• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Like I say, 360's saving grace, and why BF3 still won't crush it is, the 360 is the target audience. But it is nice that this guy is for the most part receptive to BF3, and not like most CoD players I know.

I'm not trying to exaggerate things but after playing pretty much all current FPS games out there, none of them give me the same feeling like BFBC2.

I can feel the weight of my body while running, the sluggish motion of pulling out of my secondary weapons, and the destructible environment that makes everything more realistic.

I hope BF3 will be the same... because MOH doesn't feel like BC2... it feels more like CoD.. :/

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I'm not trying to exaggerate things but after playing pretty much all current FPS games out there, none of them give me the same feeling like BFBC2.

I can feel the weight of my body while running, the sluggish motion of pulling out of my secondary weapons, and the destructible environment that makes everything more realistic.

I hope BF3 will be the same... because MOH doesn't feel like BC2... it feels more like CoD.. :/

MOH was supposed to feel that way. It was an answer to CoD and IMO was far better. However you gotta love the sound in MOH man. It was epic!

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
NowGamer.com - Battlefield 3: Eyes-On With DICE, Gameplay Details

Steven Burns 11:14, Friday 4th March 2011

We get a lengthy hands-off session with Battlefield 3, discussing multiplayer, tech and Call Of Duty

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, and no, our art department hasn’t made an embarrassing blunder. If you happen to be looking at that title up there and wondering what has happened to the ‘Bad Company’ subtitle, we’ve got news for you. Battlefield 3 is an all-new entry into the main series that so far called the PC its home, as opposed to the free-wheeling, spin-off shenanigans of Haggard and co that made the Battlefield brand a hit on consoles.

It’s a potential confusion that’s unsurprisingly a concern for developer DICE, publisher EA and, of course, Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach. “I can see that there could be confusion,” he says, “but the good thing is that it’s still Battlefield. If we’ve done something well with Bad Company 2 then it will still be part of the brand, and it doesn’t matter if you think it’s this game or that game, as long as you still know it’s a Battlefield game.”

Bach is living up to his Swedish countrymen’s reputation of being impossibly relaxed at all times, even though he’s revealing one of the biggest sequels in multiplayer gaming. Sitting in DICE’s headquarters on the bay area of Stockholm – where, at one point, an entire cruise ship pulls up behind him – he’s nonetheless keen to stress something from the beginning.

Despite the fact that this isn’t the expected Battlefield sequel, he tells us, the differences aren’t as important as the similarities. For DICE, the core of Battlefield is in the way it feels to be a soldier in combat, to take a place in a large-scale war, and that doesn’t change, even if the title does.
Bach’s enthusiasm is infectious, a love for the product that borders on obsession.

By the time he’s halfway through his opening speech, in one of DICE’s large, classroom-style screening rooms, said enthusiasm has spilled over onto others present. There’s an excitement in the air. Can talk of the new and supposedly ultra-powerful Frostbite engine really translate into the tangible results we’re being told about? Can the brilliant destruction of Bad Company 2 be improved upon? And could it really be one of the best-looking shooters ever?

The answer to all these questions, without a shadow of a doubt, is yes.

Bach begins the demonstration of the campaign. A cinematic begins, showing a nervous soldier sitting in a darkened courtroom. He’s recounting his experience as a marine sergeant tasked with calming an insurgent coalition known as the PLR across the Iran/Iraq border in 2014.

“Let me remind you, Sergeant,” booms an authoritative off-screen voice, “that you are still under oath.” The marine grimaces. “Sergeant Black,” the voice ominously continues. “We only want to know what happened that day.”

The screen fades to black, before coming back up and depicting a group of soldiers sitting in the back of a troop transport. Johnny Cash’s sombre version of God’s Gonna Cut You Down belts out, which should tell you all you need to know about Battlefield 3’s darker narrative, before being interrupted by military jargon over the radio.

“Rise and shine, ladies,” says one soldier. The team is told to disembark their troop transit by the barking, remote voice of their commanding officer. “What the f**k are we stopping for?” asks one grunt. “The objective’s 20 klicks north!” The vehicle stops, and the back door slowly opens with a mechanical, pressurised hiss. “Let’s go. Hit the road.”

The squad steps out into the bright Middle Eastern sunlight, and DICE’s screening room goes eerily quiet. Not many people can quite believe what they’re seeing. If this is the real deal – and as Bach was playing it next to us, we have no reason to doubt it – then Battlefield 3 is technically marvellous, and almost impossibly beautiful.

