --> future upgrade to X3 975 3.6Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H (old 780G chipset)
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Rev 2
Memory 8Gigs of PC8500 DDR2 - 4gig buffalo, 4gig G.SKILL
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 5850
Storage Seagate 640Gb
Display(s) Samsung 24" PX2370 LED back lit LCD
Case Aerocool PGS Qx-2000 Cube Case
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E 24BIT Dolby Digital 116DB SNR
Power Supply Seasonic S12 650watt
Software Windows7 Pro 64bit
I didn't have to make a Pay Pal account, even a regular old visa works. Now you can start saving for a core i5 or i7 or AMD's summer release of Bulldozer.

Last edited:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
I didn't have to make a Pay Pal account, even a regular old visa works. Now you can start saving for a core i5 or i7 or AMD's summer release of Bulldozer.

Dude, are you crazy? :eek:
Many many thanks for this! :rockout:

cu4now

Processor AMD X4 3.0Ghz 640 --> future upgrade to X3 975 3.6Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H (old 780G chipset)
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro Rev 2
Memory 8Gigs of PC8500 DDR2 - 4gig buffalo, 4gig G.SKILL
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 5850
Storage Seagate 640Gb
Display(s) Samsung 24" PX2370 LED back lit LCD
Case Aerocool PGS Qx-2000 Cube Case
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E 24BIT Dolby Digital 116DB SNR
Power Supply Seasonic S12 650watt
Software Windows7 Pro 64bit
Dude, are you crazy? :eek:
Many many thanks for this! :rockout:

Yes I am crazy, thank you :roll:
Thanks again for your very useful program, I think you should have received much more support for all that time and effort among all the other users. If people that used the program for longer than just a test run paid $5 each you'd have like half a million dollars. The least I could do is make your time working on RBE more worth your time, cause when it comes down to it when I buy my next video card I hope to use RBE to flash it.

Last edited:
I'm hoping support for all HD6XXX cards comes out soon, e.g. HD6670, HD6450, etc. We use this tool for some mods at work. I'd donate $200 if that would speed things up. In fact, I'll donate 100 now. If HDXXXX comes out in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll donate another $100.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
I'm hoping support for all HD6XXX cards comes out soon, e.g. HD6670, HD6450, etc. We use this tool for some mods at work. I'd donate $200 if that would speed things up. In fact, I'll donate 100 now. If HDXXXX comes out in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll donate another $100.

Dude, I don't know what to say... :rockout:
I wasn't very pressed to support lower 6xx0 cards, but you invested a nice argument to do so. Please, could you post a list of what 6xx0 cards there are you would like to be supported, together with BIOS examples?
At least, if you list encloses more than 6450 and 6670.

We potentially look at any of the HD6XXX desktop cards. I use the wiki site below to keep them straight:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units#IGP_.28HD_6xxx.29

But our order of preference would be the "native" sized devices first. If you can get these support in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll add the 2nd $100 donation.
6870 (looks like you already support)

followed by the fused off devices (smaller SP count but the same physical die) from the native devices. We will look at these cards too in the near future but don't need these as immediately as the cards above
6850, 6790

We use RBE to modify the video bios to increase the "upper limit" of the GPU/Ram and to add an instance # to the "Hardware Specs String" to help automate our testing of the cards.

Note, I'm not sure what "BIOS examples" you're looking for. Can you clarify?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
We potentially look at any of the HD6XXX desktop cards.
What do you mean, "look at"? If you don't want to answer this here, feel free to send me a PM.

But our order of preference would be the "native" sized devices first. If you can get these support in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll add the 2nd $100 donation.
6870 (looks like you already support)
I have these ones on my support list for the next version, except for 6770. For that I'll need a BIOS sample, see below.

We use RBE to modify the video bios to increase the "upper limit" of the GPU/Ram and to add an instance # to the "Hardware Specs String" to help automate our testing of the cards.
You do realize that I will never be able to guarantee that this will work because I can't and won't hack the digital signature, right?
Well, I guess you know pretty well what you are doing, so don't mention this... :)

Note, I'm not sure what "BIOS examples" you're looking for. Can you clarify?
Sure. In order to put these cards on RBE's support list I need BIOS images of them. If you have the cards, extract the BIOS images off of them (e.g. via GPU-Z) and send them over to me by eMail (or, post them in the forum, maybe other users will be grateful; also, consider uploading them into the TechPowerUp BIOS database using the built-in feature for that in GPU-Z). If you are having a hard time extracting the BIOSes using GPU-Z (maybe due to some of the BIOSes being used for IGP chips), send me a PM, I'll help you.

To be more precise, I need BIOSes of these cards:

as we don't have those in our TechPowerUp BIOS database.

We do performance and power characterization of graphics cards.

Yes - I realize that you can't guarantee GPU/RAM upper limit will work. It worked well on the HD5XXX cards. So, hoping it will continue to work on HD6XXX cards. Tomorrow I'll try this on the HD6870 and see if it works.

Glad to hear you have the high priority cards supported in next release. When is that due out?

I'll look at which BIOS I can get in the short term. I never noticed the upload capability in GPU-Z but that seems easy enough. My team doesn't look at the IGP devices as much but another team does. I'll ping them to see what they have for these:
6250, 6310, 6530, 6550, 6570

Since these devices are OEM only, we may not look at them due to increase cost of buying entire PC.
6750, 6770

BTW - does RBE work with mobile HD6xxxM GPUs?

Last edited:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
We do performance and power characterization of graphics cards.
Sorry for being snoopy, but in what way do you earn money with that? Just curious.

Glad to hear you have the high priority cards supported in next release. When is that due out?
I have the binary readily compiled. Maybe we'll wait some more days so you can bring some BIOS examples. If you would like to have a beta version prematurely, just send a PM.

BTW - does RBE work with mobile HD6xxxM GPUs?

That's somewhat difficult to answer. Basically: Yes. But mobile BIOSes can be (and are in fact most of the times) significantly different from desktop video card's BIOSes. It begins with difficulties when extracting the BIOS, regardless of using WinFlash, ATIFlash or even GPU-Z. Then, RBE might get confused with idiosyncratic properties of the BIOSes, maybe not supporting overdrive is the least of them, for example. Afterwards, it may be complicated to flash the files back to the cards.

Long story short: RBE works with mobile GPU's BIOSes in most of the times, but not always. Therefore, there is no official support.

Sure - I'd be happy to try a beta version of RBE v1.29. If you can supply a link I'll download and try tomorrow. And, I can find out if we have any of the other cards around to upload video BIOS.

We have a HD6310 device (GPU within E-350 APU). We were unable to save the video BIOS with either GPU-Z or ATIflash. Any idea on how to get what you're looking for here? We just started looking at APUs. But, wouldn't any video BIOS parameters be included in the System BIOS now that the GPU is part of the CPU?