• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problem with 6950 PCS++ "Flashing"

PowerColor

PowerColor Rep
Hugo clearly told me over the phone that I woud have to ship the card at my expense. No shipping label was offered...

Please ask if he can provide a shipping label.. he would be happy to give you one :toast:

omergurlek

Let me try to clear some points:

- PowerColor will offer free RMA service on both ways, no expenses from your side shipping. In US you can ask for a pre-paid shipping label.
- We will replace the card for a PCS++ or similiar performance card (HD6970)
- Please note this is vale for cards that have the issue of the locked shaders

Keep in mind the email address will be served from Taiwan, and was created just a day ago. So from now you should get a prompt reply.

Any more questions feel free to ask

Will we send our card first?

How will it take for the total process to happen if this is the case? ie. my card arrives to you, you prepare the new card, I receive the new card etc.

Pflaumenwunder

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (4GHz)
Motherboard Gigabyte Ga-890FXA-UD5
Cooling Scyth Muggen 2
Memory 4x2GB Corsair CMX8GX3M4A1333C9
Video Card(s) PowerColor HD6950PCS++
Storage Seagate 250GB ST3250410AS, 1500GB ST31500341AS
Display(s) Samsung P2770FH (27")
Case Xigmantek Midgard
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Cougar GX1050
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Of course locked. If my card was unlocked, I would not do it all here.

PowerColor

PowerColor Rep
Could you tell me when i will get an answere at the email?

You should get it whitin 24Hrs.

Will we send our card first?

How will it take for the total process to happen if this is the case? ie. my card arrives to you, you prepare the new card, I receive the new card etc.

Yes, from the time we get the card the process shouldnt take more than 7 working days.
We will give high priority on these RMA, once they get to us, we process in our system, test it and if it does has the locked shadders we will mail you a brand new card.

bill213

That's easy a 2 week turn around ..... no good ill pass ......sending the card to newegg

omergurlek

You should get it whitin 24Hrs.

Yes, from the time we get the card the process shouldnt take more than 7 working days.
We will give high priority on these RMA, once they get to us, we process in our system, test it and if it does has the locked shadders we will mail you a brand new card.

So basically it will take us around 2.5-3 weeks. What do you think we should do in the meantime? I'm a student majoring Computer Sciences, and this is my only computer and GPU. And my mo/bo doesn't have an onboard GPU.

PowerColor

PowerColor Rep
I hope you guys can understand we are offering the speediest RMA process possible. Taking in consideration that the 7 working days already inc the shipping the card back to you.

If by any reason you cannot wait, then I guess you should send it back to the etailer and ask for money back / other model.

Pflaumenwunder

Cooling Scyth Muggen 2
Case Xigmantek Midgard
dont notice:
I could wait but i cant pay 16 Euro for shipping. My card is 6 Days old and i dont have money fo this month left for shipping. not everyone earn 2.000 Euro/month.

But, you have answered this question.
[end notice]

Thank you. I will wait for the answer from the Support.

Why i have not taken the nvidia card...

ich glaub Powercolor hat was gegen mich. Meine fragen werden kaum berücksichtigt. Mach ich was falsch?!

PowerColor said:
If by any reason you cannot wait, then I guess you should send it back to the etailer and ask for money back / other model.

I have 7 Days left to send the Card back to shop and get my Money back. Other Model? The "Other" Models are more expensive.

Last edited:

PowerColor

PowerColor Rep
For the €urope region a special TNT service will be provided to the users:

We forward info user data to TNT by special e-mail address
TNT will contact with the shipper ( the user ), and make an appointment for collection, the shipper makes faulty product ship ready ( well packed )

This info should be asked by our RMA special service when your in contact with them.

Pflaumenwunder

Cooling Scyth Muggen 2
Case Xigmantek Midgard
thats very good!

now you have your rest in front of me. My Questions are all answered. :respect:

omergurlek

For the €urope region a special TNT service will be provided to the users:

We forward info user data to TNT by special e-mail address
TNT will contact with the shipper ( the user ), and make an appointment for collection, the shipper makes faulty product ship ready ( well packed )

This info should be asked by our RMA special service when your in contact with them.

If you can do something like this, why don't you send us the card first? The TNT employee will basically hand me the card when we prepare the faulty one for shipment. It would make things much better.

Twist1809

I just wanna say: I told you Pflaumenwunder. ;)

Omergurlek,
they have to check first if you really get a card with locked shaders before they will send you a new one.

Last edited:

Twist1809

Now i got an answere with all my details in it.
I think I have to wait until TNT or Powercolor will call me.
It seems to be the next step forward. I hope the next one will come very soon.

davetheshrew

oh dear I cant belive I have been caught up in this also, I bought one the other day for a thermalright cfx review in guru forum and ripped off the cooler and fitted before installing to test! fukken thing has 1408 shaders and is not going to work how I want with my unlocked card, review is on hold!!:(

powercolor Im a very unhappy chappy, Im gritting my teeth waiting for a response, I sent it to 6950@whatever blah.

sort it please Im awaiting response