The draw distance seems to go on forever, showing off the detailed architecture of the city, an important achievement given the new focus on urban combat. The textures are impossibly detailed, giving the weapons and uniforms a sense of weight and believability. The sunlight casts perfect shadows across the background of a deliberately desaturated colour scheme.

It’s a great example of both art direction and technical skill combining to make you feel like you’re there, breathing in sand and squinting to see what’s going on as sirens and spinning rotor blades, provided by DICE’s best-in-class HD audio model, drown everything out. It’s sensory overload, interrupted only by a passed note from a fellow journo. It says one thing: ‘Wow’.

The squad moves up. “You ever ask yourself how this part of the world gets so f**ked up all of the time?” asks one of your crew. “I just work here,” is the response, in what could be a nod to a similar conversation in Aliens. After a short briefing, our boys are sent out to rescue another marine squad, holed up in a meat market described as “a bad f**king part of town”. The team moves cautiously through a burnt-out school, showing that the intricate interiors are more than a match for the exteriors and drawing out some sarcastic dialogue, as one marine ribs a fellow warrior: “Oh, that’s it, I forgot. They don’t have schools where you come from.”

Exiting into a nearby car park, an enemy patrol is left to wander by unharmed before, suddenly, one of your team is hit with sniper fire from one of the buildings that tower overhead. His blood sprays and smears the player character’s visor, obscuring his vision. Panic erupts, and gunfire roars out. Reaching down, the player drags the injured soldier to safety, before returning fire.

The action is fast, explosive and frantic, classic Battlefield, as your squad calls out panicked commands and debris rips out from the cars and balconies that shield your foes. A grenade is lobbed onto an upper floor, almost tearing it from its moorings with that familiar, satisfying crunch and sending the insurgent flying.

Heading up onto the top floor of a building to flush out the sniper, the squad is pinned down. As they leap from cover to cover we see the new physicality system in effect, a welcome hangover from Mirror’s Edge, with limbs splaying around as your character moves. Grabbing a rocket launcher, the squad provides suppressing fire as Bach fires the rocket at the sniper’s nest. The building opposite erupts, sending plumes of ultra-realistic smoke billowing into the sky, the hotel fascia swinging haphazardly on its hinges.

The demo then skips forward a little while. The player character is crawling through an air vent in the basement of an old launderette. An alarmed female voice rings out through the radio, urging the marine, now shorn of his team-mates and their support, to follow the red wire to a bomb and defuse it.
Dropping down into a clearing, the red wire is pulled… just as an insurgent jumps down and blindsides Bach.

A brief, interactive fist fight ensues, with the marine getting the best of his opponent, throwing a nose-breaking headbutt before driving the enemy’s head face first sickeningly into a knee. Swivelling quickly, Bach manages to defuse the bomb in time.

Urged to rejoin his squad, the marine brushes off a warning about a tremor from a local fault line to burst out onto a nearby freeway. The squad is under heavy fire from both sides, and Bach, ducking in and out of abandoned cars to avoid the raking gunfire that’s tearing up the street, hops up onto an overpass and onto an LMG, before ripping into the onrushing waves of enemies, sending puffy clouds of blood flying everywhere with every successful hit.

It’s not long, however, until your foe gets wise to this and sends in the big guns. Armoured support sees the marines scrambling as the heavy machine gun blasts away at cover, throwing rubble and dirt everywhere. It looks like it’s all over, until the familiar sound of rotor blades rips overhead, and a friendly chopper storms in, raining down death from above.

With the marines regrouping, it seems that the mission is successful, until another ground tremor throws out a snaking crack across the freeway, slicing the tarmac in two and scattering the marines. “EARTHQUAAAAAAKE!” comes the chilling call, but it’s too late: the building in front of us is shaking, collapsing, folding onto itself before finally bending double, crashing down onto the helpless marine chopper below it. The screen fades out again.

So far we’d seen how well the engine could handle lighting and physics, but, if we were being honest, we were wondering just how advanced the destruction, the core of the console Battlefield experience, had evolved. Thankfully, DICE had saved the best until last. We’d always been fans of the Frostbite engine’s destructive capabilities, but, as the building-razing earthquake shows, this is something else entirely. Something much, much, better.

It’s seriously impressive stuff, but even a blind man could see that it clearly wasn’t running on an Xbox 360. So what about us mere mortals who don’t own a Skynet-style PC? How will our console cope?

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,” Bach tells us. “We have a super-powerful streaming pipeline, which makes it possible to stream high-end data through the game so every frame we look at will have fresh data. This means you don’t have to load everything at once; you don’t have to fill the level at the start. In BC2, you have 512 megs of memory; you load it, you play it, done. The objects you saw at the end needed to be loaded at the start, and you think, ‘It took me an hour to get to this point where I can see it, so what’s the point?’

“That’s the whole magic with this. We can have 512 megs every hundred metres if we wanted to, as we can just flush the data out [and replace it] as you move along. I can promise you that the console versions will still look amazing because of the core technology. If you have a 360, we want to use that machine to the maximum.”

With the question of technology swiftly dealt with, if not totally answered, we move on to something equally as important: why bring the main Battlefield series, formerly PC-only, to consoles now? And why, after all the successes of the knockabout Bad Company, would DICE think that we’d want another serious shooter?

According to Bach, in the single-player at least, it’s all a question of narrative and how you present it. With the technology finally right, DICE felt that it could tell the story and make the game it’s always wanted to: “the generational leap”, as it’s known around its HQ.

“I don’t know if you’ve heard the analogy of guitar solo vs a real song, but some games that are on more of a ‘sugar rush’ than us more or less go from ten to eleven throughout the whole game,” explains Bach. “I think that’s an immature way of presenting a narrative. I think there is more depth to be had when it comes to storytelling, and there is more depth to the perceived feeling of being at war."

“For example, we showed you five minutes of gameplay without a single shot being fired. I think that is representative of what we think about storytelling, and how you should tell a story like this. I won’t go into details on the characters and how they interact and the arcs, but in general I think it’s important that we don’t try and copy someone else. We’re not trying to achieve what the others are trying to achieve.”

It’s clear what, or who, Bach means when he talks of ‘sugar-rush’ shooters, and from what we’ve seen Battlefield 3 isn’t in any hurry to throw its players into a nonsensical shooting gallery, despite the immense pyrotechnics of the technology. Nor is Bach willing to go any further with details on the campaign. For now, he tells us, we’ll just have to wait and see.

There can be no doubt that the ‘slice’ of the campaign we saw is impressive. But there’s one nagging question left: why did a company and franchise better known for large-scale, vehicle-based online warfare choose to exclusively flaunt single-player, with no MP footage on show?

Bach was quick to acknowledge that some people may moan about this, but he’s not too worried. After all, it would take a colossal failure for DICE to drop the ball on the multiplayer modes that it pioneered.

“We think that single-player games are great, and if you have a great single-player, that makes the game better,” he tells us. “That doesn’t mean that you need to take away MP. Our DNA is still MP, the competitive element of games.“

Although he can’t go into too many details about the multiplayer, Bach gives us some helpful hints about the content of the online portion of the game. The maps will be larger to compensate for more vehicles – including fighter jets, returning to the series for the first time since Battlefield 2, at last. There will be 24 players on the 360 and PS3 as opposed to 64 on the PC, and the maps will be scaled to fit. Bach doesn’t believe that more players equals more fun, however.

“I think we’ve had some bad experience in the gaming world with more players; it just adds more complexity. Of course, it’s a great number for marketing – the number is only for marketing. When you play it you’re thinking, ‘Why does it play crap, why does it animate crap, why does it look crap?’ and it’s like, ‘Well, you got this big number, so why aren’t you happy?’”

Along with not blindly aping the MAGs of this world, Battlefield 3 will still retain that core feel of smaller battles forming the backbone of an overarching, objective-based narrative. DICE may be chasing the Call Of Duty crowd, but it’s not changing in the process.

“We want to make a game for grown-ups. We don’t want to make a children’s game, a twitch, infantry-focused on-drugs sugar-rush experience. This needs to be an adult game with mature features and depth. It’s supposed to be a sport. It should be: ‘I can trust this game.’”

What DICE also wants you to trust is that the Frostbite 2 engine will be just as brilliant as it is in single-player, which would go some way to realising the goal of creating large, open spaces pocketed with dense, tight locations to destroy at will. MP lead designer Lars Gustafsson describes the strength and malleability of the engine as “enabling us to spend less time squeezing the paint out of the tube, and more time painting the picture right”.

Gustafsson, naturally, also agrees with Bach’s opinion that Battlefield 3’s multiplayer shouldn’t be copying other shooters: “If you constantly just spawn into the meat grinder with no delay, it’s impossible to create a weighted battle, a tug of war, and it becomes a chaotic team deathmatch. [It’s about] that physical experience of being there. The pacing, that awareness of not only yourself but the world reacting to you.”

Again, the confidence is infectious. Many developers toot their horn, but not many developers have DICE’s pedigree. Barring a disaster of epic proportions, Battlefield 3’s multiplayer will be fantastic, and although we’ll need to see a lot more of the single-player to judge whether its gameplay is as unique as its engine, early impressions are positive.

As DICE knows, though, critical success is not generally a problem. One of the company’s main challenges isn’t so much building a great game as it is getting people to buy it.
“If you look at the Metacritic scores [between us and other games] we have the higher score, but for some reason people don’t know, so we have to change that,” Bach concludes. “We don’t want to be the cover band to someone else’s song; our goal is to be the star.”

Maybe it’ll finally take the main stage.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
The screen fades to black, before coming back up and depicting a group of soldiers sitting in the back of a troop transport. Johnny Cash’s sombre version of God’s Gonna Cut You Down belts out, which should tell you all you need to know about Battlefield 3’s darker narrative, before being interrupted by military jargon over the radio.

Did I just read Johnny Cash has music in this game? Is this game being crafted by God himself?

System Name Dell m6600
Processor i5 2520
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) ATI 6970m
Storage 128gb agility 3
Power Supply 240w
Software win 7 pro
Did I just read Johnny Cash has music in this game? Is this game being crafted by God himself?

I think I will be skipping a semester of school for this...:rockout:

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro

TheMailMan78

Big Member
BF3 Single Player Preview.

The ground shakes beneath my feet as an earthquake decimates the street before my eyes. It's jarring at first but I'm quick to remind myself, I'm not standing in the middle of the carnage but watching it play out on a monitor in front of me. The first in-game demo for Battlefield 3 from developer DICE has a few moments like this. So much happens in the ten (or so) minute demo that it's difficult to process how to even write about it.

Marines shoot insurgents known as the PLR. Cars and buildings are reduced to rubble. Mayhem finds a home in the near future world on the Iraq and Iran border. These are the core elements at play during the demo.

The first leg of the adventure has been spoiled in a gameplay trailer released late last night (found below). As one of the developers plays the game on PC in front of a hushed crowd, we're introduced to a Marine named Black and his team in the year 2014. Tasked with finding a missing squad of marines investigating a cache of chemical weapons, Black and his team set out to a market on the "bad side of town." Looking at the world, it's hard to imagine there's a good side to be found anywhere.

In the video, you can spot one of the first battle sequences in the demo. Black's team is ambushed in a parking lot, which kicks off when one of his team is hit by a sniper round. After manually dragging him to safety, Black and his team proceed to dismantle the opposition before they flee.

Throughout the demo the NPCs make a few mentions of tremors. The border is located right above a fault line and it seems that Mother Nature wants to join in on the fight.

Pushing past hordes of enemy insurgents, the team sets out to find the sniper that nearly took the life of one of their own. Eventually they find themselves on a rooftop, across from the sniper's perch. Here they stalk from cover to cover, then crawl across the roof to locate the shooter. Across the street is a hotel where the sniper seems to take up his position, a thought that the NPCs confirm when the sparkle of a scope appears in the distance.

Though the team could take fire at the sniper from their position, doing so isn't guaranteed to end the threat. Instead, one marine rolls a shoulder-mounted missile launcher (which may be a M136 AT4, originally we noted it as a M72 LAW) towards Black, the playable character. "You're the best shot," he yells and the team sets up to cover him. "Three. Two. One." The squad rises to their feet and fire at the sniper as Black fires a the missile into the open area. Not only is the sniper reduced to ashes, but the front-face of the building buckles and falls to the ground. There are definitely vacancies in this hotel tonight.

The demo skips ahead to an underground section. The last of Jackson's team has been found taken hostage and Black goes to investigate a suspicious red wire leading into an underground bunker. As he makes his way down, more tremors hit. A sign of things to come. After crawling through vents and tight corridors, he's faced with a room filled with munitions connected to a bomb, which slowly beeps. Quickly, Black pulls one of the two wires powering the device before an insurgent sneaks up behind him and attempts to knock him out.

But Marines? They fight back. What ensues next is a brutal hand-to-hand exchange where Black, still controlled by the DICE developer, deals and takes devastating punches, all the while the bomb's beep becomes louder and more panicked. The battle lasts about a minute, ending with the insurgents head repeatedly smashed against the pole holding up a chain-link fence that wraps the room. Before it seems like it's too late, Black yanks the last wire from the device and the situation calms.

But only for a second. A fellow Marine calls to Black to make it topside to help with a wave of insurgent activity. The situation is fierce. Hordes of enemies rush an open area, in the middle of the downtown environment. Taking position on a bridge, Black fends off waves by destroying vehicles used as enemy cover and shooting through weak structures to the insurgents laying in wait behind.

As the bridge's own cover begins to disappear, Black rushes to an enemy vehicle and jumps aboard the .50 caliber gun on the back, firing into crowds of hostiles.

Soon, gunfire is the last of anyone's worries, on either side of the battle. The quiet tremors from before disappear and the world begins to shake and erupt with sonic sounds. A giant earthquake hits the street and the earth beneath the fighters rips apart sending Black onto the ground. In the distance a building buckles and begins to break apart from its foundation, falling onto the street below and--it appears--on to Black.

The demo ends there. Though it was heavily scripted, it was very impressive. In its current state, Battlefield 3 looks and sounds outstanding. However, that's the single-player, which some might cite as the "added bonus" to a multiplayer-focused shooter.

Battlefield 3 is coming to PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 this fall.
When I spoke with DICE GM Karl Magnus Troedsson, the first handful of questions I threw at him during my extremely short ten minute interview were focused on Shack community questions. Questions that revolved around things like spawn mechanics and dedicated servers.

Unfortunately, DICE isn't showing its hand at this time. Presumably, the game is still too far off to discuss how it will function at launch.

On the specific subject of dedicated servers Troedsson said that although DICE isn't talking about that at this time he reminds me that it's something they have done in the past. "[DICE believes] that its crucial for the experience." Ending that line of questioning by saying that Shackers "can bet on it."

This isn't the last we'll see of Battlefield 3. This was only the debut and we're going to be following up on every critical piece of multiplayer information we get.

Because at the end of the day, even though Battlefield 3 looks to sport an action-packed single-player experience, multiplayer is at the heart of the series.

Source

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Last edited:
System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Battlefield 3 At PAX East

Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:48

Are you going to PAX East this weekend? Want to be one of the first in the world to see the already critically acclaimed gameplay from Battlefield 3? Well guess what? If you’re a Gun Club member, you’ve got exclusive access!

This weekend at PAX East in Boston, we’ll be showing the first public demo of Battlefield 3, and it will be exclusive to members of the Gun Club. That’s right, the only people who will be admitted to this very limited demo are Gun Club members, and here’s the best part: Signing up is absolutely free! If you’re not already signed up for the club, simply head to gunclub.ea.com and hit that registration link and once you’re all signed up, you’ll be able to take a look at the upcoming opus from DICE.

Get ready for your first look at Battlefield 3 and we’ll see you in Boston!

Follow Gun Club on Facebook!
Follow Gun Club on Twitter!

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
But according to them it would be the exact opposite! ;)

Yeah it would be interesting to try out but I think I agree with the final decision.

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Yeah it would be interesting to try out but I think I agree with the final decision.

They should at least offer it. I mean why not? It may not be fun to them but to other people it might be a blast. You could always reduce player count on the server side much like they do with tickets.

Black Haru

Staff member

They should at least offer it. I mean why not? It may not be fun to them but to other people it might be a blast. You could always reduce player count on the server side much like they do with tickets.

I think It would be a good feature if they ever introduced mod tools (which is doubtful).

the fact is, even if it runs great, the servers people would try to run it on would not be able to cope with the load of that many players. I still have doubts that EA's back end will be able to handle the bandwidth on release.

also, I know BF3 maps are bigger, but imagine 256 players on oasis (in BC2), it would be standing room only.

System Name WhiteWalker2020 / LAN Box
Processor Intel i7 6900K 4.4GHz / 2500K i5@4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI X99A Krait / Gigabyte Z68-UD3P
Cooling Full custom liquid / XIGMATEK HDT-Aegir
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000MHz/ 4x4GB G. Skill DDR1866 Sniper
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1080Ti SC ACX 2.0, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 2.0
Storage 950 Pro 512GB M.2, 960GB SanDisk Ultra II, Intel 730 480GB and 240GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 17TB Mechanical
Display(s) 39" AMH 399A (no glass) UHD , Wasabi Mango 42" UHD IPS, Samsung 55" 4K
Case Thermaltake Core x9 / HAF 932 Red
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD-Audio On-Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850W / Corsair 650TX
Mouse 2x Logitech 610
Keyboard Razer DeathStalker / Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 64bit Professional
This game is going to be epic. Could I be added as a member of BF3 Clubhouse :) I'm taking vacation when this hits stores.

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Battlefield 3 supports 3D

On March 10th, 2011 in News

At GDC, DICE have a number of technical presentations concerning their new Frostbite 2 engine, which powers Battlefield 3. One of the presentations, called “DirectX 11 Rendering in Battlefield 3″, goes into detail on the PC version of Battlefiled 3, and the DirectX 11 features it uses, such as Deferred Shading and SRAA antialiasing.

What caught our attention was also the talk of 3D support for Battlefield 3, of which one presentation slide was dedicated to, explaining how DICE incorporates 3D into the game. Battlefield 3 will support both Nvidia’s 3D Vision technology, and rival AMD’s HD3D. DICE will use “explicit 3D rendering”, which in essence means each frame is rendered to each eye, while retaining much of the image quality and detail that was in a regular 2D image.

3D on PCs of course requires a modern graphics card and a 3D monitor. There was no mention of 3D support on consoles.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Battlefield 3 at Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo

At the upcoming Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo EA plans on showing off Battlefield 3 to the public. The EA booth will have a Battlefield Gaming Lounge showing "Battlefield 3 in demos". C2E2 is held March 18th - 20th.

To clarify, it says "demo". That does not mean hands-on. It could mean someone playing and showing the game to other people (hence demonstration). If this happens it would most likely be closed door sessions to prevent low quality shaky cam footage from leaking. It could also mean Battlefield 3 trailers playing on a TV.

Hmm not hands on but I still may have to go to this. Can PPSh some mofos in the next booth too apparently (Vietnam hand on demo)! :D

System Name Main Rig
Processor AMD FX 8320e 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H55
Memory Kinston Hyper X RED DDr3 1600Mhz 2x4Gb
Video Card(s) AMD NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8gb
Storage Sandisk 240GB SSD /Seagate 1TB (STEAM) / 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB (Storage)
Display(s) Samsung S24D390HL PLS 23.6 X2 Dual Monitor
Case CoolerMaster Scout
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply XFX XT Series 600W PSU 80+ Bronze
Mouse MOTOSPEED V30 Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
Keyboard MOTOSPEED Inflictor CK104 Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro 64BIT
Apparently Shop2net is getting a battlefield 3 Exclusive trailer next week just got a email soThought id post it up :

PhysXerror

System Name Avalon
Processor Intel I7 3770K (Stock)
Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabretooth
Cooling Swiftech Apogee HD, GTX 240, EK Full cover GPU block
Memory 2x4Gb Corsair 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX570 @ 833/1015/1665
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb, 1.5Tb SataIII Internal, 2.5Tb in Externals
Display(s) Samsung 245B 24" 1920x1200 / HP 19" L1925
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Intergrated + Logitech X530 + Logitech G930
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 - 1115 | Nova - 1288

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Last edited:
System Name Dell m6600
Processor i5 2520
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) ATI 6970m
Storage 128gb agility 3
Power Supply 240w
Software win 7 pro

I think It would be a good feature if they ever introduced mod tools (which is doubtful).

the fact is, even if it runs great, the servers people would try to run it on would not be able to cope with the load of that many players. I still have doubts that EA's back end will be able to handle the bandwidth on release.

also, I know BF3 maps are bigger, but imagine 256 players on oasis (in BC2), it would be standing room only.

ohhh... we could have more that 1 terrine/map type per map...:eek:

think oblivion/mmo sized maps.....:rockout: 256 people, massive battles, jets+carriers, moving frontlines, etc

Black Haru

Staff member

think oblivion/mmo sized maps.....:rockout: 256 people, massive battles, jets+carriers, moving frontlines, etc

I think that's a bit much to expect here, but we can have high hopes for BF4 to be an epic open world FPS :rockout:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

Oblivion map honestly isn't that huge, yeah when your on foot or on horse, but by Humvee or Jet, I honestly don't think BF3's maps will be that much smaller, at least the ones with Jets.

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?

yeah think of all the H-MO recon and snipers that would just sit there so.234 recon and yeah fun....look at heavy metal. not played right half the time cause its big

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
did you guys ever play BF2?
there's just no comparison.

BattleCorridor vs BattleField

which do you think is bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.